Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Apparel ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Apparel

“Kid there is some stuff here Tsunade sent for you” Mirai said opening the letter that came with a box that had been transported by a medium size slug “She said the rest was junk though”
“Most of it must be old stuff” he replied.
Mirai let it fall and a sleeve of the infamous orange jumpsuit appeared.
Mirai look at it unbelieving remembering a certain the photograph.
“Minaraisan you actually used this” she asked unbelieving
“My old jumpsuit! I thought they had burn it; I haven’t been to my apartment for a while so.”
Although Mirai had experience of all Naruto´s memories, since she saw them from the kids point of view she did not paid much attention to the clothes he wore.
“You mean you actually took those clothes on mission?” Mirai asked with wide eyes.
“Well, yeah I pick them up myself aren´t they neat.” Naruto grines
“Well, kid If you want to look like a moving target.” Mirai replied.
“Hey.” Naruto complained
“Now about your other clothes, I already told you get rid of the other jumpsuit and from now I will be in charge of choosing them for you and we will stick to grey, grey, brown or even white depending of the environment.”
“Hey but…!” Naruto tried to complain.
“Nothing you have lost that right the moment you picked your first orange jumpsuit.” She said taking the infamous jumpsuit and setting it on fire by a snap of her hands.
“A Shinobis most important skill is Stealth and you will not achive that wearing something that only be stealthy on Gamabuntas back” she said coldly
“Bachan knows Gamabunta?” Naruto said distracting from the burning clothes.
“Yes” she said sneering “How did you call me bakadeshi (foolish apprentice)” she said.
“Can you summon him?” said Naruto in disbelief
“Of course not it takes too much energy, but I have met the frog a couple of times.” She said.
“Nee, sensei who is stronger you or Tsunade?”
“Nonsense that girl is in other league” she said.
“Jiraiya?” he pursued on his interrogation.
“That drunken womanizer is skilled and strong as Orochimaru no they are stronger” she replied.
“Then why are you training me again?” He concluded.
“Aside from the fact that you cannot beat me on combat? you would probably love to go back and train with Jiraiya, and become another pervert but sorry kid that is just not happening.” Not if I have a say on that she thought.
Naruto pouted
“Well, while I might not be as strong as them, that doesn´t mean they can take me down at all (really), I believe the three sannin will think it twice before messing with me.” Mirai finished.
“I think you are bluffing”
Mirai just replied with her trademark cocky smile.

Jiraiya came to place he had been indicated
His old face lighten up when he spotted the image of his disciple on a corner practicing with kunais of a characteristic shape he had only seen once with a student long ago.
Then his sight went to the image of white haired woman looking at the boy critically from a near tree.

Jiraiya’s eyes grew colder as he eyed her and before he noticed she had her kunai on his throat.
“I see Tsunade finally spilled the secret.” She said boringly.
“Nice seeing you to, old witch” Jiraiya replied.
Mirai released her hold and made a quick spin playing with the kunai on her hand.

“Thought you wouldn’t have any of those?”
“I have my reasons” she replied.
“I do remember a very distraught Minato telling me you call him traitor”
“Well, he was in a sense” she replied in a dry tone
“And yet you decided to…” he said
“My actions were fully justified, and are still”
“So you have told him?” Jiraiya said not taking his eyes of her.
“He does not need to know” Mirai replied.
“I guess the idea of letting me think him dead for two year was all yours”
“The less knew the merrier the training don’t you think. He already made it to chuunin at Iwa’s exam by the way”
“Toruna Kimauzu” Jiraiya questioned.
“Yes, did he reveal himself” Mirai thought pondering is she should smack Naruto later for blowing up his cover.
“No, but was outstandingly good for an out of village shinobi, they wanted to scout him and I made my inquiries. An anagram is not one of the best ways to hide an identity and red hair just screams for attention, talking about attention how did you manage to put him in such dull colored attire”
“Tsunade made the identity and you know she always had been bad for coding things and do not talk about it your sense of fashion is not better”
They continued staring at the boy still practicing with the Kunai flipping it and passing it from one hand to the other,
“Hiraishin?”
“Not yet, he needs to focus more” she said absentmindly and leaving Jiraiya’s side she said “He should have noticed us by now, so overindulgent pervert teacher do not mess with him or I will slash your throat”

Notes. I once saw a forum about Naruto’s sense of fashion and the conclusion was he had none but he is not the only one when you look at the other shinobi Guy might camouflage in a very green forest maybe, Neji and Hinata’s outfit just stands out in pink and white, Sakura’s original red dress was also not stealthy. It really is interesting that though stealth is important none of them wears Stealthy clothes, it is implied that there is or was a standard uniform for Chuunin in Konoha but for some reason the rookie nine save for Shikamaru do not use it, yet Tsunade and Jiraiya were seen wearing it on the flashbacks. Thanks for reading and reviewing.