Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Twelve ❯ Time Travel 8 ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cursed Twelve 2 Time Travel
Chapter 8
 
"You shouldn't judge him too harshly, Samuno," Tenmari sighed once her father was locked up in his office once again.
"I'm sorry," Samuno apologized. "It's just that this kind of thing just hits a nerve of mine that I can't ignore. I can't believe that you guys aren't bothered by it."
"Well, to be honest…."
"Don't tell me you agreed with him," she gasped.
"Well, yeah. I mean, the Shukaku is the village's trump card, which makes Gaara the secret weapon of the village."
"He's not just a weapon though; he's your little brother, just like Naruto is mine. That should always come first in this life. There are too many people out there to make enemies with, why make them with your own flesh and blood?" she asks as tears build up in her eyes.
"Please don't cry, Samuno," Gaara begged as he wiped the tears away gently.
"You deal with your family your way, and we'll deal with our family our way," Kankuro commented.
Samuno sighed as she stood up.
"Where are you going?" all three of the siblings asked at once.
"I swore that I would protect Gaara," Samuno explained. "And there's no better way to protect someone than to teach them how to protect themselves. You two can come along as well, if you'd like."
"Um…" Tenmari and Kankuro exchanged nervous glances.
"Or don't, it's up to you, I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do," Samuno shrugged as Gaara clasped her hand tightly in his and they walked out the door together.
"H-hey, wait up!" Kankuro called after them as he and Tenmari rushed to catch up.
With that, the four headed out to a training site within the village and Samuno began her instruction with weapons. Through the training, each of the children of sand discovered their best weapon and fighting style: Tenmari using fans and the wind; Kankuro using puppet style techniques; and Gaara learning that his best weapon was his best defense: his sand.
After about a month of training, an unexpected visitor appeared from another village.
"Hey, did you hear, Samuno? A Konoha ninja just showed up, she's in a meeting with our father at the moment," Tenmari informed as she came into Gaara's room where Gaara and Samuno were eating lunch.
"A Konoha ninja?" Samuno asked, her eyes showing how curious she was, as well as a slight pain at remembering her fallen team, a memory that she had pushed out of her mind during her time in the Village of Sand.
"Yeah, wanna see?" Kankuro asked.
"Sure," Samuno smiled. Who knows who it could be? Hmm…maybe Kurenai-Sensei stopped by for some reason. I can ask her how Naruto's doing.
With that, the four children got up and headed to the Kazekage's office to spy on the mysterious ninja of Konoha.