Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forest Orphan ❯ Shadow,Skye's Memories ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Last Name:Shadow First Name:Skye Age:13/14
DOB:10/18 Born In:Yumegakure Current Village:Konohagakure
Rank:Used to be ANBU and is now starting over again as a genin with elite skills.


My name is Shadow,Skye,a kitsune hanyou,if you don't know then I'm a half breed fox,although I don't know what my other half is.Today is October 5th,13 days before my birthday and I miss my unblood-related brother,Uchiha,Itachi.We aren't really step siblings or anything,he was just a brother to me.He genuinely loved me.He is importantant to me because he took me in when he was on one of his missions to the Yumegakure.He had been assigned to help pick up the broken pieces of the empty,dead,village that was once beautiful and to find whatever else he could.Itachi found me in a pond of my own blood and spring water.He picked me up in those warm arms,hid me from his teammates,fed me and clothed me in his own clothes.They were always so big on me that he would laugh at me and call me cute.
Thats one thing I hated about him,I was a stranger and he would talk to me and even tease me like that.Oh excuse me,I forgot to describe myself.Okay,I am Shadow,Skye,born on October 18th in Yumegakure,a shinobi village where I trained as soon as I learned to walk at one years old.My hair is long and black with silver streaks now like when Itachi found me but he had me cut it short to pass me off as a boy.I was eight years old with my birthday coming up back then with the shinobi skills of a beginning chuunin.My village was attacked and I had tried to protect everything at once,my family,friends,classmates,teachers...but I failed miserably and was left to die.
I had the power to change into either a wolf or a fox.Now I have many forms that are at my disposal.My clothes were torn,wounds covered me all over along with bruises and my left arm was broken,twisted around in an inhumane way.I'd lain there for two days before the Konoha shinobi came in.I managed to crawl away by using my right arm to drag myself across the dirt silently,leaving a bloody mud trail behind me.It rained on the same day and I fell into the spring.I almost drowned then turned face up.The darkness ebbed upon me and I slipped into unconscious,reliving the massacre over and over.
When I awoke,I was bandaged and in nothing but bandages.I looked around for my clothes and instead found a boy there in ANBU clothing.He looked so mature that I had no idea how old he was.I reached for a kunai but found the my weapons and ninja gear were next to him.He turned around and smiled,"Oh you're awake?I hope you don't mind that I took off your clothes to bandage you up.",I leaped out of the makeshift bed mat on the ground and lunged for him to punch with my left arm but was instead stopped by the throbbing pain in my arm,I was about cry out when he covered my mouth,"Sshh..I'll be found out and you'll be taken away."
After a while,he let go and handed me a pair of his own clothes which I changed into breifly.His team mates never found out about me.When I woke up one morning,I found myself next to some boy's chest.I looked up and paniced.It turned out to be Itachi so I calmed down while he told me I should hide and be quiet when his team mates were around. I told him my name,but he insisted on calling me Chi-ze because he thought it was cuter.
When I told him my name was Chi-ze,it was the first time I had spoken to him.I grew tired of telling him over and over that my name isn't Chi-ze,but he never gave up so eventually I gave up and let him call me Chi-ze.I got used to him and we talked often.
When his mission was over,I followed him in the form of a grey wolf with red eyes.One of his team mates attacked me and had Itachi deal the final blow when it darted into the brush.Itachi tried to do it but I turned into my normal form in time so he'd recognized me.He did at the right moment then told me to be a wolf again,and told his team that I would be his new pet.
I reverted to my normal form infront of his father on accident when he took me to his room.Itachi's dad didn't see the wolf part,he just saw the normal me where Itachi had set a sleeping grey wolf.Later,his family had forgotten my half demon side and that I wasn't apart of their clan,then gave me the Uchiha name.
Itachi always called me Chi-ze,I kept telling him to stop it,but he didn't,I gave up again and allowed him to enroll me at the academy in Konoha.On my new ninja record,I was marked as Chi-ze and then later tagged as 'Uchiha,Chi-ze' becoming apart of the Uchiha family.I still had no room,so I continued sleeping with Itachi.
I was introduced to his younger brother,Sasuke soon after joining the Uchiha clan.He was a beautiful young boy with pale skin and I had bumped into him often around the house.He was still in the academy while I was already a chuunin in Konoha with jounin rank skills,he was two years younger than me and was really cute.He seemed a little shy,so I introduced myself first.
The next day Itachi's dad said I have to start sleeping with Sasuke instead of Itachi.So I did,Sasuke was always nervous when this first started out.That was so funny the way his face would turn red.I remember,during the time when he was around seven while I had just turned ten,I had to subsitute teach for Iruka-sensei because he was busy with a meeting regarding me.Sasuke was popular with all the girls and I couldn't blame them.
That was when I met Uzumaki,Naruto,a very energetic blonde who wanted to be Hokage someday.I felt sympathetic because he was the Kyuubi boy but I liked him a lot.He was always so lonely and I hated how people shunned him so much.I befriended him and he took to the habit of calling me "Onee-chan",which made Sasuke jealous.
"She's MY Onee-chan Naruto!!Back OFF!!!",he yelled one day in class.Naruto just grinned,"She's my Onee-chan too.",Sasuke growled until I walked over,"Sasuke-kun,Naruto-kun..",I began as I wrapped my arms around both of the younger boys,"I can be Onee-chan to BOTH of you so no fighting,ne?",I gave them a smile and that was it.
I was happy that I could tutor both Naruto and Sasuke at the same time.Those two were my favorite boys in the class.It was pretty easy,even when others needed my help.I had all the people who wanted help come to me in the left corner.Sasuke and Naruto would always fight to make sure they were on either side of me.
Then one night,Itachi told me to stay at the gates of Konoha.I had packed all my bags and snuck out at night,exactly like her ordered me to.I respected him and would follow him anywhere.There was the faint smell of fire from smoke and I could here a young boy screaming.
"Sasuke..?",I said to myself that night before Itachi appeared at the gates,blood covering him all over.His headband was scratched then he grabbed my hand and led me away from Konoha,saying that now,he and I were missing nin.I was shocked but listened.I had left the two boys who needed me most in Konoha;Naruto the shunned outcast with a demon inside,and especialy Sasuke,the lonely boy who was now an emotionally scarred orphan.Both thought I was killed.
When Itachi and I were separated after a year of staying together,I stayed at Sunagakure and became a jonin,in charge of teaching a class of academy students.One was Gaara,the outcast of the village like Naruto in Konoha.I befriended him and he looked up to me.One day he told me I was the only one who ever loved him.I was cautious of his sand,but not too cautious to have fun.Then,I eventually left at the age of 13,when Gaara was a genin.The village had forced me out because Gaara was becoming humane.I went back to Konoha and applied as Shadow,Skye and not Chi-ze.For a year I was trained secretly in Konoha under a man in the ANBU Black Ops named Hatori-sensei,never allowed to leave and venture out unless I was in uniform.I joined the ANBU squad for a while until,to my surprise,Iruka-sensei was there during meetings about me.
I had put up a full human look with black hair with a mess of light brunnette,strawberry red,caramel brown,chocolate brown,and dirty blonde highlights along with my real eye color,which was peculiar in itself.Along the inside of the rim of my eyes was a faint amethyst haze with shades of darker purple and lighter lavendar dotted around in the haze with some white specks until it faded into icey blue with ocean blue stroke around the eye along a thin,hard to notice,silver ring.Specks of silver,like moondust,and snowy white mixed in with shades of blue like cerulean,indigo,sky,navy,and ocean.My eyes were basically a pretty haze of color.In total,there were around five thin silver circles in my eyes.
As an extra measure,I even sealed my fox ears and tail,just in case,which resulted in whiskers on my cheeks like Naruto's,and pointed fangs.I've grown to be 5'4" now and I'm thirteen now until my birthday soon.I'm in the ANBU Squad but now I will have to leave it and become a genin again her in Konoha.I will join Team 7,lead by Hatake,Kakashi with team mates I didn't know the name of yet.I never expected that I would see two familiar faces on my team and would have to work with people of my past in my new adventures as a Konoha genin by the name of Shadow Skye....