Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Deception ❯ The Death of the Demon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AijinMegami: I DON'T OWN NARUTO!
-
FLASHBACK
Haku-kun, c'mon! It's just over that biiiiiighill!” 9 year old Sakura yelled dragging a dark long haired boy who panted behind her” Sakura-chan...uwah, what is it that you want...to show me?” he asked panting.” Hehe, ITS. A. SECRET!” 12 year old Haku sweat dropped, he had been training with Zabuza when Sakura had kidnapped him without any of them noticing, although that seemed a little suspicious he said nothing.
He had met Sakura when he had been training his bloodline when a stray senbon flew towards her, he had been amazed when she caught it with two fingers without even looking. They knew nothing of each other but became close friends as they noticed the similarities between them, they didn't know each others sensei's, they didn't know each others past, they knew nothing yet grew close.
It had been hard for them to grow close for Sakura had first been very close and distance but Haku managed to pierce through the shield. When he got through he found that she was actually a wonderful girl that was just waiting to burst out but she apparently hid it very well.
Are we there yet, Sakura-chan?” he asked with a smile” Almost...WE'RE HERE!” she yelled, his eyes widened. They were in a forest filled with snow yet they place she had dragged him was covered with Cosmos's and white Lily's.” Hehe, my sensei and I found this place while training. I stopped him before he could destroy this place with his ninjutsu.” She said with a sheepish laugh.
...this place is beautiful.” Haku said with a gentle smile, Sakura nodded” Yeah...it's really pretty, but what I like most isn't the view but...the flowers. Haku-kun, you once told me that I was like a Cosmos, vibrant and beautiful when bloomed. I said you were like a Lily because you were so pure and true...this place is us, Cosmos and Lily, they're the only thing that exists here...” she said trailing off.” Sakura-chan?” he asked inquiringly.
Oh nothing, except that we understand each other, you've been like an older brother I never had!” she said with a grin” Like these flowers our friendship will last forever.” Haku said grinning back” HELL YEAH!” she yelled tackling him.

OUTSIDE OF HER MIND
Sasuke and Naruto had charged like wild animals, their bloodlust and anger visible in their eyes as well as their chakra. Naruto's wounds had started to heal and their chakra's started to envelope together, healing Sasuke's wounds as well.' Their chakra has fused together...this is impossible!' Haku thought with wide eyes behind his mask as he was barraged with attacks.' Their wounds have healed miraculously on their own; there isn't a scratch on them. The size of their chakra is impossible!' he thought as he skidded back a few steps
“I'LL KILL YOU!” Sasuke yelled as he pulled out a kunai” YOU'LL PAY!” Naruto yelled after him creating a Bunshin, Sasuke kicked Haku on the face sending him flying to the floor when the clone of Naruto kicked him from below sending him hurdling upwards. Naruto appeared and slammed his fist into Haku's face sending him out of the dome of ice and outside.
Weakly standing up Haku could have sworn he saw his life flash before his eyes as the two charged. Just before he was killed Naruto caught Sasuke's arm.
“DOBE, what the hell are you doing!” Sasuke hissed, his sharingan spinning like crazy.” Y-You're that boy...from before.” Naruto said quietly ignoring the angry Uchiha” Why did you stop?” he asked quietly.” I murdered that girl...the one you loved very much and yet you still spare me?” Sasuke remained silent while Naruto rammed his fist into Haku, sending him hurdling a few feet.” You know you can't hope to kill me with such a weak blow.” He said standing up.
Naruto said nothing while Sasuke glared at him” Often people make the mistake of sparing their foes, thinking it is out of an act of kindness yet don't you see? It is an empty existence...to go on living alone and unloved...when defeat has already cost you your dream.” Naruto's eyes widened” Say what-?”
“Zabuza-sama has no use for a weak shinobi, you're taken away my reason for living.” The words of what Haku had spoken about a precious person echoed inside of Naruto's mind” Why...WHY WASTE ALL THAT DEVOTION ON THAT CREEP WHEN ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS HIMSELF AND MONEY! IS THAT STUPID BROWLESS WONDER REALLY PRECIOUS TO YOU, YOU'RE SO CALLED `BELOVED FRIEND'!”
Haku could only smile at his foolishness” I was once...a precious person. I belonged...to my parents.” Haku said wistfully” I was born in a snowy little village in the land of the Mist...my parents were such good and kind people...” Haku said as his mind began to wander into his past. As he explained the horrors of life Sakura twitched a little.
FLASHBACK
HAKU-KUN!” the young pink haired girl yelled running after a coffee haired boy, he looked back at her and smiled” Sakura-chan...I guess this is where we finally part.” He said in a solemn voice” I guess...” she said quietly as well.” I'll miss you.”
Me too...” an awkward silence enveloped them as a cool breeze flew by” Sakura-chan...I want you to have this.” He said taking out a gold chained necklace, at the bottom was a silver crystal that seemed to glow against the sun. He carefully pulled it apart and took out another chain and looped it in another one.” This belonged to my Okaasan...she had said to give it to someone special.”
H-Haku-kun...I can't accept something like this!” she said wide eyed as he dropped the pendant on her hand” Of course you can or else I'll feel insulted...you could think of it like a friendship necklace.” He said with a chuckle” B-B-But I have nothing to give you in return!” he smiled” Don't worry, when we meet again someday you can treat me to something!”
...Good-bye Haku...niisan.” She said quietly, his eyes widened for a second but it was gone in a second” Don't worry little imouto; we'll see each other someday.” He said placing a hand on her head, with that the two separated...

END OF FLASHBACK
“I once had someone precious behind Zabuza-sama...a wonderful bright young girl who was like a sister to me...she and I had to part but I guess I can not keep my promise of seeing her once again...Naruto-kun...please...take my life.” He said quietly' I am truly sorry Zabuza-san...your tool, your weapon...has failed you.' He thought in anguish.
Naruto looked up to retort when he saw the look of suffering and sadness in his eyes and he nodded, Sasuke smartly decided to remain silent during the conversation. Interrupting would be pointless” I hope you find...your dream.” Haku said gently, Naruto glanced at the dead-looking Sakura and whispered quietly as he drew a kunai” Sakura-chan didn't exactly have a dream but she did have a precious person. If we had met some other place...some other time...we could have been friends.”
Just as Naruto was close enough to pierce Haku by the heart Haku's eyes had widened” I am sorry Naruto-kun but I can not die yet!” he yelled creating a one hand seal, disappearing.
WITH KAKASHI/ ZABUZA
“Give it up Zabuza...like I said before, your future is death.” Kakashi said holding the chidori; things weren't looking good for the mercenary. He was being held by Kakashi's hound dogs and there seemed no where out. He closed his hand just as there was a sickening splat, he opened his eyes to expect Kakashi right in front of him with his hand in his gut but his eyes widened when he saw none other than Haku in front of him.
Kakashi had missed him and apparently landed his chidori into Haku's stomach, apparently Kakashi had seen Haku had tried to avert his attack.” Za-Zabuza-sama.” He croaked out, blood spilling from his mouth. Zabuza smirked” Hehe, looks like you were wrong once again Kakashi.”
Zabuza quickly grabbed his sword yelled” I really did find a treasure in that gutter, TO THINK HE WOULD GIVE ME SUCH A MARVELOUS CHANCE AS THIS ONE!” and just when he was about to swing down at the stunned Jounin a senbon needle crashed into his blade, shattering it.
“The 25th rule of the shinobi conduct' whatever happens, true shinobi must never ever show their emotion. The mission is the only priority, carry that in your heart and never shed a tear.” A hollow voice said far away.
“I-Is that-!”Naruto yelled turning around quickly, Sasuke's eyes widened at the enormous amount of chakra emitting from the small girl” I always follow the nindo of the shinobi, I never show my emotion during battle but for this one...I'll make an exception.” She said glaring at Zabuza with eyes that could kill; her anger was rolling off of her like a hot yet cold breeze you can't run away from. It stings and hurts yet you can't do anything about it' Thanks to everyone thinking I'm dead I was able to counter that seal on my chakra'
She pulled out one of the senbon on her body without flinching, Kakashi took this time to jump out of Zabuza's way as to not get caught in the cross fire. Sakura took this time to throw the senbon directly towards Zabuza, with no weapons to block he covered his face with his good arm by reflex.” Hehe, big mistake. Now you can't use both of your arms meaning no spells, no katas, no chakra.” She said with a smirk, Kakashi was about to finish Zabuza when heard a snotty voice.
“Well, well, well, they sure made a fine mess out of you, Zabuza.” Gato said with a voice that just wanted you to kill yourself, he walked over to Haku whom was a few feet away from the others” Ah that remind me, I have a score to settle with you. You nearly crushed the bones of my arm you carrion.” He said nudging the seemingly dead Haku with his feet, just when he was about to kick him a shurikan sliced him on the arm, cutting it off” AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!” he yelled holding onto his stump that was his arm.
“Touch. Him. Again. And. Prepare. To. Die.” Sakura said in a firm voice, although the rogue samurai's that had come with Gato were weak they could also feel the deadly chakra around them.' Damn, all that fighting made me use a lot of my chakra. If I'm right than all of us besides Sakura has any chakra left in them' Sasuke thought angrily at the thought of being useless.
“Hey you, how could you just stand there while that guy...that guy who cared so much about you...is getting kicked around!” Naruto yelled angrily at Zabuza” Shut up kid, we shinobi's are just tools. If the blade is dull than it's useless so you might as well throw it away for it might just drag your down, that's what Haku is right now, a dull blade.”
“HOW COULD YOU THAT GUY REALLY CARED ABOUT YOU! HE DEVOTED HIS WHOLE LIFE TO YOU! ARE YOU REALLY THAT HEARTLESS, YOU REALLY DON'T FEEL A THING, HE WAS REALLY NOTHING TO YOU!” Naruto yelled in rage, Sasuke, in the meantime helped Sakura who wobbled a bit.
“You okay?” he asked catching her as she nearly fell forward” Fine, I've had in worse.” She mumbled sighing, the two watched as the scene infolded in front of them.
“Not...another...word.” Zabuza said quietly as tears ran down his eyes” Haku was too kind...to gentle...I'm glad my last fight had been with you boy. You're right you know, even if shinobi's are regarded as tools we are in the end still human and feel emotions.” Sakura smirked” Of course, no one can be devoid of feelings. If a person acts cold all they emit in anger and hatred, no one can fully extinguish emotions.”
“Heh, you're a smart girl. You have a lot of potential...now to deal with Gato...hey blondie, mind lending me a kunai?” Zabuza asked quietly, Naruto looked up at him and nodded” Sure.” He threw the kunai and Zabuza caught it in his mouth.
“Sasuke...please...take me to Haku.” Sakura mumbled as Zabuza went his way to fighting the horde of samurai's, he gave her a questioningly look but didn't ask as he helped her walk towards Haku.
“Haku-niisan...we really did meet again...except...it's not the way I imagined.” She said quietly sitting next to the limp boy, she brushed his bangs out of his eyes fondly” You always were like an older brother to me.” She whispered caringly, she looked up as Kakashi carried Zabuza over to them.
“We are together in the end...Haku...you have stayed by my side from the very beginning...you stayed by me despite my greed and in-human ways...but it is not time for you to die, you're still young...you must live...girl, can you heal him?” he asked without looking at Sakura” Yes...but what about you?”
“Heh, I'm at the end of my ropes...please...take care of him.” Zabuza murmured touching Haku's face, she nodded” Of course, I will always look after my Niisan.” He smirked” Yes, of course, you're that girl...I than trust Haku...in your care.” He said as he drew his final breath, Sakura didn't cry, she just closed her eyes and smiled.
-
AijinMegami: Hope you liked the chapter
I just wanted to add a little something, I'm going to use suffix next to the names from now on and also HAKU ISN'T THAT BOY SAKURA MET WHEN SHE WAS 10, OKAY!
REVIEW PLEASE!