Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gen'inkekka ❯ Burnout ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer All Naruto’s universe characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto and Tv Tokyo I am certainly not profiting from them except for Mirai which belongs to me.

Burnout
Naruto was alone on his way to Earth to meet a new sensei, trying hard to read Mirai´s terrible calligraphy instructions, with his luck he might end in the wave country; he still was confused about the previous day’s events.
This situation had been going for weeks, no matter how much he tried he could not focus and that hindered his learning greatly, Mirai had tried to instruct him into a discipline that was even better than genjutsu according to her
But the truth was he could not feel or see anything no matter how hard he tried and this seem to upset Mirai terribly to the point of interrupting the lesson various times and leave fumbling. That and being treated like a child. He was tired, bored and hell even Jiraiya knew to leave him alone. But then Erosennin could not pry his mind to get the information he needed and he still needed much practice to fend her off completely. Those were his musings when decided to look for her. He could not bring himself to say a thing though, she was probably the first person to care for his well being and he did not want to risk pushing her away as he had felt Kakashi did to him years ago. He found Mirai engaged in a sort of sword dance and was enthralled by the fluid movements, he had always fancied swords during the academy training but had always been told that they required concentration and focus so he had given up on that.

“So interested on swords aren’t you minaraisan” Mirai questioned stopping her practice, “yes,” Naruto said “Can you teach me?”
Minarai look at him were had he heard that before “Only basics I have never been really good at it, and my age does not help either”
Naruto sighed disappointed.
“All right bakadeshi” Mirai conceded “get a medium size sword from the scabbard over there and let’s see what you can do”

The first part was fine his shinobi reflexes were a par with Mirai’s and he was able to deflect all of Mirai’s sword lunges, but seeing the ease on her face remind him that she was probably holding back “Again treating me like a rookie” he thought and began feeling something like a dull burning anger building inside as if he could release all his frustration, boredom and anger in every lunge and started pushing harder starting to attack. Mirai responded accordingly but and the last lunge having felt Mirai’s blade twice his sight clouded and loss consciousness of the following events. He awoke on the ground hearing Mirai’s panting some meters in front of him barely supporting herself with her sword and a big red blood stain on the front of her sand colored attire.
Naruto panic noticing the blood on his sword now discarded and tried to get near but she dismissed him with her head.
“To your room now! We will talk later” she indicated
Naruto wanted to stay but the firm look on his face indicated otherwise.
He waited on his made up room for a while, his mind clouded, feeling guilt and trying to remember what had happened until Mirai arrived now carrying a clean attire and having regained her countenance.
He tried to intonate some sort of apology but was interrupted by Mirai´s sharp remark
“You are experiencing burnout aren’t you?”
“Bur… what” he replied confused
“I should have expected, it has been 2 and a half years already, far from anything you were familiar with, training hard non stop, putting out with me…” she sighed frowning
“I would not put it like that” Naruto replied not wanting to sound rude
“Nah, don’t worry it happens and you actually have lasted longer than I expected and actually I am beginning to experience it myself, so ready for a break?”
Naruto did not understood what she was implying and gave a confused look “Are we going on a holiday?”
“No you are going” she said indicating him to pack.

She was neither angry or afraid and had made pretty it clear to him, but had insisted on him training with a sword master friend of hers as a sort of “exchange program” he swore she had made up that word particularly because this sword master might or not be alive and might or not train him; either way he was not having ramen yet.


Author’s notes My main computer remains pretty much not functional and I have lots of back work to do but when a chapter bugs me It just does not let me be.
Thanks for reading and reviewing.