Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Demons amoung the Akatsuki ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
 
“3, 2, 1, Go!” the other members shouted in unison. Kisame and the two girls jumped into the air, and dove in headfirst. A resounding `splash' echoed throughout the forest. The three competitors sunk down until they touched bottom. Kisame issued an evil grin at them. “You can only hold your breathe so long.” Keyoko ignored him and summoned two tiny swirling tornadoes. She separated her hands and sent the tornadoes around Akazaku and herself. The tornadoes flattened and formed a windy orb around the two of them. This was Keyoko's air shield. It takes in oxygen from the surroundings and releases CO² that's breathed out. So, now they could breathe as easily as Kisame.
Three hours passed before Kisame heaved an enormous sigh. “You know what, forget this. I'm bored, and it's apparent that the two of you could keep this up as long as I could. So let's call it quits and you two can move on the second task tomorrow.” Grinning widely, the two girls high-fived. Kisame kicked off against the ground, shooting upwards like a bullet. Once he broke the water's surface, he flew ten feet into the air before landing on his feet. Keyoko sent away the sir shield as the two of them followed suit. They too shot upwards and broke the surface. They felt a bit show-offy, so they each did an aerial flip before landing on their feet.
Akazaku glanced around to note that only Sasori and Deidara sat waiting. “Where's everyone else?” The two remaining members got to their feet. Deidara smiled brightly. “Congrats girls.” Sasori nodded. “Good job. But everyone else got tired of waiting and headed back. We volunteered to stay behind and wait for you, though.” Kisame grunted; he didn't like the fact that the task had been seen as entertainment by the others. “So, now we head back?” Deidara and Sasori nodded as they lead the way back; Kisame and both girls following obediently.
The hideout came into view a few minutes later. Once they had all entered, both Sasori and Deidara stood still eyeing Kisame like an unwanted visitor. Eyeing them strangely back, Kisame yawned. “I've had enough fun for one day. I'm gonna go finish my book.” Kisame walked away to leave the four of them alone.
Once he was out of earshot, Keyoko spoke up innocently. “I don't mean to be rude, but why are we just standing here?” Sasori reached out and ruffled her hair playfully. “You're so cute when you're confused. Actually, we were just waiting for Kisame to leave. We wanted to be alone with you girls.” Both girls grew red, but dared ask, “Why?” Deidara grinned widely as he slipped his arm around her shoulders. “To reward you girls for beating Kisame at his own game. We're gonna party.” Sasori nodded as the four of them made their way to the kitchen.
They entered shortly. Both boys ran ahead to dig through the pantry, leaving the girls to wonder what they had in mind. “What are we gonna do?” Akazaku inquired. Without turning around, Deidara replied, “We're gonna have a soda drinking contest.” A second later, the two of them turned around and walked over to the table; each holding a large container of clear soda and two large mugs. They set down the mugs and began distributing it evenly. “We just wanted to see who could chug the best of all of us,” Sasori remarked. “Yeah, and all the burping afterwards is always a riot,” Deidara added. The four of them then took a seat. Deidara then shouted, “3, 2, 1, go!”
The competitors grabbed their glasses and began chugging the soda. As the contest progressed, it appeared as though Akazaku was in the lead. But Keyoko soon caught up to her; Deidara not far behind either. Sasori however, was spilling his soda all over the floor purposely; due to the fact that he isn't able to drink.
A minute later, both girls slammed down their cups. “Done!” They shouted in unison as Deidara was just about to finish. Sasori stood up and wordlessly dumped the rest of his soda in the sink. He grabbed a towel and set to work cleaning up his mess. Deidara began to laugh. “Wow, you girls sure are fast. But we really don't get to do this kind of thing with anyone else, anyway.” Keyoko glanced down and noticed Sasori on his knees cleaning up a hug puddle of soda. “What are you doing, Sasori? Did we spill our soda? Sorry.” Sasori grew embarrassed as he raised his head. “No, this is my mess. I'm pretty messy, and chugging isn't my thing. Just let me handle this.” A second later, both girls let out massive burps. Deidara laughed as he issued one as well. Even Sasori began to laugh. As the burping became more prevalent, the four of them found themselves laughing loud enough for everyone else in the hideout to hear.