Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Picture ❯ Recovered Memory ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Uchiha... Sasuya?...." he repeated. Sasuya nodded to confirm. "But... That would make you.... Sasuke's sister?"
“Um… I'm not sure… Who is he?...” she asked.
"Only the world's biggest idiot!" he said as his volume increased. "He's stupid and always gets in the way of things!!"
"Is he really that bad?"
"What do you mean you're not sure..." he asked changing the subject. Sasuya didn't reply for a moment. She searched for the right words to explain everything.
"I'm not exactly sure, if I have a family..." she said with her eyes downcast. Strangely this wasn't surprising to Naruto... He didn't have a family and never did. "I was left at the orphanage at Hoshi Village. I think my parents wiped my memory before they put me there. I don't know what happened, but the next thing I remember was waking up there. Then when put my head back down on my pillow I found a picture underneath it. It was the same photo I was looking at today. I suddenly got this really intense headache. Some pieces of my memories were coming back to me... I remembered some and I could remember my family's faces; but I could never remember their names..." The two genins had arrived in front of the room Sasuke was staying in. Naruto opened the door to the sunlit room. The window was open and the curtains were swaying in the light breeze.
"Is that idiot ok?" Naruto asked.
"Don't call Sasuke-kun that!" Sakura shot. She looked back at Sasuke. "The nurse said that is was just a really bad headache." Sakura felt his forehead the check his fever. "His head is still warm... I hope he's ok..."
"Oh here's your photo back!" Naruto cheerfully said as he handed her the wrinkled picture.
"Arigatou." She said as she bowed to him. She took another look at the picture and looked at Sasuke. Her eyes grew wider as she saw the resemblance. Her head started to ache and she got a little dizzy, but was able to maintain her balance. "Um... Who was this guy again?"
"Oh, Sasuke." Naruto said.
"Arigatou." she said again with a bow and left the room.
 
* * *
 
"Hey! What happened to you?!" the young Sasuke asked his sister. She had some dirt on her face, her hair was messed up, and she had a few bruises here and there.
"Nothing... Why don't you just mind your own business?" she said.
"I'm worried! Who did this to you!"
"No one! Just leave me alone!" Sasuke ran to where his sister had just come from, the park.
 
"Wow! If we sell this necklace we can make a lot of money!" One boy said.
"Yeah! We made that little girl go crying to her mommy!" Another boy crooned.
"What should we spend the money on?" The last boy asked excitedly.
"You're not going to be able to sell it..." Someone interrupted. "You shouldn't be stealing from little girls. Especially if it's my sister." Sasuke said in this ice cold voice. "You should give that back while you have the chance."
"What if I don't feel like it?" The first boy asked nastily. Sasuke walked up to him and punched him clear in the face. The boy fell back from the impact and clutched his nose. The thick blood streamed through his hands and dripped onto the grass.
"Ok. Now which one of you has my sister's necklace?" Sasuke asked sternly while his eyes gave each kid a glare.
"Here! You can have it!" The third boy said stuttering. "It's probably not worth anything anyway!" The boys helped their friend up and left as fast as they could.
 
Sasuke's sister sat on the front porch with her eyes staring at the dirt.
“Why am I always weak?” She asked herself. Sasuke walked up behind her with the necklace in his hand. Pulled the silver chain around her neck and brought the two ends together.
“Next time tell me if you have a problem… I'm here for you...” He told her trying to make her understand.
“I need to fight my own battles Nii-san… I can't depend on you for everything!” She looked at him with tears in her eyes.
 
Sasuke jerked from dream. A faint ache could still be felt.
“Ah! Sasuke-kun! You're awake! We were worried… Do you feel okay?” Sakura asked worryingly.
“Hey! What do you mean `we'?!” The loud mouthed blond cut in. Sasuke didn't answer Sakura's questions. Instead he just concentrated on the little girl in his dream.
“What a weird dream…” he whispered to himself. Pictures that he had never seen in his life had flooded his mind. He then remembered how he ended up in the hospital. He took a look at the photo and his head started to ache painfully. He saw scenes of him when he was little. With his family, but with one other person. A little girl that he had never met. Who was she?
“Sasuke-kun?” Sakura asked putting him back in reality.
“Hey! Sasuke! How come you never told us you had a cute sis?” Naruto asked.
“What? I don't have a sister you dope…” He replied coldly. “Where's that photo that we picked up? I want to look at it again…” he said turning to pink haired girl.
“We don't really have it anymore… That girl took it back…” With that answer Sasuke got out of the bed and walked to the door. “Where are you going? You need to rest Sasuke-kun!”
“I feel fine… Stop worrying.” He replied with an icy look. He slammed the door behind him.