Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 7 ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 7
 
Samuno returned the smile.
I guess I won't be returning to Konoha for a while. I can't leave Gaara to face this world on his own right now. Naruto will be fine, I'm sure of it, he's got Sakura and Sasuke now, she thought. "Come on; let's go get some food, Temari said that breakfast was ready."
Gaara looked up at her, putting the biggest smile on his face that he could as he got up and grabbed her hand to lead her out of the room. She stopped him and knelt at his feet.
"Gaara, you know that you don't have to act happy, right?" she asked him as she looked into his eyes that revealed the pain inside of him. "It's all right to cry about what happened last night. You can be sad, as long as you don't let it take over your life. Being able to be sad is one of the things that make us human. Our emotions are there to set us apart from the animals and real monsters of this world."
"But, I'm the monster," Gaara mumbled.
"I don't ever want to hear you say that again, Gaara," she replied, "you are not a monster. The only monsters that I have seen since I came here are that Yashamaru and Kazekage. Only a monster could ever issue such a heartless order, or even think about carrying one out like that."
"They were just doing their jobs," Kankuro pointed out from the doorway.
"That is not the job of the Kazekage, or a ninja," Samuno argued as she stood up. "The Kazekage is the Sand Village's version of the Hokage, the support pillar of Konoha. It is both the Kazekage and Hokage's jobs to watch out for every member of their village, their family. They protect them, set an example for them. So tell me how you can call that man the Kazekage? That man who would sentence his own son to death just because he's afraid. The Kazekage is not supposed to take the easy way out like that, he supposed to show the village that there's nothing to fear, he supposed to make everything work out."
"You don't know what you're talking about," the Kazekage suddenly interrupted, appearing behind her.
"Father," Gaara gasped as he took a step back.
Samuno turned around to face the man; staying between him and Gaara for fear that he had come to do what Yashamaru could not do.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"You are not the leader of this village. You are simply a child," he stated.
"I don't care if I am just a child. I know what I'm talking about. I am a ninja of Konoha, and I have experienced this type of thing in the past."
"I doubt that."
"I have. If you think that Gaara is the only one with a demon sealed inside of him, you're crazy!" Samuno glared. "My brother has to deal with almost the exact same thing. He has Kyuubi sealed within him, and never once has the Lord Hokage ever tried to kill him off. He's been very kind to my brother throughout all of this time, despite the fact that he doesn't have any parents, and that he goofs off all of the time. Lord Hokage has always been there, and ordered that the villagers never speak about the demon within him as a hope that he would have friends in his generation. But despite the fact that the villagers feared him at first and their children fell along side with them, he's making friends."
"I will hear no more on this matter," the Kazekage muttered as he walked out the door.
"I have two more things to say, Lord Kazekage," Samuno spoke up. "First off, the next time you have something as despicable as killing off your own children, I suggest you do it yourself instead of hiding behind your ninja. They are not there for you to use in such a way. And secondly, next time, you'll have to kill me first, and risk starting a war with Konoha."
The Kazakage simply continued walking.
"Did you hear me?!" she called after him.
He waved his hand in the air.
"I'm serious," she declared with a deadly tone.