Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Deception ❯ Death? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“SAKURA-CHAN!!!!! YOU'RE OKAY, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!” Naruto yelled, she sighed as Naruto who was about to tackle her but stopped as his sensei caught him” Yeah, I'm alive.....shit, Haku-niisan!!!” she said turning towards him, his breathing had labored and he was extremely pale.” Niisan, you're going to be okay!!!” she yelled kneeling in front of him, nearly falling on top of him if it wasn't from Sasuke holding her.
“Sakura.....there isn't anything you can do....he lost too much blood.” Sasuke said as unshed tears started to gather in the corner of her eyes” No.....I refuse to believe that.....I won't believe that......He will live.....I swear he'll live.” She whispered
`......what is this guy to Sakura.....she calls him her older brother but....he seems to be the only person she cares about.....is this the guy Sakura said she must see so she couldn't die yet?' Sasuke thought biting his lip unconsciously, Sakura closed her eyes and placed her hands on Haku's wound.
“Hey Kakashi-sensei......what's she doing?” Naruto asked as a soft hum emitted from the light around Sakura's hands. Her chakra was blue but it was darker than normal ones, not to mention it had a faint reddish color on it making it seem a mix of blue and red.” She's.....healing him.” Kakashi said wide eyed' I've never seen healing like this.....not only is she pouring her chakra into him so that he would heal faster but she's also using chakra like strings to mend broken tissues.....I knew her control was uncommon but that must have taken lots of practice......'
“Sakura, don't strain yourself.” Sasuke said quietly as he held her in her place as she started to nod off” No, I have to help Haku-niisan first.” She mumbled shaking her head; after the last wound was turned into a faint scar she smiled and collapsed against his arms.
`Now I'm sure of it, this girl isn't your ordinary average Gennin. She's too skilled not to mention her eyes tell a story, besides how did she know Haku?' Kakashi thought wearily as the strain of using the Sharingan and the Chidori took its toll on him. He collapsed as Naruto caught him, Sakura followed as Sasuke caught him. With no energy they could not take everyone to proper shelters and that is how Inari and the villagers found them.
-----------------------
`Where....am I?' Sakura thought as she blinked' that's right, HAKU-NIISAN' she thought sitting up quickly only to feel a wave of nausea, falling backwards onto the futon with a dead look in her face.” You know you shouldn't get up that fast.” She heard an amused deep voice say next to her. Turning her neck to the right she saw Sasuke leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.
“Oh.....it's just you.” She said with a sigh, he frowned but didn't comment.” So what happened to Haku-niisan?” he got off the wall without crossing his arms” He's in the next room, we really don't know what to do with him and the village apparently are very hostile towards him even if he didn't kill any of the villagers.”
“........is he awake?” she asked quietly looking away, he nodded” Yes, Kakashi's still out cold from lack of chakra and the dobe is snoozing away in the same room as him.” She looked at him, concern leaking into her bright emerald eyes” What about you, aren't you tired?” he blinked” Uh no....I'm fine, I already rested a bit.” She frowned as she slowly sat up” You should sleep a bit, I'm going to go talk to Niisan.” She said getting out of bed, before he could protest she pushed him on the warm bed she had previously been on.
“Wha-, you shouldn't get up.” He objected, she sighed” Don't make me do a body-bind-jutsu okay?” he stilled at her weary sigh” Fine.....”
“Good, it won't take that long anyways.” She whispered walking slowly out of the room and into the next room, the house seemed empty at the moment. Perhaps the villagers were celebrating their victory against Gato. She walked in without knocking and saw Haku sitting at a chair in front of a window holding onto a bloody hitai-ate of the Mist, she knew it belonged to Zabuza seeing as though his was destroyed from the fight against Sasuke and Naruto' Speaking of which, what was that chakra those two emitted....never mind, that's not important right now'
“Sakura-chan......it's been a while.” he whispered, her eyes widened” When did you figure that out?” he turned towards her with a solemn smile” I deduced it the moment I met you, I'm sure that pink hair isn't that common.” She closed her eyes, with a hand against her forehead and the other on her hip, as she leaned against the closed door” Yeah, even my parents don't have hair like this.”
“I'm sorry.....I nearly killed my little imouto.....” he said quietly, she opened her eyes” Don't worry.......I'm alive and that's all that matters.” He closed his eyes as if in thought and said” Sakura-chan.......why are you with Konoha......weren't you with that man from when we were younger, what happened to him?”
“He's.....away for the time being.” She whispered” I see......Sakura-chan, I am prepared to die for my sins.” He said without opening his eyes, her eyes widened” What the hell are you talking about, you're not going to die!!!” he smiled sadly at you” I can't live without Zabuza-sama.....he was the reason why I lived.”
”Bullshit baka, what about me?!” she snapped glaring at him” Am I nothing to you, am I so incompetent that you would so rather willingly leave me without a second thought?!” tears gathered at the corner of her eyes but she got of them quickly before he could notice' I must not show my emotions.....damn, I'm becoming too soft!!!!'
“Sakura-chan......this is hard on me as well.....but Zabuza-sama was everything to me.....” he said looking down at the bloody hitai-ate, suddenly Sakura ran towards him and buried her head on his lap” No.....No.....don't leave me, not you too.....I don't have anyone else besides my sensei (AN: Not Kakashi) and you.....please.....don't leave me, don't leave me alone in the world.....please....come with me to Konoha.....” he sighed” Sakura-chan.....even if I did accept I am still a criminal for all the things I did.”
“They won't kill you......they'd have to go through me.....please....don't' leave me alone as well......PLEASE!!!!” she begged sobbing into his lap, he affectionately stroked her hair as if to comfort her” Little imouto.......don't cry.....tears don't suit you.” He said with a smile lifting her chin up, brushing her tears away, and than hugging her.
“Haku-niisan......Zabuza-san didn't want you to die.....before he...passed away he wanted you to choose your own future....your own path.” She whispered.
“H-He said that?” Haku said eyes widening, she nodded against his shoulder' Zabuza-sama.....you are indeed kind deep down.....just as I figured.....the side of you that I loved the most' he thought as tears slid down his cheeks, outside snow gently began to fall down. As they hugged they missed the pair of Sharingan eyes watching jealously yet with an understanding that they didn't like each other that way.
LATER THAT DAY
“SAKUUUUUUURAAAAA-CHAAAAAN!!!!” Naruto yelled bursting into `her' room only to see Sasuke sitting up sleepily on the futon” Hey Sasuke-teme, what are you doing in Sakura-chan's bed.....unless, HOW COULD YOU BAKA, HOW COULD YOU-!!!!” before he could finish that statement Kakashi hit him with his book
”Don't jump to conclusions Naruto.....it could get you killed one day.” He said as Sasuke twitched with anger from the bed, obviously in a bad mood of being interrupted from his slumber. He had to admit that this was the best sleep in his life since the massacre' Maybe it's because the futon smelled like Saku-, WTF, Uchiha, stop thinking those stupid thoughts, you're going to become another Kakashi soon'
“Where's Sakura-chan?” Naruto whined” She's with Haku.” Sasuke said calmly” WHAT?!!!!” before Naruto could open the door it slammed open hitting him on the head” Oooohhh, flying ramen.” He said with swirls on his eyes, Sakura sweat dropped at shook her head.” Hello little hana, did you have a good sleep with Haku-niisan?” Kakashi asked with a huge smile, she gave him a dead-pan look” You're awfully cheerful sensei.” He just chuckled petting her” Because we accomplished a mission, that's supposed to be far greater for your skill, and we're in one piece.”
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN FAR GREATER, THIS MISSION WAS A PIECE OF CAKE!!!! I COULD DO IT AGAIN WITH MY EYES CLOSED!!!!!” Naruto yelled, Sasuke sighed” Dobe.” Naruto glared at him” STOP CALLING ME THAT TEME!!!!” Sasuke glared back” Than stop calling me Teme.” Naruto growled at him” FINE THAN!!!”
“That.....was the worst comeback in history.” Sakura said shaking her head” Don't worry Sakura-chan; this is just their strange way of showing affection to each other.” Kakashi said reading his book” True, true.” She said with a mushroom sigh.
“Now Sakura-chan, I'm sure this isn't what you really wanted to talk about.” Sakura narrowed her eyes at her laid back sensei, the two boys having a one-sided argument” How perceptive Kakashi-sensei, yes, you're right. What I wanted to speak to you about was Haku-niisan......if....if he were to go with us to Konoha will he....will he be executed?” Kakashi frowned” I'm not sure, his crimes were the death of innocent people but no matter how much he denies it I'm sure that if we hear from Naruto's story they'll say that he was being ordered by Zabuza to kill everyone.”
“Why is that?” Sakura asked confused” Wow, for the first time you're stumped.” Kakashi joked, she glared at him” Answer the question, baka-sensei.” He sweat dropped but nodded” Alright already, if the counsels get to know Haku while they choose their decision about what his punishment will be they'd probably think he's a sweet kind boy and really believe Naruto's story which is that Haku was devoted to Zabuza for saving his life which was by giving his life a purpose so he'd probably get off easy....don't be surprised seeing as though the villagers forgave him after Naruto explained after his little nap but don't let go of that breath yet, the Konoha council will punish him but it won't be that severe......besides I don't think Naruto would rest if they punish him harshly......not to mention Sasuke-kun wouldn't like to see his infatuation upset and would also do something.....which would be bad seeing as though the Uchiha Clan has a lot of things owed back to them for everything they did for Konoha.”
“.........” was Sakura's answer to his last statement about Sasuke, Naruto had quieted down noticing that Sasuke wasn't paying attention but rather listening to Sakura and Kakashi's conversation became very red” WHAT, SASUKE-TEME LIKES SAKURA-CHAN TOO?!!!” Sasuke turned slightly red” Dobe.” He retorted” DON'T CALL ME DOBE!!!!” Sakura sighed” Here we go again.” Kakashi just giggled at his little book making her groaned as blue fatigue lines appeared on her face showing her weariness.
NEXT DAY
After much coaxing from Sakura and Naruto Haku finally agreed to come with them, they had packed up their things and were on their way out of the village. Tazuna and the village were there to greet them” Niisan, it's a good thing you don't have your hitai-ate of the Mist anymore since we're going to Konoha.....wait, how'd you even get one in the first place?” he sweat dropped” I'm not sure, Zabuza-sama just came with one, one day.”
“I hope I made enough for lunch.” Tsunami said worriedly” Don't worry, you made enough.” Kakashi said reassuringly, Sasuke snorted” With the baka's stomach around nothing is enough.” Naruto glared at him” SHUT UP!!!!” Tazuna chuckled” Thanks to you the bridge is finally completed but it's a shame you have to leave so soon, it's going to be awfully dull without that brat's noise.” Naruto glared at him” Heeeeey!!!!”
“Hay's are for horses.” Sakura said absentmindedly as she resumed talking with a sweat dropping Haku, Naruto chuckled” Eheh, anyways we'll come visit you again old man!!!” Inari sniffled a bit” You better.” Sasuke sweat dropped as Naruto sniffled a bit too” I-Inari, its okay.....if you want to cry...don't let it get you down!!!” Inari shook his head” I'm not going to cry but Naruto-niisan, you can cry if you want!!!”
Turning around quickly he responded” Me, the future Hokage of Konoha, no way. See ya!!!” Sakura, Sasuke, and Haku sweat dropped as the two started crying, trying to hide it from one another while Kakashi just smiled.” Is he always like this?” Haku whispered to Sakura who shrugged” From what I've learned being with him so far.....yes.” Sasuke snorted” That dobe will never mature.” Fortunately for the rest of their ears Naruto didn't hear that.
Haku smiled as they entered the forest' Zabuza-sama.....it would seem that I'll finally get to live out my life......with the other person who cares about me.....it's a shame you can't be here with me' he thought sadly' But there is still hope for other shinobis like me......to no longer be called a tool but people with emotions.....and I have a feeling that it will be fulfilled through these three children' he thought remembering what Naruto vowed in front of Zabuza's grave.
“That's it; I've made up my mind. I'm going to create my own nindo, my own ninja path....my own destiny!!!!!!!
Haku smiled at Sakura who remained featureless but he could see her smiling in her eyes' I hope Sakura-chan.....that you will finally open up to these boys and let them see that beautiful smile of yours and I hope my Okaasan's crystal will keep you safe as it apparently has so far.' He said remembering how she tried to give it back just telling her once again to just pay him back with a treat when they get to Konoha.
-
 
REVIEW PLEASE!!!