Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Picture ❯ Aching Memory ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With every step he took on his way out of the hospital his head ached in pain, but he refused to show that he was still weak from that headache he had earlier. But what bothered him the most was the dream that he had when he was unconcious.
"Who was she?" he asked out loud. His head still felt like there was a large stone in it rocking from side to side which each step he took; but over all it wasn't comparable to what he had felt earlier. "Nii san..." he echoed the word that the little girl said in his dream.
* * *
 
"Oi Sakura chan! Are you doing anything this afternoon?" he asked with a sunny smile.
"Hm? Um... No... I don't think I have anything planned..." she replied furrowing her eyebrows to remember if she did.
"Great! That means you have time to get ramen with me!" he said as his smile grew larger. Sakura pondered a moment on the offer. Well... I don't have anything else to do... And Sasuke-kun doesn't seem to want to be bothered right now...
"Hm.... Ok I'll go," she replied already on her way to Ichiraku Ramen. "But your paying..." she said as she ended the conversation. Crap... Why do the guys always have to pay on the dates?!
 
Naruto and Sakura entered Ichiraku Ramen and sat at two stools near the counter.
"Oh look! Our favorite customer!" the man behind the counter said. "A bowl of ramen with miso?" he asked.
"Make that two bowls of ramen with miso." he said holding up two fingers.
"Right away!" he said with a grin.
 
This is so great! I'm on a date with Sakura chan and Sasuke isn't around! Things can't get any better than this! Naruto was in nirvana until something brought him back to reality. Huh? Isn't that the girl that bumped into me today? he squinted too get a better look at her. Yup, it was her alright. She was sitting at a table slurping up some ramen and looking at the crumpled photo. She stared at it like it had all the answers, like that if she stared at it long enough it would change somehow...
"Hey! Ramen's here!" Naruto shouted happily. He parted his chopsticks and started to dig in. Naruto wasn't the only one who noticed Sasuya.
"Naruto... Isn't that Sasuke's little sister?" Sakura asked pointing to the girl sitting alone at the table.
"You know I still can't belive she's his sister... Besides... She looks so cute, and Sasuke... Well are you sure that he didn't fall and mess up his face or something?" he asked.
"NARUTO!" she shouted as she smacked him on the back of his head. "Don't make fun of Sasuke-kun!" she yelled. Naruto just finished slurping up the rest of his ramen.
"Naruto... I have to go... I'm not really feeling very well..." she said as she got up.
"Hey! I didn't mean to get you mad!" he said frowning.
"No, its not that... I'll see you tommorow Naruto." she said as she waved goodbye. Great... Now I have to pay... Naruto searched his pockets for his frog wallet but found nothing.
"What?! I must have left it at home!" he said frantically. "Hey! Is it okay if you just put the money on my tab or something?"
"Eh? What do you mean? You already paid for you ramen..." he said confused. "That girl who was sitting over there said that she would pay for your ramen..."
"Oh her...." he turned to see if she was there again but she was getting ready to leave.
 
Naruto followed her out of Ichiraku.
"Hey you!" he shouted trying to get her attention. Sasuya stopped and looked back at Naruto.
"Thanks for paying for my ramen!" he said with a grin.
"It was the least I could do for finding my picture..." she replied blushing.
"Oh yeah... Your picture..." Naruto said. "Hey... There was a question nagging at me for a long time... Who are those people in your photo?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows. Sasuya took out her photo that was folded up into a small square and unfolded it.
"Thats me and my brothers." she said smiling softly. Wow... That guys looks just like Sasuke... He's just younger. "I'm not sure what their names are... Or where they are... But I know I'll find them someday... Along with my mom and dad..." she said optomistically.
"You know... You should really go talk to Sasuke... He looks just like your brother in your photo..." Naruto told her encouragingly. She sounded optomistic, but Naruto could see right through her. I'm never going to find them... I've been searching for ten years... All the hope that she had at the beggining was chipping away piece by piece. Naruto just grinned and patted her head.
"Don't worry. You'll find them." he said with a wide smile. She just looked up at him with sad eyes. "And even if Sasuke isn't the right guy, you'll probably see your brothers someday... " he said as the turned around to walk away. He took a couple of steps and then looked back. "Just don't give up!" he said smiling.
 
"He's always smiling..." she said softly.