Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Her Own Little World ❯ Discovered ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
< br> “Where’s the bathroom?”
“The bathroom?”
Hinata giggled. “Yes Neji-kun, the bathroom. Where’d you think we’d go, the kitchen?” He shrugged and showed her the way to the bathroom. She immediately set to filling the tub with hot water. She tossed in a few bath herbs and the water became a pale green color. “Now, you shower and then get in the tub. I need to change. Call me when you’re in!” She left, closing the door firmly behind her.
The chuunin sighed. That girl Hinata had…weird tastes, to say the least. The bathroom? Honestly, Neji would have been more comfortable in the bedroom. But he wasn’t about to argue with this Hinata. Distractedly he soaped and rinsed himself, then settled into the tub. Out of habit more than anything he pulled up the half lid that covered the lower half of the tub. It was a bathroom he shared with his mother, and privacy was the most valued thing. Only his upper body showed.
Tenten was right. Damn. It seemed to work better than he thought. Well, at least Hinata stopped stammering. That means she was finally comfortable around him. He could live with her bizarre requests if it meant she wouldn’t stammer and would flash that smile at him. *That’s why Naruto acts like a fool around Sakura…I guess love makes you do strange things.*
“You done Neji-kun?”
“Yes.” She peeped in before she entered. He reached down to open the lid but her fingers pushed it back down, emptying her bag on top of it. He was finally able to see what she was wearing…
and was more than a little disappointed to find it was a simple work outfit with the sleeves tied up to her shoulders.
“Hinata?”
“I’m so glad you’re letting me do this Neji-kun. I’ve been wanting to do your hair for years now!”
“Wha!?” Suddenly he recognized the bottles of shampoo, conditioner, hair gel and a thousand other feminine things he couldn’t identify. “My HAIR! You wanted me to let you do my hair!?!” Her head shot up, and worry tinged her lovely, pale eyes.
“Y-yes. You d-don’t…”
*Damn, that stutter again…* Neji sighed as the joy faded from her face.
“W-what did you th-think?”
Dear Kami-sama, not the stutter...
“It’s nothing Hinata.” Silently he begged her not to cry. He wasn’t about to tell her what he had been thinking.
Please Kami-sama, tell me how I fix this...
God seemed to remain stubbornly silent.
Not that! Anything but that! I'll take her where-ever she wants to go. I'll buy her anything she wants. I'll do anything for her...EXCEPT that! Neji looked up and saw the water well up in her eyes. Oi, Kami-sama, tonight would be a really great time to reward me for the indignity I'm about to suffer...
“I didn’t mean to insult you.” With a prayer to Kami-sama that his reputation be spared, he surrendered to the power of guilt. “I was just a bit shocked, that’s all. You can go ahead.” Hinata squealed and kissed him again.
“You’re really a sweetheart! You act all mean, but you’re really a darling. And don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Neji sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the relaxing scrubbing and the warm water. When he washed his own hair it was usually in a rush and in cold water. Hinata hummed softly to herself as she massaged the boy's lathered head, working the suds all the way through to the end. This wasn't so bad...really...he could get used to this. It could definitly have been much worse. She could have wanted to do his nails...Tenten could have been here watching...She could have wanted him to persuade her father to let her get a dog...Tenten could be spying...She could have wanted him to dress like Lee...Tenten could be watching...
Kami-sama! What if Tenten is watching!!! A tiny shuffle sounded outside. The Hyuga's eyes shot open. Don't Be Tenten! Hinata kept humming, unaware of the sound. He activated his Byakugan...and panicked.
Outside, perched in a tree with her own Byakugan activated, the youngest main house member sat happily swinging her legs and watching the show. Hanabi grinned and waved, before giving him a thumbs up. She handed three senbon of dango down to the next branch, where her accomplice sat, also enjoying the show. With one eye pressed to a newly made HOLE in HIS wall, Tenten made herself comfortable. They had just arrived from the looks of things. The weapons mistress realized her teammate could see her and waved back happily. Someone was going to pay....
"Hinata-sama, could you do me a favor?"
"Neji-kun?" He could see the two faces outside wrinkle in confusion.
"Press your hand to this wall for a minute." More than slightly puzzled, Hinata rinsed the soap off her hands and pressed it against the wall. Neji's Byakugan showed Tenten move away and pull out a handful of kunai, prepared for a full scale war. "Now focus just a little of your chakra to your palm. Concentrate on pulling the wood back and forth." The wall began to vibrate furiously, as if trying to pull itself off. "Alright, that's good." Hinata was even more confused.
"Why?"
"Don't worry about it. You'll see."
The two spies glanced at each other, then back at the boy. That was not nearly enough to shake them from the tree, and he had to have know that. Then what was he planning? Distracted, Hanabi forgot to maintain her bloodlimit. Neji smirked evilly. Unnoticed by the two girls, a swarm of unhappy, now homeless prepared for an attack on the two that MUST have been responsible for shaking their hive loose.
Careless Hanabi...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
H inata looked up worriedly at the screams that filtered in from outside.
"Ignore them. It's just some nosey busy-bodies getting what they deserve.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Ino's eyebrow rose as two girls came tearing by, closely tailed by a swarm of raging bees. "What's that about?"
Shikamaru couldn't even bother to shrug...much too troublesome. "Don't know..."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Hanabi and Tenten surfaced for air once the assasin bees had passed. "HOW DID THEY KEEP UP WITH US!?!?!?!"
Tenten shrugged. "They live outside Neji-kun's house, you really expected them to be normal bees?"
"You have a point."
Tenten tried in vain to shove her soaked, dark locks back into badly displaced buns. The partners in crime pulled themselves out of the river.
Hanabi glared at nothing in particular. "That was low, even for Neji-kun..."
"I'm afraid, Hanabi-chan, that we'll be forced to proceed to plan B. Send in the BEASTS!!"