Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Endurance ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto et al I am just playing with them.

Endurance

Pain, only shivering cold pain clenched on his heart. He wondered if there was something else in this world for him. Naruto wanted nothing but to cower in a corner and cry himself out of existence, how many years had it been since his heart had felt so open and vulnerable without the protection barriers he had developed through the years. In his opinion this was even worse than the Kyuubi trying to take over.
Why did his emotions have to come back? And in this cascade of emotions that threaten to paralyze him, was an unanswered question lingering in his mind he fervently wished he had been kept in the slumber state he had been for the past 3 months. He breathed heavily trying to get a grip on himself punching the nearest wall and repeating his mantra “I will not cry, I will not cry”. While trying to show his usual grin.
“Because you are alive and that hurts, so stop fighting it or it will be worse” Mirai remarked patting him on the back.
“Or would you rather be like that Sai teammate of yours? I can arrange that” she smirked making her left index tip glow with an eerie blue light.
Naruto wished to nod, but Sai was too weird and gave her a hateful glare instead
“Fine you were heartbroken by a girl; what is the news, you are 17 you have plenty of time to have it broken many times over. Your friends hurt you; well choose more carefully next time. The village hates you; fine you have the same right of existence. You have a demon seal inside well…”
“Let me be!!” he hissed not accustomed to be near someone who pried on his head to get answers and turn his head away.
“No, I am really not in the mood to subdue your guest again. So spare me making both of us miserable.” Mirai casually said
“How can I?”
“Train as hard as you can, until you are so tired you will not think, once you have some domain over your raw emotions we can talk about the finer ones and deal with them but for now I am expecting you to train until you drop”






Later

“No, no, no, noo!!” Mirai said looking despaired at Naruto’s posture.
“But Jiraiya and Kakashi did not complain” he replied.
“Let’s just said your trainers have been over indulgent.” Mirai said massaging her right temple. This boy was giving her headaches and they had no yet started.
“But…” Naruto replied.
“I know, yes you can create a Rasengan variation and are very powerful but as Yamato and Kakashi must have told you that you rely too much on the Kyuubi’s chakra, I want to see your own”
“Yes, yes, I am the idiotic dead lasts.” Naruto mumbled.
Mirai shook her head and remembered breathing annoyed, if he is to become the master of the Kyuubi’s abilities he would have to surpass all his current abilities and become his own destiny’s architect; nobody said it will be easy. Wow that sounded deep, even for me, she thought entertained. She shook her head
“No!” Mirai said taking his chin with a hand and forcing him to meet her glance “if something you are not is an idiot...well at least not completely” she said releasing him.
“Really?” Naruto said sarcastically.
“You mastered techniques most Jounin would give their left arm for and have come in a relatively good state consider the conditions you grew in. Your problem is that you are brash, reckless, and impatient and all the other Jinchuurikis trademarks.”
“So then there is nothing I can do” Naruto complained.
“Well you are no longer a Jinchuuriki, you know that right?” Mirai added.
The baffled Naruto had a hard time with that concept “Well I still have my guest inside, so is the same”
“Becoming a master is quite different from being the vessel.” Mirai added
Naruto gave her an even more confused look and his stomach growled before he could utter a reply.
“But we will be getting nowhere with an empty stomach” so she took a pair of apples from her bag and toss one to Naruto
“You said you have a son?” said Naruto trying to change the subject looking at the sour apple on his hands. What I would give for a bowl of steaming hot ramen. He thought.
“I had one; he died 17 years ago in Konoha.” Mirai said trying to get more food out of her bag while giving her back to Naruto.
“Oh!” Naruto said crashing from his ramen daydream “so you hate my guts?” he almost whispered lowering his gaze.
“Why should I?” She turned back to meet his sad glance and then she remembered. She dropped the bag and turned to meet his gaze.
“No! you are not at fault; he was though. Being heroic saving the village, no you are not at fault”

Notes. These are small flashes of the training with Mirai.
I like this version better. Let me know what you think.