Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Demons amoung the Akatsuki ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
 
As the large group makes their way back, Deidara made sure to keep his distance from Keyoko. Contrary to this, Sasori took larger strides until he fell in step beside her. He was grinning with pride. “Wow, you really showed Deidara whose boss didn't you? I thought you'd only take out a wing, but the whole bird? That was pretty incredible.” Keyoko, however, didn't take the praise. She frowned slightly. “Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away. But you saw how he made his bird hit me and look like an accident. If it weren't for Aka, I could've died.” Sasori's grin faded slightly; he didn't think she'd refuse the compliment. “Yeah, I guess you've got a point there. I probably would've done the same in your position.”
The next few minutes were silent. Keyoko was taken quite off guard once Sasori spoke once more. “You seemed really fierce and angry all of the sudden once you got hit. Is that normal for you?” Keyoko flushed slightly; she hated it when people brought up her anger issues. She sighed heavily. “Well, kinda. I've always had this hidden anger that flares up every now and then.” “Like a demon's anger, huh?” Sasori added. Keyoko's eyes widened. “What?” Sasori then shook his head. “Nothing.” Keyoko gulped quietly in anxiety. `He doesn't suspect anything, does he? I've got to be more careful.'
A short ways behind them walked Deidara and Akazaku, side-by-side. Deidara was smiling brightly at his companion. “Thanks a ton for saving me back there. I must've dropped my backpack when I took off, so I probably would've died form that fall. I really owe ya one.” Akazaku issued a lazy hand wave. “Aw, it was nothing. You'd have done the same for me, I'm sure.” Deidara nodded. “Yeah, unlike that Keyoko. Man, she sure can get nasty in an instant.” Akazaku frowned. “Aw, give her a break. She's always had anger issues ever since she killed her abusive father.” Deidara frowned. “Hmm, I guess that makes sense. I shouldn't have said anything. But you know I totally didn't hit her on purpose, right?” Akazaku nodded. “Don't worry; I know you didn't mean any harm.”
The two of them remained silent for a moment before Deidara broke the silence one more. “So, what exactly is this bloodline of yours? I've never heard of it. But then again, I've never really known much about the Sound village nin anyway.” Akazaku frowned. “I thought I already told you all about it.” Deidara waved his hands quickly in defense. “Sorry, sorry; if talking about it upsets you then don't. I was merely curious.” He paused momentarily. “Demon eyes are just something one doesn't see every day.” Though his tone was low, Akazaku heard it crystal clear. Her frown deepened. “It is neither wise nor kind to jump to conclusions.” This kept Deidara quiet for the rest of the way.
Several minutes later, the group finally reached the hideout. Most of the members filed in like normal, but Kyra and Kisame lagged behind. Curious, Sasori, Keyoko, Deidara, and Akazaku stayed behind as well. Kyra was already heading off towards another path. “Hey you four, Kisame and I are heading down to the river to fish. Come along if you like!” She grabbed Kisame's hand and began pulling him away; causing the shark man to turn crimson. “Thanks, maybe we will!” Deidara called back cheerfully. However, Akazaku was giving him an angry glare. “Yes, after you and me have a talk. Let's go for stroll so we can be alone. Bye Keyo.” Akazaku waved quickly to her `sister' before leading Deidara away. Keyoko then turned to Sasori. “That sounds like a good idea. Let's go for a walk too.” She grabbed him by the hand and led him off on a path in the opposite direction that the others had gone.
Minutes later, the two of them reached the forest once more. The whole way was in silence; agitating Keyoko with each step. She just had to break the silence; now. They had gotten a bit further into the forest when she finally turned to Sasori. “Alright, we need to talk. Why did you bring up demons earlier? I'm not a demon, you know.” Sasori gave a small smile. “Come on, you can't hide it from me any better than you can hide that cute little fang or yours.” Keyoko turned red immediately as her hand shot up to cover her mouth. `Damn my elongated fang. Hachimata, you're making this harder on me!' She sighed heavily, but decided to still play dumb. “I don't know what you mean. I'm not hiding anything.” Sasori chuckled again, but put on a look of mock hurt. “You offend me. You really can't tell your lover your deepest, darkest secret that I'm pretty sure only I have figured out?”
He stepped closer and closer until she was against a tree and inches away from his face. His eyes softened as he raised a hand to her cheek. “Keyoko, don't you trust me?” Keyoko's eyes slowly began to water. “I-I'm so sorry. It's just… I'm scared.” Sasori's hand rose higher to stroke her head gently. His eyes never left hers alone. “I love you, Keyoko. And if you don't care that I'm a puppet without strings, then I don't care that you're the host of the demon Hachimata. I will always protect you, even if it costs me my life.” Keyoko raised a hand to his face, stroking his cheek slowly. “You don't feel like a puppet to me.”
She then closed her eyes as Sasori leaned forward. Their lips met slowly, but this time they each wanted a taste of the others' tongue. Each tongue slithered past the other in desperation to explore every inch of the other's mouth. Keyoko felt her body grow heavy with Sasori's weight, so she slowly began to slide down against the tree. Once she was in a sort-of sitting position, she could feel Sasori positioning himself over her. As they continued making out, Keyoko unconsciously reached for his robe zipper. The zipper screeched as her hand shot downwards. But, upon seeing his strange wooden chest, she broke off the kissing. Sasori frowned, but didn't need to ask when he looked down at his exposed chest. He got off of her and began zipping his robe back up. Keyoko remained sitting, her face full of regret. “I'm sorry, we can't do this.” Sasori nodded; he was deeply hurt. “No, it's my fault. I shouldn't do this to you. If we can't take this any further, we may as well stop.”
Keyoko stood up, shaking her head. “No, don't blame yourself. Love doesn't have to be complicated. Let's go hand with Kyra and Kisame. That'll make you feel better.” Sasori nodded and the two of them headed for a short cut that would take them to the river without having to backtrack.
(At about the same time this happened…)
Deidara and Akazaku reached the west side of the forest at the same time Sasori and Keyoko had. Strangely, the forest was quiet, as though it could sense the importance of the dialogue that was about to follow. It gave Deidara an eerie feeling, but Akazaku was still angry and took no notice. They walked further into the forest before she stopped; not even turning to him. “So, you think I'm a demon, huh?” Deidara sighed; he knew this was coming. He stepped towards her and placed a comforting hand upon her shoulder; surprised that she didn't shrug it off. “You wanna hear the truth?” Akazaku's eyes began to water, but she still refused to face him. “What? What you believe to be true?” Deidara placed his other hand on her other shoulder and turned her around to face him.
His face remained stoic, though it pained him to see her cry. “Why don't you trust me? I can't imagine anyone else has figured it out, too.” Akazaku looked away. “It's so hard. I couldn't stand being alone. I wonder if it was wise to listen to Keyo in the first place about joining you all. I don't want to die.” Deidara's face softened, stroking her face to comfort her. “You won't die, I promise.” He was surprised to see her so broken up in such a short amount of time. “You know I love you, and I know you love me. I'm a freak with two extra mouths and one less eye, and it never once bothered you. So guess what, it doesn't bother me in the least that you're Suzaku's host. I won't let the others get you; I promise on my life.”
She was speechless as he slowly leaned towards her. Their lips connected warmly and slowly. Akazaku felt her arms move, is if on their own, to wrap around Deidara's neck. She pulled him forward as he deepened the kiss. As she felt the warm rush between them, she felt the need to explore Deidara's mouth further. Deidara responded by moving his tongue aside allow her access. But soon, his slipped past hers for her mouth. Soon, the two of them felt that standing was becoming too troublesome. So, Akazaku took the lead and pushed him to the ground. She leapt on top of him and continued the momentarily broken make-out session. Before she knew it, she could feel Deidara reaching for her tank top. She stopped kissing him and pulled back. “I'm sorry, but I don't think we should go too far. At least not now.” Deidara frowned, but nodded. “Fine, I'm willing to wait.” He rose to his feet, Akazaku doing likewise. “Let's go have some fun with Kyra and Kisame now.” Deidara suggested. Akazaku nodded. “Yeah, I can hear them laughing form here.” And so, the two of them, being closer to the river, began making their way toward the splashing and laughter sounds. Both of them knowing they'd all have a blast together, one way or another.