Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Team 7 1/2 is born ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members. We don't own or mean to offend the Amish. We also didn't invent the triangle or any proofs related to it and we did not invent light sabers or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Whew, this disclaimer is going to be a page long by the completion of this story.
 
Summary: “Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?” pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!
 
Italics denotes mental thoughts
 
Authors' note: Just a reminder from a previous Author's Note which we will also post on every chapter from now on, we are changing the ages of the characters for the sake of this story. Yes we know that it doesn't follow the ages of the characters of the show/manga. We are making Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the characters that are all their age, 16 years old at the beginning of this story and around the time of the first series. Kakashi is 19 years old, the youngest of the jounin, and he is still an ex-ANBU. Basically everything starts off around the second season of the show. The only thing that is different is all of their ages. Now, on with the story.
 
~In the last chapter~
 
“And who are these three young ladies, Kakashi?” the Third inquired.
 
Before he was able to respond, Laura jumped in. “I'm Laura, this is Vivian, and Bibi,” while she motioned who was who.
 
“So, what is it that brings you to our village?”
 
“You see, one of them woke up with me.”
 
“Well, is it an odd thing for you to have a girl wake up with you, Kakashi?”
 
 
Chapter 5
 
“No, I mean yes, but,” stammered Kakashi, “but…...they have the forehead protectors of Konoha and odd technology. I've also never seen them before.”
 
“Hmmm…let me see this foreign technology.”
 
“But it's my phone… well here, if you really want to see it.” Laura said in a slightly resigned tone, handing it over to the elderly man
 
Hokage-sama took the device and pressed the buttons on the side.

His hand jerked when it started to vibrate and play the Star Wars theme song and the girls started to hum along with it.
 
“I wish the world of Naruto had light sabers.” Vivian exclaimed, again staring off into space in a dreamy sort of manner.
 
“But it would be unfair to opponents.” said Bibi logically.
 
“Light sabers?” Hokage-sama said with a raised eyebrow and questioning glance.
 
The three girls sweat dropped and said, “Never mind.”
 
“Back to the matter at hand, I know partially how you came here. I saw it through the cracks in my back-up crystal looking glass. I don't know the details of how you arrived or why, but I assume there is a reason in the grand scheme of things for you three to have traveled between parallels to get here and it might have something to do with my missing looking glass. I do hate having to use this sorry excuse for one. It would probably be in our best interests and safety for all of us if none of your backgrounds are mentioned outside this room. That includes your team, Kakashi.”
 
Kakashi nodded his head in silent understanding.
 
Hokage-sama continued saying “You three are from the outskirts of Konoha, which is the reason you haven't been seen before by many.”
 
“But we come from a planet called Earth,” said Laura.
 
It was Hokage-sama's turn to sweat drop and explain “This is your cover story, not your real history.”
 
“Oh, blond moment, sorry.” Laura said, her face flushing a bright red.
 
“I have a question if I may, Hokage-sama,” inquired Bibi, making sure to use the correct honorific.
 
“Go ahead.”
 
“How will this mess up the future that we know of this world?”
 
“Yeah, like *cough, cough, cough*” Vivian attempted to ask. Bibi patted her on the back in an attempt to relieve her of the discomfort.
 
“I know!” Laura attempted to write something, but every pen she tried was out of ink and every pencil she attempted to use broke.
 
“When all else fails, result to sign language,” Bibi tried to sign, but found her hands to be numb and unusable.
 
“It seems that you are unable to reveal any parts of the future of Konoha as you know it,” summated Hokage-sama.
 
“It could be dangerous and possibly alter the flow and ebb of time and other variables,” he continued.
 
“Or, it's like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Revealing the future as we know it, might just cause a freak wormhole to open. Our conversation might just then proceed to drift through it, and while some guys in bejeweled, battle shorts are trying to discuss the terms of a peace treaty on some foreign planet hear it and think the other one said it, and their countries could go to war because the phrase in their dialect meant something about the other one's mother. It could be disastrous!” All that was spoken was done so without a single breath.
 
Everyone paused to look at her. Vivian and Bibi tried to contain their laughter that was rising in their throats. As Laura scanned through the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book that she had stored in her backpack for the exact lines, they did indeed burst out in laughter, laughter that echoed down the wood floors.
 
When she couldn't find it, she slammed the book shut, stuffed it carelessly into her backpack, looking around rather frustrated. She huffed as she slung the backpack back onto her shoulders.
 
Hokage-sama and Kakashi shared the same perplexed look across their faces. Sandaime nodded, smiled, and then resumed his train of thought.
 
“Now that everything is settled, Kakashi, call in your team.”
 
Kakashi nodded in acknowledgment and walked out the doors once more. He came back in followed by the members of team 7.
 
“Hello Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. Meet your new teammates.”
 
“Nani?” yelled Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi surprisingly enough.
 
“That's right, these three will be training with you, going on missions with you, and basically now part of team 7.”
 
“Hey, we could be team 7 1/2” remarks Vivian.
 
Everyone in the room looked at her as she turned a few undiscovered colors of pink and red, but everyone's attention diverted towards the paper doors as they flew open to reveal a square rock.
 
Naruto knew it was none other than Konohamaru under the poor disguise.
 
“The rock” proceeded to chase Naruto in circles around the bewildered group. Finally, Naruto skidded to a halt and pointed to the obvious box saying “That is the worst rock I've ever seen. A rock is not a rectangle!”
 
With a poof, Konohamaru appeared and said “Aww Nii-san, you're too good at this. I will fool you next time, just you wait and see.”
 
He looked up at the girls standing around. “Ano… Naruto-no-nii-san, are they all your...” he held up his pinky, symbolizing girlfriend.
 
The girls in turn then glared at him, realizing the message that Konohamaru implied.
 
Remembering the beating Sakura gave him the last time Konohamaru asked the same question, he quickly responded with an emphatic “No.”
 
“Oh well, later nii-san,” the little boy responded as he walked out the door as if nothing had happened.
 
Hokage-sama let out a sigh and said, “Better you than me Naruto.”
 
He then turned back to Kakashi and asked, “Do you think you can handle them?”
 
“Hmp, no problem, what's another couple of girls? As long as they aren't like Naruto.”
 
After Kakashi said this, he received death glares from everyone in the room but Sasuke considering that Sasuke was the only one not offended by Kakashi's remarks.
 
“You are all dismissed, but one more thing Kakashi.” Hokage-sama said.
 
He waited until the newly enlarged team 7 was out the door and making their way towards the exit of the building before he continued.
 
“There is a reason they are here, and I want you to treat them no differently from the rest of your team, but I do want you to test their genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu and also test them in the elements.” Hokage-sama directed.
 
“The elements?” questioned Kakashi, unsure if such measures were needed. “They couldn't possibly have that much power.”
 
“Never doubt the unknown. We need to have all our bases covered and know what we are dealing with. You should know that from experience Kakashi.”
 
“Hai. I understand. They really are a mystery, aren't they?”
 
“Yes they are, but that is also why I left them in your care. They must be of extreme importance if they were pulled between parallels. Don't let them out of your sight and don't let them get killed either, but push them enough so you see their potential. From the looks of it, they should also work well as a team.” He said as he smiled.
 
“Maybe they will be an example of teamwork for the original team 7 members.” He said and smirked, one only noticeable through the shadows of his mask.
 
“If that's all, I'll begin their training tomorrow.”
 
“Go ahead Kakashi. I have paperwork to attend to.”
 
With that said, he bowed to the Third and left. As he was closing the door, Hokage-sama quietly said, “Good luck, with those six, you'll need it.”
 
He didn't think Kakashi could have heard him, but he had and smiled at the response from Hokage-sama as he walked down the hallway and out the doors to meet up with the cluster of his team that were waiting for him.
 
“What did Hokage-sama tell you just now, Sensei?” asked Sakura.
 
“Oh, just to keep up the good work,” replied Kakashi. He put his hands in his pockets and led his little lambs down the road.
 
“Hey look, there's a squirrel,” Naruto said while pointing to a nearby squirrel perched on a branch chewing on an acorn. He then proceeded to make grotesque, unusual faces, to scare the creature.
 
“Squirrels are suicidal creatures.” deadpanned Bibi.
 
“Don't you think that's a little harsh?” asked Sakura.
 
“They like throw themselves in front of cars and other vehicles of transportation.” Bibi explained blandly.
 
“Oh, it's like that Gieko commercial, where the squirrels run in front of the cars and make them crash, then do that handshake thing. It was so cute,” replied Vivian.
 
“I mean they are really cute, but it's a miracle they aren't extinct. I once had a squirrel run in front of my bicycle and I almost ran it over. I practically had a heart attack when it barley missed my wheel.” Bibi explained.
 
“That's reckless of them for sure,” said Laura.
 
“I mean, after a while though, you learn that squirrels have a system.” Bibi also said.
 
“A system?” Naruto wondered.
 
“Yes, If you are riding your bike and the squirrel is facing the side walk and there is a tree on the other side, well actually it doesn't matter if there is a tree or not, but they are going to run across. But here's the thing, squirrels are always going to aim for trees, but the problem is that if there isn't a tree directly on the other side, they are going to keep running down the sidewalk until finally they reach a tree and climb up. So now when I see a squirrel facing a sidewalk, I slow down. But there was this one time when I seriously chased this squirrel for ten feet because it couldn't find a tree.”
 
Bibi sighed, “They are a nuisance to nature.”
 
“Basically, if there was a road with an oncoming car and a squirrel on the side, they would either become a moving target while running across to the other side or a hood ornament for the poor unsuspecting car.” summed up Laura.
 
“Oh,” chimed Sakura and Naruto, although neither of them had any idea what the heck a car was.
 
Sasuke didn't say anything, but that didn't mean much. He rarely does except to argue with Naruto.
 
Somewhere in the back of his mind, he was reflecting on how these new girls were a rarity to Konoha and threw some spice into the ninja mix that he interacted with on a daily basis. He knew that Kakashi saw it too because he noticed that today was the first day he saw Kakashi only pull out that little perverted book of his once. He thought at first that it was because someone was possibly following them, but Kakashi-sensei is more composed and experienced to let something like that get to him. These girls had a serious effect, but he questioned their loyalty and purpose here. Could they be trusted?