Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Kakashi joking? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members. We don't own or mean to offend the Amish or any manufacturers of diary products. We also didn't invent the triangle or any proofs related to it and we did not invent light sabers or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Whew, this disclaimer is going to be a page long by the completion of this story.
 
Summary: “Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?” pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!
 
Italics denotes mental thoughts
 
Authors' note: Just a reminder from a previous Author's Note which we will also post on every chapter from now on, we are changing the ages of the characters for the sake of this story. Yes we know that it doesn't follow the ages of the characters of the show/manga. We are making Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the characters that are all their age, 16 years old at the beginning of this story and around the time of the first series. Kakashi is 19 years old, the youngest of the jounin, and he is still an ex-ANBU. Basically everything starts off around the second season of the show. The only thing that is different is all of their ages. Now, on with the story.
 
Other Quick Note: We're sooooo sorry that this didn't get posted sooner. We gave it to our beta 3 weeks ago, but she's currently soooo busy that she barely has time to breath, so bear with us because this is the unedited version and we shall notify everyone when our beta gets around to our story. We'd also like to mention that we almost have chapter 7 done too, but we're not sure if we should post when we're done or put it on the pile of things to edit for our beta. Tell us what you think ^_^
 
Chapter 6
 
Kakashi led everyone to a large grassy plot of land. He started performing a jutsu, but it was so quick none of his team got it. Heck, they didn't even know what it was for. Kakashi stepped closer towards the abandoned area, and grabbed for something and then proceeded to walk forward and vanish.
 
This was a concealment jutsu far beyond what was taught by Iruka. Naruto walked up and glanced at it quizzically while scratching his head. Kakashi took that moment to swing open what apparently was a door. Yep, you probably saw that coming, though since it was invisible to him, Naruto definitely didn't. Naruto was hit by the door and almost flattened like a pancake. Kakashi swung the door shut and Naruto fell to the ground.
 
He got up quickly and shook it off. After everyone's attention was diverted from Naruto, they noticed a large bundle in Kakashi's hands.
 
“Kakashi-sensei, what is that?” asked Sakura.
 
“Oh, this, it's the standard issue set of weapons that you all received when graduating from the academy.”
 
“……….”
 
“It's for Vivian, Bibi, and Laura.” He said.
 
He then handed the three girls individual bundles.
 
“Geez, what do you have in here, bricks?” asked Vivian.
 
“No, you don't use bricks till later in your training.” He responded.
 
“We're going to use bricks in our training?” asked Naruto, dreading the idea.
 
“That was the first joke I've ever heard you make. I didn't think you had it in you.” Said Laura.
 
“Who said I was joking?” he dully responded.
 
Bibi was the only one to catch the mischievous glint in his eye when he said that.
 
They had reached Sakura's house and Kakashi said, “Oh, by the way, I called Mrs. Haruno (?????????) to see if you girls could stay with Sakura until we find better sleeping arrangements since last night's were obviously a little inappropriate.”
 
“I wouldn't mind sleeping with you any night Kakashi.” Flirted Laura.
 
Kakashi blushes. I'm lucky I have this mask on.
 
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura's jaws collectively dropped. It wouldn't have been surprising if a fly or an albatross for that matter flew into their mouths that hung agape.
 
Hm, that was unexpected to say the least. They won't let me forget that they are indeed different, that's for sure. Though, I guess I'm not exactly your typical jounin either since most are at least six years older than myself. Not that I wouldn't mind her suggestion... Kakashi mentally giggles in a way that only he and few others could.
 
While Kakashi was off in his land of perversion, Vivian and Bibi grimaced with mental images conjured by Laura's suggestion.
 
Leave it to Laura to say those types of things. I blame them on her technology classes that were filled with testosterone driven teenage guys, the worst of which was named Ryan. Thought Bibi as she cringed.
 
*Whack*
 
Bibi's hand connected with the back of Laura's head. It was just hard enough to send Laura the message to cut it out, soft enough so it was friendly and wouldn't hurt for too long, and produced a squeal from Laura loud enough to effectively bring everyone's mind from space back to the village of Konoha.
 
Kakashi gave a playful wink and said “Anytime.”
 
It was now Laura's turn to blush as Kakashi disappeared from sight.
 
Vivian laughed at their flirtatious antics, knowing that Laura was just having fun with Kakashi.
 
“I'm going to go get some ramen. Bye guys.” Said Naruto. He promptly took off running and was nothing more than an orange blur in the distance before long.
 
Sakura looked around for Sasuke and spotted him already 50 feet down the road walking at a slow pace to match his unhurried personality.
 
“Bye Sasuke-kun.” She called out to him.
 
He continued walking without the slightest flinch of acknowledgment.
 
The door to Sakura's home opened, revealing her mother. Sakura turned to face her.
 
“Hi Mom.” Sakura greeted dully.
 
“Hello sweetie, oh I see you've brought your friends. I'm Mrs. Haruno.”
 
“I'm Laura.”
 
“Vivian.”
 
“Bibi. It's a pleasure to meet you m'am. Thank you for opening your home to us until we can find suitable accommodations.”
 
The three bowed slightly in a respective greeting.
 
“You're quite welcome and you three can stay as long as you like.” She said then smiled kindly. She then turned to face her daughter, the action causing her black knee-length skirt to ruffle gracefully. Her red blouse was crisp even after a day's worth of work and a string of black beads adorned her neck. Her pink hair was in an elegant twisted up-do held in place by a red butterfly clip and most likely a few strategically placed and well hidden bobby pins. She was an older and more mature image of Sakura in almost every aspect. “Sakura, how was your training today?”
 
“Fine Mom.” She answered tersely as she squeezed between her mother and the door frame. “I'm going to take a shower” she called from already part way up the stairs.
 
“Please come in girls.” Mrs. Haruno said while stepping aside, opening the door further, and extending her hand inside the house in a friendly welcoming gesture.
 
“You'll have to excuse Sakura. I don't know what has gotten into her today. I'll have to have a talk with her later. She usually has much better manners.”
 
“It's probably because she had an unusually hectic and tiring day today. I'm sure she'll be back to herself after she has a chance to relax and get some rest.” Said Bibi feeling sorry for everything Sakura went through today.
 
A frown tugged at the corner of Mrs. Haruno's lips. “Hm, she must be working herself too hard.” She then smiled again. “But I bet that it will be nice for her to have some girls on her team now instead of just the boys.”
 
The girls didn't know how to respond to her comment, so they smiled politely and followed her to the kitchen.
 
The house was tastefully decorated and lacked the knickknacks that they were used to seeing everywhere. Pictures of family and probably friends too lined the mahogany fire place and crown molding bordered the top of all the rooms and had matching floor boards on the bottom also. The kitchen had lightly stained aspen cabinets, countertops, and a matching table and chairs. A dark swirled countertop was a stark contrast and had shimmering flecks embedded in it. On top of the table stood a fluted glass vase with an assortment of flowers in it. There were pink carnations, yellow chrysanthemums, dark pink roses, yellow roses, pink hyacinth, and filler greenery.
 
Mrs. Haruno caught the girls admiring the arranged flowers. “ Ino's mother owns a floral shop and made this for me. If you haven't met Ino, ask Sakura to introduce you. They were best friends when they were younger.”
 
“Do you know what any of the flowers mean Mrs. Haruno?” asked Laura.
 
“Yes, actually I do. The pink carnations symbolize a mother's undying love. The yellow chrysanthemum is for luck. The dark pink roses are for thankfulness and the yellow ones are for happiness. The pink hyacinth is for youthfulness. Ino's mother did a beautiful job of arranging them and their meanings are especially fitting for this household.”
 
The three girls just stood their and smiled, contemplating how such small delicate flowers could hold so much meaning all the while bringing happiness like the sun after a storm.
 
“Can I fix you three something to eat, you must be starved after your long day?”
 
“We can fix ourselves something if you'd like, you have probably also had a long day working and shouldn't have to slave away in the kitchen to prepare food.”
 
“Oh, nonsense. Let me think of what we have.” said Mrs. Haruno while thoughtfully tapping her lips with her index finger.
 
She opened the refrigerator and freezer, taking mental inventory of their contents.
 
“I have some chicken parmesan,” she said while she looked like she was about to dive into the refrigerator with the mist of the cold air swirling with the warmer air of the kitchen giving her a mystical look.
 
Bibi spotted something that looked like tortillas. “We could make some chicken and cheese tostadas.”
 
Vivian visibly flinched.
 
“Cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham, though I'm not sure if there is enough for all of you.” The light of the refrigerator shone off her hair as she continued her journey through the unexplored depths of leftovers.
 
Vivian now proceeded to bite on her thumb fingernail.
 
“Oh, how about a healthy bowl of mixed greens with parmesan crisps. I also bought some fresh broccoli today at the market and could fix some broccoli and cheddar cheese soup.”
 
Vivian couldn't take this torture much longer. The options were just too much for her and she was beginning to lose her grip on herself as her sanity and appetite ebbed away. She resorted to biting on her lower lip. Hard.
 
“Bibi, don't you just love soup when the cheese is melted on top and sticks to your spoon and stretches when you pull the spoon to your mouth. It's great when that happens with pizza too.” Laura said, practically drooling over her mental images.
 
I'm going to throw up soon, please if there is some god or supreme higher being out there, make them stop! Begged Vivian's mind.
 
Sakura walked in with her damp pink hair clinging to her face.
 
“Do you want anything to eat Sakura?” her mother asked.
 
“Did you get some bread at the market today Mom?”
 
“Yes honey, it's over there on the counter.” She said as she straightened from her place at the fridge, closed its door and pointed to the bag with the bread.
 
Vivian was relieved to hear food that didn't involve ch----. She couldn't even bring her mind to say that dreaded word.
 
“I think I'll toast it with some cheese on top.” Mentioned Sakura as she moved to retrieve the cheese from the refrigerator.
 
That was the breaking point. There was only so much talk and mention of cheese that Vivian could stand before it became too much for her to handle.
 
“Why, why do you torture me like this?” Vivian said with a cross between anger and begging in her voice. “What have I done to deserve this…this…atrocity. I can see it now, death by CHEESE!.” She proclaimed while waving her hands in the air. She spun around on her feet and walked out of the room.
 
After a rather unusual silence, Mrs. Haruno asked “Is she alright?”
 
“Oh yes, I just forgot that she detests and despises cheese.” Explained Laura.
 
“Oh dear, I did try and push the dairy a little, didn't I?” the obviously guilty feeling mother said with a worry creased forehead.
 
“Don't worry about it Mrs. Haruno, but would it be okay if we took her some bread and butter?” inquired Bibi while trying to set everyone's mind at ease.
 
“Of course, help yourselves. I'll get some blankets and mats out of the linen closet and take them up to the guest room while you do that.” Replied Mrs. Haruno as she bustled off to figure out sleeping arrangements for the guests.