Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of Gold and Black ❯ First Glance ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto cast. Only the made up characters that I have Imagined.
 
 
(A/N: The Latin references are because of the gypsies background, they are not from the area Gaara lives in)
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
 
It was hard to tell whether most people hated or feared her. Sure there were a few people who acted like she was normal. They were the people that understood, or were too young to know. They were rare people though, just a couple in the caravan she traveled with.
 
With each footstep Alidia disturbed the sand and made small dust clouds form and fester around her feet. After four days of walking her feet were tinted brown from the dust and dirt that had gathered there. She had learned to deal with the gritty sickening feeling that it left in-between her toes and everywhere else up to her ankles.
 
She used to have her mother walking by her side and enduring the same thing as she was. Now though she walked alone with only a demon in her mind to keep her company. No one walked by her side at times like this, at least not often. They left her alone ever since her mother… became indisposed.
 
The sun remained a constant discomfort. The heat collected in her layered outfit, the two skirts she wore covered a pair of baggy pants that gathered at her ankles. Then there was her long sleeve blouse that was covered by a green leather corset. Her whole outfit was completely earthy colors, greens, browns, and the occasional mauve colored pink. Her ears were covered in gold hoops that went all the way up to the tops of her ears; she also had a gold stud on the right side of her nose. She was a typical looking gypsy. Her facial features were even what a typical gypsy would own. She had a small nose, and then right below that were large lips that were naturally the color plum. What really gave away her gypsy features were the large eyes that slanted up at the corners. They were feline like and could melt any man with their sunlit amber color that faded into a dark brown around the edges. Her hair matched; it was a golden brown and fell down to her mid back where it faded into waves of gold.
 
`Having fun in the sun?' the silky voice seeped through her mind, the voice of the cat demon, Acerbus Pardus (A/N: Latin for dark panther).
 
`I thought you wanted your sleep. Couldn't fight the urge to torture me?' Alidia thought right back at the demon. They talked frequently, the main reason why the caravan only experienced the good part of having Acerbus Pardus with them.
 
`No need to be nasty. I just wasn't tired any more… Now seriously, are you having fun in the sun?'
 
`How could I have fun frying in the sun? O.K. fine, I'll be nicer. I'm not, in fact you're making my day right now. Happy now?'
 
`Yes, I am.'
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
The sand siblings were all gathered in one of the largest rooms in their house. Each sibling sitting in a way that they found most comfortable. Temari sat with one leg over the other in a lady like position, one of her elbows reposed upon the arm rest while she laid her cheek on her hand. It was a very relaxed, yet feminine position. The eldest male sibling, Kankuro, sat in his most comfortable position. His arms were crossed across his chest and he leaned back against the couches plush back. The youngest of the three siblings sat in his way as well. Lord Kazekage, or Gaara as he was called among his sister and brother, sat with his elbows on his knees and his chin rested on a platform formed by his entwined fingers from both hands.
 
“I still don't understand the big deal,” Gaara was the one who spoke. Even after Naruto had changed him from a murderous monster to protector of all of Sunagakure, his voice was still cold and unloving. His icy blue eyes locked onto his two siblings that sat on the same couch.
 
“The gypsies haven't been here for… well last time they were here you were three. So it's been fifteen years. They're really popular, considering they're the last group of traveling gypsies. Who knows, they might stop traveling soon. People want to see them before that happens.” Temari went on in her own way. She couldn't deny the fact that she too was eager for the arrival of the gypsies as well.
 
“There's also the fact half the guys in all of Sunagakure are hoping they get lucky with one of the dancers.”
 
“Oh, that's so like you to bring that up Kankuro! That's just a disgusting thought,” Temari shuddered as he brought up the subject. She knew it was the truth though. Gypsies were known for their promiscuous ways and exotic looks.
 
“So really I have to watch over them for their protection from my own people?” Gaara looked at his sister, knowing she would give a more adult answer, unlike his brother.
 
He moved one of his hands through his red hair, slightly stressed about what was to come. Temari just looked to the floor and that was an answer enough for Gaara. “Should we even let them in?”
 
“OF COURSE!” both Temari and Kankuro joined in unison. They surprised Gaara so that he raised an invisible eye brow.
 
“Then I guess I'll be watching their camp at night and not my streets, for their safety.”
 
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
 
Alidia was now washed and dressed in her performing ensemble. Her skirts were vivid colors of blue and purple and her blouse was no longer present. Instead she wore a tight black strapless halter. Her waist had a bikini cover up with gold plates. Her hair fell in golden curls around her cheeks, recently cut and curled by one of the women in the caravan. Her stomach bore a gold navel ring now that it was exposed, her ears held the same hoops as always. Long gold strands of golden string in her hair held a circular gold plate at the bottom of each so that they poked out right below her curls. Her eyes had a thick rim of black eyeliner around them and her dark brown eye brows were plucked so that they were thin slivers. A gold tint was on her eye lids and her lips were dark mauve. Her wrists were weighted down with many gold bracelets, same with her ankles. There she was though, so close to Sunagakure that she could see the gates. In her arms was a small panther kitten that she would spend much of her time training in the next couple of months.
 
`I love kittens; you know I was one myself before. That was a long, long, long, long…” Alidia's inner demon spoke up. Haunting her with the smooth purring voice she owned. `Wait… why aren't you telling me to shut up yet?'
Alidia laughed to herself, well to the demon inside her. Those looking at her would think she had just thought of a funny memory; at least those who didn't know better. Sure enough a few of the adults behind her sneered as they walked on. `I figured I'd let you talk yourself out… you can drive a person nuts from time to time. I don't want you messing with me during my performance.' Alidia smirked, the light of her thoughts reaching her eyes.
 
The demon huffed from inside her, `Why I never… Well, at least I don't have to deal with your verbal abusing.'
 
`MY verbal abuse? Please you're the one that haunts me with your past lives. EVERY little detail, my mind is like a cesspool for porn, violence, and drama.'
 
`I thought I would have a nice conversation with you for once,'
 
`You're the one who brought it up…' Alidia watched as the town gate came into view, its gates open. People obviously knew they were coming. She set the panther cub down in a nearby wagon. Soon it would be time to start the show.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
The three sand siblings watched the scene from a balcony high above the screaming crowd. It seemed no one could contain their excitement as the caravan of gypsies came closer and closer. Of course Gaara's brother Kankuro was among those acting immature and bending over the railing with wide child like brown eyes. (A/N: if this isn't the right color I'll hunt down the stupid site I got it from.) Gaara felt one of his black rimmed eyes twitch as he looked at his brother. He hadn't seen him act like this since he saw his latest crush at the market over a month ago. Temari was more mature about the matter; however she did surprise Gaara with her eyes being just as wide as Kankuro's. What was it about these gypsies that made people act the way they did? Gaara shifted his feet as he moved closer to the railing, looking down at his people. His dark rimmed aqua eyes glanced over each large mass of people that huddled together. Never in his life had he been apart of one of those social groups. He wasn't what people would call… well a “people person.” Even after he had changed he was reluctant to open up to people. He just started talking to Temari as a sister and a friend. His eyes moved over to the city gates just in time to see a dancer twirl her way through.
 
“LOOK! HERE THEY COME!” Kankuro yelled along with the loud roar that ripped through the crowd. The dancer seemed unaltered.
 
Gaara watched in slight interest as the older, clearly the oldest dancer in the caravan opened up the parade. It was evident why she was the opening out, her movements flowed and she was graceful in each motion as well as powerful. Behind her was the youngest group of children, about ten or so. Each child was around the age of four or five and did only the small tricks they could manage. Some of the boys did handstands; some of the girls did miniature spins. Then behind them were the students, the apprentices, each one showing what they were learning. Some juggled, others danced, and some even sang in unison. One apprentice was older then the rest, she carried a crystal ball. Ah, Gaara could understand what that was about. She was the Fortuneteller's apprentice. What caught Gaara's eye and interested him the most was what came after her…(A/N: guess who!)