Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forest Orphan ❯ Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Raine Koutei

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Awoke from my nap with a start, and then looked up at the sun,” It’s time." I muttered to myself as I got up and brushed off my white kimono. It was a simple thing, pure white and a little tight with a slit cut over the upper arms, showing my white bandages under that covered most of my upper body to my wrists. Long black sleeves came off the slit with white stitching white the white had black stitching and a black sash that wrapped around my abdomen and over my right shoulder.
It showed most of my chest which was covered my a skin tight black suit that was backless, sleeveless, wrapped around my neck with a collar that had a silver buckle, and went to about my knees like shorts under the short, white hem with slits on the sides revealing the shorts and made for easy access to my kunai pouch on my right leg, strapped over white bandages.
On my hands I had black, fingerless gloves that strapped around my wrist with a buckle on the outward sides, hidden weights in the palms and heavy iron knuckles made them strong gloves that were heavy and delivered serious blows.
My sandals were just black and my pouch showed on its black belt under my sash on the left side where a twin blade that matched the one on the right.
I lowered myself into a steady crouch and waited with my mask on over my face, my hair was in a low ponytail at the nape of my neck down to my waist with a white ribbon that looked like the one that kept a thick strand of hair framing the right side of my face while my bangs were parted over the left side of my face. I waited a while longer, counting the seconds ticking by...There! I spotted my target in the middle of several shinobi.
My target was a missing nin that stole a secret scroll from Konoha. I telepathically called to my wolves and the got in formation. I tensed myself then leaped out from my hiding spot, clones on other branches came from above like me while my wolves came from the ground. I allowed my fox/wolf demon half to power my punches and kicks as I came at all sides.
In a flash, my kunais were and I was fighting them all off once they found out my clones were fake.I pinned them to trees with kunais through their throats and slashed them through with my katana. One of them was a skilled jounin who knocked away my katana and cut off my pouches. I ripped him apart with my bare hands.
I tied a chain around my ankles separately that had several hooks on each one then ran through the trees, purposely maneuvering my legs to stab hooks through their bodies until on every hook was a body. I tied the chains to trees and decorated them with dangling bodies.
I ran down to the cowardly Nin who dropped a heavy bag on the ground as he fell over in fear, “P-Please! I-I’ll do anything!!" he pleaded as I grabbed my blood soaked katana on my way towards him. I licked the blood from the blade as I glowered down at him. I must have been frightening, my clothes were drenched in blood as well as my face and hands, plus I had ended up biting one of them and drinking him dry so my mouth was bloody...
I took one long, quick last lick then flickes the sword down in front of him, spraying the rest of the blood on his face,” Return the secret scroll to me.",I commanded,” And I'll spare you and your pitiful life."
He nodded and took out the scroll then I reached down, snatching it away at the same moment he stabbed me through my right thigh with a kunai. I felt nothing but looked down at him without moving my head, just my eye liner rimmed eyes. I leaned down and pulled it out, licking the kunai, then stabbed him through the chest with my sword,” When I said I'd spare you..",I began as I twisted the sword around,” I lied."
I pulled it out then scavenged around, raiding the dead bodies that now littered the trees and ground. I walked through pools of blood then sighed and let my wolves feast on the bodies after I had finished. I looked away, the sounds of bones cracking in their teeth and flesh ripping apart. I retrieved my pouches and took the time to fix them before putting away my sword. I sighed and leaned against the tree the bag had hit when the Nin fell on the ground.
A whimper escaped it and I looked in to see a face peeking out with horrified eyes. It was a child, or more specifically a boy with dirty blonde hair that WAS dirty like his face and clothes that were muddy rags and pale skin, both with dried blood on it. Scars lined his body as far as I could see, along with bruises, burns, and some were getting infected since he had no bandages on. His eyes were ocean blue and he attempted to make himself small in the back of the bag in fear as he saw the blood covered face with fangs, ears, and a tail, all like a fox demon.
I reached in slowly and gently after wiping my hands on my sleeve, “Hey kid, what’s your name..?" I asked in a sweet voice, warm unlike the one I used when I spoke with the Nin. He looked around twelve years old with pale skin under the dirt and blood. The thought tugged at my heart strings and played a violin note on them, ' Sasuke would be that age by now and knowing him, he’s probably still as pale as ever...',the boy watched me with a little concern,” I-I don't have a name ma'am..."
I blinked, "Don't call me ma’am; my name is Raine. Koutei, Raine. You don't have a name huh? Well how old are you?" I said. He nodded,” Twelve years old until eight more days." he said promptly,” You’re TWELVE and you have no name!? Don’t you have a nickname or something!?"
He brightened up and smiled, “Yes, mama calls me Wretch!" he smiled happily,” Usually she just ignores my presence. I’m dead to her.", he looked at his scars,” I’m happy when she hurts me and calls me that. At least she knows I exist." he said, his eyes darkening into sadness. I pulled him out of the bag,” Well why are you in that bag then?"
"I'm gunna be useful to mama.",he began,squinting until his eyes adjusted, ”I’m to be mama's sacrifice for a secret jutsu to Orochimaru-sama .He loves mama and makes her happy. I don't like him because of the way he looks at me but she ordered this man,",he gestured at the dead nin, “To take me away and keep me in captivity until it was time. She also told him to steal a scroll. I’m already a chuunin but I...couldn't protect myself....",he said,then fell onto her lap, obviously weak from exhaustion. I saw that around his neck was a Sound village headband.
I sighed then turned him on his back and poured water in his mouth from a bottle she had in her bag. I hoist him onto my back and rushed back to Konoha, my actual mission was accomplished and now I have someone to take care of. I hopped over the Konoha gates then strolled through Konoha casually towards the Hokage office. People turned to look at me as I first stopped to buy some groceries, then some clothes for the boy while keeping him on my back. I ran into the Hokage office, setting the boy on the floor and removing the head band from around his neck, presenting it to Sarutobi.
"A boy of the sound? Why have you brought such a boy here?",he asked calmly, with only mild anger at me flashed in his eyes but alertness mostly occupied his wise eyes. I shook my head,” I intend on keeping this young man. He is age 12 without a name born to a mistress of Orochimaru and whoever she is, she plans on using her son as a sacrifice in some kind of jutsu for Orochimaru.",I paused, letting the old man before me think about the current situation, allowing him to contemplate my report before laying on my decision.
"Orochimaru…” was his reply to that while rubbing his chin in thought. I counted off three seconds,” I will be protecting him and I insist that you register him as one of our shinobi and enroll him as such. He has already reached the rank of chuunin in the Sound. I will personally be his sensei."
"There are three flaws. One is that he is already of the Sound. Two we do not know his name in order to complete the appropriate paper work. Lastly, you forget that you are transferring to Team Kakashi as a genin, meaning the position of "sensei" is out of your reach until you are officially a jounin. ", he said calmly.
I growled,” He’ll relinquish his loyalty to the Sound I'll give him a name, and train him anyways until I can be a sensei." I answered. Sarutobi cracked a wrinkly smile,” And what would you name him?", and for a moment, I thought about it. His eyes were blue like the sky in which birds would fly like fishes do in the ocean…
"I'll name him Robin, like the beautiful and noble bird." I smiled. He nodded and gave up,” Very well, I will give you the necessary papers after your mission report." I brandished the scroll before him and gave my professional report, detailing the shinobi, how I killed them, and how I disposed of them while he looked it over. I finished then waited patiently.
He confirmed the scroll, gave me the papers and my generous payment, and then dismissed me. I picked up Robin, as he was now named, tying his headband back around his neck, when Sarutobi spoke again, “He will follow you on missions and assist you until you become a jounin, then he will be allowed to apply as a shinobi here. He is allowed to wear the hitai-ate and during chuunin exams here, he is allowed to assist your team.”
I nodded, memorizing every word the old man said, then took him to a hospital where I bandaged him up and tended to his many wounds. He awoke later after I had left him in my bed while I went to make us food.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Robin

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
I awoke in an unfamiliar room in a comfortable bed with red satin blankets draped over me. My head band had been folded properly and was set on a bedside table next to the red and black lamp that was turned off. Two cinnamon scented candles filled the room with the soothing aroma. I looked down to see that I was in bandages that were neat and looked professional and that I was also almost naked. My plain black boxers, which were the only clean clothes I ever wore since my usual attire was tattered and broken, were all I had on, white bandages were wrapped around my toned physique.
I looked to my left as I sat up in the bed, noticing a glass of fresh water next to a delicious lowly loaf of bread on a plate. I was ravenous and remnants of exhaustion still left my body tired.Cautiously,I drank from it and felt refreshed, the cold water rushing down my throat calmingly. I sniffed the blankets and was met with the smell of lavenders, passion flowers, and roses. I breathed in the sweet scent then remembered that it belonged to that girl who talked with me..
Realization hit me. I must be in her room, in her house. She must have taken me home with her and was most likely the one who had bandaged me up and left that glass of water and bread on the take. I wolfed down the last of the bread as I thought about what to do next. The smell of delicious food wafted into the room through a polished wooden door on my right and was left open a little. I looked around.
The curtains were a pleasant blue by the window, a long closet was in front of me, feet from the front of the bed, with mirrors for sliding doors that almost stretched all the way from the window to the door. A dresser was under the long window, half as long as the window next to a chair. It was a simple room with equipment lying around on the ground and a basket full of her dirty clothes. I noticed her kimono under her underwear. I blushed dark red at the though then decided to look out the window.
I opened the sky blue curtains and let bright sunshine stream into the blue painted room with soft blue carpeting under my feet. I opened the window and leaned out, taking in the crisp air of the beautiful village under me. The house I was in was a large manor apparently, with a great view of a peaceful village. In the far distance, I could see a monument with the faces of four men carved into the rock. I looked down, noting to myself that I was looking into the back yard. Tall trees were growing around the yard, making the yard nearly hidden from the eyes of the people in the village.
A garden with flowers and herbs were to the left with a pond some where in the middle, shaded by a big tree. The pond was relatively large with a little wooden bridge, a bench by the edge, small waterfalls, and several fish swam in the water. There was a nearby vegetable garden and to the right were training grounds with dummies, punching bags, and moving targets this was all near a shed with no windows in it. A path from the door below led to a tall black gate across the yard and divided into several paths that led to different places. The training grounds were all dirt while the gardens and such on the other side of the path were covered with grass.
There was even a birdbath, two fountains, and three statues adorning the yard. One was of a woman with horns like a ram on her head next to the training grounds while an angel woman and a male devil were on either side of the back door. All three looked like shinobi.
I sighed, this place was like a peaceful hotel or something with its size and beauty. An image of the girl sitting in her kimono, without her ninja equipment and the blood on her, on the bench by the pond danced in my mind and it made me blush hard.
"Raine...Koutei , Raine..",I said to myself. I smiled and then realized that I was sitting on the dresser and leaning out in my boxers. I yelped loudly and fell backwards, crashing onto the floor, knocking into the hamper and making it fall over. Her clothes spilled all over me and as luck would have it, her bra and panties fell on my face. I panicked and cleaned everything up.
"Damn I'm stupid...",I muttered then decided to follow the smell of food and left the room in my boxers.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Raine

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
First came a yelp, then a thud and a crash as I cut carrots to put in the home made ramen I was making. In surprise, I accidentally cut my thumb with the knife. I sighed and sucked on it while I pushed all the carrots in the pot with the noodles and meat. I stirred then turned around to see Robin, as I had named him, come out of my room, stretching his arms and looking around.
He looked at me and I smiled, which sent a blush rushing into his cheeks, “S-Sorry to intrude Koutei-san.",he said in a sweet voice, obviously embarrassed that I was fully aware of his little mishap in my room. I turned around. I was in baggy black cargos with the same skin tight suit I had on under my kimono earlier, revealing the tattoo of grey and black wings on my back.
My arms were without the bandages, revealing the tribal tattoo on my right upper arm, the ANBU tattoo on my left, and the tattoos around my wrists of red and black roses with thorns tangled together in chains.
Under my suit, a dragon wrapped around my neck, its head on my shoulder, leading over my other shoulder, down over my right chest and past my abdomen, wrapping around my hips and descending down my leg to get tangle up in the chains that wrapped around my ankle, matching my wrists
Robin walked in and leaned over my shoulder, breathing in the scent of the food cooking. I laughed and put the top on the pot then turned around and looked at him. He was a little shorter than me and I wondered if he was Sasuke's height. I shook my head and went to the fridge, “Hey, is it okay with you if you live here with me in Konoha?",I asked him as I took out a carton of fresh milk.
I glanced at him as I reached into the cupboard and took out two glasses. He was obviously pondering this then looked up and smiled,” I’d love that. But I have no name so how can I register here.",he asked as he sat down at the table. I walked over, setting the glass on the table, then poured both of us a glass of milk. He nodded in a slight thanks and gulped it down as I spoke.
"I've already named you.",I calmly sipped my milk and watched him over the rim to see that he was doing the same. I set my glass down and smiled,” I’ve named you Robin. You have no surname so that all it is. Just Robin.",he blinked and I let it sink in while I walked away to stir the noodles.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Robin

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
I watched as the beautiful girl walked away, I looked at her back and let my eyes traced over the wings on her back and saw a faint glimpse of her hips where I saw scales tattooed on the skin, maybe to a dragon. She soon rejoined me at the table holding bowls of ramen.
Raine watched me as she ate then spoke, “I’m an ex-ANBU kunoichi now. I was well above the standards of Konoha’s jounin when I returned here after years of training in other countries under a different name.”, she began and I quickly understood that this was a secret that I was not allowed to tell others.
“I’ve come back and under the official circumstances and the fact that I was almost discovered, the Hokage decided that I become a genin and start over. I’m going to be joining Squad 7 lead by Hatake Kakashi.“, she explained and I wondered what this had to do with me.
“The Hokage’s decision was that you relinquish your loyalty to Orochimaru and become my servant. You wear the hitai-ate, assist the team, come on missions, and you can help us as a part of the team during the Chuunin exams but you are not allowed to become a shinobi and move among the ranks until I become a jounin.”, Raine watched me and I slurped my noodles.
“Should I be happy or disappointed?”, I looked up at her smiling face, “I’m going to train you before that time and when you do apply, I will be your sensei.”

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Raine

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX< br />
Robin’s face lit up and I smiled then looked at the clock, ”Ah, it’s time for us to get ready for our first day.”
Before I could pick up his plate and glass, Robin gathered them up with lightning speed, taking the bowl from her hand then tossing the empty glass into his hand, ”I’ll clear the table while you get ready then I will too.”
“There’s two bathrooms.”, I pointed out while he put the dishes and the sink, ”Yeah I know I’ll be done in a minute or two.”
I shrugged and went off to her room, leaving the sounds of dishes clanking together. A pale hand with slender fingers ending with long, perfect, black nails ran through her silky black hair and passed over her silver fox ears.
Lazily, I allowed my eyes to turn blood red and glow softly as I pulled the white ribbon from my hair and undressed to take a hot shower. I threw my clothes in the hamper after closing my window then went into the shower, letting the water wash over me before lathering shampoo and conditioner through my silky hair.
I got out, my body wrapped in a soft white towel then went to my closet and opened my drawers, picking out a deep violet purple bra with lacy straps, lace back, and a little bow in the front between the two cups along with a pair of matching panties. I opened up my pants drawer and pulled out black skinny jeans that fit perfectly on my toned legs.
With that, I put on a form-fitting, black, tank, boots, arm warmers with pouches on the inner sides filled with poisoned needles, and strapped on all my ninja gear, along with my jacket, baggy with a hood, pockets on both inside and outside, and long pull strings.
I unwrapped my arms before I took the jacket from its hanger in my closet. Where my skin was especially marred, I replaced with fresh gauze and wrapped some of the clean gauze over my ANBU tattoo. I glared at my ANBU mask in my drawer before closing the drawer and putting on the jacket.
It was a simple, black and grey checkered jacket, a little long and covered where her twin blades were hidden. I strapped my katan across my back with its red tassle on the hilt and walked out to see Robin sitting on the couch and ready with his headband. I smiled and tied the headband loose around my neck.
"You ready?", he nodded and we walked out. I smelled of strawberries and roses and my long black hair was a still a bit damp from my shower. I had my hair parted like usual and clipped my hair up instead of tying it back.
He was wearing simple black shorts and a baggy forest green shirt with forest green ninja sandals and his hitai-ate with its also green cloth behind the metal plate. Robin was wearing gloves that I had left out for him, leather ones like what I wore when I found him but took off. I sighed as we reached the bridge.
We were apparently early beause there was only one person there. My breath caught. It felt as if someone was playing a violin on my heart strings again while at the same time furiously tugging at them, close to breaking point.
I almost forgot to breath, as if someone had shut down that part of my brain or chained my lungs so tight that air couldn't possibly be produced.
There, standing only a few feet away, leaning on the railing with his hitai-ate tied around his forehead, parting his long, raven bangs and spiky hair, slightly tinged with blue in the sun, was Uchiha Sasuke, the person whom I had left long ago.
Along with his ninja gear, he was wearing khaki shorts with a short-sleeved, wide-collared, navy blue shirt, a white and red fan symbol on the back, navy blue ninja shoes, and blue and white armwarmers from wrists to elbows, slightly baggy on his rather slender arms.
Only, this was different. Sasuke's onyx eyes, almost like polished obsidian, gazed out into the water, sad and seemingly lost. He was ice now. Sad. Lonely. Broken.
I felt like I would cry when he turned those sad eyes on me, the sadness pushed behind a cold, slightly angry glare. His voice, now holding a more masculine tone than when he was a child, spoke to me in a way that made me imagine velvet, "Who are you?", he demanded.
I nearly spat out that I was his Uchiha, Chi-ze, but decided against it, "Your new team mate as of today, Koutei, Raine.", I answered, the effort of choking the words out calmly nearly killing me.
"Uchiha Sasuke." he said simply. I nearly screamed to him that I knew who he was but again went against my own wishes, "Nice to meet you.", my heart ached and my voice, I could hear how level it was and how utterly apathetic I sounded. Good. I didn't want him to know me, not yet.