Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting Dreamers ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
“Kakashi-sensei!” cried Naruto, hugging the silver haired jounin.
 
“Whoa, Naruto, calm down,” exclaimed Kakashi, feeling the air squeezed out of him.
 
“I missed ya, Kakashi-sensei, long time no see.” Naruto grinned, letting him go.
 
“It's good to have you back, Kakashi-sensei,” greeted Iruka, addressing his fellow shinobi formerly because of Naruto's presence. “So how went the meeting with Hokage-sama?”
 
“Ah, yes, the meeting,” recalled Kakashi. He thought to himself, the meeting was about Naruto. It wouldn't be good to have him here if I'm going to discuss it with Iruka. I'll have to send him away, but not into town. Then he got the perfect idea. “Hey Naruto,” he spoke up. “Remembering when you practiced tree climbing by focusing chakra into your feet? If you try that again and improve, I'll teach you a new jutsu.”
 
“R-really, sensei?” The boy's bright blue eyes lit up glowing with excitement. More than anything, he loved learning new skills and Kakashi knew it. “Okay, Kakashi-sensei. I'm gonna practice over there.”
 
“Alright, Naruto. Do your best.” Kakashi winked, his uncovered eye visible, and gave Naruto a thumb up.
 
As Naruto scampered off, eagerly engaged in training, Kakashi and Iruka were alone. Just for added privacy, they wandered by the thick trunk tree with the swing, where no one could see or hear them.
 
Iruka leaned his back against the large supportive trunk, sinking down to the ground. Kakashi slid down beside him. The two of them nestled together between massive banyan roots that dug deep into the earth supporting them. Above the ground they grew high, enclosing the two from the world around them. And overhead, the banyan's low hanging canopy sheltered them, to keep even the birds from peeking.
 
Although it'd been only a few hours since Kakashi and Iruka last saw each other, in their minds an unbearable eternity had pasted. Iruka grabbed Kakashi, slipping his mask down to his chin. It felt so good feeling his lover's lips press against his in a passionate kiss. Kakashi moaned sucking on the chuunin's lower lip, tasting it with his tongue. It parted Iruka's lips, taking in the warm and wetness of the cavern it explored. Tongue played against tongue in a silly, almost playful duel, each one's tongue rolling off the other. They laughed as saliva drooled out the corners of their mouths, wetting their cheeks with split.
 
“That was gross and fun,” chuckled Iruka, wiping off his mouth with the edge of his sleeve.
 
“There's a lot more I can do with my tongue than that,” teased Kakashi, laughing back. “But back to what the Hokage said. He's pushing back the chuunin exams until Konoha has repaired the damage from the earthquake. Hokage-sama has suggested that during that time, you, Naruto-kun and I take some time off.”
 
“Any particular reason?” inquired Iruka.
 
“Right now, the boy's emotional state is unstable. You saw what happened when Kyubi almost came out, right? The risk is too great if another incident like that occurs,” explained Kakashi.
 
“So, Hokage-sama wants him sent away until he settles down,” concluded Iruka.
 
“Yeah, more importantly he needs to soul search. Its bad for him to go around thinking he's a looser if others don't care about him.” Kakashi thought, and of course Iruka-kun, it's a chance for me to spend time with you.
 
“Hey, hey, Kakashi-sensei.” With the rustling of leaves Naruto landed in front of them coming down from the foliage above. “I've already mastered tree climbing. So what's this new jutsu?” Anticipation filled him.
 
Kakashi pulled his mask up, crouching over towards Naruto. “It's a skill I learned through my sharingan from an old friend of mine, Rin, a medical ninja.”
 
Naruto raised a brow. He had seen Kakashi demonstrate a variety of attack jutsu during the battle with Zabuza, yet never imagined his sensei knew a healing jutsu as well.
 
“Come here, Naruto-kun.” Kakashi wrapped one hand around Naruto, placing the other over his chest on the boy's beating heart. He closed his single visible eye, chanting a strange incantation. A glow of blue chakra materialized from his hand, flowing into Naruto's. The chakra felt peaceful, like a gentle wave washing over his body. Naruto's normally turbulent mind, chaotic like a storm of conflicting emotions calmed, stilling it like the surface of a clear and tranquil pond. His conscious awareness deepened, his breath slowed down, and he felt the heat of his own chakra envelop his body, becoming aware of his very own life force. Whatever rage and turmoil awakened Kyubi sunk from his conscious to the pond below.
 
Naruto never felt this centered and grounded in his body. “Kakashi-sensei…”
 
“I call this jutsu Stillness of the Mind.” Kakashi's subtle smile showed itself in the softening of his uncovered eye. He thought to himself, this jutsu isn't much, though it's the least I can do to heal him, Hokage-sama…
 
“Thanks, Kakashi-sensei.” Naruto felt deeply touched by Kakashi's compassion. He realized Kakashi-sensei really cares about me. He never spent time with Sakura-chan, Sasuke and I, taking us out to lunch, or going places like the other jounins did, so I assumed he just didn't care. But he does, he just shows it in his own way.
 
Naruto's happiness spilled out in a broad smile, and twinkled in his eyes. His thoughts continued: It feels so good to be acknowledged like the time when Iruka-sensei gave me my forehead protector. I know that when someone acknowledges me, and I'm loved, and I'm not alone. Love heals the loneliness and suffering in life, which are the wounds of the heart.
 
He reached up and hugged Kakashi. Iruka smiled, sensing Naruto's heartfelt joy.
 
TBC…