Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Funeral ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto’s characters belong to Kishimoto, Aniplex, Studio Pierrot etc. I am just toying with them in this non profit fanfic.


I got a review yeah! I agree with the comment made by Yuenorei so I decided to review and polish the other chapters.

Funeral
Mirai awoke and look at the white ceiling; the light sparkling from the outside hurt her eyes as she began focusing, she noticed she was in the hospital.
It felt as though she had been asleep for a while and her joints ached as she tried to move.
She finally saw the image of Tsunade dressed in black looking at her from the side of her bed with red eyes.
“Miraisama, you had me worried” she said remembering the tense moments after the sealing had gone awfully wrong.
“How long was I out?” Mirai asked stretching and trying to get up.
“No, you need more rest Shizune had to reanimate you” Tsunade said trying to push her back in the bed trying to give her the news.
“How long was I out?” Mirai repeated looking directly into Tsunade’s gaze expecting a clear answer.
“A week” she paused “we… already held the funeral” said the grieving Tsunade almost bursting into tears.
“No baka, I did not fail” replied Mirai getting up a fast as she could.
Tsunade gaze seem away “He just went cold and I checked there was no pulse or chakra flow” tears running freely from her golden eyes “Sorry sensei I tried, but I couldn’t bring him back”
Mirai looked at Tsunade intently, was she expecting sympathy from her? Or maybe she expected her to turn in another tear fountain. This is annoying she thought moving her hair back.
“Did he had the seal on his abdomen?” she said trying to get a straight forward answer as she saw Tsunade not responding she heightened her tone “Answer me!”
“I do not know…. It seems the sealing went wrong and… I did not wake up until everything had pass” said Tsunade between sobs.
“The girl Shizune” Mirai said more as an statement to herself
“Sensei is time for the mourning, I am …”
“Devastated no doubt” she said to the surprised Tsunade “I will get Shizune myself and please get a grip on yourself you are Hokage for heaven’s sake!”
“Sensei?” she said surprised as she had failed to stop Mirai from leaving through the window as soon as she had changed into a summoned spare set of clothes.
“Shizune child” she said once she reached the Hokage tower where she suspected her to be “Tell me did you see the seal in the abdomen of the kid”
Shizune was surprised to see her for she was certain she was still unconscious when she reported back to Tsunade earlier and it took her a while to remember.
“Well the seal...the seal, it disappeared when he descended” she finally said.
“Where did you bury him?” she said to the astounded Shizune but on other hand “mind reading jutsu” she had no time to lose.
Tsunade arrived just after Mirai’s departure and decided to call Kakashi to appease the woman.
The two of them finally found her on the cemetery as Mirai was using an unearthing technique to take out the coffin. Believing Mirai had lost her mind Kakashi went to restrain the woman, but stopped at Mirai’s comment “I know what I am doing boy” and allowed her to continue thinking it must be a kind of ritual they had forgotten. Fortunately for them there were no visitors at that time for it was a bizarre spectacle.

A disheveled Tsunade begged “Please sensei let him be!” it had been bad enough when she had put him on the coffin neglecting to cremate him and she did not want to see him, not after 4 days.

When Mirai finally got to open the coffin she screamed “I knew it!”
Tsunade slowly opened her eyes to find the body of Naruto still on the coffin uncorrupted.
“How?” the pain stricken Tsunade said.
Mirai ´s eyes went to the locket on the boy’s chest. “Is that the Shodaime’s amulet you used to wear?” she asked.
“Yes” answered Tsunade, who had decided to bury the cursed locket with its bearer still trying to look away.
Mirai removed the amulet and injected some chakra into the cold body.
As if he had been under water the boy began to gasp.
The deep blue eyes opened and the boy looked around wondering what had happened.

Note.
In the manga the Shodaime’s locket is used as an aid to ease the Kyuubi so I imagine it was bound to interfere, here is why everyone believes him dead, as to why Mirai collapsed. Well this jutsu would have required a lot from her so her chakra reserve would be depleted.
Thanks for reading and reviewing.