Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Hinata Stands Alone ❯ To the Festival! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey its Mushroom-Chan here! Thank you for the one review! I tryed to make this chapter very long. I was wondering if I should continue this after the dance? If anyone would like to comment please give me a review on telling me what you want! ^.^
Chapter 5
Hinata and Naruto had decorated the house. Hinata put a green wreath with cranberry ribbons on the outside of Naruto’s door. The inside looked quite grand. There was a small Christmas Tree by his couch.
The small balls of light glimmered and shined the brilliant colors of the rainbow. Reindeer with small dark green ribbons on their neck’s hung from the tree. There was also white snowflakes with glitter on them. A small red stocking was hung from the old fire place. Hinata even made some colourful cookies that were neatly rapped and kept on the small table.
After Hinata had left Naruto stared at the place in awe. It was beautiful. His home looked like one of the families houses.
If only he could have a family to share it with. He wanted a family to care about. He wanted to have a younger sister to teach her how to pull pranks. But no, it wouldn’t ever happen. His family was gone, dead. Nothing could change that. Naruto sighed sadness taking over him.
For hours Naruto stared at the falling snow outside. It brought back so many memories. “Naruto….” He heard a familiar voice whisper in the wind. “Believe in your self and make your dreams come true..”
Naruto’s eyes widened. Could it be? No it was just the wind…. His gaze saddened. He was so much happier when he and Hinata had been decorating.
Hinata sighed happily. It was a day before the Christmas Festival. She had asked Naruto to go with her, and much to her surprise he had said yes. Now all she needed to find was the perfect outfit. But after hours of searching, she couldn’t find a perfect outfit so she decided to ask her Sensei to help her.
Hinata knocked on Kurenai’s door. After a few moments Hinata could hear light foot steps. The door opened making a small creaking noise.
“Hello Hinata. What do I owe this pleasure?” Kurenai asked. Hinata fidgeted nervously.
“K-Kurenai-Sensei, could y-you please help me find a d-dress for the Christmas F-Festival?” Hinata stuttered. A small smile flickered on Kurenai’s crimson lips.
“Of course Hinata.” Kurenai said warmly. “Who are you going with?” Hinata and Kurenai walked into her house. They sat on a navy blue couch before Hinata answered.
“I’m going with N-Naruto.” Kurenai’s crimson lips went from a ghost of a smile to a small frown.
“I know you like him Hinata, but after that incident aren’t you afraid of him?” Hinata shook her head and a small serene smile formed as she spoke.
“I’m not afraid of him. Something hurt him that day. He is sad, afraid and confused. But still he is very brave.” Hinata didn’t hesitate once which surprised Kurenai.
“I’ll go make us some tea the we’ll be off.” Kurenai said coolly. “But think about this, is he really worth dying over? If he kills you or breaks your heart will you still love him?” Hinata’s eyes widened. “Come up with an answer when I get back in this room. You’re a smart girl Hinata, you’ll figure it out.” Hinata nodded slowly as Kurenai walked into the kitchen. I just hope you make the right decision, Hinata.
Hinata thought about this. Naruto means the world to me. If he killed me or broke my heart, I’d still love him. But is Kurenai-Sensei right? Am I choosing the wrong path? I know she is only
asking me this because she is worried… But why ask me something like this? I love Naruto, he wouldn’t kill me. He proved that when the Nine Tailed Fox’s chakra was taking over him.
Hinata had made her decision. She knew was right. Even if some day it would cost her, her life. A loud whistle was heard from in the kitchen. The tea was ready.
Moments later Kurenai came out with two cups of steaming hot tea. Kurenai handed Hinata a cup. And before Hinata could say a word of thanks Kurenai broke the silence.
“So what is your choice Hinata?” Hinata blinked clearing her mind of any confusion.
“I love him. E-Even though some day he might kill me or b-break my heart I will still care about him. I k-know I am making the right decision Kurenai-Sensei.” Kurenai slowly nodded. A ghost of a smile graced her lips.
“I see. Okay Hinata lets finish our tea and go shopping for that dress.” Hinata quickly nodded looking a bit excited at the prospect of this
”O-Okay.”
Kurenai and Hinata walked toward a clothing store. There was a comfortable silence between the two. There was a cool breeze. The sun was out fully now. Its yellow beams warming the twosome as they walked. The brick side walk glistened from the white snow.
Hinata and Kurenai walked into a small shop. They both started searching through the racks. Hinata sighed discouraged. Kurenai pulled out a beautiful dress. It was a light blue dress. There was a navy blue dove at the bottom right corner. It also had a light ivory fringe at the bottom. At the bottom of the fringe there was dark blue beads. Hinata’s face brightened as she ran over to Kurenai and hugged her.
“T-Thank you for helping me find a dress Kurenai-Sensei!” She said happily. Kurenai patted Hinata on the back.
“Yes your welcome Hinata, now why don’t you go try it on?” Kurenai asked. Hinata nodded excitedly and ran into the changing rooms. After a few moments she ran back in happily.
“I-It fits!” She said brightly. Kurenai nodded and smiled. Hinata walked toward the cash register and paid the clerk.
Kurenai and Hinata walked there separate ways after ward.
It was 8:00 at night and Hinata was all ready for the dance. The long dress made a swishing sound as she walked along the street. The bright lights hurt her eyes and gave her a headache and to make matters worse the snow reflected the neon colors. The thin
straps
on her shirt made her quite cold but she tried to ignore it. She looked very good which made her a bit nervous. As she walked she received wolf whistles from the men of the village. The more she walked the more skittish she got. She and Naruto were going to meet half way to the ninja academy.
Not much longer….. They won’t hurt you… And then she saw him! Naruto was standing about a hundred yards away. His golden blonde hair twisted and twirled in the wind. His tuxedo looked pretty old. It was grey and had a few tears that had been patched. His tie had a stain that looked like it had been coffee. Anyone one would look at him and say eww. But Hinata thought he was very handsome. Just at the sight of him her face turned a light shade of pink.
When Naruto saw her he blushed. If not even drooled. She looked awesome! She has a very nice figure.. No! Stop thinking like Kakashi! They both walked up to each other with rosy cheeks.
“H-Hi,” they both said. Naruto held her hand as they started to walk toward the ninja academy. Hinata’s face turned bright pink and her heart started to beat very fast. Is this a dream?