Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Team ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto characters belong to Kishimoto sensei et al I am just playing with them

Team
Sakura reread her assignment, shock as she was she had to decide about a team… now about the team recommendation. She hoped she could discover some flaw in the calligraphy but it was the characteristic Godaime’s writing and composition style. Tsunade’s letter told her the need to retrieve and the possibly force if necessary.
She wondered they had to be reliable, strong and that actually had met Naruto and not be part of his fan club, she thought discarding Konohamaru and the younger shinobi generations that had grown on Naruto’s epic adventures stories.
She went to Shikamaru, thinking she could now demand more about his I pass out story, but found out he was out on mission. Disappointed she headed back stumbling upon Kakashi, still reading his Icha Icha whatever.
"Yo Sakura!" he said in his usual tone. How could she have forgotten him, she slap herself in the forehead.
Kakashi had gave them all a surprise a while back proposing to Kurenai and taking care of Asuma’s kid as he was his own. She had not accepted right away as he just did not seem the marrying type of guy but had finally yielded and now they had small Hatake of their own. It was a still an odd sight to see him with a toddler on his shoulders and Asuma’s kid by the hand.
Sakura doubted she was already in this mess and as inner Sakura demanded “share the pain” well he was their sensei and if somebody knew Naruto it will be him after all he never stop being his sensei.
They seated in a bench in a nearby park while Asuma junior went to get some ice popsicles as Kakashi played with his son.
Looking at the letter in Sakura’s hand he said “So they finally decided to call him back”.
“You knew?” a very displeased Sakura said feeling a bit betrayed.
Kakashi nodded.
“How is this even possible?” she said. “Who did we bury?”
“Ahh…Him” replied Kakashi
“So they want me to retrieve a zombie?” Sakura said trying to find some sense into this mission.
“Not exactly” he sighted trying to hush her voice with the ice popcicle little Asuma had brought “however, I will refrain any comments until the team is complete” noticing the curious glares they were getting.
“Who else?” asked Sakura taking the popcicle out of her mouth “Sai is away and I cannot dispose of the Kazekage of Suna”
“Do you have to ask?” Kakashi gave her an evil glare.
Sakura knew who he was referring but wished she didn’t.
That was a name she did not want to hear “Does he even have permission to leave his house?”
“Well this is this not well known fact, but his sentence is not for life”
“Really so you are asking him to come? In his quality of citizen?”
“Seal or not that boy can put on a decent fight I would know and maybe that way he can finally redeem himself in the eyes of Konoha and his own.”
Right Kakashi had not abandoned him. She should have known.
“Who else?” Sakura said biting the ice and giving herself a brain freeze.
“I think a three man cell is all this mission needs, is not like Konoha can afford to put anymore shibobi on this mission”
“So cell 7 then, yes” she said rubbing her tongue on he palate to relieve the pain.
Kakashi nodded.
“Would it make any difference?” Sakura asked “I mean he is one man”
“Hope is always a powerful emotion, and I do not know anyone who can embody it more than our missing friend”

Note: We are on the regular timeline, there is more on Naruto’s years away but is in my other computer. I would really appreciate some feedback about the story Thanks for reading. I added the brain freeze part for I notice I did not explain how they were talking with two kids at hand. The technique is real is a way to relieve the pain from a cold induced headache. Though they do not play a role in the story for the record Asuma’s kid is already 10 or 11 and I think his name must be Asuma, little Hatake my bet is his name would be Obito and is small less than 3 years old.