Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ Help Us ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Standing up, she noticed Sasuke walking over to her. He stopped in front of her and said, “You did well. Who has been training you?” He asked.
“Rock Lee has been helping me with the moves, but Lady Tsunade has been helping me with the Jutsu's.” He nodded. “We are near the Village Hidden in the Mist; we should reach it by today.” She nodded. “I need to talk to the rest of the group about something, you stay here, and Karin will tell you when we are done.” She nodded.
Sitting down, she waited until the Karin walked over.
“Sasuke told me to tell you the plan.” She said. “We have decided that you will be capturing the princess and bringing her to us. We are a threat to that village, but you aren't. We'll be leaving in a few minutes.” Sakura gave a simple `ok' then started to walk back. “Oh, and Sakura,” Karin started. “Thanks a lot! I told Suigetsu about my feelings; it worked.” Then both smiled and nodded and then went back to camp. (I know that in the real series of Naruto Karin will probably never be a friend to Sakura, but that was just a little thing I needed to throw in to make a little Suigetsu/Karin.)
♦
When they reached the Village Hidden in the Mist, Sakura got a strange feeling in her stomach. Sasuke seemed to notice it and walked up to her. “Are you feeling ok?” He asked, a little more gently then he meant to.
She looked up. “I'm not sure…I don't want to be known as a criminal here or basically anywhere.” He understood that feeling. He never really wanted to leave Konoha, because he knew he would not only loose everyone he cared about, but also be punished if he ever came back. It was his choice but he chose the go with Orouchimaru.
I needed power…not love. It should be the same with her. My whole team and I will be punished if she doesn't do her duty. That struck a nerve.
He grabbed her by the shoulders. “Sakura you're going to do this. I made a deal with Orouchimaru, and I could get punished if I break this deal.”
She looked away. I don't know what to say…I could never betray Konoha, but if I don't do this Sasuke will be punished and it will be my fault. She thought to herself.
He grabbed her by the hand and led her to a tree.
“Remember that day that I left? You said you loved me more then anything, and that you would do anything for me.” The muscles in her stomach tightened remembering that sorrowful day. “You said that you would do whatever it takes to help me get my revenge. This is part of helping me with my revenge. If you don't do it you would be breaking your promise.” She didn't know what to say. She knew she had made that promise and if she broke it she would be letting Sasuke down.
Her emerald eyes met his onyx ones. “I…I'll do it.” She whispered, guilt rushing inside of her. He nodded. Walking back over, Sasuke, Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo concealed their chakra hiding behind a large boulder.
However, Sakura walked through the village to the princess's tower. Clutching a fake permission slip to gain entrance to the castle, she walked up to the gates. Breathing in, she handed the slip to one of the guards. He studied it and then nodded, giving her permission to enter.
When she walked in, she used her chakra to silently walk on the ceiling. She made her way to the princess's room, and knocked on the door. When the princess answered, Sakura didn't hesitate to slide inside the room.
Shocked by her behavior, the princess made a small squeak of shock, but Sakura closed the door. “W-who are you?” the princess asked her nervously.
“My name is Sakura Haruno. Please come with me.” The princess shook her head. “I am not aloud to leave the castle grounds, especially not with someone I don't even know!”
Sakura looked at her. She had black hair that went down to her waist and onyx eyes with a tint of brown in them. She was dressed in a beautifully decorated Kimono with what looked like small birds printed on it.
“Please, I am your new caretaker, and I was ordered by your father to take you out for some fresh air.” Sakura lied.
“My father is dead.” The girl said angrily. Sakura's eyes widened. Oh dang it I hope I didn't blow it!
“I'm so sorry; did I saw your father? I meant your mother!” The girl sighed. “My mother is always bothering me! I don't need fresh air! Tell her not now! I'm busy.”
Sakura looked around the room. Nothing was out; it actually looked like no one had touched anything in her room for years. “You don't look busy to me.” Sakura said.
“Fine…” The girl grumbled.
♦
They walked through the village until they came to the end. “Well, that's enough air for me.” It was starting to get dark and only a few children where on the streets, running around. Sakura suddenly put a hand over the girl's mouth and bound her body with chakra strings. She tied to call out but couldn't.
She ran to the boulder with the girl, who was struggling furiously. Sasuke and the others realized she was there, and they jumped up in action. Juugo grabbed the girl, who was bound by the chakra strings, and put a piece of cloth around her mouth. Suigetsu and Karin made sure to keep her from hopping out of his arms, the young pampered princess was stronger then she looked.
It would be a long journey back, and they prayed that the princess wouldn't escape, for they would have sever consequences if they returned empty handed.
♦
As they jumped through the tree's the princess wouldn't stop struggling. Juugo, Karin, and Suigetsu looked exhausted. Sakura and Sasuke noticed this. “Hey guys, we can take over.” Sakura suggested. They nodded in thanks. Sasuke held her by one of her arms, and Sakura did the same with the other arm. The princess finally managed to speak.
“What do all you want with me!?” She said frantically. “We're not going to hurt you.” Sakura said. “Are we?” She whispered to Sasuke.
“I was not informed on what Orouchimaru is going to do with her.” He explained.
Sakura looked at him, biting her lip. “What if he hurts her really bad?” Sasuke shrugged.
“You mean you don't care?” She said this louder then she meant to.
He looked back harshly. She frowned, anger in her eyes.
Traveling for a few hours now, Suigetsu Karin complained. “Sasuke, can't we stop? We've been traveling forever!” Juugo and Suigetsu nodded, even Sakura agreed.
“Fine.” He said. They found a spot and set up camp. When they finally had gotten settled, Sasuke paired people up for tents. “Sakura you and the princess will sleep in one tent, Suigetsu and Karin, and Juugo and I will have our own tents.” They all nodded.
Sakura motioned for the princess to go in. She climbed in and Sakura followed.
When they were in the princess whispered, “Please, can you tell me what you're going to do with me?” Sakura smiled a weak smile. “I honestly don't know, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.” The princess nodded.
“So what your name?” Sakura asked, preparing the blankets. “My name is Princess Katara.” Sakura nodded. “What a beautiful name.”
“Please, just call me Katara though.” Sakura nodded. She had a feeling they would become close.
♦
Early in the morning, Sakura got up early, Katara a few minutes after. “Would you like to train?” Sakura asked her. Katara nodded. Walking over to an encirclement of trees, they started training.
“What do you want to do first?” Katara asked. Sakura shrugged. “Oh, I don't know. How about kunai throwing?” She agreed. They aimed their kunai's to a large tree, and started throwing them like crazy. “You're fast!” Sakura complimented. “You too!” Katara grinned. Wow, this girl is really nice! Katara thought. They practiced until the rest woke up. Sasuke watched them.
“Do you know how to do shadow clone Jutsu's?” Sakura asked. “Well, I'm not that good, but yeah I guess.” Katara noticed the chakra flowing through Sakura arms.
“Wow! How do you do that?” She asked. Sakura grinned. “You know I can teach you some of these things if you would like.” Katara nodded and smiled brightly.
Karin and Suigetsu came up and watched them as well. For a few hours, Sakura trained Katara a few Jutsu's.
“Their not perfect, but it takes a lot of time, so don't get frustrated.” Sakura said, slumping down on the ground. “You're tired already?” Katara asked.
“I've used all of my chakra, I can't do anymore.” She said. Katara nodded.
“Promise you'll teach me more though? Some other time?” Katara asked. “Yea, sure.” Then she noticed Sasuke and the others watching them. “Oh, hey you guys, you're finally awake. “Actually we've been awake for awhile now.” Karin said. “We've been watching you.” Sasuke said. Katara and Sakura blushed. “Dang it, all of this time?” Sakura said.
“That's a lot of watching.” Katara added.
“We should get going now.” Sasuke said. They all nodded and headed out to Orouchimaru, this time planning not to stop for so long.
♦
Ino, Hinata, Shikamaru, Shino, Tenten, Kiba, Neji, Gaara and Naruto were being sent on a mission to retrieve Sakura and to bring her and Sasuke home. As they all got ready to go, Lady Tsunade came up behind the group. They all looked at her questioningly. “Granny, shouldn't you be in your office doing…you know…boring business stuff?” Asked Naruto, scratching the back of his head. Lady Tsunade twitched. “For the last time Naruto, stop calling me GRANNY!” She yelled, banging him on the side of the head. However, she regained her posture and spoke in a clear load voice, “We have an extra member that will be joining you're team.” She nodded her head over to a young girl. She had light blue hair in a long braid that went down to her waist. Crystal blue eyes sparkled. She had a blue belly shirt on and a long blue skirt. (Just think of her dressing like a belly dancer but without all the trinkets lining the edges of the clothing.) But what caught everyone's eyes, especially Gaara's, were blue floral designs all over her stomach, on her arms, and it even trailed down to her toes. (She was barefoot. MWAHAHAHA!!! Cool huh?) But what made everyone gasp was the mark on the side of her forehead.
It was in the same place as Gaara's, but it was blue, and it was different. Her arms were crossed, just like Gaara. “Her name is Izuma, and she is from the water tribe.” Lady Tsunade quickly mumbled a few last words. “And yes, she is the demon of the water.” Izuma rolled her eyes.
However, Naruto called out, “Hey are we gonna go or what!?” Then he paused, looking scared. “AND DID WE PACK THE RAMEN!!??” He screamed out. Hinata giggled, but then blushed. “Yes Naruto we packed the ramen…” Said Shikamaru, sounding annoyed.
When they set off, Kiba stopped all of them. “Don't you think that we should all split in groups of two? You know…just in case so we'll be on fighting teams?”
“Yea!” Tenten and Ino both shouted out. “Wanna play match-maker?” asked Ino deviously. Tenten nodded. “Hey, me and Ino are gonna make the teams okay?” Said Tenten, smirking. Shikamaru was about to protest, but the girls shot him a death glare, warning him to shut his trap.
After a few minutes, the girls had finally picked out the teams. Tenten walked over to everyone and cleared her throat. “Ok! We finally have the groups picked out! Alright…Ino and Shikamaru…Naruto and Hinata…Kiba and Shino…Izuma and Gaara…and Neji and I.” She said. Hinata was blushing, Shikamaru was smirking. Izuma was giggling, Gaara looked like he had just been hit in the head, Kiba looked annoyingly at Shino, who was too busy looking at one of his bugs, Naruto was looking anxious, and Neji was smirking as well. When they set off, Izuma walked over to Gaara. She didn't know what to say; she was dying inside…she had waited so long to finally meet a demon like her. She looked up at him and grabbed his wrist. He stopped and looked at her. Then she smirked. “I like you…you're cute...” she said, giggling. He stiffened and looked at her weirdly. This only made her giggle more. “Hey Gaara, looks like you have a fan girl!” said Kiba laughing. Gaara rolled his eyes. “HEY YOU GUYS, COME ON!!!! WE HAVTA FIND SAKURA!!!!” Naruto screamed, waving his arms frantically in the air. Hinata placed a hand on his shoulder. “N-Naruto…” She said, but pulled her hand back when he looked her in the eyes. She turned scarlet. “Hey, Hinata, are you ok? Your face is all red…do you have a fever?” He asked, looking at her worriedly. He laid his hand on her forehead. This made her get even redder. She backed up a little mumbling, “I-I'm fine…” Naruto nodded. They all started walking again.
“Tenten, did you decide yourself to be with me?” Neji asked Tenten as they were walking. She nodded; a tint of pink flushed her cheeks. He smirked.
As they walked, they were NOT a silent group. Naruto kept complaining that he was hungry, and then started running around all over the place, slamming into Gaara, making his sand collide with Izuma's water, then he tripped Tenten, making her fall face-first into a puddle of mud, and she was running after him with kunai's in between her fingers. Ino got bitten by one of Shino's bugs, and screamed at him while she scratched the bite mark. Shikamaru was trying to comfort her, but she wouldn't stop shouting. Akamaru started barking and was driving Neji in sane, and Kiba was just sitting and watching them all.
Finally when they all settled down, Shikamaru set up the tents and they all went with their partner to sleep. Gaara and Izuma where still separating their sand and water though. They were both sitting cross legged with their arms crossed, trying to separate their sand and water. Finally Shikamaru walked over to the two yawning. “Come on you guys…you've been at it for hours, just let it be and go to sleep.” He said. “I need my water…” Izuma mumbled, not even looking away. Shikamaru shrugged and walked away. Finally after what seemed like days, Izuma's water obeyed her, breaking apart from Gaara's sand. They both relaxed, but still sat there. Then they looked at each other. Then Izuma started giggling, making Gaara raise an eyebrow. “What so funny?” he asked. “You're just so cute!” she said, getting up, and walking to the tent. He rolled his eyes and smirked.