Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ INANE AFFECTIONS ❯ Chapter 4: A little too close for comfort ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:
I have turned to yoga, meditation, extrreme swimming sessions, but nothing, AND I MEAN NOTHING, could get my mind off the word REVIEWS. I feel like this world could not exist AT ALL without the word review. It's the worst! Whenever I am at that critical point of actually forgetting that the word review is part of the dictionary, it slams me back at the face. It's driving me crazy! It's stupid!
DISCLAIMER:
I do not own Naruto. Kapische?
Inane Affections
by Boyarina
Chapter 4: A little too close for comfort
Hinata is debating on whether she would thank her cousin or simply give him a good swat on the head that would rival that of Sakura's tap of affection (shesecretly calls it that) on Naruto's head.
She would like to thank Neji-niisan for saving her from Gaara-sama (a.k.a. the scary kazekage-dono, in her head) but she would very much like to bash him too for divesting her of a leisurely storll.
Right now she could do neither. He is marching her off LITERALLY (if you are within ten feet distance from them, you would hear the slapof their slippered feet against the marbled ground) to her room, his hand firmly clasped on her elbow.
For some reason, she feels as though her cousin wants to kaiten everything in sight and the one thing that is holding him back is his steady grasp on her.
"Neji-niisan?" Hinata inquired softly, allowing a small frown to arch on her brow so he would know that he is disgruntling her.(or to appropriately term it, is STILL disgruntling her; his earlier episode with Kazekage-dono counts)
A few feet away from her chamber door, Neji-niisan finally stopped. Without any warning, he lifted her by the waist and dumped her in front of him.
"What in Kami-sama's name are you wearing, Hinata-sama?" he asked sternly, his hands still on her waist, twisting her this way and that way, presumably so he could take a good look of her attire.
Though he stood a head and a half taller than her, Hinata did not have any problems extending her arms to get a solid grip on her cousin's shoulder so he would stop shaking her.
"N-neji-niisan, you're making me...dizzy...," she said, choking on the last word when Neji-niisan's grip on her tightened. She is having a hard time squeezing air into her lungs either due to Neji-niisan's vise-like grip or just plainly because he has his hands on her.
"I could see through your clothing, Hinata-sama," he intoned monotonously--too monotonously to Hinata's ears. It appears as though he is holding himself from breaking down and ranting at her.
And indeed, if that wasn't enough, the thinness of the fabric of her clothing seemed to mock her under his unrelenting hold.
Blushing, Hinata quicly retracted her arms back to her, clasping her hands in a prayerful gesture she resorts to whenever the familiar sense of embarassment overwhelms her.
"I don't," he pause, taking a deep breath, which he promptly exhaled out loudly, "want anyone seeing you like that."
His hands fell away from her waist and again Hinata felt the haunting disappointment she felt a while ago when Gaara-sama called his sand back, releasing her. She should not be feeling this way at all!
To Hinata's horror, she is discovering that Hanabi's words have a grain in truth in them. She, Hinata, needed closure--PHYSICAL closure at that.
Hinata bowed her head quickly before Neji-niisan catches the turmoil raging in them.
"Sumimasen," she murmurred, "I thought I would be able to take my walk alone. I didn't expect to bump into Kazekage-sama."
Neji-niisan made a sound (that was more or less a growl) at the back of his throat, telling her that he isn't going to accept her explanation.
"Are you hiding something from me, Hinata-sama?"
Her head shot up, shocked at what he said. He couldn't have simply read her thoughts just like that, could he? Oh, kami-sama, what if he caught that one little snippet (one little nasty snippet at that) floating in her head telling her--no, reminding her that she might (sust might be) attaracted to Neji-niisan a teensy-tiny bit.
"I-i wasn't hiding anything!" she exclaimed, internally wincing at how defensive she sounded.
Hinata wanted to slap her head on the forehead for Neji-niisan is now looking at her suspiciously.
"Were you and Gaara-sama planning to meet at midnight tonight?"
Though she had nothing to be guilty about, she flinched at the accusation she heard in his tone.
By pure coincidence, she and the kazekage had come across each other in the corridor. If in anycase that Gaara-sama patrols on that same area at the very same hour of every night, she had no prior knowledge of it and hadn't intentionally walked in on him.
What is Neji-niisan getting al riled up about? She hasn't really done anything wrong.
Befuddlement and sheer curiosity ruled out her carefully constructed sentence that would simply negate Neji-niisan's query, making her blurt out instead, "Is there an unwriteen rule somewhere forbidding me to meet Kazekage-dono at random places at night?"
Hinata instantly regretted her impetuousity when Neji-niisan was momentarily silenced by her words, astounded. Seeming to pull himself together, Neji-niisan narrowed his eyes and replied in clipped tones.
"I am forbidding it."
------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------
comments:
to my aff reviewers:
i know the reviews for this fic had been piling up.; i know i kinda had been ignoring it..sorry about that...