Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Highschool Life ❯ Teamwork Test Part 1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

here's the next chapter. I really hope you like it. oh, and thank you to all who have reviewed my story. I do truly take the time to read all of them.
 
Recap
“You idiots!” Anko screeched. “You could have done serious damage! Stay after class to clean this mess up!” As soon as Anko finished, the bell rang. The three girls were still laughing about the bewildered faces of the three boys. They definitely had a great story to tell at lunch today.
 
pqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqpq
 
“…and then the whole thing went BOOM!” Sakura was telling Ino excitedly. Ino turned to Rebecca. “I didn't know you could come up with such an evil but brilliant plan.” “I try,” Rebecca replied smugly. “Ever the modest one,” Leonie muttered. Rebecca hit Leonie on the back of the head. Leonie rubbed her head, glaring at Rebecca. But little did they know, the boys were standing nearby listening to every word.
 
“So it was them,” Kiba muttered darkly. “You got beaten by a bunch of girls?” Neji asked. “Shut it, Hyuuga,” Sasuke warned. “Anyways, I have a plan to get back at them.” “Oh?” Neji cocked an eyebrow. “You know how each of the girls hates one of us more than the others?” Sasuke asked, not bothering to wait for replies before going on. “Well, we should make each of the girls go out with us on a date.”
 
Neji snorted. “What kind of a plan is that?” Gaara demanded. Sasuke sighed. “We would do something that each of the girls hates. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to publicly embarrass them. And even if none of those things works, our fan clubs will make life a living hell for them when they find out.” “Hmm, not as bad as it first sounded,” Shikamaru commented. “Who would we each force to go on a date with us?”
 
“Hold on a minute. How could we force them to go out with us in the first place?” Gaara asked. Sasuke smirked a very evil smirk. “I already thought of that.” He held up a tape recorder. “I recorded every word they said. So now, if they don't go, we'll show this to Anko and she'll know who the real culprits are.”
 
Kiba looked at him in amazement. “Your plan is just crazy enough to work.” “Well, back to my question: who are each of us going to blackmail into going out with us?” Shikamaru asked again. Sasuke sighed. “When you hear this, please don't murder me. Gaara will ask Rebecca, Kiba will ask Leonie, Neji will ask Tenten, Shikamaru will ask Ino, Naruto will ask Hinata, and I'll ask Sakura.”
 
There were mixed reactions. Kiba and Gaara looked like they were going to explode, Neji was staring off into space, and Shikamaru muttered, “Troublesome.” There was no reaction from Naruto. “Naruto?” “Of course, he's not here.” Sasuke rolled his eyes. “I knew it was too quiet,” Shikamaru said. “Where is Naruto?” Kiba asked. “Who knows?” Sasuke replied.
 
They found Naruto before lunch was over and explained the plan to him. “You know, it's really lucky that we have our targets in all of our classes,” Sasuke commented as they walked to P.E. Gaara just rolled his eyes. All the kids met in the gym after they finished changing. Their uniform was darkish green shorts with a white shirt that had the Konoha Village symbol on it in green (you know, the little leaf swirly thing).
 
Rebecca, Leonie, and Sakura were standing together. “We should probably be on our guard for their revenge plan,” Rebecca mused. Just then, the teacher, Gai, walked into the gym. “Today, my youthful students, we are going to be practicing teamwork!” Everyone groaned.
 
“I will split you into pairs: Gaara and Rebecca, Kiba and Leonie, Sasuke and Sakura…” `Well that saved me the embarrassment of having to try to get her alone,' Kiba thought. The other guys were thinking things along the same lines.
 
“How many projects am I going to get stuck with him on?” Rebecca moaned as she banged her head repeatedly against Leonie's shoulder. “I should add,” Gai continued, “that these people will be your partners for the rest of the year.”
 
“WHAT!!” Rebecca, Leonie, and Sakura screeched. “I'm stuck with that chicken haired jerk for the rest of the year!” Sakura exclaimed disbelievingly. Someone cleared his throat behind Sakura. She squeaked a little from surprise and turned around to see a glaring Uchiha.
 
“At least my hair color is a normal color. Yours is weird.” “It's not weird, it's unique!” (a/n: that's exactly what I say except my phrase is I'm not crazy, I'm unique!) Sasuke rolled his eyes.
 
Their “teamwork” activity for the day was to find their way out of the mini forest that was next to the school. Gai led each pair to a different clearing blindfolded. “You won't go to any other class until you manage to get out of the forest,” Gai told each group. “But what do we do if it gets dark?” Rebecca asked Gai. “Well, then, you're stuck here overnight.” “What do we do for food?” “You find some.”
 
Then Gai disappeared, leaving Rebecca stranded with Gaara. She stood there for a while just staring in disbelief at the spot where Gai had stood. `This can't be happening!' she repeatedly thought. Sakura and Leonie were in similar states of shock.
 
“Are you just going to stand there staring all day?” Gaara asked Rebecca impatiently. She pulled herself back to earth. “Well, mister genius, which way are we going to go?” Gaara thought for a minute. “Do you know which direction the school is in relation to the forest?” Gaara asked her. Rebecca hesitated. “I think it's east.”
 
“You think? We need definites.” “Well you were the one to ask,” Rebecca retorted, her temper flaring. Gaara glared at her. “Shut up unless you've got something useful to say.”
 
Rebecca struggled with her dangerously rising temper. She clenched and unclenched her fists, digging her nails into her palms using the pain to distract herself. Gaara meanwhile looked around. It was a little past noon, so the sun was a little more westerly. Gaara nodded. He would trust Rebecca's judgment for now and go east. Rebecca followed him as he plunged into the underbrush.
 
With Sasuke and Sakura
Sasuke paced around the clearing. “Which way is the school?” he muttered to himself. “If we knew that, we wouldn't be out here,” Sakura snapped. Sasuke ignored her and continued pacing. Sakura let out a frustrated breath. `Unless we work together, we're going to be stuck out here for who knows how long. I'll have to swallow my pride and make a temporary truce with Sasuke.' Her mind made up, Sakura walked over to where Sasuke was finally standing still.
 
“Sasuke.” He looked up at the sound of his name. He saw Sakura standing next to him. “The only way we're going to get out of here any time soon is if we work together. So, temporary truce?” Sakura held out her hand to Sasuke. Sasuke hesitated. Should he agree to the truce and sacrifice his pride, or should he be his usual arrogant self?
 
Only a moment more of hesitation made up Sasuke's mind. He took Sakura's outstretched hand.
 
Sakura looked up in surprise. She had expected him to refuse. Her eyes met his, and it felt like she could finally see into his soul. Infinite sadness was there but also determination. Sasuke could see similar feelings mirrored in Sakura's eyes. They each finally saw something that could bring them together.
 
With Kiba and Leonie
“This is just great!” Kiba exploded. “Stuck in a forest for who knows how long, and I'm stuck with Leonie!” “I'm right here,” Leonie growled. “And instead of ranting, how about you do something useful?” Kiba glared at her.
 
“Do you know which direction the school's in?” Kiba demanded. “Okay, listen here. I know you hate this assignment. I know I hate this assignment. But if we want to finish this soon, we're going to have to put aside our differences for a little while,” Leonie decided. “Fine,” Kiba muttered.
 
“I think the school's towards the east,” Leonie thought out loud. “So we go that way.” Kiba pointed towards a direction. Leonie nodded, and they started walking.
 
pqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqpq
 
I finally finished this chapter. Rebecca and Gaara aren't getting along very well. I decided to make Sakura and Sasuke finally accept each other. And Leonie gets to take control of her pairing. My friend who I based Leonie off of wrote this ending to my story. No offense to all the Kiba fans out there:
Kiba exploded. The men cheered, the women laughed, and Leonie gripped the detonator.