Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ I hate naming these chapters ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Meanwhile in Tenten and Neji's tent…
 
Tenten lay, staring at the tent's ceiling. She breathed a gentle sigh but then she felt eyes watching her. Looking over, she saw that Neji was sill awake. “Can't sleep?” she asked him in a soft hush. His eyes darted to the ground. “Something like that…” He mumbled, rolling over so that he wasn't facing her anymore. Man, why is he so anti-social? Tenten thought. “Neji, why won't you ever tell me anything?” She asked him. She saw him stiffen, and it didn't look like he was breathing easily. “Neji…?” She asked after a few minutes. He didn't respond. She shook him gently. “Neji, are you asleep?” She whispered. He didn't move or make a sound. But then she realized that he wasn't really asleep. He was just pretending to be, so he could avoid the question. “Ok then, I guess I'll just have to read you're diary to find out why you're being so anti-social…” Tenten said, smirking. “If you read mine I'll read yours.” He mumbled. She was shocked. “W-what!? I don't even have a diary!” She said, blushing. He smirked. “Yes you do. I saw it in your bag.” He replied. “You used you're Byakugan on my bag?” Tenten asked, sounding confused. “I used my Byakugan to scan the campsite before we set up to look for intruders. Naruto ran into me and I saw in your bag.” He explained. “Well it wouldn't matter if you read it anyway. I don't have any secrets in it.” She said, smirking. Actually I do…lots of secrets…She thought. “Then you wouldn't mind if I read it?” He asked. “Nope!” She lied. He then pulled out a black book with a picture of a shrunken on the front. “H-how did you get it!?” She asked, shocked. He smirked. Then he started to open it, but paused when she pulled out a small silver book. She smirked at his shocked expression. “I found this a few hours ago. I'm guessing it's your diary…” She said. “If you read it, I'll read yours.” Tenten said. But Neji was secretly reading her diary with his Byakugan.
 
Tenten's Diary…
 
Today I trained with Rock Lee and Neji. It was a real bore. Gai Sensei wouldn't stop going on about how valuable youth was. Rock Lee was ok…Neji was my favorite of both of them. HE DIDN'T GO ON FOR 4 HOURS ABOUT YOUTH!!! Anyway, after training I ran into Hinata, and she seemed real nervous about something. It probably had to do with her crush with Naruto. Of course he's to thick-headed to realize that she likes him. Then she said something about how Neji and I would be a good couple. No comment. I don't know what's wrong with me…I can't say that I like him and I can't say that I don't…
 
Neji kept on reading, but he didn't realize that Tenten was reading his diary too…
 
Neji's Diary…
 
Today I practiced my Byakugan with Hinata. She is getting better, but I won't let her get better then me. However, today I proved that I am more advanced then she is. In the Chunin Exams I and Hinata were challenged to fight one another. She did well, but I won. Rock Lee was challenged to fight Gaara of the Sand. Gaara won…I wish to fight him someday. Tenten was challenged to fight Tamari, and although Tamari won, Tenten did excellent. I will get revenge on those Sand Siblings for injuring my team mates…
 
Tenten would have continued reading, until someone snatched the book from her hands. She looked up and saw Neji smirking. How much did he read? Tenten thought, panicking. But she grabbed her diary from his hands and smirked back at him. “Goodnight Neji…” She stuffed the book underneath her pillow, and lay down, falling asleep shortly after.
 
In the morning…
 
When everyone had put up their tents, it was time for breakfast. “I WANT RAMEN!!!!!!” Naruto screamed out. Hinata got out a box of 3 minute Ramen, and started boiling it with a fire that Shino had made. However, Tenten walked away from the others. After about 15 minutes, she stopped walking and sat down. Little did she know that someone had been following her the whole time. She pulled her knees up to her chin, but then Neji appeared from behind one of the trees. She wasn't surprised that he had followed her. He sat down next to her. “Tenten, can I ask you something?” Neji asked. She nodded. “Are you in love with me?” She wanted to answer…she wanted to scream out `YES!!' she wanted to squeeze him to death in a tight hug…but she couldn't…
Instead she looked him in the eye and told him “No.” She saw hurt flicker in his eyes. Yes…But she had forgotten one thing…Hyuga's can read minds…
I do…I love him more then my own life…but I can't tell him…she thought as she fought tears. She suddenly felt a warm hand on her cheek. Looking up, brown eyes met with white. She didn't know what to say; neither did he…
“Neji…” She whispered. “HAY U GUYS!!” Both Neji and Tenten nearly jumped 3 feet in the air as Tamari and Kankuro popped out of no where. “So what are you two love birds doing?” Kankuro asked, making Neji blush which made Tenten blush because she had never seen Neji blush before and he looked so cute. (Hahahah) “Umm…well…w-we were just-you know…t-talking!” Tenten managed to sputter out. “Yeah sure…I bet you guys were making out!” Tamari said. “Gaara's here you know! A-and he has a girlfriend!” Tenten said, changing the subject. “Go see for yourself if you don't believe us. Her name is Izuma of the water. She is a demon priestess.” Neji said. Tamari and Kankuro's mouths were hanging wide open. “I gotta see this.” Kankuro said, walking to the campsite, Tamari following close behind. “Good save.” Neji said. Tenten was smirking. “Wait till Gaara heard that we made that rumor up…we'll be dead.” She said. Giggling, she ran back to camp, with Neji following behind her, smirking.
 
Back at the campsite…
 
“Hey guys!” Tamari and Kankuro yelled out as they walked up to the campsite. “HEY YOU GUYS!!! WERE `D YOU COME FROM!?” Naruto yelled out, finishing his 8th bowl of Ramen. “Your Sensei told us to go with you. Apparently you're going to need all the help you can get with Orouchimaru. And I heard that Gaara's got a girlfriend…” Tamari said, looking around for Gaara. “Where's he anyway?” She asked. But then she saw Gaara sitting on a rock out in the distance with a girl that had blue hair. “Wow…blue hair…I gotta talk to that Gaara…” Tamari said, marching over to where he was.
When he saw her, he gave her an annoyed expression. “Sooo Gaara…this is you're new girlfriend…”
“She's not my girlfriend!”
Gaara yelled out. “Yea whatever, Neji and Tenten told me, and their not much of pranksters. Well…Tenten could be…but not Neji.” Tamari folded her arms. “He's just so CUTE isn't he!?” Izuma yelled out, clasping her hands together.
Tamari looked at Gaara with a smile on her face. “Awww my little brother has a fan girl!!” Tamari said, laughing. Izuma just giggled making Gaara roll his eyes. “She's been following me everywhere…it's not like I asked her to come along…” Gaara mumbled, but both girls heard. Izuma leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Hugging him, she walked off back to the campsite. She called back, “I love you Gaara!” which made Gaara groan. However it was obvious that Tamari was trying all she could from cracking up in laughter.
♦
Sasuke, Sakura, Suigetsu, Karin, Juugo, and Katara jumped through the trees as they headed to Orouchimaru's lair. For some strange reason Katara hadn't fought them in any way or tried to escape from them. Sakura was becoming a little suspicious. When they set up the campsite, Sakura pulled Katara over in a private conversation.
“Katara, how come you haven't been trying to escape? Don't you want to go back to you're kingdom?” Sakura asked her. Katara shifted around uncomfortably. “Well…you see…I…Sakura, I never want to go back to my kingdom again! Every day is a drag, life is so boring there! I'd rather die then live there my whole life.” Katara explained. Sakura looked her in the eye…she was telling the truth.
“But you can find excitement-“
“You have no idea; you wouldn't last 24 hours in there!” Katara interrupted. Sakura nodded. “Well, we should get back to the campsite…” Sakura said. They walked over and Katara sat next to Juugo. Karin and Suigetsu were making out, and Sasuke was leaning against a tree. Sakura walked over to Sasuke. “I'm beginning to wish I never got those two together…” Sakura mumbled, looking over to Karin and Suigetsu. “You're the one that got them together?” Asked Sasuke. Sakura nodded. “All I did was guess that Karin liked Suigetsu and she hit on him after that…”
“I heard what you said to her…I just didn't believe she would follow you're advice…” Sasuke said. “You heard what I was saying?” She asked. He smirked. “Nice lecture on love…” She blushed. “What I said was true though…” Said Sakura looking into his eyes.
Looking into his eyes was like getting a peak of Heaven…his smirk grew wider when he saw that she was practically melting in his gaze. He touched her cheek with his hand. He leaned over and pressed his lips onto hers. When they broke apart she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him again. When she departed she put her head on his chest.
This feeling…so new…and he sorda liked it…
She looked back up into his eyes. “Sasuke…I've gotten stronger…but...” She stopped and stood on her tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek. “That day when you left…it felt like I had no purpose in life anymore…I was so alone. If it wasn't for Naruto comforting me I probably would have committed suicide…” She said. “I'm…sorry…” He whispered. So he held her…he felt so different holding her…his emotions for her where extremely different from when he was 12…he prayed to God that he wouldn't fall in love with her…but he the good Lord knew that he would give in…
 
Editor's note!!!
Ok, I'm trying to make all the couples I can!!! I'm trying to do Izuma/Gaara, Naruto/Hinata, Ino/Shikamaru, Tenten/Neji, Sasuke/Sakura, Karin/Suigetsu, and Katara/Kankuro …IT'S A LOT OF COUPLES!!! So this story is gonna be pretty long…SO PLZ STICK WITH ME!!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU THROW YOUR CHAIR AT THE COMPUTER MONITOR OR SHOVE A PLATE OF GREEN BEANS IN YOUR FACE JUST STICK WITH ME!!!
 
Hinata was sitting on a tuff of grass, staring out into the wide open skies. Well, until Naruto popped up and scared her to death. “N-Naruto! You s-scared me…” Hinata said, blushing. Naruto scratched the back of his head. “Oh, I'm sorry Hinata. Umm, can you make me some more Ramen? I'm starving, and when I asked Tenten to do it, Neji pulled her aside and wanted to talk with her, then I asked Ino and she threw a rock at me, and when I asked Shikamaru, he said I was such a drag, then I asked Izuma and she summoned her water, then I asked Gaara and he summoned his sand, then I asked Kiba, and Akamaru bit me, and when I asked Shino, his bugs started tickling me. I NEED RAMEN!! I CAN'T GO ON WITH OUT IT!! PLEASE HINATA CAN YOU MAKE ME SOME!” Naruto cried, falling onto his knees, clutching his stomach.
Hinata blushed, and then giggled. “Yes Naruto…I c-can make you some…” Naruto jumped up and squeezed her into a tight hug. “Thank you Hinata thank you!! How could I ever live without you?” Hinata turned even more scarlet then she was before, but suppressed a shy smile. Neji was watching the whole time.
“Whatcha doin'?” Tenten had snuck up behind Neji, and he jumped slightly. “You're spying on Hinata and Naruto aren't you? It's obvious she likes him…” Neji smirked. “Naruto is so stupid…He can't even tell? It's obvious….” Tenten giggled. “I know…me and Ino were playing match maker when we paired everyone up at the beginning of the mission…we had to put those two together…” Tenten blushed; she didn't mean to say that. Neji's eyes widened. “So you think Naruto and Hinata should be together, Ino and Shikamaru, Izuma and Gaara…and me and you-“
“No! That's not what I m-meant…you and I were the last ones…you weren't in love with anyone, and I'm not either…I just…” But she didn't finish. She couldn't…it wasn't true, she was being a liar. To herself and Neji…they both knew that she liked him…
He saw that she was getting uncomfortable. I don't want to torture her with this…I just want her to admit it…Neji thought, as he put a hand on her shoulder. He noticed that she was blushing. I wonder what she's thinking…oh duh am I stupid! I can read minds…So he used his Byakugan…
 
Tenten thinking…
 
What do I do know? I got myself caught again…
 
Stop being such a liar; you know you're in love with him!
 
Who are you?
 
I'm you're consonance and I'm here to set a few things straight.
 
Like what?
 
You know what!!!
 
Then what is it?
 
Are you really that stupid? Ok, Number 1! You know you're in love with Neji, but you're denying it. Number 2! You're breaking his heart because you won't admit that you love him. Number 3! Well actually I don't have a number three…but do you get the point?
 
I guess…
 
No! It's not `I guess' it's yes or no!
 
Fine yes! I have a strict consonance…
 
Are you still here? Good…she's gone…cause' she is so annoying…
 
I heard that!!!
 
Neji looked at her curiously. She…has a crazy consonance in there…He thought, and then said her name, making her snap out of her thoughts. When she looked in his eyes, she saw hurt and confusion…something that's not seen every day in a Hyuga's eyes. “Meet me in the woods tonight…I have something…that I need to tell you.” Tenten mumbled. Neji felt relief wash over him…maybe he had another chance…