Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ INANE AFFECTIONS ❯ Chapter 2: Finding Hinata ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:

Hi! This is another chapter...I made it a long time ago I swear...I just wanna add...

DISCLAIMER:

I have ulcer but I do not own Naruto.

INANE AFFECTIONS

by Boyarina

Chapter 2: Finding Hinata

Neji is panicking. Yes, you heard it right. The great Hyuuga prodigy is experiencing that chest contricting, chills running down your spine sensation compounded with irrational and heavy sweating of face and hands. Worry is foreign sensation to him and it's making him want to strangle the two people who are the cause of this grievance.

(Hinata...)

It is beyond doubt that it is worried panicking that he is experiecing this very second. Indeed if he would wring his hands right now (a habit that Hinata-sama have perfected in the privacy of her room and an act that ONLY Neji have been a privy to) HUGE droplets of sweat would definitely be sprayed into the air, raining down on everything that would be unfortunate enough to be on its path. More so, if he had stayed long enough on a single spot there in the middle of the hallway, a puddle would definitely form from all the liquid that is coming out of him.

And THAT would simply be far too GROSS for the imagination. Neji, for the life of him, doesn't GROSS. He never have done it and nowhere near in the unforeseen future would he do it.

(Hinata is always neat and clean.)

Anyways, back to the reason why he, of all people, is panicking. Earlier, he came to check on Hinata-sama to make sure that she would stay in her room (since she had developed that queer habit of wandering around in the middle of the night, of all times) like what he had hinted during dinner (he didn't want her to know that he had been following around in her midnight rendezvous and had, even, by sheer accident---he swears it on his father's grave--got a peek of her completely unclothed, dowsing herself under a waterfall), but he didn't find any trace of her in her chambers at all.

(Hinata is sometimes a very stubborn and a very reckless person)

He is wondering now if Hinata-sama actually heard him making a snide remark about sleeping early and worrying about things the next morning. He could've sworn though that Hinata-sama, in her own fashion, had fully agreed with him, but apparently this is not the case. What it looks like right now is that she have simply given him a small nod just because it is him that she is speaking to.

(Hinata is sweet this way.)

She had probably been struck by her obsessive compulsion of getting things started early when she saw the mountain of paperwork dumped in her room, making all the responses come out of her automatically--with no obvious regard to what she is agreeing and disagreeing with.So typical of her to overwork herself and upon incurring unwanted stress, walk it off without any appropriate escorts.

(Hinata never bothers anyone not unless it is already a life threatening situation--a situation wherein she would place others first before her welfare)

Damn it, he didn't want her to wandering around in Suna. The surroundings and people here are both unfamiliar to Hinata-sama and if she ended up getting lost there won't be a compass good enough to get her back on the right track. More so, he is not sure as to whether there would be somene willing out there to help her if in case that inevitable event happens. No, he definitely do not think that Hinata is incapable of finding her way back, it's just that she'd rather be weak than to harm someone.

(Hinata is one of the strongest persons that he knows).

Then, of course, there is the walking threat in the form of the Kazekage. If there's one thing that hates the most in the idea of Hinata-sama walking around unsupervised, is the fact that she just mgiht bump into Gaara-sama. Sure, Gaara-sama have mellowed out a bit, but once in while, whenever Neji happens to glance his way he'd detect that almost mad glint in the Kazekage's eyes.

With Hinata's luck of attracting boy demons in their half-crazed states (insert picture here of Naruto with Kyuubi raging inside him, defending Hinata's dignity), she just might run into Gaara-sama having one of his moments with Shukaku dominating over his personality (not that Gaara-sama has a personality to begin with). There's the slim chance that Gaara-sama might not do any harm to the Hyuuga heiress (it's not such an impossibility if the Kazekage would end up developing an infatuation to her), but that's one chance that Neji is not willing to take.

(Hinata is a very captivating person).

Plus, Gaara never sleeps so the chances of Hinata meeting him at random just magnified ten-fold.

At this very moment, Neji's worst fears has just been confirmed. Standing before him, is Hinata-sama and Gaara-sama. Hinata-sama, to Neji's horror, has her legs wrapped in Gaara-sama's sand.

(Hinata you attract the strangest suitors).

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Neji could feel his whole face twitching. The fact that Hinata-sama looked so calm and the fact that Gaara-sama's sand appears as though it is caressing Hinata-sama's legs (sand going up...and...going down...ssslllloooowwwllllyyyy...rrrruuuubbbbbiiiiinnnnnggggg...) is not helping at all.

Neither is his dirty mind. No, every--darn--thing is not helping the situation at all!

(Hinata, how do you get yourself in these kinds of situations?)

Nejis fisted his hands on his sides, trying to control his urge to attack the Kazekage or to lash out with his tongue, lest he misread the whole situation.

"Kazekage-sama," Neji began, forcing himself to be extra polite. "I don't mean to be rude, however, if you keep that up, I'd be forced to move you bodily from Hinata-sama." Somewhere along the lines, his polite voice (or at least he hoped he initially had used a polite tone) became a growl.

Gaara-sama looked at him somberly, probably thinking if it's best to follow Neji's suggestion (order). Then one corner of the Kazekage's mouth turned up and to Neji's poor untainted eyes (at least to his opinion) came the fleeting picture of an amused if not mischievous expression that sid 'Ive-been-killing-people-for-fun-but-this-seems-to-be-more-entertaining' expression.

Neji shuddered.

If Hinata-sama's near ness isn't robbing him of much needed sleep lately, this would have surely done the trick.

(Hinata, why him?)

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------

Comments:

snicker.. .ngorkngorkngorkngork...snicker...ngork..ngork..ngork...this is bad...snicker...ngork...ngork...ngork...snicker...