Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Sakura ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All Naruto characters are property of Kishimoto et al. I am just toying with them.

OK, It was brought to my attention that this chapter needed a makeover so reviews will be appreciated

Sakura

The whole notion of Naruto being alive exploded in her head shaking her hard gained tranquility as some feelings regret on her part resurfaced.
Plenty of time had passed and still that look of disappointment in Naruto’s face bother her.
Though it had been instinct for Naruto’s chakra was overwhelming she had truly neglected him, had feared him and worst of all had let him know. Without intention without saying a word; she had probably hurt him the most.
And now this retrieval mission, without so much as a starting point for the East part description did not match the rest of the document, she rubbed her temple it was interesting she had been selected, but then again she was the last shinobi from team 7 and probably the closest thing to a friend.
She had always known Naruto had a crush on her, not that it was a big secret, but even if there had been no Sasuke she doubted she would have loved Naruto the way he would have wanted. She did unconsciously fancied a sort of crush on him for a while, but
it was just one of those things never meant to be. Truth be told he had been invisible to her during the Academy years and even though he had grown handsome enough to make her blush and fearfully strong… yes fearsome was the word… fear was the expression on her parents faces when she told them she was to team with the Uzumaki child and a primal fear had ultimately led her to unwillingly betray him.
She could only remember her parents over and over to take care and not to get to close to him at the Academy, she considered him a funny lousy prankster without hope of becoming shinobi. She remembered her mother’s pale face as she learn of the team assignment and how she told him not to befriend him very much, for they would look for a way to allow her to change teams. She had her answer of why she had been assigned to Team 7, she was of a family who could not pressure to have her switch unlike Hinata and Ino, and that would have implied to leave Sasuke too who also had no one to make such demands. She had prevent them from doing anything by reassuring them “The Uchiha genius, would be there to protect me from the Uzumaki” Little did they know that it had mostly been the other way around. I was such a foolish child those days she reflected.

Sasuke Uchiha, the heir of the Uchiha line, the boy she would have dump everything for, her village, her family, her pride…
How had she been so blind! She still questioned herself
It still gave her the chills to think of the consequences had he, because it had been his decision, chosen to take her to Orochimaru’s lair. She would probably be death by now or worse.
Chasing after someone to whom, as he had later let her know, she was just a bystander. Naruto he had learned to respect even before he had left the village and was unwillingly indebted to for bringing him back and capturing Itachi and although he recognized that she had improved a lot; she was nothing to him but a girl who was selected to be part of team 7.
The time afterwards was no better Sasuke was officially allowed in the village after a long and tiring trial, where she herself testified; the conclusion was that probably Orochimaru had bended his will, after all the good things about the Uchiha family and the Sharingan were said.
He was reinstated as a citizen of Konoha, but his shinobi attributes where stripped and he had been place under the direct supervision of the Hyuuga family.
To the elders to recover the Sharingan blood line was worth the risk of allowing a traitor back. The other Uchiha had face execution, after he tried to escape from the life imprisonment he had been sentenced, killing 5 guardians in the process. He was detained by an enraged Jiraiya, that still was mourning his dead student for she remember that it was gossiped that he had said “this Rasengan is on Naruto’s behalf you idiot!” and the drag him to the elders demanding to know why this particular traitor was still alive. Sasuke was off the hook pretty easily.
Sakura still wonder what would have been the sentence if Naruto had been on the spot.

She had tried to be by his side, but in the end it was no surprised when he broke up with her, well... there had never been a “they” really, but even then she used to hope there was. He just one day asked her to stop pretending “I know how you feel and I appreciated all you have done. Believe me I have tried; but you got it wrong the dobe was after you not me, and though I respect you as a shinobi which is more than I can say for myself, and I could go on pretending. There is some pressure from my keepers to marry the Hyuuga heir, and as you know that is the best shot of freedom I have got. Sorry Sakura” he said leaving her not even looking back.
That had been the end of the illusion; again it had been his decision.

She had walk home slowly and finally… she collapsed before arriving laughing madly in a nervous breakdown.
He was right; the only kindness from him had been not taking her along for the Orochimaru field trip. If she wanted someone to care for her she should have dated Naruto all along, to bad he was not around anymore it was then her laughter turn to tears for the fate of team 7 and her ill fated crush.
It was then when Lee found her or more likely stumbled, he had been wandering through the streets of depressed for being separated from his hero Guy, for Might Guy was Gai sensei’s name. He had just hugged her and stayed until she calmed down enough to return home and later kept coming to check on her; little by little he won a place in her heart.
Fortunately for her Guy sensei had departed for a year long mission on the borders and Lee had remained behind to complete some rehabilitation treatment Tsunade imposed as her had injured himself again. After a comment he had heard and in order to accompany Sakura without being stared at he started wearing normal clothing outside of missions and eventually change to a normal ninja outfit that Sakura gave him as a birthday present much to Might Guy dismay when he returned to find his clone turn to a normal person even the haircut had changes well save for the occasional spring youth dialogues, those are trademark can’t go. So Rock Lee now looked like a normal ninja who practically kissed the floor Sakura walked.
This was well received by Tenten and Neji who had some suspicion on Lee’s inclination and were often ashamed to be seen in public with Konoha’s green beast, in this particular spot Sakura had to give the win to Guy his 3 students were talented and fine shinobi. Whereas team 7 was with one casualty, one stripped shinobi and her left as the only shinobi still standing sure the 3 of them had reached unsuspected heights almost as par with the legendary Sennin but they had had to pay a high price for it. For once it was Kakashi’s defeat.

It was on one of the Guy teams reunions that after seeing each other for two ears that out of the blue Lee proposed after all Guy’s team was the only family Lee had known. She had no regrets regarding Lee and she had grown to love him though Lee’s devotion to his former sensei could be irking at times, “just promise me something Lee, you would never wear that green suit again ” Se said as he kissed him and latter burned all of Lee’s remaining green uniforms.

The Godaime herself had made the union official something unusual for she had been quite reserved since Naruto’s demise.

And now that name again. She stared at the floating leaf on her teacup, and made a whirlpool with the spoon a name as convoluted and simple as its bearer a real Uzumaki.

Note. I always thought Maito Gai was the name of the Konoha green Beast I could even think on some kanji to write that name, but no I check his name believe it or not is Might Guy.