Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Mirai ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto’s characters belong to Kishimoto, Aniplex, Studio Pierrot etc. I am just toying with them in this non profit fanfic.

Mirai
the slim sand color attired figure moved through the gates of Konoha; she could sneak in, but now that she had found out Konoha had a new Hokage, she did not feel the need to hide her presence. She had come to pay her respects and leave, just wanted to see an old friend who had rambled about the Hokage title over various sake bottles long ago turn into one. Well and maybe visit that idiot Sarutobi´s grave and that other graves she had neglected visiting for so long.
She had heard the story, but wanted to hear the whole tale from the inside. The gate guards were a little surprised to see a pass so old in a woman looking no older than 30, and recommended her to have a seal by the new Hokage added.
“Hai, hai I will” she said, as though that brat is going to teach me new tricks.

The timing did not seem right though, a huge battle seem to have taken place and there were rumors of Orochimaru and Akatsuki´s fall, troublesome she thought.
There seem to be some difficulties to get hold on Hokage Tsunade, as she waited on her office.
The girl Shizune, the Hokage´s personal attendant, whom she recognized as Dan’s niece was trying her best to cover for his sensei’s absence. Two days and not a glimpse, this was starting to get on her nerves, she should be gone by now.
Konoha did not bring back happy memories for her or lately fortunately memories.
This had been a mistake, she thought ready to leave. On the other hand that seal would come in handy and the girl was not telling her everything. So she used a mind reading jutsu and found so much ruckus in the young woman’s mind she decided to intervene. So grabbing Shizune’s wrist, she said “Tell her Mirai is here, she will come”


“Mirai? As in Fuusen Mirai,” the Hokage asked in disbelief, dropping the scroll on her hands. All this years she had thought her dead. The Sandaime had looked for her all over without success, and now she just had knocked to her door.
Looking at her unconscious patient; still asleep under the effects of the narcotics. She breathed slowly. Maybe there still was some hope.
“Bring her here!” she ordered to Shizune “with the utmost discretion, do not let the council know she in back”
Tsunade washed her face and put on the Hokage attire, leaving the boy under Yamato and Jiraiya’s care, if she was going to ask anything from her old sensei she would have to do it as Hokage. That woman had more tricks under her sleeve than the three Sannin put together.

“Fuusen Miraisama?” she inquired as she went inside the room where the Sand clothed slim figure was waiting, now without her hat her short grey hair was released and she turned to her with her sea blue eyes.

“mmm the Hokage attire does suit you after all” she said looking at Tsunade “still using that jutsu, don’t you think is time to look your age”
Tsunade could not decide whether to laugh or cry, they had developed that jutsu together as go to parties after missions and Tsunade had end up using it always developing it further. In other conditions Tsunade would have continued that conversation arguing she probably was cheating too since the only evidence of her age was her hair but not now.

“Old sensei I need your help” Tsunade finally said.
“I am not taking over your post friend and I am not that much older than you if I remember correctly” Mirai said faking an angry tone.
“On Konoha’s behalf I…”
Tsunade was interrupted by Mirai raising her hand not hardening her glance with a sarcastic smirk “Do not Konoha me anything; there is nothing else this village can ask from me they already had my husband and my son” she said changing her tone. “It seems the Hokage standards keep getting lower, if you need an old lady like me to help you out, but I am listening, just remember I am just passing by” she remarked.
“But maybe this time Konoha can give you something back sensei, please follow me” Tsunade finished showing Mirai the way.
Shizune was surprised as she heard the interaction between the two women, who was this Fuusen Mirai to whom Tsunade seem to hold in such high esteemed, when she openly despised the council, from which she had not heard about.

They walked through the long passages in the Hokage Mountain until they finally entered the room where Naruto was being treated.
“A patient I see, I still can do that much” said Mirai a bit surprised to see the other persons inside the room and getting her chakra ready to tend this patient.
“But have you looked at him Mirai sensei?” Tsunade added.
Mirai looked back annoyed, a patient was patient after all, but heeded with Tsunade’s wishes. The boy had his eyes closed, blond hair and a face marked with streaks that made her gasped.
It was the face very like the one she had chosen not to return to Konoha for good for she could not stand seeing it looking at her back from the Hokage mountain.
“This can’t be right” Mirai said
“No sensei this is his child” Tsunade said looking at the unreadable gaze.

Thanks for reading and reviewing