Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Kazoku ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All Naruto related characters belong to Kishimoto et al I am just playing with them.
Sorry for the delay but this chapter was sort of complex and had to go through mayor revision I am somewhat busy this days. Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Family
Mirai had tried to make him talk for days and finally devised a strategy.
“Kid if you could describe the people that surround you in Konoha how you would tag them” Mirai said after he had finish seal practice. Surprisingly the kid was much better at this discipline than she could have expected.
Seeing Naruto dumbfounded face she proceeded to give an example
“Look, let us see Tsunadehime she would be like a surrogate mother right”
Naruto was not of the meditating kind and he just took things as they came. Sure she was there and cared for him but mother on this last days he had painfully learned to think before opening his mouth so he carefully articulated “she would probably preferred to be called older sister (aneue) though she might be old enough to be my granny.
Mirai nodded Tsunade’s relation to Naruto was not easily described she often wondered if the Hokage really thought of him as a sort of replacement for Nawaki or as the child she could not give to Dan. “What about Iruka?”
“Iruka sensei, well I used to wonder if it will be like having a father, I know it sound odd though can you imagine that pairing”
Mirai sighed she did not know the latter personally and she had opted to ignore non relevant comments
“Jiraiya would be also a kind of father right?”
“Are you kidding …Erosannin is usually trying to trick me. No more like an annoying Grandfather” Mirai could not agree more.
“What about Kakashi?” she asked nibbling her mochi cake “would he be an uncle or father figure?”
Naruto respected Kakashi but he had become carefully distant after he had rejected him after the first chuunin exam in favor of Sasuke. Though the incident had allowed him to meet Jiraiya the famous sannin, it had left a tiny aftertaste of worthlessness even though he acknowledged Kakashi had gone over the board in his training afterwards “No I believe he would be like the tem…. I mean Sasuke’s father he even taught him the Chidori as a counter measure to my rasengan”
Mirai looked at him, she too had not like that particular incident but it seem the kid had took it deeper than she expected.
“Sasuke would be a brother an annoying brother tough now that I review this without the emotion cloud I am wondering why I went to those extremes to get him back.” Mirai noticed him clenching his fist.
“And Sakura” Naruto’s eyes became dull and reddish. “I used to believe that she a least considered me a friend but I guess I am just a monster to her too.”
Mirai look at him thinking those two would be left for later; so she decided to change the topic the kid was far from stable and she hated to recur to seals so he distracted him throwing him another rice cake she had on her bag.
“Catch!” “What about the children you hung out when you were little”.
“You mean the human black hole, the lazy boy and dog face I guess
They were all right, I have drifted from them since school and Kiba seem to have some grudge on me but he would not tell me why”
Mirai cough indicating to elaborated more.
“Ok, Chouji of the Akamichi clan with the bloodline ability to multisize, Shikamaru the strategist of the Nara clan with a contract with deer, Kiba of the Inuzuka dog breeder clan”.
“Much better, I perceive you seem, to think of yourself as unacknowledged child but those three were your partners in crime weren’t they”
“Mmm, we mostly got in trouble together Choji and Shikamaru are sort of close and I was simply an allowed add on as for Kiba well we usually get under each others nerves and end up discussing, though lately he is gotten seriously angry, not that their parent were thrill to see them hanging around me. One time Shikamaru’s mother actually chased me with a broom” he said half laughing.
Mirai sighed and continued the interrogation “Kid what you know about your parents?”
Naruto showed his usual grin smile, which Mirai had learned help him deal with things he did not want to talk about.
“I know nothing about them,” He said in the same tone.
“What do you think about them?” Mirai insisted
“I do not” finished Naruto hoping to end this conversation.
“What?” Mirai said sternly.
“I do not think about them,”
“Why” Mirai inquired
“I just don’t OK”
Had it been her choice Mirai would have left the topic, but it was a point that had to be covered if the kid was to become a worthy in the eyes of the Kyuubi so she would push it as much as she could.
“Naruto Uzumaki whenever you talk to me you are to give me full explanations and details!”
“What for, you already know” he finally spat and walked away.
“Maybe telling him she had accessed every memory he had was a mistake, but there was no other way she could explain about her knowing everything about him. The kid had to be very confident and certain of him. At the beginning, it had been easier just reviewing techniques and general information about the current situation but as the emotions returned Naruto felt he had been spied upon as his privacy had been so blatantly invaded.
“Is that the attitude of someone who wants to follow the Hokage path?”
“Whatever either way they are not here,” Naruto finally said with certain vindictiveness on his tone.
Mirai sighed admitting defeat for the moment noticing the reddish tone on his eyes again. She crossed her palms in a meditative stance, breathed deeply, and then said.
“By the way kid, you are going to Iwagakure tomorrow”
“Really what for?” Naruto said relief that the subject had been dropped.
“To the Chunnin exam” she said nonchalantly
Naruto went blank, “I am taking the exam..for real?”
“Sure, by the way do no to bother to return until you achieve the grade otherwise you will just be wasting my precious time” she said finally.
“That is all; meet me before you leave for I need to give you the identification papers Tsunade made for you Toruna Makiuzu.”
Naruto face glowed he had wanted to retake that exam from day one and always something got in the way. However, remembered something quite begrudgingly “And my team mates?”
Mirai glared at him and then realized he actually did not know.
“Iwa’s Chuunin exam has a special section for non standard teams, which means they actually assemble the teams for those ninjas without a team. The difficulty level is quite higher than that of Konoha for you will be basically on your own, but since you will not have Orochimaru, the Otonin and Akatsuki on your back it must be a piece of cake.”
“And since I do not want rumors reaching Konoha; you are forbidden to use the rasengan in any of its forms, the kagebunshin and you are to use a henge all time and do not dare to go into kyuubi stance or I will make sure you don’t get ramen again in you whole life “Understood?”
“But Baachan.” The youth complained
“Baachan me again and I will make sure your name is change into tuna” she said waving him.

Tsunade Fifth Hokage of Konoha

I am enclosing the documents that confirm that our subject obtained the Chuunin grade on Iwa’s special Chuunin test. Finally! He even got a special merit letter and some Shinobi scouts actually were after him after the event. I do know is just a technicality for we both know he probably has had the abilities of a jounin for a while now, but his tactical strategies still need polish. Are the honorable the council members still in office, let me know when they resign.
Your friend

Raimi Sanfuu

Naruto waved at Mirai who was waiting outside , he was extremely cheerfully he had obtained the highest score in the test without the use of the kyuubi’s abilities. He had a hard time on the written part but at least he was not as clueless as he had been on the first and had come out a champion at the final combat. He had needed to avoid Jiraiya's inquiring gaze after he yelled his trademark you’d better believe it!

“So, you finally discovered your inner shinobi underneath all the hot air.” Were all of Mirai’s compliments.
“You knew” Naruto was startled he knew she had not attended
“Yes if you are to be worthy of the kyuubi’s power you must be worthy without it.
Tsunadesan has been informed and told me to give you a hug, we will skip that and go to the gift she said giving him a scroll put it in a table first tough”
Naruto burst of joy when he saw the Bowl of Ichiraku ramen it contained. I was cold but Mirai did her Oyuu (hot water) no jutsu to heat it.
“Itadakimasu, nee ba… Mirai sensei are you not eating.”
Sorry kid but I am not a ramen fan, and neither should you as of tomorrow you will not get another bite of ramen until you prove yourself at Jounin level.
“Ba!’
“And this is the last time I reheat something for you so you better return to work on your elemental control”