Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Kakashi ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto et al. I am just playing with them.


Kakashi

Kakashi the legendary copy ninja, played with the cup of sake on his hand on the first izakaya he had found after waving goodbye to his former student.
The past days just made him want to drown all his memories in sake, but he knew better not to. It had not do a dam thing about his memories from Obito, his sensei or Rin and the unavoidable next day hangover was usually overwhelming; he knew one of this days he will have to do something about his survivor syndrome guilt.
He cared deeply for all of his students and to fail again in such a spectacular way. “What would you have done Obito?” he thought as he remembered the look in Naruto’s eyes.
Nothing, absolutely nothing was reflected on those blue dull eyes that had given him the chills. Death was a part of shinobi life and him dying had been one thing he had grown to accept; through the years he had buried all those near to him but seeing him again raising like a zombie with those dead eyes; was just too much even for him. He gulped another sip of sake.
"Great sensei I made; first I lost the Uchiha, the other two well I sort of quit on them twice and they ended following the Sannins steps in their cycle of hate an regret."
"If I could turn back time and refuse to teach them, would it be different?" Was a question lingering on his mind. “why did I accept to take a gennin team? or more why did I allow the Sandaime to talk me into this”
It was not as any other instructor could have done wonders with the team he got he sadly concluded. Well maybe Guy would have put them through his train ´til you drop standard policy to prevent them from ever having evil thoughts, he smirked at the thought of team 7 clothed in green jump suits blabbering about the springtime of youth for certain Naruto would have gone through it.
Asuma, his departed friend would have kept them bribed by a yakitori table; being the manipulative gourmet eater he was, they would have visited all the food stalls in Konoha until Sasuke found something to be enticed to forget his revenge. Motherhen Kurenai, he gave a half hearted laugh, would have kept them close by boosting their self confidence, she would no doubt hugged both troublesome boys into submission and then he the aloof Kakashi the great copy nin, the holder of the thousand jutsus had managed to dispersed them away. Many more if came, as he looked at the botton of the empty cup; but then Naruto was a Jinchuuriki and the Akatsuki would have come after him one way or another and Sasuke was way to bitter and that snake monster would no doubt have come after him due to his precious Sharingan, doomed from the start. He sighed “Poor Sakura, she deserved a better team”
He placed the cup on the table. What had become of his team? only one was a Chuunin graduate and the other two...
Sasuke was finally back unconscious and on the brick of death and Naruto or whatever remained from him was to be gone from Konoha. Kakashi felt the trade was not even, if there was a destiny irony in this; he wanted to beat the hell out of whatever deity had plan this, he who had vowed never to get attached again all those years ago after Rin’s name was engraved in the cenotaph. “I did fail you sensei” he thought looking at the Hokage mountain “but never again” he said as he readied himself to visit Sasuke in the hospital.

Note.
A revised it but I am still not completely happy with this chapter so feedback would be appreciated
Thank you for reading and reviewing.
Izakaya: Japanese pub