Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Apprentice ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Apprentice

Naruto’s problem was clear to him as he read the complex scroll and was starting to see the characters blurry. He needed to spar!
Mirai had been giving him too much to study since she found he could read properly, he took off his glasses to clean them and gave them a hateful glare, after that came chakra control and they will end the day with the basis of what she called elemental basics and he was pretty much exhausted everyday, they had tried to use kagebunshin (shadow clones) to do both thing at the same time but the results where sometimes him being out for days. Being still a growing boy he had accumulated far too much tension he would usually released by sparing. “Why could not Jiraiya or Kakashi teach me” were his pent up emotions I could give them a run for their money now.
With his former senseis he could spar, but with Mirai well.
There were two issues first she was old for what he could make even older than Tsunade and second a she and even though his upbringing had not been ideal he did not hit girls.
Mirai took the last thought personally. He had forgotten to keep his mind defenses up as she had taught him “So you think I cannot make you sweat in a real combat?” she said seeing this as an opportunity to win his respect. “It seems you need to be taught respect.”
“No bach.., that is not what I meant. I do not want to hurt you.” Naruto stood and tried to apologize.
“You are Baachan me again and kid those should be my lines” and with a very fast movement she threw him out of balance. “Now will you fight?” she said “and do not hide on those lame excuses; to higher the stakes beat me and I will personally get Kakashi or Jiraiya to continue training you or better I will allow you to get ramen.”
Naruto was now paying attention “Piece of cake”
“However, if I beat you will refer to me as shishou sama from now on; deal!” she said clapping her palms to concentrate her chakra.
“Is your funeral!” He said thinking it awkward not even bothering to put up a defensive stance until he received the first dozen hits, without any of his connecting. Mirai had been basically dodging and deflecting, but had managed to get some really painful hits.
For some strange reason he could not tap onto the kyuubi energy; so he was basically on his own which was a lot by now, but not enough.
After an hour
Finally Naruto was in the ground panting heavily not wounded but exhausted with Mirai still holding her pose with some sweat drops on her forehead.
“Well that will teach you to respect your elders and never underestimate an opponent” she finally said. As she breathed deeply to break the pose she suddenly collapsed to Naruto’s terrified glace.

Mirai open her eyes and look up to see the tree top of the tree where he had dragged her. “I am getting slow and old; unacceptable” she finally complained rearranging her hair.
Naruto nodded, aware that in her youth she must have been a formidable adversary as he had given him a very hard time. “You must have had a great sensei!” he said as a statement.

“As I grew up I had many and the family’s techniques are legendary. Though I am not by far the strongest”
“So ba.. I mean shishiou sama; you once told me I reminded you of my father, you knew him?”
“Nah, sensei is all right, you are not getting ramen yet though; let’s call it a draw” deciding that she had technically won but since she had fainted could not be called a victory were her thoughts as she collected herself to get up.
She look at Naruto’s questioning glance she was not going to be able to let the question slide.
“You could say we were related” Mirai said not meeting his glance;
“Did he hate me?” Naruto continues asking seating near her and handing her the flask of water.
“I highly doubt it” she said before gulping some water.
“Then why?” said the boy as he tumbled on the grass looking at the moving evening clouds.
Mirai sighed; she was not expecting that one, and reflecting that she had given him too much information already.
“I guess it was one of those things and you were sort of available” she paused and shook her head that was not a proper answer but here it goes “but you came out right and it is said a wise man lives in the present and does not delves much into the past or the future. I know growing up being a jinchuuriki was hard but then if you weren’t you would not be strong as you are now and you would not be you”
Naruto noticed she was not giving anymore information on that matter “Maybe you are right and about my mother”
Mirai was speechless but finally articulated “I was never acquainted with her, I only know your father basically defied all the clan to marry her (meaning me), when he should have married someone else” well if he was to know someday today was as good as any other she reflected.
“I see, what was my father’s clan name?” he finally said.
“I guess you already know there are no other Uzumakis in Konoha.”
Naruto nodded he had once checked the family registries unsuccessfully.
“Well I think that was your mother’s surname though more than a surname I think is a description for the shinobis of a disappeared village”
“Your father had a surname from his father’s side which obviously you know by now; but that was not his true name”
“What do you mean?” said Naruto finding it odd.
“Child what do you think if I say Uchiha?”
“Sasuke I mean Sharingan” he replied.
“Hyuuga?”
“Byakugan”
“Gin’nen”
Naruto stared at her.
“You remember that boy Haku was his name, he belonged to that clan that had the hyoton and manipulated ice.”
“Oh him” Naruto sighed it had been years since he had remember him. His death still bothered Naruto due to the similarities between them. But that poor kid had had it even worse.
“When you know a clans name the rest of the world can relate the bloodline limits and act accordingly. You cannot be included in any bingo book if they do not have a name or description that is true stealth that most shinobi should have and in if an enthusiast of the magic arts has your name your face and date of birth they can do pretty nasty things to you.”
“Really?” Naruto said.
Mirai just nodded, “Yes your true name is something you cherish, so no one in the family except you has an open name we live by an alias because we need a name people can call us.”
“Why so much secrecy?” He asked.
“A sort of blood line” she said.
“What was the bloodline” Naruto said.
“One people, will kill to obtain or control” she said lowering her voice and standing up removing the leaves from her clothes “but that child is a subject for another” talk finished Mirai. “However if you make it to Jounin maybe I will tell kid”
“Miraisensei” Naruto said also standing up.
Now Mirai was surprised ‘no ba’ he is learning, she thought.
“Can you stop calling me child?” he asked shyly.
Mirai replied looking at him sternly “If you stop behaving as one, I will consider it” but looking at Naruto’s puppy eyes “Well how should I call you?”
“Minarai” (Apprentice) would be good”
“Reasonable demand Minaraisan, however you must earn it” she said .

Notes. My guess is by now Naruto knows he is the Hokage’s son or relative. I am having this ominous feeling that Jiraiya is going to get toasted but who knows he is relevant to the this story so I am not taking him out. Thank you for reading and reviewing.