Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Team part 2 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gumi 2

Kakashi and Sakura headed towards the Hyuuga complex after leaving Asuma’s kid and little Hatake at Kurenai’s.
The imposing front gates of the Hyuuga manor gave them a cold welcome, as they were admitted they encounter a leaving Hanabi elegantly dressed in a navy blue kimono with a flower design covered with a light blue coat with her sight turn from them sadly looking into the dark eyes of her first born whom she had by the hand. She gave Sakura a cold silver glare when she bumped into her.
The Hyuuga council had been giving her another round of how a Hyuuga main house should be, again.
“As it had been her fault” she had restrained herself from yelling at the hearing and with her dear secretive elder sister return to Konoha, but not to the Hyuuga’s manor she felt her position shaky to say the least.
If she could at least count with him…she sighed, but he was always distant and seemed eager to atone his sins by making himself miserable making their marriage a very dry one.
She was surprised to see her recognizing her, were they on speaking terms again? she wondered remembering a certain damaged gennin team picture; she had found by accident on one of his drawers while looking for a pen.
She did no dwell on it anymore and decided to go on out to distract herself.
“He is in the usual place” she said bowing to Kakashi and Sakura and leaving them into an attendants care.

Sasuke was practicing in the dojo punching a bag sweating profusely. Sakura’s green eyes focus on the black haired handsome man who had broken her heart all those years ago, who had betrayed the village and she blushed “bad girl” her inner Sakura yelled dammed some things never changed and forced herself to remember she was still sort of angry with him.
“So I owe the honor of having you both here to?” The dripping sweat Sasuke said stressing the “both” term while grabbing a towel.
“We need to talk, in an uncompromised location” Kakashi said.
“What they are reverting my sentence to a death penalty one now they have an Uchiha to replace me?” Sasuke said venomously.
“No, however we might find the atonement we are seeking” Kakashi said stressing the "we" term.
“Fine” Sasuke spat “where? and what about my ANBU personal squad?”
“Mmm, Sakura will talk to the Muidaime about it?” Kakashi added
“Hey!” Sakura said no entirely certain she wanted to go to Hokage tower again.
“Unlike you two I do not have personnel or can drop my charge anytime I can.
I have a 5 year old boy at home to take care, and considering my prospects I cannot overestimate my mother’s patience. We can meet at my place I swear it is an uncompromised location without bugs and the Anbu will not haunt you there.”
“5 years?” Sasuke said holding his surprise
“Of course, you do know I married?” blurted Sakura
Kakashi interrupted.
“Well Sakura be so kind as to give him the address and we will meet tomorrow after you are done with your hospital obligations for which I should add you must find a replacement soon and a babysitter for this mission might take longer than you intent?”
“Now we shall take our leave”
Sakura bowed and left with Kakashi.
The dumbfounded Sasuke hit the punching bag again
“Great!” Sasuke said

Sasuke arrived at the appointed time at Sakura’s house, a pregnant silence could be felt on the air and Kakashi was no where in sight.
Sasuke had stayed on the door threshold for 4 minutes before he had decided to knock, and another 3 before Sakura finally managed to utter a “Please come in”
Sasuke seated in the small but cozy Lee-Haruno apartment, that place had a home air he had not felt since he was a child coming back from the academy.
But instead of his smiling mother, He was welcomed by a pair of round eyes coming from a small black wood altar with Lee’s photograph on it. He look at it intently to recognize him for Lee had changed quite a bit from the fuzzy eyebrows boy he remembered.
Sasuke silently seated in the low table in the middle of the room as Sakura disappeared behind the kitshen door. “Where is that dammed Kakashi?” he thought “Oh yeah, probably being fashionably late as usual or as he will put it getting lost in the way of life”
“Would you like some tea?” Sakura said appearing with a tray, she kneeled and placed it on the table and started pouring some on the light brown ceramic cup she placed in front of Sasuke not awaiting his answer.
Sasuke just eyed her “I was sorry to hear about Lee, he was a noble and fine shinobi” he finally said.
Sakura’s pulse falter and she dropped some tea on the mat not raising her gaze to avoid showing a lonely tear running through her right cheek. “Sorry”
“You know you do not have to strain it; I supposed this is another brilliant idea of Kakashi. I know I was not really polite last time we spoke.” Sasuke said
“No, I am the one who should apologize; though it was Kakashi’s idea to have you involved in this. I am the one leading this mission not Kakashi” Sakura said leaving the tea pot on the table to remove that pesky tear from her cheek.
“Mission?” Sasuke ask befuddled concentrating on the tea cup on his hand.
They were interrupted by a jolly sounding “Yo!” arrived Kakashi “I see you are already catching up”
Both of them gave him a death angry glare.
Feeling the love in the air Kakashi cough and said “Sakura you should first give us the briefing as customary with any mission”
“You should be the one leading this Kakashi sensei, you are the one that is still a shinobi” said Sakura with angry eyes. While her inner Sakura yelled “Beat the hell out of this impolite geezer”
“A medical shinobi is a shinobi, and a missing and retrieved shinobi is still shinobi. Once shinobi always shinobi, was my old mans saying and a true shinobi’s do not let a team mate behind” He eyed both of them with his right eye.
“True shinobi, do not betray their team mates” Sasuke remarked bitterly.
“True team mates do not betray each other” Added Sakura coldly, to Sasuke’s confused look, for it seem it was not directed at him.
“I know what you meant now Tsunadesama, when you said we might regain not only one but 3 shinobi on this mission” thought Kakashi carefully eyeing his former students.
“I have retrieved a special permit, that would allow you to leave the village Sasuke” he said placing the scroll on the table “and it is an order not a suggestion”
“The same goes for you team leader Sakura” Kakashi added “and it is on Konoha’s best interest the swiftness of it”

“Ok, so is this some kind of sick entertainment Kakashi?” Sasuke stood and prepared to leave as he had heard the purpose of the mission “Let us make the Uchiha traitor atone for his sins I guess. I would have never thought it of you Sakura”
“Were you think you are going Sasuke?” said Sakura also raising.
“To check on his grave, to end this joke” Sasuke said coldly.
“Both of you, Seat!” Kakashi ordered seating down and pouring himself some tea.
Both of them stopped and turned to Kakashi seating again grumbling.
“10 years ago, Konoha held a funeral if you remember correctly almost 10 days after Tsunade’s return” Kakashi said giving the cup he had filled to Sakura.
“During that time you Sasuke were mostly unconscious; under arrest for treason in the hospital and you Sakura were straining yourself trying to keep him alive” Sasuke gave her an intrigued glance “and all your other patients as well for I remember there were plenty as all the medic nin except one and if you remember correctly Tsunadesama was nowhere to be found”
Sakura had always found it odd, but she had been too busy at the time to reflect on it, not that Tsunade had been particularly talkative about it.
“And I was locked in the old Orochimaru’s lair with Jiraiya, Tsunade and Yamato trying to keep the Kyuubi no youko from breaking loose and killing us all” Kakashi added


Note: Gumi is Team
I finally got the chapter. Not having reviews does not boost my confidence on the story though I will try to finish it anyway.
Still trying to find a beta so please PM if any of you are interested, mainly to keep it as plot hole free and less confusing as possible, also I would like suggestions about the main summary should I add more or replace it. It is not really Sakura centric so I am open to suggestions. I revised the all.