Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Dry Ice ❯ Pillow Talk ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We do not own any of the Naruto characters, or any other characters and copyright entities mentioned in this story. We do own Vivian, Bibi, and Laura, this plot line, and all the books carried in their backpacks. UFOa is also copyrighted by us, the authors, along with anything to do with it or its members. We don't own or mean to offend the Amish or any manufacturers of diary products. We also didn't invent the triangle or any proofs related to it and we did not invent light sabers or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Whew, this disclaimer is going to be a page long by the completion of this story.
 
Summary: “Who are those three girls and why did they appear in our rooms?” pondered Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi. They are on a mission, quest, thing of intelligence!
 
Italics denotes mental thoughts
 
Authors' note: Just a reminder from a previous Author's Note which we will also post on every chapter from now on, we are changing the ages of the characters for the sake of this story. Yes we know that it doesn't follow the ages of the characters of the show/manga. We are making Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the characters that are all their age, 16 years old at the beginning of this story and around the time of the first series. Kakashi is 19 years old, the youngest of the jounin, and he is still an ex-ANBU. Basically everything starts off around the second season of the show. The only thing that is different is all of their ages. Now, on with the story.
 
Other Quick Note: We gave it to our beta 3 weeks ago, but she's currently soooo busy that she barely has time to breath, so bear with us because this is the unedited version and we shall notify everyone when our beta gets around to our story. And yes, we are currently writing chapter 8 and hope to have it done soon ^_^
 
Chapter 7
 
“Here mom, I'll take the bread since I seemed to have been the last straw of the situation.”
 
She took the decorated plate heaping with slices of fresh soft bread and a precariously balanced clear dish of butter and a knife.
 
The carpeting did little to soften the distressed clomping of Vivian's feet on the stairs and by the sound of it, she was taking them two at a time.
 
Sakura walked up the stairs, following the obviously upset Vivian. She saw a fluff of brown hair as it disappeared behind a corner and knew exactly where the girl was going.
 
Breath in, breath out. Inhale, exhale. Quite the stomach, calm the mind. I refuse to reflect any longer on the chee--, ah, substance that everyone else in this household seems to be infatuated with, even if there is one type that I'm sure causes cancer or something horrid like that. It's their choice, not mine to die from that bacteria infested ill-tasting mush, reflected Vivian, trying to keep her mind from drifting off and thinking of other matters.
 
The hunter stalked its prey. Carefully, silently, one false move, one broken twig and her plans would be foiled. She calculated the distance and planned for the opportune moment to seize her prey. The tiger had to be lightning fast, for it was unknown if the lost animal was overly skittish or not.
 
She saw Vivian standing there, dead stiff, but her body lightly trembling. She was away from home and scared, so much had happened today that it became overwhelming and the cheese just set off the ticking time bomb that was her mind.
 
Sakura couldn't be closer to the truth of Vivian being far away from home. In fact, she couldn't be farther from home.
 
 
Humanity slowly seeped back into Sakura, permeating her pores and wrapping around her heart. Compassion quieted Inner Sakura for the first time today and for a rare moment, Sasuke wasn't the only thing she was thinking of. Her mind was affected by the sight of Vivian standing here, however temporary the affect on her, it was touching. She knew that if she were the one away from home and randomly told to train as a ninja, she would have been in tears already. Who knows anything about these girls, their background, their plans for a future that were scrubbed in moments of meeting with the Hokage. Did they have parents, or even a guy that they were leaving behind, to be cursed by the lonely life of a ninja? Tears pricked her vision. Yes, now was the time to break the almost tangible silence that blanketed her room. The hunter has acknowledged the aforementioned prey and is calling for a temporary truce.
 
“You know, you were on the right track, but you plopped down in the wrong room,” Sakura said to Vivian who was sitting on a purple shag rug staring out the window still taking an occasional deep breath.
 
She barely blinked as Sakura spoke, though she heard her, she didn't acknowledge. Not knowing enough to accurately predict her actions, she had to question her intentions in coming up after her. Was the Tiger playing cat and mouse with the prey? Mind games can deceive quickly without realization, and soon the trusting prey might become an easy meal.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
The rest of that afternoon and evening passed without injury or death. The three girls kept to themselves for the most part while Sakura devised a Plan A in her head.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
 
The guestroom floor was a patchwork quilt of bedrolls, blankets, and pillows. Three backpacks were leaning up against the wall in one corner of the room.
 
“Well, this has been one heck of a day.” Said Vivian who was patting her wet curly hair with a green terrycloth towel.
 
“It sure has,” said Laura with a sigh.
 
“Do you think that anyone realizes that we are gone or even misses us?” thought Vivian out loud.
 
“I already miss my parents and I'm worried about them.” Responded Bibi with a distant look across her face. “But I'm sure that they miss us and are probably calling the police, armed forces, and every relative in our family trees trying to track us down.”
 
“But what if time is occurring at a different rate in this parallel than it does on Earth? We might have been gone only a few seconds of Earth's time but the equivalent of a day here.” Said Laura.
 
Vivian ran her fingers through her locks of hair and parted it neatly as she took in what Laura was saying.
 
“For that matter, how do we know that we're not all passed out on the floor of the convention center and just dreaming this whole thing up?” continued Laura.
 
“But then how come we're all in it and having our own thoughts and feelings. Would it be considered a joint dream, and if you think of it that way, it wouldn't be possible,” said Bibi trying to find some reason.
 
“Bibi, you know that you just stated that it wasn't possible that we could be having a joint dream but that it is possible that we crossed parallels and ended up in the world of Naruto right? Wouldn't it make more sense to just say that all of this isn't plausible?”
 
Bibi mused it over, and decided. “You're right, but then you also just suggested that we broke all laws of physics and probably affected some funky space time continuum in arriving here.”
 
Vivian decided that it was time for her to stop this insane sci-fi reasoning session before it got too out of hand. “Look you guys, why don't we just - whaaaa!” Before she could finish, she hit her foot on the only piece of furniture in the room and landed on the floor. She stood up, rubbing her slightly bruised back side and said, “That hurt too much to be a dream.”
 
The girls laughed off the incident and decided to rest their cases in the debate over reality.
 
Sakura peeked her head through the door to see what all the commotion was about. She deemed the room safe for entry and opened the door further and stepped in.
 
“Hey guys, I brought some nail polish and thought you guys might want to do your nails and relax before bed. We could have some quality girl talk now that you are apart of team 7.” Sakura said with false cheerfulness.
 
“Girl talk?” Bibi was reminded of the last sleepover with Vivian and Laura. Laura tried to teach the two of them how to play Halo 2 and Project Gothem Racing 2. The then stayed up till 2 in the morning having an in depth critical analysis discussion on the latest books they've read. So much for the term “girl talk”. This might prove interesting considering how it was obvious as day that Sakura wanted to talk to them about something specific.
 
Sakura thought she had it all planned out. After all, she was an intelligent kunochi and she could come up with some decent strategic plans. She'd have them confessing in no time as to who woke up with her Sasuke-kun. Then she would make it impeccably clear that Sasuke was her territory and hers along. Inner Sakura echoed her thoughts with an enthusiastic “hell yeah!”
 
“Well, I hope you'll be more comfortable than you were this morning.” Her eyebrow tweaked upwards, hinting for someone to catch on to her line of thoughts and talk about their morning encounters.
 
A pregnant pause followed her comment along with the three girls looking back and forth as if mentally communication as to who was going to speak first.
 
“So, what was it like this morning, I mean it must have been terrifying to wake up to some strange guy.” Sakura continued, hoping that this time someone would speak up since her subtlety before seemed to be lost on the girls.
 
Laura sensed why Vivian and Bibi were waiting, so she played along with their plan. Though they didn't say what it was, they knew each other well enough to know what they were thinking and since it was obvious from the day's occurrences that Laura woke up with Kakashi, she took the plunge and spoke up.
 
“Well, It wasn't too horrible waking up next to Kakashi. Don't get me wrong, I was freaked out about it and I was very disoriented,” she paused to collect her thoughts, ready to make some witty comment, “but at least he was easy on the eyes and not some hideous deformed beast.”
 
Sakura almost spit out the water she had started to sip, heck it was pretty close to coming out her nose. This girl was talking about her sensei, she didn't want to have these mental images. Who knows how old he really is under that mask. Wait a second, mask, maybe she saw him without his mask!
 
“So, what do you think of him covering up his face?” Sakura was now interested in the topic since she and probably every other inhabitant of Konoha wanted to discover what he really hid under it. Was it fish lips, scars, who knows?
 
Laura knew of all the failed attempts that either occurred or would occur in the future depending on how you look at the timeline of anime. Oh yes, she could use what happened this morning for blackmail later. For now though, she'd play along and pretend it never happened.
 
“How should I know, he's attached to that mask like it's a security blanket.”
 
Sakura sighed, “Well, what about you two?”
 
As it turns out, Sakura wasn't the only one that could play mind games. They all knew she was still thinking of Sasuke, man did she need a hobby, but they were going to keep her in suspense a little longer.
 
“The guy I woke up with was visibly startled by my presence and lost control of his emotions as one point.” Answered Vivian.
 
“Mine just kind of stood there,” said Bibi, knowing that her answer was going to throw off Sakura because she would assume that the emotionless one was the Uchiha.
 
“So, Bibi, he was pretty speechless, eh?”
 
“You could say that,” Bibi bit back a laugh as she saw the fire of determination raging in Sakura's eyes. She had opened her mouth to continue her interrogation and stake her claim of Saskue, but was cut short by Vivian.
 
“So, do you like being a ninja?”
 
“Yes, I do -”
 
“Does it involve a lot of training?”
 
“Of course -”
 
“Have you done many hard missions?”
 
“No, but -”
 
“How about easy mindless missions?
“Mostly -”
 
“Is Kakashi a good teacher?”
 
“Well -”
 
“Does Naruto always talk a lot?”
 
“You wouldn't believe” answered Sakura, though she was thinking that Naurto didn't have much on Vivian considering how fast she was firing off these questions. At this rate, her plan would be shot down in minutes.
 
She gripped the sheets of the bedroll in her hand till she felt her nails digging through the thin fabric into her palm and her knuckles turned slightly white. She grit her teeth together, hoping she could calm her inner self down, but was losing the battle.
 
“Bibi!” she exclaimed, hoping her shout would put a stop to Vivian's chain of questions.
 
Bibi snapped her head up to look at Sakura and smiled politely. “You know Sakura, we should probably get some sleep.”
 
“But -”
 
“Don't you remember that Kakashi said we had training tomorrow?”
 
“Yes, -”
 
“Well, then I'd say that that is reason enough to get to bed.”
 
“Ah -”
 
“And I'm sure you mother wouldn't want you to be dead on your feet tomorrow and risk getting injured, so it would probably be in the best interest of all of us if we turned in now. Thanks for letting us stay her Sakura, hope you sleep well.”
 
Sakura just sat there, wondering what had just happened. She had her plans foiled before she could say more than two words at a time. She crashed her head into the pillow and groaned softly in defeat.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
Sakura's mind was still catching up from the fast paced volley of the night's conversation when she was lying on her bed, trying with all her might to quell Inner Sakura's raging voice echoing all her thoughts. Tomorrow was training, and then maybe, she might just have the chance to beat them and show Sasuke that she was strong and could carry her own weight in the team. Who knows, maybe if she's lucky he'll even compliment her on her skills and charka control.
 
Little did she know of how the events of tomorrow were going to play out.