Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Hinata ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto’s characters belong to Kishimoto, Aniplex, Studio Pierrot etc. I am just toying with them in this non profit fanfic.

Hinata

Hinata sighed after hearing her fathers order “you will marry the Uchiha” she did not even questioned it, she knew it was no use.
It was not that Sasuke was not a good suitor, who once had every other girl in Konoha in thrall on his good days, she just did not care to whom she would marry; not anymore. With Naruto gone, it was just that she would have a constant reminder of someone she blamed for his death every single day of her life, more salt on her heart wounds she thought.
Father and the family do not mind he betrayed the village joined forces with Orochimaru and the gods knew what kind of man he had become. She perfectly understood the reasoning, but it did not make it right.
He did not mind either as he said “Whatever” in their arranged meeting.
For a while she had hoped he would marry the Haruno girl, but he cared enough for Sakura to marry her, she understood that well, too bad he did not care for Hinata.
She nodded resigning to her fate, at least she had been allowed to continue on missions and let all the arrangements on her family. After this mission however she would have to stop and become the perfect Konoha flower practicing Ikebana and bearing lots of children with the Sharingan or the Byakugan or maybe both if that was possible; she really did not know what the family expected their kids traits to be. She was thinking that as she trailed behind Kiba and Shino.
She indulged in other possibilities maybe she should elope with Kiba he remind her a bit of Naruto and was interested in her, too bad her family would probably make their life a living hell, for they would never consent her to marry the dog boy as they call him.
She was lost on her thoughts a bit behind her team mates, when she was caught off guard by an ambush. I can handle them, she thought, as she put herself on Jyuken stance… well she would have if she had noticed she had landed on a fragile ground that collapsed the minute she stood on it. “Kiba, Shino help!” were the last word she was able to utter on the surface before she disappeared.

How long had she been out she could not remember minutes, hours all her body ached and was covered with small cuts and bruises; her right leg was probably broken and her left shoulder was swollen; she seemed to had lost her jacket on the fall and the rest of her clothing was shredded and bloody, with horror she discover some bones, other unfortunate who had not been so lucky.
It was pitch black and used her Byakugan to look up and discovered she was not in a trap as she had first suspected but in a cave system. What appeared to be her jacket hung very high in the cave ceiling up through the tunnel she had fallen probably that had slowed her landing. Unfortunately, her backpack and everything else were hanging somewhere along that tunnel she had fallen through except for the kunai she had on her right leg that had to be pulled from her skin.
”Careless!” she cursed. Maybe Shino or Kiba would find her. Kiba’s sense of smell or Shino’s bugs would save her so all she had to do was wait.
There was only one problem the cave was pretty damp and high she was not sure if those two would be able to locate her soon, for whoever had attack them came in a large numbers and they would first need to clear that situation. She tried to raise to help herself out when she stumbled down in the dark falling in an underground river.



On the surface. ¨”Where did Hinata go?” asked Kiba to Shino as they both tried to evade the attacks. Shino did not answered they were outnumbered and Kiba and Akamaru’s wounds from the previous mission had reopened so he was more concern in keeping these teammates alive, for the moment.
Hours later Shino was carrying his injured companion accompanied by Akamaru and had set some of his bugs after Hinata’s trail. Hinata would have to wait he decided looking at Kiba’s state and being unable to trace her as it had started raining. He was too far from Konoha and had to get Kiba some medical attention soon, he hoped she had just stranded because Jyuken or not they had been vastly outnumbered.

“What do you mean with lost in action?” had been Hiashi Hyuuga screams at the Godaime Tsunade.
They were outnumbered and her teammates lost track of her.
Tsunade was still surprised Konoha's finest trackers had lost their teammate. She had order a throughout search when Shino had sent a message explaining the situation, he had stayed behind to finish the mission delivering the message, and had place Kiba in medical care.
Kurenai and Kakashi had been sent to aid in the search.
Hiashi could just not believe that just in her last mission the Hyuuga heiress had been lost, “she is probably trying to avoid complying with the betrothal” he spat “but she will come back and do as she is told”, as he decided to initiate a Hyuuga search party disregarding Tsunade’s baffled look at his priorities.
Sasuke had been more worried about the destiny of his fiancée to whom he had spoken only once and was about to join the search, when he was detained by ANBU. Oh yeah!, he had forgotten he could not leave the village. He sighed as he was escorted back to the Hyuuga manor.

Shino had finally found some leads on the forest to a very narrow tunnel. It had been a week and his allowed search time was almost over. The insects brought back a piece of Hinata’s bloody jacket and news of a body rotting on the cave.
He clenched his fists, Kurenai and Kiba would be devastated and he knew he will always miss this shy girl he considered a younger sister, the fall would have been deadly and he could not access the place with the equipment he had and had to report back to Konoha.

The body recovery had taken a long time the blood on the jacket was confirmed to be Hinata, and the body was too decomposed to be identified after it had been smashed to pieces by rocks that fell from the ceiling as they tried to access the cave to test it.
Hiashi mourned his elder daughter and named Hanabi the Hyuuga heiress less than a month after the incident.
The whole team mourned their fallen comrade and stood still as her name was engraved in the cenotaph.
Shino was still not that convinced, but he had too much on his hands for the moment to think about it with his jounin missions.

One year later Hanabi’s engagement to Sasuke Uchiha was announced to comply with the betrothal the ceremony took place years later as soon as Hanabi had reached an appropriate marrying age.

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


She opened her white eyes with difficulty everything was blurry, maybe she had drowned but she did not expected death to hurt so much. She slowly distinguished the forms around her it was a small hut and it seem to be almost noon; her wounds seem to have been taken care as when saw a cast on he right leg and multiple clean bandages, she still felt a bit dizzy and her full body ached.

An interesting smell came from a near by pot she could swear smelled like ramen her belly growled.

“It seems you are finally awake, child you have been out for one week now” a female voice said. The still confused Hinata nodded.
“We thought you were a goner Hinatachan, what happened to you anyway?” a painfully familiar voice added.
The poor girl felt the world spin and tried to determine the origin of the voice as she turned and tried to focus her eyes in the spiky blond hair figure with shiny blue eyes.
Tears started flowing from her eyes as she awkwardly and painfully jumped from the bed to kiss the startled boy on the mouth before passing out on his arms.

Years later, Jounin Aburame Shino was on the Konoha border returning from a mission; when his oldest insect became restless as they had caught track of an unusual scent from a small piece of pink jacket he had kept as a memento from a fallen team mate.
He tracked it to the source and found a beautiful white eyed woman playing with a blue-eyed black haired girl and a golden eyed brown hair boy.
“Thought you were dead!” He said trying to determine if he had not been caught in a genjutsu.
“Well” Hinata said blushing, ashamed not to have notice him before “Can we keep pretending I am?”

Note. Uchiha-Hyuuga both are aristocratic families and since they already have Sasuke as a charge they would probably include him in the family to watch him out and make him root in Konoha. I am pushing it a bit if they would marry him to the heir, but they would be desperate to raise the status of a perceived weak heir through her children. On the demise of the elected fiancée, the way to fulfill the betrothal contract would be to marry him to the next in line, as you remember I did not specify which Hyuuga girl he had marry.
As for a Neji-Hinata pairing those two would be like half siblings. And there is no way a branch family member would raise to the main family through adoption unless all heirs had died. Hiashi Hyuuga is not a bad man, but he is ruled by duty to his clan. He might like Neji but he is not becoming Main House anytime soon.