Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Espionage ❯ Kisses ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Sasuke is a spy for Shinobi Inc. and is sent to guard the #1 hyperactive blond of Konoha High School, Naruto Uzumaki. He finds out later that Naruto has two personalities and both are driving him crazy, but for two different reasons.
Parings: `Naruto'/Sasuke/Naruto, Kakashi/Iruka, Ten-ten/Neji, Gaara/Neji/Gaara
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto
Sorry I took so long. I had an excuse for not updating, but I can't use it anymore more considering it was only for two weeks. So…sorry! To make up for such lateness, I made this chapter super long. It was 20 pages long!
Yes, I know, adore me...
Or not...
Espionage
Chapter 7: Kisses
Naruto whistled as Gaara approached the blond's house, causing the other teenager to glare at him. “Wow, Gaara. Who knew you could be such a stud muffin?” The blonde asked jokingly. He gave a hearty laugh when Gaara flipped him off.
Even though he was only joking, Naruto couldn't help but notice that Gaara looked good; sexy even, though he freaked him out to call his best friend the `s' word. The Red head had on a black, button down shirt that wasn't tucked in, with the sleeves rolled up neatly to his elbow and black slacks. He also wore a red silk tie that matched perfectly with his hair. It wasn't too different from what Gaara usually wore, yet it still made him look more elegant in a punkish type way.
“I actually didn't think you would dress up Gaara. Considering you're not the dressy type.” Naruto commented as he took a closer look at Gaara's outfit.
“This wasn't my idea. Temari did this to me.” He slapped the blond's hand when he attempted to touch his tie. “Quit it!”
Naruto's pout disappeared at the mention of Gaara's older sister. “Temari's back? Why didn't you tell me she was coming? What about Kankuro; is he here too?” the blond asked excitedly.
Before Gaara could answer, they heard a car honking behind him. The two turned around to see Lee pulling up in his forest green Honda civic. “I'll tell you later.” Gaara replied. Naruto was about to protest, but was cut off when Lee came out his car to greet them.
“GOOD EVENING MY FRIENDS OF YOUTH!” He exclaimed loudly.
Gaara and Naruto exchanged looks. Naruto grinned and chuckled nervously. “At least he isn't wearing that green spandex.”
`Thank god! I would've had to hurt Naruto otherwise…' Gaara thought bitterly. He took a good look at Lee. `He doesn't look bad at all… I dare say he looks-'
“Whoa, Lee!” Gaara realized that Naruto was no longer standing next to him but instead scrutinizing Lee thoroughly. “You look hot!” The blonde grinned when saw the blush appear on the senior's face. “Well you do! Doesn't he, Gaara?”
Gaara stared at a grinning Naruto and then an apprehensive Lee. There's no denying it, Lee so amazing tonight. Gone was that ridiculous hair style and in its place was a style that had his hair slightly flipping up at the ends. 1 He of course wore green, but was only a button down shirt that suited him well and Gaara was relieved that it was the only thing that was green. His tie was a cream color that matched his pants and he had on black dress up shoes. Gaara nodded. “You look very good, Lee.” Gaara nearly smiled when he saw Lee's relieved expression.
“Thank you, Gaara.” He mumbled very un-Rock Lee like. “BUT YOU LOOK TEN TIMES AS GREAT AS I COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE!” `There's the Rock Lee that we know…' Gaara thought.
“C'mon, let's get going. I don't want to miss the entire dance!” Naruto said excitedly as he ran to the house and said (more like shouted) that he was leaving. The three teenagers then got into the car; Naruto in the back and Gaara in the front with Lee and drove over to the school.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“Sasuke, would you like-”
“No.”
“Neji, do you want-”
“Sorry, maybe some other time.”
Girl after girl walked away from the two boys dejectedly. Since Sasuke and Neji arrived at the dance, they've been surrounded by a swarm of teenage girls. So far, the two spies have been able to keep there wits, but girls, they observed, can become painfully persistent.
“When is the dobe getting here? If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here in the first place.” Sasuke growled.
Neji rolled his eyes. “You didn't have to come. I told you that I was coming along with Kakashi here. You could've stayed at home.”
Sasuke chose to ignore the brunette's comment and stuffed his hands in his pocket in annoyance. `Stupid dobe, having me wait here with all these bouncing bimbos trying to catch my attention.'
Sasuke nearly flinched when he heard a loud booming voice over even the pumping music. “NEJI, MY GOOD FRIEND! HOW ARE YOU THIS FINE EVENING?”
Neji calmly turned his head in the direction of the voice, knowing exactly who it was. “Hello-” Neji paused mid-sentence and took a good look at his friend. He looked completely different. “Lee?” he asked unsurely.
Naruto appeared from behind lee with a grin on his face. “Doesn't he clean up well? Me and Gaara were just talking about that on the way here, right Gaara?” he slowly walked up to the group, his signature brutish expression in place; he was in school after all, he didn't want his reputation to be destroyed.
“Sasuke, Neji.” He greeted the two and only got a nod of acknowledgment from the both of them.
There was an eerie silence between the five young men. The noise came from the dancing teens and the blasting music. Naruto, the loud mouth of the group was about to explode from the silence when Lee beat him to it.
“YOSH! MY FAVORITE SONG!” referring the song that just started playing. “MY YOUTH HAS REWARDED ME GREATLY!” he grabbed Gaara's arm, startling the poor junior. “GAARA, COME DANCE WITH ME!” he exclaimed trying to pull the red head into the crowd of teenagers.
“But I-”
Naruto pushed his friend playfully. “Just go already, Gaara. That what you're here for.”
Gaara stared back and forth between Naruto and Lee before sighing and letting Lee drag him to the dance floor.
The blonde grinned he saw Gaara attempting to keep up with Lee's dance moves. “How cute…”
He turned to face the two forgotten spies. Sasuke had one eyebrow raised at the scene he just saw. He knew that the red head had a crush on Neji, but it surprised him, though he didn't show it, that he actually showed up with a date.
Neji, on the other hand, did not attempt to hide his surprise. “Wait. Gaara and Lee are here as dates?” he asked incredulously, failing to hide his surprise.
“Yup! I set them up myself. I had to do it. I was sick of Gaara mopping around and being all depressed like.” Naruto replied.
Neji raised an eyebrow. “Why would Gaara be depressed?” The brunette, however, never received a reply; his only answer was the knowing smile Naruto gave him. Deciding to just drop the conversation, Neji's eyes landing back on the couple on the dance floor. The song was ending and Gaara was leaving to come back, but Lee's hand shot out for his arm. From the looks of it, he was asking him to stay for another song. The redhead stalled for a second before agreeing to another dance. Lee's face broke into a large grin when the redhead agreed. He felt a sudden clench in his heart as he noticed the very small smile that graced the younger man's lips.
The entire time this was happening, Naruto was observing Neji. He confidently believed that Neji was straight, but with the way he was staring at Gaara, he wasn't so sure anymore. `Well only one way to find out…'
“Hey, Neji?”
The brunette took one more lingering look at the couple on the dance floor before bringing his attention fully on Naruto. “Yes?”
“I was just wondering…Are you gay?”
Uchiha nearly burst into laughter when he saw the look of his fellow spy. He actually chuckled when Neji attempted to answer the question. Luckily he wasn't heard due to the music playing in the background. `This will be entertaining…'
“I-I-y-…w-what makes you think that?” he asked in surprise. Who could blame him, it not very often you are asked that type of question.
“I don't know. You just seem like the type. And I haven't seen you take any interest in girls since you been here.” The blond explained.
Neji grew flustered. Sasuke smirked. Neji being flustered over something like this amused him to no end. It isn't everyday the brunette is at a loss of words. “I haven't taken any interest in girls because it would have it I already have a girlfriend back at home.” Neji explained, hoping that would shut the little blond up. But we all know that doesn't work.
“Oh I see…so…your bi?” the blond reasoned.
Sasuke could see the frustration in Neji's pale eyes. But before the older teen could explain himself properly, he was interrupted by Sai.
“Hey, Naru.” The blacked haired senior appeared out of no where and hugged Naruto from behind, resting his chin on the blond's shoulder. “I've been looking everywhere for you.” Everyone except for Naruto noticed the scowl that appeared on Sasuke's face at the intimate scene. Sai turned towards the other two in nodded his head slightly in recognition. Neji was the only one to reply back; Sasuke was too engrossed in glaring at the clingy senior.
Sai threw a smirk towards Sasuke, causing the glare to darken. The young spy nearly ripped off Sai's head when his lips came dangerously close to Naruto's ear to whisper something that Sasuke couldn't hear.
“Sure!” Naruto exclaimed, slightly surprising the two teenage spies that had no idea what was going on. “We'll be right back you guys. Me and Sai are going to dance for a bit.” With a wave, he allowed Sai to drag him onto the dance floor with the horde of teenage students rubbing up against each other, no doubt rubbing up against his Naruto.
Oh, how he wanted to destroy something, or someone. Particularly a raven haired senior, who was currently grinding against Naruto as if he was trying to rape him with his clothes on.
“Feeling a little jealous, Sasuke?”
Sasuke growled. He could practically feel Neji's grin. “Shut it, Hyuuga.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Iruka sighed for the hundredth time that night. As much as he hated to admit it, he felt sorry for blowing Kakashi off the way he did. `I was irrational for canceling our date just because of what I saw. What if that meant nothing?'
However, another voice answered the questioning remark. `But I saw how she blushed like a little school girl when he kissed her on her hand! Plus, he's a pervert! It seems like everyday I see him reading those disgusting books that Naruto's father writes. No I won't let myself get hurt again.'
As much as the teacher told himself not to think about Kakashi, he couldn't help it. He thought that if he made himself busy tonight, then he would not think about it. However, he did not plan on Rin, the school nurse, to be chaperoning as well. It hurt even more when she tried to hold a conversation with him.
So after having talked to the very woman who started this mess, Iruka found a corner that he could stand in without being spotted, yet he could still watch over the students.
To engrossed in his thoughts, he did not here someone walk up beside him.
“Would you like to dance?” a deep voice whispered in his ear over the sound of music.
Iruka rolled his eyes at the request for a dance, not even recognizing the familiar voice. Shaking his head, he turned to the person to properly decline, when he gazed into one black one. He looked up to see familiar silver hair. “K-Kakashi?”
The older man had on his mask, but judging from the one visible eye, he seemed to be smiling. “Yo.”
Iruka stared in shock for a few seconds before he shot a glare towards the other man. “What are you doing here?”
“Well considering that you canceled our date,” Kakashi noticed Iruka's slight flinch, “I decided to come and chaperone. I needed something to do since both Sasuke and Neji are here.”
Iruka glared at the man into front of him before turning away. “Well, I'll see you around then.”
Before he could walk away, a strong grip held his arm. `Would you just leave me alone!' “Can you left go of me?”
“But I asked you for a dance.” Kakashi replied, the supposed smile still there.
“I don't want to.”
“Why?”
“What kind of question is that?”
“A very good one.”
“…I just don't want to dance. You know, chaperoning and all.”
“You don't want to dance at all, or just with me?”
“…”
Iruka remained silent, unable to answer the older man. “I see…” Iruka looked up and saw the serious look on Kakashi's face. Iruka couldn't tear his eyes away from the man's face. He barely comprehended the hand that grabbed his arm gently. “We need to talk.”
Iruka numbly nodded, not realizing that he had just trapped himself into being alone with the one man he was avoiding. It had only occurred to Iruka that the two were standing outside of the school when Kakashi left go of his arm. “Why have you been avoiding me?”
“…”
“Did I do something to offend you?”
“…”
“Iruka, please. Just tell what wrong. I don't want to hurt you in anyway.” Kakashi cupped Iruka face with his hand. He visibly flinched when the younger man turned his face and pushed his hand away.
After a long silence, Iruka finally spoke up. “I just can't go through this again.”
“Go through what again?” Kakashi asked. “Iruka, look at me.” He grabbed Iruka's chin gently to make him face him and this time, the teacher did not pull away. “What did I do?”
Kakashi's eyes widened when he saw the tears about to fall from Iruka's eyes. “You shouldn't play games, Kakashi. They aren't fun at all.”
Kakashi let go in surprise. “Huh?”
Iruka wiped his eye and glared angrily at the spy. “Don't play dumb with me, Kakashi! I saw the whole scene with you and Rin.”
“Me and Rin? What are you…” Recognition hit him. “Oh…”
“Oh is right! I can't believe you! I actually thought that I could have a relationship with you, but it looks like I'm just a joke once again! You're a selfish, perverted pig and I'll never know what I saw in you! You're just like that stupid prick! If you just wanted a plaything that you could use when ever you want, you picked the wrong person. And another thing-” Iruka rant was cut off when Kakashi pressed him up against the wall, a hand over his mouth.
“I'm glad you're finally done.” Kakashi said, causing Iruka to glare in the one visible eye. “I just needed to shut you up to clear up everything. Firstly, I did not do anything with Rin. She can up to me and confessed that she liked me. I told her that I interested in someone else and that I was sorry. I only kissed her on the hand to show I truly apologize for not returning her feelings. If I'd known it would hurt you, I wouldn't have done it.” Iruka stopped his struggle after hearing the confession.
`Could what he had said be true?' Iruka cursed himself for feeling happier at the thought of all this being a complete misunderstanding. `He could also be lying to me…' he thought negatively.
“Secondly,” Kakashi continued. “I really like you, Iruka. I would kick myself if I ever hurt you in anyway.” Iruka's eyes widened and began to form tears again. `Please, just stop it already…'
He teacher watched as the taller man slowly pulled down his mask, showing off his beautiful face. He tried to hide the pink tint that reached his face, but Kakashi noticed it.
“There's no need to be embarrassed, Iruka.” He took his hand off of Iruka's mouth and cupped the back of the other man's neck. Iruka noticed the small smile on the spy's face.
Kakashi leaned in closer until their lips almost touched and Iruka could feel the deep breaths of the other man. “Please don't ever run away from me again. I don't want to hurt like this anymore.” Kakashi whispered, sending shiver down Iruka's spine.
Before the teacher was able to respond, pair of lips came crashing onto his. Lost in the kiss, Iruka closed his eyes and succumbed to his desires. He grabbed the silver hair of the other man in order to pull him closer in attempt to deepen the kiss. Kakashi responded by pulled Iruka by the waist, crushing their bodies closer to each other.
Unfortunately, the need for air separated the two. Kakashi and Iruka panted heavily as they rested their foreheads together. Kakashi smiled and gave Iruka a quick peck on the lips. The smile, however, melted away into a look of confusion when he felt a sharp pain on his cheek. It had occurred to him seconds later that Iruka had slapped him.
“Wha-”
“You pervert!” Iruka yelled, a deep blush on his face. He pushed Kakashi away and put some distance in between each other. “I can't believe you! How dare you kiss me, especially when I'm angry with you, you…you…lip rapist!” he concluded.
Kakashi stared in disbelief at the accusation. `Is he actually serious?' “Iruka-”
“I'm going back inside now.” Iruka interrupted. He tried to make his blush go away as he walked back into the school. He silently cursed the other man for making his heart feel all fluttery after the kiss.
“Stupid Kakashi…”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sasuke was in a horrible mood that night. Not only did he have to witness Naruto being molested by the prick by the name of Sai, it turns out that Sakura (SAKURA!) decided she wanted to dance with the blond. Though it did bring him a little bit of pleasure when Naruto almost completely ignored the senior after being asked to dance by Sakura; Sasuke figured she would be the lesser of the two evils.
“For the love of all things good! Sasuke quite staring at him!” Neji said in frustration. His friend had been staring at the blond since he went out onto the dance floor.
“Yeah, Uchiha. Quit before you set the poor cutey on fire with your death ray.”
Sasuke nearly growled when Sai approached them.
“What? Is Naruto done with you already?” Sasuke sneered. Not like him at all, but what the hell!
“Sorry, Uchiha, but sniping at me won't affect me at all. Besides, it's Sakura who you should be worried about.” Sai replied arrogantly, his fake smile in place.
“And why is that?”
“Because before you came, Naruto went out with her.” Sai replied.
Sasuke's eyes slightly widen in surprise. `All this time, I thought…'
“He's bi.” Sai informed him, answering Sasuke pondering question. “And rumor has it, she wants Naruto back.”
Sasuke heart clenched at the thought of that pink haired…thing with Naruto. `But I thought she was obsessed with me?' Sasuke's eyes darted towards the dance floor and saw in time, Sakura pulling Naruto by the hand out of the crowd.
Not really thinking at all, Sasuke left the two seniors as he followed the unknowing couple. In his mind there was a battle proceeding. One part of him told him that it was none of his business what Naruto did in his love life and that he was here to just do his job of protecting the blond. Another part decided that it was his business and he was the only one that belonged with Naruto.
His battle was put on hold when he saw both Naruto and Sakura sitting right outside of the school, talking. Sasuke, who was inside, peering out the window, could not hear what was being said. Luckily, he knew how to read lips and Naruto's face was slightly angled towards him.
What do you want to talk about?”
He silently cursed when he realized that he could only see part of the conversation. He hoped that this conversation would make some type of sense.
How can I not know? You practically drooled over him…”
Sasuke rolled his eyes. He knew without a doubt that they were talking about him.
Hold on. You don't want me to set you guys up, because that's never going to happen!”
He would have gagged if he weren't an Uchiha. `Me with that girl? I would have personally killed him that myself if he thought he had a chance of hooking us up.'
Sasuke saw Sakura lightly punch Naruto in the shoulder before she continued. Sasuke watched apprehensively as Naruto beautiful smiling face turned into confusion then shock.
“…You do? Sakura, I…” Naruto paused for a moment, causing Sasuke to grow impatient. “Sure! Let's get back together. I'm sure we can make it work this time!”
Before Sasuke could process what Naruto had just said, he witnessed the two outside slowly move closer and attached their lips in a slow, lingering kiss. Though it cause Sasuke unbearable amount of pain, he could not take his dark eyes away from the site. He finally pulled his attention away when the couple pulled apart and smiled at each other.
He quickly walked back to the dance, but soon started to slow down. `Uchihas do not get upset. We do not suffer from something as trival as this…' As Sasuke talked himself out of feeling sad and broken, a new emotion took control; one that Sasuke has yet to learn how to control.
Anger.
Clenching his hand into a fist, his swung at the closest objective in the hallway, which happened to be a locker. His fist made a dent and his knuckles were bleeding, but Sasuke didn't seem to notice or care. Sasuke continued to hit the poor locker until he felt a hand grab his arm before he could strike again.
In his blind fury, he attempted to strike at the person who dare to interrupt him, but only ended up with both of his hands captured.
“Sasuke!”
The teenager looked up to see Kakashi staring at him with worry eyes. He froze when he finally felt the agonizing pain in his hand.
“Sasuke. What happened?” Kakashi asked, hoping for an explanation as to why Sasuke was beating up a locker.
Sasuke blankly stared before he looked down. “…Sorry…” he mumbled. “I…I need to go…”
Kakashi let him go. “Where are you going?”
“Back to the house. I…just need to cool my head down.” In an instant Sasuke's calm posture as back in place.
Kakashi nodded his head in agreement. “And bandage up your hand. We'll go get it fixed tomorrow.” Sasuke just nodded and walked away.
Kakashi sighed. “This night is just getting weirder.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After Sasuke left him, Sai quickly vanished too, saying he had someone to meet. So Neji was left there lonely, looking at everyone dance. Kakashi had came up to him and told him that Sasuke had left already. He thought about going home also when Lee and Gaara decided to grace him with their presence.
“GAARA! YOU'RE SUCH A GREAT DANCER!” Lee exclaimed showing off his pearly white teeth.
Neji unknowingly rolled his eyes when Gaara returned Lee's grin with a small smile of his own.
The red head turned to Neji as if he was just noticing him. “Are you having fun?”
“…The dance is okay.” Neji replied.
“COME NOW NEJI!” Neji cringed. “I haven't seen you dance yet. There must be some girl that catches your attention!”
Before Neji could answer, Lee pulled out his cell phone when it started vibrating. “HELLO!” he answered eagerly.
Gaara and Neji watched as Lee's bright smile began to disappear. “What. When did this happen?” Pause. “I'm on my way right now. I'll be there soon. Bye.” He hung up.
Gaara was the first to talk. “Is…is everything okay?” he asked. The red head was not use to the whole `caring for others thing.' This was quite new to him.
“No…My mom had an accident. She's in the hospital. I'm sorry Gaara and I have to leave. Do you want me to drop you off home?”
Gaara shook his head. “No, you go. I was supposed to spend the night at Naruto's anyway.”
“I hope your mother is okay.” Neji said in support.
Lee smiled at them both before walking up to Gaara and placing a kiss on his cheek. He waved and walked away from the two stunned boys.
Neji watched as Gaara lightly touched his cheek, a small smile forming, causing Neji to frown. Ignoring the feeling he had, he spoke to Gaara. “Do you mind if I walked home with you…and Naruto?” Neji silently cursed himself for forgetting Naruto. He was the entire reason he was walking home with them!
“…Sure but what about Sasuke?”
Neji waved his hand dismissively. “He went home already.” Neji replied with a smile.
“I see. Well, once we find Naruto, we can leave. I really don't feel like being here anymore.”
It didn't take long for the two to find Naruto. After there surprise of finding Naruto with his arm around Sakura's waist, Gaara nearly pushed Naruto out of school and towards his house, Neji in tow.
Neji walked silently as he observed Naruto and Gaara talking (mostly Naruto talking). Though he tired, he couldn't help but stare at Gaara than he did Naruto.
It went without saying that Neji was a little confused. As hard as he tired to recall, what he felt with Gaara, he had never felt with anyone else. And he didn't know why! `This feeling makes feel really odd, especially when he smiles.' He recalled how many times he saw the usual emotionless teenager smile tonight. The fluttering feeling died, however, when he realized every single time he smile, it was because of Lee. `How odd…'
Naruto said his good-byes to Neji before running up the steps and into his house.
“So much energy…” Neji observed.
“Nah. That's only half of what he's capable of.” Gaara turned towards the older teen. “Thanks for walking us home. We appreciate it.”
“It was no problem at all.” Neji replied.
The two stood in silence before Gaara broke it. “So…a bunch of us are going to the mall tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to come?” Gaara sound almost hopeful.
Neji unknowing smiled at the thought of Gaara wanting him there. “I would love to…”
Silence again. Due to their quietness, Neji realized things that he did before like how close he and Gaara was or how Gaara's eyes never lost contact with his or how there was something stuck in Gaara's hair. `Looks like a leaf.'
Neji automatically leaned forward in order to take the leaf out of the red head's hair when he froze and comprehended the press lips of Gaara's on his.
The older teen felt Gaara's lips move and by instinct, he began to respond. He tried to call the younger man's name, but Gaara only slipped his tongue inside his mouth. Forgetting everything he was about to say, Neji succumbed to the slow yet passionate kiss.
For what seemed like a eternity, but was actually about two minutes, Neji finally returned to normal thinking. He grabbed Gaara's face with both hands and pulled their lips apart. Neji nearly groaned when he heard Gaara's whine as he slowly opened his eyelids.
“…Neji…”
“I'm sorry!” Neji pulled away from Gaara as if he was burned. “I…I got to go.”
Not waiting for a reply, Neji, made his way to his house as quickly as possible.
`I did not just do that! I did not! There's no way I kissed him!' Neji attempted to deny everything, but the present tingling on his lips told him otherwise. He miserably groaned when he thought of Ten-ten. “I really fucked up…”
Neji pulled out his key in order to unlock the front door. However, his nerves were so out of it, he kept putting the whole key into each hole. Trying again, he didn't hear the door being unlock from the inside.
Neji looked up in surprise when the door opened.
“NEJI!”
Karma was a son-of-a-bitch. Neji's heart began to panic and he felt like he wanted the world to just swallow him whole now. `I reallyfucked up…'
“Ten-ten?”
1 If you seen Lee as a younger kid, imagine him with that hair style. I say it was 10X better that that stupid hair style he has now.
Also, when I was reading over this, I thought that Iruka is super paranoid and Sasuke is friggin' crazy, but then I realize that there is a good reason for that, well at least for Iruka; I just think Sasuke doesn't like to share…
Please review!