Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Friends ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naruto’s story and characters belong to Kishimoto sensei, et al. Except the ones I made up. I am just playing with them on this no profit fanfic.
Thanks for your reviews.

Sasuke Naruto’s POV
“Stop sulking that sore excuse of a friend of yours is still alive as far as I know.” Mirai had finally said as Naruto gave a despaired glance as he went through the Konoha’s bloodlines scroll she had given him to read after lunch. A one of a kind rare valuable piece, one worth a lot on any market not being fully appreciated was something Mirai could not tolerate. She almost fainted at the boy’s initial reaction to it.
Naruto chopsticks halted and he felt as if a ton weight has been taken off his shoulders and gave a relived breath spilling some drops of the bowls liquid on the scroll to Mirai’s
Disbelieving eyes. He is so going to pay! she thought.
“So tell me kid what is between you and the Uchiha?” Mirai questioned
Naruto look at her questioning, still recovering from the shock. Trying to put ´and you were telling me this when?’ In words, but was brusquely interrupted by a
“You know are you?” She said waving her pinky; fully reminding Naruto’s reaction to Kakashi’s confession.
Naruto almost choked with the noodles he still had on his mouth.
He finally was able to breathe again after coughing and still patting his chest he finally managed to articulate, his face having acquired a greenish pallor “Me and ugh...you are worse than Ero Sannin!”
“You have been on my head! Where did you get such idea?” Naruto said still having Goosebumps at the thought.
“First; I been through your memories not your feelings, something I am deeply thankful for and you frantically running after him against all odds seem a bit…”
“Do not go there!.” He managed to spat wanting to finish this conversation as soon as possible.
“Well, you know the drill” she said looking at him intently from the other side of the table. That had been the dynamics for a while to force him into talking. If something caused him to react it meant unresolved emotions and those had to be dealt with. Something Naruto was not fond of.
“br… br… Brother” he finally mumbled.
“What?” Mirai said looking at him while pouring some tea.
“Brother I have always felt I have a brother bond with him probably the first I ever had. For a while I thought he was like me, alone. I was wrong though the pain he experienced was probably too deep, too dark”
Mirai look back at him, with deep eyes “Not deeper not less painful just different from yours” she said and regaining her composture “Considering he spent most of his live trying to kill his real one, why would you like that bond?”
“What is family for then? He would not have tried as hard if he did not care for his brother”
Mirai smirked “And what about Gaara?”
“Gaara was like looking at my old self in the mirrow” Naruto almost whispered. “but he came out all right he is Kazekage now”
“Mmm you were never that creepy” Mirai said looking into her tea cup and drinking it.
“I have always wondered what would have happened if Iruka had not gone after me back then” Naruto met her gaze questioning.
“Please let Iruka know that if you ever meet him again child” she said patting him in the shoulder. “We will leave it at that for today.”


Sakura. Naruto POV

“She had purposely left this character out for a reason.
She had arrived at the conclusion that Naruto was passionate about everything so bringing this the cause of his grip slipping was dangerous to say the least.
She had troubles with it. Despite what Naruto though these conversations where anything but spontaneous, Mirai dwell a lot into what she remembered from his memories and the notes she had, she planned them ahead and just make them look that way whenever the chance appeared. She had requested the whole files from Tsunade and though she had thought she would address her first. From Iruka to the Akatsuki had been already at least spoken. Even the Teuchi guy from the ramen stall had been discussed; she actually wonder if Konoha should thank him for his soothing presence in Naruto’s life had probably kept the Kyuubi at bay through his ramen; probably making a fortune out of Naruto on the way. Where had that come from again, she thought
Keeping this sort of therapy had not been an easy task for she had to do them along with the real training. However Haruno Sakura was a character she could not relate or understand to even start the conversation. Apparently simple, was just a deceiving thought. Naruto’s attitude towards her did not make sense either.
She had given up when she saw something drop from his belongings as he was packing; it was a photograph of the cell 7 as gennins.
She managed to snatched it from Naruto’s grasp.
“Give it back!” Naruto yelled
“Why do you hang to this picture it only tells lies” she said.
Naruto faltered “Despite all it still feels like a very precious picture to me”
“Even Sakura?” she pointed out feeling an opening.
Naruto gulped “yes even Sakura”
“You know the drill” Mirai said not returning the photograph “and I will need to be convinced this time or I will set it in fire.” She added with a diabolic smirk.
Naruto paled lowering his shoulders and admitted defeat “Ask!”
“Why is she so special?” Mirai asked seating down and indicating him to do the same.
“Love struck and infatuation are not valid emotions for me, by the way” she added putting him in an shallow hypnotic state she had been using for a while on this talks to make his memories at hand without disturbing the Kyuubi. He fell on this state with so much ease she wondered how often he got caught in genjutsu while on missions.
Naruto half laughed, looking back he really looked like an infatuated boy all those years ago and maybe he was at the beginning. Though his wooing of Sakura was as futile as.. Damm he really sucked at putting his thought in words. Instead on concentrating on wooing Sakura he had promised her he would bring back the Sasuketeme. He sighed. I wonder how are they doing? Is Sakura happy again is she smiling? Or do I need to beat the hell out of Sasuke again? He laughed. Sakura had become a formidable shinobi too maybe she would do the beating but he missed most of all her smile.
Mirai coughed. “As interesting as your silent conversation with yourself might be. Answer!”. Mirai had opted not to pry on his mind as often unless he wandered too much. Once they were talking the different kunai types and his mind had wonder on how much did the Akatsuki spent on nail polish?. He was in deep thought induced by the hypnotic state, suddenly a glimpse of an old memory flourished, one so old he had almost forgotten. It seemed so irrelevant probably Mirai had overlooked it and he had also in way and that made it precious.
He could not remember his age but he remembered looking through the window of the orphanage into the neighboring park he had been punished again without supper and had tears on his eyes not understanding why he was treated with so much scorn. It was the image of a pink hair girl his age smiling care free as she was by the hand of her parents.
“She was the family I wished for” he finally said “even before wanting to be Hokage.”
Mirai just returned the photograph to him and stood breaking the hypnotic state. Some things he would have to sort on his own.

Notes. The training Mirai is giving also requires him to be fully aware of his feelings and putting them into words he can understand and then manage otherwise it is just a huge emotion tangle. About Kakashi’s confession check Naruto manga during the spiraling or Rasengan shuriken it is a side joke.

To racerx33: Thanks for your comment I am planning more Sakura chapters but well here it goes Sakura is a complex character that started somehow (some fans are Sakura haters) shallow she is a pretty normal girl with no life threatening traumas except being call forehead girl, who has grown in the story a lot though there is evidence that she has a crush for Naruto, she was ready to die for Sasuke. She is very strong Hokage height and talented but she does have an itchy feeling about not being able to stop Sasuke and in the fic of not being able to save Naruto. When Sasuke put her apart for reasons discussed already she was mentally exhausted Naruto was death and she sort of blamed herself, the Godaime had turn a bit secretive and she is strong but everyone can be overwhelmed and why Lee, that guy practically worships her and Kiba-Neji-Shino-Shikamaru-Choji are not that close to her (haven’t seen many fics with those pairings and Gaara in canon forget it) I thought about Kakashi later but I wanted to keep as separated characters and Kaka/Kure came up and I liked it.
Sakura just found (Shippuden) out about Naruto being the Kyuubi, in the manga Naruto did not precisely publish it Kakashi told Chiyo and she heard. On the manga
“spoiler”
to date she survived one of his lashes but she did not see him in full demon form so how OK she truly is I do not know.
*“Spoiler end”*.
Though I doubt Kishimoto will make such a scene it was needed to break the final attachment of trust to make him unstable enough. Naruto is quite observant sometimes despite his goofy exterior, he noticed Lee’s bands after all and he will be able to tell if someone fears him and after bringing a bloodied Sasuke believed death at the time after all the stress of the battle might shake her enough to show it. He still has some grudge on Kakashi and you can feel it in the manga after he turned him down to train for the Chuunin exam. I planned to answer directly but you did not have a link
Thanks for reading.