Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Hokage ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hokage

Naruto found himself on the ground in a tranquil place and he put his hand over his head to block the sunrays irritating his eyes; he tried to get up and felt some pain it seemed as he had fallen from the tree and had been unconscious for a while. There were people around him looking at him with suspicious eyes, hateful eyes, mumbling things.
He kind of hoped someone might give him a hand, after all what had he ever done to them” was a question that remained unanswered on his mind. He was 5 and the orphanage refused to have him there anymore, it was not a good place but he new no other.
Usually the boys would be allowed until they graduated from the academy, but his case seemed to be special. Maybe there was something with his face, maybe if he removed the lines he would be accepted so he scrubbed them from his face everyday until his face was red but the whiskers marks would remain, and then that mark on his belly that did not fade out either, but those people could not see that one right?, He sometimes dreamt he would just fade away into nothingness and the pain will stop, but quickly he shook those thoughts, he would not grant them their wish. It seemed that watching him cry made people bully him more eager so he had stopped crying and just show his usual grin faking he did not care.
He had chosen to sleep by the orphanage door for he had nowhere else to go. “Just leave monster” had been the words.
“To where?” he had replied only to see the door slam on his face.
He cuddled as his belly growled he wander the streets, he saw an apple mountain and ran to it, he usually would receive his food that way, he failed to notice that the apple he had pulled was on the side of a mountain of apples as it was the only he reached making them all fall on his head. He put his hand on his head and looked at the furious tender start chasing him with the broom. “Get back here little thief!”
The frighten boy ran and tripped with an old man dress in red and white holding a pipe on his mouth.
“Oh, oh!” the boy said as he tried to run, he knew better not to stay when people got angry.
“Stop there you thief!” the tender voice halted as the old man raised his hand and toss him a coin, “but Hokagesama”
The Hokage gave him sharp look, shook his head and summoned his assistants to help the tender with the apples.
“Is that you Naruno Uzumaki?” he finally said while holding the boy by the back of his T-shirt collar to prevent him from escaping.
The boy halted and screamed “Naruto! not Naruno”
“Come with me” the old man said.

The boy follow him noticing the tenders angry glare
“Why are you out?” the old man asked
“The lady from the house told me to leave” the kid stated
The Hokage sighed, He had heard the orphanage administrator ramblings for months, but he could not believe they had just tossed the boy out. He would deal with them later.
“Are you still hungry?” he asked
the blond child just look at him silently.
The old man spotted a small ramen stall and ordered two plates.
“Can I eat it?” the boy said not believing his luck.
It was the most delicious thing the kid had ever tasted, probably because unlike the food in the orphanage this was hot.
The Old man looked at the boy and sighed when the boy was younger and nobody knew he had been placed on a foster house to be taken care.
How or who spilled the notice about his identity was something he wanted to know, particularly because it was only part of the truth. It had been on the year before it was decided that he should return to office. With the Yondaime’s death it had been an uneasy decision, the Kyuubi had decimated the population and most people whether shinobi or common folk had at least one family member or friend who had been either killed or seriously injured.
Everyone was looking for a scapegoat and Naruto had turn into that scapegoat. For a while one of his daughters had volunteer to take care of the child, however the peer pressure had been too much for her to handle. His wife had been sick for a long while and he could not possibly ask her to take care of him. The orphanage had been his only option. It was not as easy choice, but he could not put a nursery in his office. He delivered the 1 year old blond personally much to the dismay of the administrator when she saw the blond boy. He had put a ban on anyone repeating the rumor and he did not doubted to reinforce the ban but the damage was already done.
The years had past and he had not had anytime to check on him. It had been due to the letters from the orphanage with behavior complains that he had finally announced that he would pick up the kid. Unfortunately he had an emergency on the previous day and had completely forgotten; which was the main reason he could not take care of him. He was unable to take care of a young kid.
He looked at him intently as he had given the kid his own ration. He had doubts about what the kid was to allow him to grow along the other kids on the Sarutobi family even if he manage to convince any of is daughters to take care of him. The inherent risk of a riot was just too high.
“So child you think you might be able to take care of yourself if you were given a place to live?” he said still trying to find one person who could take care of him. Jiraiya was not a good role model and had important data retrieval missions, Kakashi was still too young to be burden with such responsibility and the rest of that team 7 was done for. There was one person who…, but he dismissed the though he had searched all over unsuccessfully and was not in the best terms to begin with for they had argument about the Yondaime appointment. She did not even come for the burial he finally concluded.
The kid just stared and said “I could take care of myself if I were given food and a place to sleep”
“Well kid we will do that”
He finally decided to assign a small department as was customary with orphan working young shinobi and he would have some of his subordinated take him food or whatever until he was at an age he could do it for himself, there was the issue of him not getting anymore than the normal allowance other orphan shinobi’s got due to council pressure.

“So child have you decided what you want to do when you grow up?” asked the old Hokage to decide the child’s future lodging.
Naruto remained silent for a while.
The child was surprised at how many people greeted the old man referring to him as Hokagesama.
“Say jichan is your family name Hokagesama” the child inquired
“No child, my family name is Sarutobi, Hokage is the title of the village chief” the Sandaime answered wondering what the child was thinking.
“And anyone can become Hokage” the child asked
“Yes, but they must be trustworthy shinobi who protect the village, like the Yondaime” he said pointing the Hokage mountain and suddenly feeling some guilt as he look at the kid.
For some reason Naruto had always like that mountain head more than the others and he was happy to see that his new lodging allowed him to see the Hokage Mountain.

“That’s it I will be a Hokage when I grow up” the child finally said.

Note. This is a flashback episode