Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ We're A Team, Right? ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

♦
The next morning, everyone had woken up except for Sakura. Karin grabbed her water bottle, and poured the water on Sakura waking her up. She sat up with lightning speed, soaking wet. Karin giggled, but then Sasuke threw her a towel. Drying herself off, She shot a death glare at Karin making her cringe.
As they started traveling again, Karin wouldn't shut up. “Honestly Sasuke, I don't see why you let this little weakling join our team, I mean all she is, is weak, weak, weak, seriously, I'm so much stronger. No wonder he left you!” She said turning to Sakura.
Something snapped inside her. She body slammed herself into Karin, pinning her hands behind her back. Pulling out her kunai, she hissed, “Don't you Dare call me weak! You're the weak one! You should have seen this coming but you were too busy gawking over Sasuke to realize it! Review your logic Karin or you might just fall behind!”
Unpinning Karin's arms, she slammed the Kunai onto the sleeve of Karin's shirt, causing her to be stuck. Sakura started jumping through the tree's as the other's watched her in amazement. “She told you!” Suigetsu said smirking walking over to Karin trying to pull the kunai out. After a lot of effort he finally got it out. “She sure is strong too.” He said. Then they started jumping through the trees like Sakura.
Look's like Sakura's grown; she's finally fighting for herself. Sasuke thought smirking.
♦
After about a day of traveling they stopped to rest again. “Juugo and Suigetsu, go gather food. Karin, get some firewood, and Sakura, you stay here and help me set up the campsite.” Sasuke ordered. They all obeyed, but Karin stormed off in a huff, angry that Sakura got to stay with Sasuke. When they had finally set up the camp site, Suigetsu and Juugo returned with some fish, and Karin had found the firewood they needed.
When they had all settled they started eating except for Sakura. Looking down at the ground she listened to Suigetsu and Karin argue about nonsense. Sasuke looked at Sakura. “You need to eat to build up your strength.” He said. She didn't say anything.
“She doesn't need anything; I mean seriously with that big forehead?” Karin spoke up.
Sakura looked up with her death glare. Then all of them gasped in shock. Sakura's chakra had started flaming around her, showing that she was angry. She stood up with her plate and leaned down next to Karin. She slammed the plate of fish in Karin's face. “You'll have no trouble eating yours; with that big mouth and all.” Then she stormed away into the forest. Sasuke stood up and followed her. When he finally found her she was throwing kunai's at a tree. Sasuke put his arm on her shoulder. She spun around.
She had been too angrily occupied throwing the kunai's; she didn't know he was there.
“What was that all about?” He asked her. She sat down, slamming the kunai into the earth. “How can you stand to have her on your team?” She asked. Looking him in the eye. “It isn't easy.” He said smirking. “But her skills are important; at times when we are on missions we need them to make sure we don't get caught.”
“So she can sense chakra?” She asked. “Yes.” He answered.
Silence passed through them for awhile until Sakura spoke up.
“Was I like that when we were 12? Annoying and defending every comment made toward you?” She asked looking down. He was shocked by her question. He shrugged. “You were annoying, but being protected by you wasn't that bad.” He shifted around. Talking about his feelings wasn't that easy. “It reminded me that someone cared.”
She looked at the sky, smiling. Without thinking, she threw her arms around him.
“Lot's of people care about you Sasuke, not just me. Naruto, Kakashi Sensei, Lady Tsunade, even Shikimaru. You just didn't understand what it was.” He looked down at her. Perhaps she was right. No, she was right. He was just blind with confusion and pride.
“We all want you to come home Sasuke, we do. You're like family to me and Naruto. I've loved you since I was four years old, and Naruto looks up to you like a big brother. We need you home.” He then realized she was shaking. Tears slid down her soft cheeks as she buried her head in his chest. Putting his arm around her he whispered, “I'll come home when Itachi is dead…I promise.” She nodded, crying herself to sleep in his arms.
♦
Karin wiped the gooey fish off her face, shaking from anger. Suigetsu just laughed. She looked at him with her death glare, which wasn't as intimidating as Sakura's, but could still creep you out. “Suigetsu you're a buttface! I've had it with you!” She saw a flicker of hurt in his eyes as he stood up and walked away. She started to say something, but then she saw Sasuke carrying Sakura, sleeping in his arms. Laying her down he looked at Karin annoyed as he lay down too. Karin felt crushed.
Sasuke had welcomed her into this team, and he probably wished he hadn't. Suigetsu was the first out of the two men to befriend her, and know he probably hated her.
Early in the morning, Karin woke up as she saw Sakura cleaning up from the night before. I've had it. This is a battle that I can't win. I might as well set a few things straight. Karin thought. Walking over to Sakura, said, “Sakura, can I talk with you?”
“If it doesn't involve criticizing me then I guess.” She mumbled.
They sat down next to a tree. “I'm sorry about last night.” Karin said. “I'm just confused about something.” Sakura looked at her.
“What are you confused about?”
Karin started talking, telling Sakura everything, trusting her with her biggest secrets.
“You know how fangirls usually aren't in love with the person their obsessing about? They just like their looks?” Sakura nodded. “Well I'm beginning to think that's it's that way with Sasuke for me. I thought about it last night, and I think what I have for him isn't love. I don't know how to explain it.” Sakura looked down.
“Love means that you will stick by their side no matter what; love them no matter what they look like and understand their feelings no matter how complicated they are. It means you will stick with them to the end. That's what true love is. When I was younger I basically liked Sasuke for what he looked like, but then when we became a team I realized there was much more to love then that. I accepted all of his feelings, and I tried to understand his pain in loosing his family. I still don't understand it that well, but I know that I will do anything for him, even if it means risking my own life, or loosing everything I have.” Sakura explained carefully. (Sasuke was secretly awake the whole time listening to what Sakura said about him, and that's why his affections grow even stronger for her later in the story…)
Karin looked down. “I don't think I'm in love with Sasuke.” She said. “But there is one person that I've always enjoyed spending time with even if he is a buttface. And I think I have feelings for him too…” Sakura smiled. “It's Suigetsu isn't it?” Karin's eyes shot up into Sakura's in fear. “Don't worry I won't tell him; you can tell him when your ready.” Karin relaxed. “Lately I've been nervous around him…I get this feeling in my stomach like I'm going to throw up, but it sorda feels good too.”
Sakura giggled. “Their called butterfly's, and that's a sure sign your falling for him.” They both laughed softly. “He probably doesn't like me though.” Karin said, with a sad smile. “I've treated him like crud for who knows how long…”
Sakura squeezed her hand. “You'll never know if you don't find out.” Sakura whispered.
Karin smiled. “I'm going to try!” Sakura winked. “I saw him sitting on the rock out by the lake. Now might be the best time, no one should be up in a couple of hours.” Karin nodded, getting up. “Good luck!” Sakura called out silently.
♦
Karin walked over to the lake as she saw Suigetsu sitting on the rock like Sakura had said. She walked silently over to him. When she was finally by his side, she sat down next to him. She realized that he was too deep in thought, and he hadn't realized he was there. “BOO!” She called out. He jumped, almost falling in the lake. “Dang it Tomato head, what the heck!” He called out. She giggled. “What do you want?” He asked, regaining his posture, sounding annoyed. She took a deep breath, but then she got that feeling in her stomach again. “I'm sorry.” She managed to blurt it out, as the feeling tightened. He looked shocked.
“Are you ok?” He asked uneasily. “What the heck do you mean `am I ok'?” She asked.
“Well you-“He didn't get to finish, she wrapped her arms around him tightly. He blushed. She then threw him into the water. His head came up as she started laughing like crazy. He grabbed her arm as he sent her in the water. “What is wrong with you Karin?” He asked sounding frightened. “Umm-well…I need to tell you something.” She said, pulling herself out, as he followed behind. Soaking wet, he sat back on the rock, her as well. “What?” He asked, waiting for her to talk. “Do you think I hate you?” She asked. He raised his eyebrow. “Duh.” He said.
“Well…I don't. It's actually the opposite.” He looked at her questingly. “What is that supposed to mean?” She took his chin in her hand. “That means, buttface that I'm in love with you.” It took him awhile for this to sink in. Then, he grabbed the hand that was on his chin and leaned in, kissing Karin. She felt herself melting like butter, and if Suigetsu hadn't been holding her, she would have fallen over.
When he pulled away he was smirking. “You know how long I've been waiting for you to say that?” He asked. She shook her head.
“I don't know either; I stopped keeping track after a few months.” She was shocked.
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“Have you ever wondered why I was always telling you that Sasuke didn't like you, and I was always bugging you?” He asked. “Well I didn't know there was a reason…I thought that was just you.” He shook his head. “I was trying to make you notice me; that was the only way. I was trying to make you stop thinking about Sasuke for at least a few minutes.” Now it was her turn to smirk. “So you were jealous.” Then she looked him in the eye. “And you know there were better ways to get my attention.”
His smirk turned to a soft frown. “No there wasn't. If I would do anything else you would refer it to flirting, and that would get me ticked.”
He smirked again when he saw her blushing. “Tomato head.”
“Buttface.”
“Tomato Head.”
“Buttface.”
“Tomato head.”
“Butt-“
He stopped her by kissing her full in the lips. This time she fainted. He caught her as he groaned. “You've got to be kidding me!”
“I am!” she called out, sitting up and pushing him in the water again. She walked happily back to camp as Suigetsu got out smirking, following close behind.
♦
When the rest of the team had woken up, Sakura was training, and Suigetsu and Karin were talking by the tree. While Juugo put away the tents Sasuke went to watch Sakura train. “Shadow clone Jutsu!” She called out. Not knowing that Sasuke was watching her, she began to fight. “Yamasaki!” She called out, a huge ball of pink erupted out of her hand. Smashing it into the ground, about 15 feet of forest blew apart.
She slumped on the ground. Dang it, I shouldn't have used all of my chakra for training!
She scolded herself. Then she remembered the special chakra Jutsu Lady Tsunade had taught her. “Chakra Restorer!” She called out as blue chakra covered her body.
She remembered the words Lady Tsunade had told her when she had learned it.
 
Flashback
 
“Now Sakura, this Jutsu can be used after doing training, or in a serious battle, but remember that if you use it to often, your heart and lungs with erupt with the pressure.”
 
“Yes Lady Tsunade.”
 
“Very good, now go on and train.”
 
“Arigato.”
 
End of flashback