Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Kakashi revisited ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto character’s and story belong to Masashi Kishimoto I am just playing with them.

Kakashi had a lousy night; so lousy Kurenai had finally asked him to sleep in the other room for she needed to wake up early.

Mirrowing images of Obito and Naruto saying he had failed them had troubled his sleep. Dammed Godaime; he should have also gotten a memory suppressing therapy.
Sasuke’s glare had left him uneasy. He was well aware that all his students have surpassed him in strength long time ago. ´They were quite cute when they actually listen to me’ he thought looking at the picture he still kept. About Sasuke’s chosen meeting place he had no idea it was not on the way out of Konoha; actually it was on the opposite side.
Better not risk it getting late these shinobis were no longer kids he could joke with.
One had the strength of the former Godaime and all her medical knowledge, which could imply pain a lot of it; should he mess around. The other was an extremely cunning and powerful shinobi who despite being at half his power could easily beat him to pulp if he desired and to tell the truth he had seemed more than willing to do so last night.
He shook his head; what was he thinking by leaving those two alone for so long. They had not probably crossed a word in ten years and he could not remember seeing Sasuke in a fouler mood ever since he heard she had married. It had been a dark evening and the distraught Hyuugas had practically begged him to watch over him. Were they actually expecting the mighty Uchiha to turn into a docile creature overnight he chuckled at the thought; truth be told his former student managed to scare him at times.
´Well, everybody makes and maintains their private hells.´ he reflected on how much Kurenai had insisted on getting his survivor’s guilt treated.
He had learned to love the red eyed shinobi in an awkward way at first out of duty to his deceased friend he had become a sort of paternal figure for Asuma junior but then it had gradually changed. She too had her own demons to deal with, and for some reason she would not tell was fond if not grateful to Naruto which in Kakashi’s list was good not many women in Konoha her age shared her view. She was perfectly able to protect herself and was a fan of the Icha Icha series; to his surprise, apparently Asuma had inducted her. In other words, her perfect woman. Telling her had been a different story, the departed ones are sometimes more troublesome that the living and he was an expert on the matter. The first time she had told him to stop teasing her. The second she had asked him to leave. She had a lot of pressure also though the Sarutobi´s had recognized her child as Asuma’s descendant she had had to go through an ordeal to prove it and if there had been a bloodline at stake things would have gotten ugly. But finally they had build at somewhat happy household and with little Obito’s arrival there was not much more he could ask. Well just one thing to make peace with that part of his past, finally.

He arrived at the cenotaph and found Sasuke with a crystal black paste on his hands. He had been erasing Naruto’s name from the stone.
“We cannot search for a dead guy can we?” Sasuke said showing an unreadable expression.

Notes. Thank for reading and reviewing