Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Yesterday ❯ The Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forgotten Yesterday

Summery: What if Itachi wasn't the one who killed the Uchiha clan? What if it was Orochimaru thinking that he was showing Itachi his "awesome" powers so that Itachi will go to him for power? What if Itachi wasn't even planning on wiping out the Uchiha clan because he met Naruto? One simple change of out look on someone's life affected many others's life and altered it into a whole new future………

Disclaimer: I no own Naruto, you no sue

Warning: Some Oocness, well what do you expect if they grew up in a totally different lifestyle……… spoilers maybe......... If there's more I'll post it up in the next few chapters………

Author's note: um……… here's some info so that you won't get confused. In my story, Itachi is 20, Haku is 14, Gaara is 13 almost 14, Sasuke is 13 and a half and Naruto just turned 13. The rest of the rookies are 13. Neji's team is all 14. The rest is the same as the manga.

Black capes bellowed in the wind as three shadowed figures stood atop the monuments of the four Hokages.

The middle figure was the tallest and had beautiful, sleek, ebony hair tied lightly at the nape, piercing crimson eyes with three black cloud-like shapes circling around his irises, pale skin, and was wearing a black cape that closes together at the hollow of the throat with a collar that stands up (think the cape that Itachi wears in the manga) and a row of red fire that lines the bottom of the edge.

He gazed at the village in front of him with cold eyes but his companions can see the longing in his movements. The muscles around the right corner of his mouth twitched slightly then slowly pulled up into a grin.

The second tallest figure was standing to the right; he has a similar hairstyle but shorter, pale skin, a similar cape but with blue flames and his onyx eyes occasionally flashed a crimson color with two black cloud-like shapes spinning in his irises. He was the exact replica of the first figure, only a little smaller. He too had on a slight grin as he looked down at the village.

The last and smallest person had sun-kissed blond hair that's kept somewhat short and spiky, skin that was slightly tanned, blue eyes that go slight shades darker when he experience strong emotions and a similar cape to the other two, only with orange flames. His grin was wide as he stared down at the village which will help him achieve his dream of becoming Hokage. He looked at his two companions and smirked at their content expressions.

"We're finally back, hn? I really did miss this place and I'm sure you two did too so what do you say to us stop standing here like bakas and get down there? Anyways, we don't want to keep Gaara and Haku waiting for too long. You know Gaara's temper." The blond suggested playfully and began jumping down the monuments.

"Oi! Naruto! Wait for us!" The smaller raven haired boy called down to the blond, then he turned to the taller boy and asked, "Itachi-aniki, shall we?" He then jumped after his friend.

The one who was called Itachi looked down at the retreating backs of the two boys and smiled adoringly, and then he too jumped down the monuments. The three landed neatly in the middle of a semi-busy street. People stopped and stared at them curiously as they haven't seen anyone in the village who wears clothing like theirs.

Suddenly, the three was surrounded by ten or so leaf jounins, one of which was kakashi, as they appeared in poofs of smoke. At his first glance, Kakashi broke into a warm smile that was covered by his mask as he immediately recognized who the three were and relaxed his stance.

Others began to recognize the tallest figure as well and they too smiled warmly as they relaxed their stances. One of the newer jounins, however, didn't know who they were and since they had no forehead protector he decided that they might be spies from another shinobi village.

"Who are you? And what is your business here?" he asked half formally and half rudely. Some of the other jounins looked at him with amusement all the while thinking that he was in for a big shock.

Even though the question was aimed at Itachi, Naruto decided to answer in his own way. "Is that anyway to speak to your future Hokage and his family?" Naruto asked loudly.

Sasuke smirked at him and added his own thoughts in. "Yes, that is no way to speak to Itachi-onii-sama and myself, but as your talking to the dobe, I guess it's only appropriate." His smirk grew into a grin.

"I'm not a dobe! Sasuke you baka! I'm smarter than you'll ever be! Naruto retorted louder than before.

Itachi bit his lip in amusement as not to laugh out loud.

"Hai, hai, hai, you have only said that about……… a million times! Yet you're still dumber than anyone in our group! When are you gonna make me eat my words? When I'm eighty and can't remember things, dobe?" Sasuke said with a smile.

"That's not true, I am not dumb. I am just somewhat lazy when we're learning form text. Tell him, Itachi-nii-san! Tell sasuke-baka that I'm not dumb!" Naruto said with a pout and fake tears in his eyes but the merriment in his eyes gave it all away.

"Hai, hai. Sasuke, Naruto is not dumb, he's just the laziest person you can find who goes around inventing useless justsus like the Sexy no Justsu." Itachi said humorously.

"It is not useless! I defeated you several times using this justsu!" Naruto exclaimed victoriously, and then continued in a sing-song voice, "~Onii-san is a pervert! ~~Onii-san is a pervert! ~"

A vein popped on Itachi's head and he held up his right hand that was clutched into a fist and bonked Naruto on the head. "Do this later when we are finished registering Gaara and Haku. Then you can argue with more people. Now shut up and let me do all the talking from now on." Itachi said in an annoyed tone.

"Hai, hai nii-san! No need to get physical." Naruto stuck out his tongue as he rubbed the bump on his head.

Sasuke simply nodded slightly with a smirk on.

The jounin who asked them the questions sweatdropped as he was ignored. He coughed to get attention then asked again haltily, "Who are you? State your business here at Konoha!"

"Does shinobies of Konoha now need to have a reason to be in their own village?" Itachi asked, amused as the jounin's face was clouded with confusion. To save the jounin some dignity, Itachi continued, "Very well. My name is Uchiha Itachi, Konoha ANBU squad 2 leader. My companions are Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto, Konoha academy students. Our business here is to simply come back home, is that a problem?"

A/N: Did you all like that? Well I hope you did, ples Review! Thank you! If you wanna discover more of what happened to them in the past and what will happen in the future, than ples review! And I'll try to update fast and often!