Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Summoner ❯ Firewood ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
If I have at least one fan in this world, I will keep writing this story. Thank you to all the people who have reviewed this story. Now……..let’s get on with the fic!

Unofficial Editor: Ok, I’m changing all the A/Ns to E/Ns, since I’m the only one of the two of us who actually has way too much spare time to do that. Teehee … :D
E/N: Editor’s note (Friend of Star_Ocean‘s girl)
A/N: Author’s note (Star_Ocean)

Disclaimers: I don’t know Naruto because VIZ is an evil.
__________________
Chapter 2
Firewood
The Hokage watched Midori toss and turn in her bed through his crystal ball (E/N: Can you imagine what OTHER things he sees while watching people do other things other than sleeping in bed? -shot, maimed, drowned, and all that other fun stuff -) he had on his desk. She looked peaceful, and relaxed.
“You’re such a sweet girl.” The Hokage said watching her, “Your father and former sensei would be proud of your skills you have developed. Your mother would be proud of your beauty you have acquired through the years. You really are turning into her.”
Sandaime pulled at a drawer in his desk, and pulled out a buried photo that had been forgotten until now. A little girl with brown hair in pigtails was being lifted off the ground by four of her sisters while the fifth stood off to the side. A woman with silver hair stuck her tongue out at the camera as she tried to get her arms around all her daughters. (E/N: Geez. Someone had fun with childbirth)
He pulled a second photo from the another drawer that contained himself, Kakashi and a another man with black wild hair, dark as night eyes all smiling at the camera during a late party. They all looked drunk as hell and they were all holding at least one bottle of Sake each. (God knows how they managed to deal with that the next morning).
“Lenne, Kihoshi.” He smiled at the pictures than at the orb of the child sleeping “I hope you are protecting her from where ever you are, because Kakashi and I are protecting her here, too.”
_________________
Midori sat at the meeting place that morning, at the bridge where Kakashi had told them to meet. She had her back up against one of the poles of the bridge, and was drawing to her heart’s delight (E/N: Ash, are you trying to make a ninja clone of me or something? A/N: No. I just couldn’t think of anything else for her to do ). She wasn’t very good, but she was getting better with time (E/N: ok, never mind, I guess I can live with that).
She looked up and saw Naruto coming towards her. She shut the sketch book, and put away the pencil in her vest.
“Hi Naruto.” Midori greeted him as he sat down next to her.
“How can you get up this early?” Naruto asked her trying his best not to yawn. He looked as though he was ready to fall back asleep (E/N: -sniff- I want his Pjs -or at least the hat- A/N: Dude, you have plushie of him in his Pjs. I get the hat.).
“I just can.” That, and the fact that I'm a freaking insomniac. Midori smiled at the sleepy boy “You should get some sleep.”
“But Kakashi-sensei will come soon.” Naruto said yawning
“Then I’ll wake you up when I see him.” Midori said “I doubt he’ll be here any time soon.” Yeah, this is nearly three hours later we’re talking about.
“But Midori--”
“Sleep damn it.” Midori said hitting on the back of his head “Naruto are really should get some--Naruto? Naruto?”
Naruto was asleep and drooling like a baby on Midori’s shoulder before she realized it. She hastily tried getting rid of the saliva on her clothes but failed miserably. Ewwwww…. Well , it is kind of cute… errr… sort of… well not really…thank kami I have my vest… (E/N: Oh just get ON with it already!)
Midori looked away and stared into the empty space around her. Her thoughts drifted from the number of hours it would take for Kakashi would get here, to why in the world she brought her sketch book with her, to wondering how much charka she had left in her system. ‘Damn you Sasuke.’ she thought smiling at Naruto on her shoulder ‘ If I didn’t have to use my special jutsu on you, I would have had Naruto off of me by now before you even get here. Next thing you know, you’ll be here with Sakura drooling all over you.’
Her train of thought was broken when she heard a long whine for Sasuke brake the silence.
“OHAYO SASUKE-KUN!!!” Midori turned her head to see her other two team mates coming towards her. “Speak of the devil.” I’m going to be annoyed out of my mind by Sakura today, Aren’t I? At least Sasuke will be annoyed too. Teeeheee…
Sasuke and Sakura stood in front of her as they noticed the sleeping Naruto who still drooling on Midori‘s shoulder.
“A little help, please?” Midori asked her team mates as she pointed at Naruto
“Stupid dobe…” Sasuke said leaning back on the rail, totally blowing off her request. Apparently, he noticed that her condition was as close to paralyzed as it could possibly get. If that meant that she was going to be physically easier to make fun of her (E/N: Holy shiznits that just sounded WRONG) then it was fine by him.
Sakura was temped to help her, after all, Naruto was drooling on her. ’But Sasuke-kun wouldn’t like me if I helped her…’ (E/N: Oh for crying out loud. A/N: You know that‘s what she‘s thinking.)
“Do I have to ask again?” Midori asked pushing Naruto away a bit
“You seem to be stronger than any three of us, do it your self.” Sasuke shot at her. Not bothering to hide the fact that he was seriously ticked off at her. (E/N: Yeeesh... I'm make Sasuke sound like such a mean mofo in this story. A/N: Which was not what I was going for when I wrote this. Sasuke: "Not to mention horribly OOC." E/N: Don't make me whack you with a stick again... DUCK-BUTT. Sasuke: "-the fuck is Duck-butt?" E/N: Well your hair does look like one... A/N: Lets save that for another chapter, shall we….and stop mocking Sasuke, Cheryl!)Midori glared angrily at him, as she thought up something to say. If she wanted him off of her, she need to sacrifice something to Sasuke. As much as she would really hate to do that… Stupid, arrogant, stuck up, bastard…
I HATE negotiating.
“If you get him off of me, you and I will have a rematch. Just the two of us. Then we’ll see who’s stronger.” Midori glared at him. “That is what you want isn’t it?”
Sasuke, not one to refuse a challenge, bent down and brought Naruto off Midori. He leaned him against one of the poles on the bridge.
Midori got up and quickly washed the drool of Naruto off of her in the small stream below them. She put her vest back on when she thought was all off.(E/N: Which it most likely isn't. My suggestion: go the dry cleaner's)
Midori suddenly jumped to her left and landed on the railing of the bridge, looking at Sasuke. She had seen that there was four kunai right where she was sitting. ‘That selfish bastard.’ Midori thought looking at him ‘He just couldn’t wait could he? Well, at least I can move a little bit more now…’
“Sasuke-kun……” Sakura looked at him “What did you that for? You could have hurt her.”
“She promised me battle.” Sasuke replied as he ran up and tried to slash her with the kunai at hand. Midori jumped backwards and landed on the other rail. Sasuke jumped on the bridge and tried it again, but she just jumped back again as she reached for her own kunai as she landed in the water.
Her kunai made a metal clank sound as it was hit with Sasuke’s. She kicked up the water into Sasuke’s open eyes, punched him the stomach and jumped back to the railing with the kunai in her mouth.
If it’s a battle you want Sasuke she thought as he came at her again Then I’m not holding back
5 minutes later, after a heavy amount of Taijutsu (mostly from Sasuke, since Midori is a little movement impaired and lacked chakra) from the two of them and a few Ninjutsu that was blowing up the surrounding trees here and there…..
Midori grabbed both of Sasuke’s arms, and pulled it behind his back. She was literally sitting on his back as her back two legs took his legs. (E/N: If you got perverted thoughts from reading that, then you're sick. Naruto/Author: "You have absolutely NO RIGHT to talk.") She grabbed his hair and pulled him back to her, making him arch his back to her. (E/N: Again, no dirty thoughts please. A/N: She’s thinking it -points to editor- Naruto: "And I still stand by my statement of you having NO RIGHT to talk.")
Sasuke clenched his teeth as a small cry of pain came from him. He couldn’t believe she was going to win.. AGAIN.
This was just too, fucking unrighteous.
“I win.” She whispered in his ear. She let him go as he collapsed on to the dirt road. He was sore in 30 places, including some place below the belt (E/N: Does he even wear one? A/N: Not the point ). He had learned something from her, she doesn’t hold back a little bit when she battles. She battles to winm and at all costs, if needed.
“Go.” Midori said walking past Sakura, “He needs some support. Way more than I do.” Although I do think I have to thank him later. Thanks to that little warm-up, I feel more mobile again. Still sore as hell though..Midori sat down where she was before, next to Naruto. Naruto was still sound asleep, not even twitching at the sound Sasuke and Midori had been making. She shook her head in disbelife that he could sleep to soundly.
Midori was sore in her own 30 places, randomly scattered threw out her body. The most that hurt was her spine, due to when Sasuke had kicked her in the back when he blinded her with the water.
‘Damn, that really hurts.’ Midori thought closing her eyes. She listened as Sakura worried about Sasuke and tried to make him feel better.
"Oh, Sasuke-kun, your so hurt. You should take it easy." Sakura said as she helped Sasuke to his feet
‘He asked for it.’ Midori thought ‘He wanted me to battle him. Why the hell do I feel so bad about beating him? I mean, he wanted to see who was stronger, and I showed him. Why do I feel bad?! THAT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!!’
Midori was about to get some sleep, when Naruto opened his eyes to see Midori next him.
“Midori-chan!” Naruto moved closer to her looking at what was exposed skin. She had a couple bruises on her arm, from where she had taken the most hits from Sasuke. Her face looked a little red and she was looking quite pissed about SOMETHING. “How did you get this?”
“I took on Sasuke. I won too.” Midori said smiling at him “I’m fine Naruto. Don‘t worry, I asked him to battle me.”
‘That bastard.’ Naruto thought ‘He just couldn’t get over the defeat from yesterday could he?’
“You mind if you watch for Kakashi?” Midori asked him “I want to get some sleep.”
“Ok.” Nauto nodded. She almost immediately fell asleep against the rail.
Nauto glazed angrily at Sasuke behind him. Why couldn’t Sasuke get off of him be beaten by Midori?!
3 hours later………
“Good Morning!” Kakashi said as he walked into his team. He was always so happy about being late and ticking off his students.
“YOUR LATE!” Sakura shouted
“Well, there was this shoe..”
“LIAR!” Sakura shouted
"Yo...Midori-chan." Kakashi looked over and saw Midori was still sound asleep, Naruto was elbowing her to wake up. Midori cracked her eyes open to see her uncle finally being here. She sat straight up and shook herself awake.
Sasuke sat across from her with Sakura next to him a little too close for anyone’s comfort, glaring at the awoken girl. He didn’t like to lose….and not twice to the same girl. A GIRL.(E/N: Awww... Sasuke you're such a meanie. Sasuke: "Then stop making me act like a sexist shithead if you don't like it."). He was going to beat her in battle one of these days, after all she was a pathetic girl no better than Sakura (A/N: How in the name of all that is pure could he still think that!?! E/N: Cuz he's a sexist shithead? Sasuke: "STOP MAKING FUN OF ME DAMN IT!!!" E/N: But... it's. Just so EASY to ;.; A/N: Knock it off, BOTH of you.)
“Some one has to learn to get up in the morning.” Kakashi commented
“And someone has to learn to get here on time.” Midori shot back once she had her sense with her. “If that certain someone got here on time, I wouldn’t be asleep.”
Kakashi pulled out a slip of paper and sighed. “Come on, we have a long list of missions we got to do.”
The team got to they’re feet and looked over Kakashi’s shoulder at the slip of paper. It held the most pathetic D-class missions the world has seen.
“Don’t tell me we have to do THAT.” Midori looked at her uncle
“Whether any of you like it or not, we have to do this. Or would you rather I make you help the medic-nins pick out toe-fungus?” (E/N: Sorry, it was the only thing I can think of on short notice. It was either that, or help the vets neuter some poor, unfortunate animals.)
So we watch your genins for the next 4 hours of they’re lives chase cats, walk dogs, escort a man the city, help run a over crowed book store, pull weeds from a garden, watch three annoying children for an hour (that deserved an A rank), and restock a library. They were half way done with all the missions they were given, and it was about noon too.
This time they were helping at a restaurant during it’s busy hour from the crowed that came from the book store.
Sasuke and Naruto were assigned to chop wood in the back while Sakura and Midori took it inside to keep the many fires they had going.
I trained to be a ninja and fight for this village Midori thought as she brought more wood in but I feel like Konoha’s servant girl!
Midori threw the wood into a going out fire, and walked out of the restaurant before the smell got to her. The scent of smoke always made her slightly nauseous (E/N: Amen to that). It was about lunch time and Midori hadn’t eaten since early that morning. Her stomach rumbled, but she blew it off and kept working. She walked to the back of the resaurant and stopped at the door frame. Midori sighed as she watched the boys chop wood. She walked to the corner of the yard and sat near the fence with her back to the building. Sasuke and Naruto were at mindless competition with each other on who had more will to chop more wood. That made Sakura and Midori keep rushing back and forth for the fires. Torture from Sasuke in the most indirect way.
Sakura took a seat next to her as the boys suddenly realized that there was no more wood to be cut and searched high and low find some.
"You'd think that our military forces would suck," Midori watched as Naruto lost his balance and fell off the fence "When all our male Shinobi are so incredibility stupid."
"Not all of the male shinobi are like Naruto-baka." Sakura said as Midori turned her head to her "Some are really intellagent, like Sasuke-kun."
Midori rolled her eyes and shifted her gaze at Sasuke, who was also searching for wood, and was currenly in a wresling match for a log. "You sure about that?"
"Of course I am!" Sakura shouted back without a second thought
"You better hope Kakashi-sensei gets here soon." Midori said resting her head on her palm of her hand.
“Where is Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked as she turned to Midori
“I have no clue, but he should be here sooner or later.” Midori said to her. Midori smiled as she watched Sasuke scramble around the place.
“Midori, doesn‘t the food inside smell good?” Sakura asked her as she turned around and looked into the kitchen window above their heads.
Midori nodded as she sniffed the air. “It does, are you hungry Sakura?”
“No. I’m on a special diet.” Sakura respond gloomily. Just then Sakura’s stomach made a loud rumbling sound
“That doesn’t mean your not hungry like the rest of us. I mean, you skinny enough. What’s with the diet?” Midori scanned Sakura’s body. Sakura was at a fine weight, she didn’t see the point. Besides, there wasn't any need to look like you're anorexic.
“Well, it’s not really for myself…….it’s more for this one person…” Sakura blushed at the thought (E/N: Like it wasn't obvious enough.)
Sasuke Midori thought My god, what does she see in him? I mean the attitude has to throw her off somewhere.
“I get it.” Midori said trying to change the subject “I would still like to know where Kakashi went.”
Midori turned her head to see Kakashi staring her straight in the face. “Talking about me?”
"HOLY SHIT!!!" She screeched, almost falling over. God, that scared the hell out of me. He REALLY needs to stop doing that...
“Only if you forgot to bring us lunch.” Midori said, trying to regain her much-lost composure.
“Then I feel so unloved.” Kakashi showed her a large stack of bento boxes.
Midori in a second swiped it out of his hands and pulled one out for herself. She gave one to Sakura and Kakashi took his.
“Will you give the last two to Sasuke and Naruto, Midori?” Kakashi asked, and Midori glared at him, she knew he was smiling undernethe that mask.
If he was paying any attention to the four of them all day, he would know that Midori can’t stand Sasuke. They had been throwing books, weeds, and anything at arm's reach at each other.
“Must I?” Midori asked dryly “You have legs.”
“Yes.” Kakashi said “But I am lazy.”
"Sakura, can you do it?" Midori asked Sakura was once again sitting next to Midori
"I asked you to do it, Midori." Kakashi butted in
“Fine, I‘ll do it.” Midori put down her own box and picked up the remaining two. She got up and walked over to the still scrambling boys.
“Naruto, Sasuke, food.” Midori said as if she addressing a pair of dogs instead of humans.
Naruto responded to her in a way that was only fitting, byy sniffed the air and came running to Midori in a heart beat. She handed him a box, while she noticed Sasuke stood off to the side.
She walked over to him, against every nerve in her body that told her other wise. “You going to eat? I fairly certain you haven’t eaten for at least six hours.”
He scanned the box she had offered to him and questioned it with his glare.
“It’s not poisoned, it came form Kakashi-sensei.” Midori explained before he could say anything. “Take it.”
Sasuke finally noticed how everyone was eating, and Kakashi was with them. He finally took the box from her. “Thank you.” he answered rather cynically.
“No problem.” Midori walked away as Sasuke sat down with his lunch.
Sasuke looked to his left and noticed a man inside the restaurant was getting very loud and very angry. He watched as the man picked up a piece of wood from beside the fire, lit the top on fire, and chucked it at someone else. He missed, and it was heading for the window Midori was about to step in front of.
Sasuke’s impulses kicked in and he tackled Midori from behind before she reached the window.
“What the---” Midori said as she hit the dirt. She fell silent as she watched from under Sasuke as the flaming wood flew over her and Sasuke’s body protected her from the shards of glass. “You….” she whispered as she looked into his eyes with the shock that filled her. (A/N: What is it with me a flying wood? E/N: WhOOO!!! Flying twigs of Satan!!!)
“Midori-chan!” Naruto and Sakura rushed to her. Kakashi hung back with Come Come Paradise and watched. He knew she alright, he was just happy that Sasuke cared enough about her to save her, besides, he just got to chapter 15.
saved me’ Midori tried to grasp that thought. Shock paralyzed every muscle in her body. ‘That pain in the ass saved me…What the FUCK just happened?’
Sasuke quickly got off of her and Midori sat up. ‘Why the hell did I do that for?’ Sasuke thought ‘'I just laid my ass down for a female... This. Friggin. FEMALE...of all the girls….it HAD to be this one….'
OMG SASUKE-KUN IS SO COOL!!!
The inner Sakura hollered as she stared ackwardly at Sasuke she shifted her gaze to Midori for a spilt second. But, Midori……what the hell did she just pull?!? I can’t believe she just LET that happen to her….wait….is she…….BLUSHING?!!? OH THAT PIG WILL PAY.
“Midori, are you alright?” Sakura asked “You look a little shook up.” Not that I care you liar.
I just had Sasuke tackle me while I watched a flaming twig fly over me. It’s just shock of it all.
“I’m fine really.” Midori touched her face and realized she was blushing. Shoot me now. I am not blushing. I am not blushing. I. Will. Not. Show. Such. Emotion.
“You don’t look it!” Naruto helped the shocked Midori to her feet. Her blush disappeared and she looked away.
“He’s right.” Sasuke commented. Midori turned away and blushed again, only to get rid of it with every once of power she had, as the people around them fell silent. In a normal universe Sasuke would never agree with Naruto. The shock of it all was trying really hard to sink in with all of them. Everyone pretty muched looked like O.O.
“Not that I care how you feel.” Sasuke added in
Midori looked back at him and walked over to Sasuke, rubbing her right arm out of old habit. “Umm….thank you………… for saving me.” Midori's stomach rummbled from hunger as she looked away.
“Get some food Midori.” Sasuke turned around to get back to his food as he brushed the glass off of him “I didn’t save so you can starve to death.”
Midori suddenly felt Sakura and Naruto pull the still in shock Midori back to her food.
_________________________________________________________________ ________________
Author Note:
Apparently I have the major problem with me a flying wood and fire. Pyromania people!!!!

E/N: Sorry for all you Sasuke fans out there. I seriously didn't mean to make him sound TOO much like a heartless bastard ^^ -is still bricked anyway-

My friend WAS NOT suppose to make Sasuke so OOC. My god, what did you do Cheryl? -sigh- I couldn’t fix most of it, mainly because I wasn’t any better.

Reveiw please!
See you guys next time!!
~~~Star_Ocean28