Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ So i wont name them ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gaara was sitting in an open field cross-legged meditating with his sand. Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder. Looking up, he saw Izuma. What does this girl want!? Gaara thought, ignoring her. “Can I meditate with you?” she asked, still standing. “I don't care…just don't bother me…” he mumbled. She kissed him on the cheek, sitting down next to him. After a few minutes, Izuma couldn't stand the silence. “Gaara?” she whispered. He didn't answer. “Gaara…” he still didn't answer. “GAARA!!! OH MY GOSH DON'T TELL ME THAT YOUR DEAD!!!!” she yelled, shaking his shoulders. His eyes snapped open. “What-do-you-want” he said between clenched teeth. “Am I annoying?” she asked. “Yes…” he answered. “In a good annoying way or a bad annoying way?” she asked, looking at him. He closed his eyes. “Both…” he mumbled. After a few minutes, Izuma asked questioningly, “Is that…bad?”
“Bad…” he said. “Oh…” she said, looking at the ground. But after a few moments she kissed him on the cheek. “Why do you keep doing that?” he asked. “Because your really cute…I like you…” she said, giggling. Suddenly ninja's jumped out from behind the tree's surrounding them. They had black ninja suits and Sound forehead protectors were visible through their dark matted hair. “Summoning Water!” cried Izuma. Gaara summoned his sand. Izuma crossed her arms as her water mark flashed, and a giant current of water erupted from behind her shooting towards the men, turning into ice, and then sculpting themselves into razor sharp knives. Slicing some of the men, they dropped dead to the ground. But they puffed into a storm of smoke. “Shadow clones…” Gaara mumbled.
More clones burst from behind the trees. “Their just going to keep making them until we're worn out, and then come out in person and fight us when we're weak…” Izuma called out to Gaara. He nodded. “But we can take them…” He said. She walked over to him. “Let's do this…” She said. A cave of ice burst from the ground, engulfing most of the shadow clones. “Water Tsunami Jutsu!” Izuma called out, and a giant tsunami of waves shot through the clones destroying them all. “We have to make out way to where they came from to find the real ones and destroy them…” Gaara told Izuma. “Let's go!”
She grabbed his hand, as they jumped through the clones, killing most of them on the way. When they finally got to the trees they realized that thousands of shadow clones surrounded them. “Billowing Sand Tsunami!” Gaara cried out, as wind whipped everything around them, knocking out trees and destroying shadow clones. When the wind had stopped, Izuma pointed to 2 bodies lying on the ground. They walked over to them…a male and a female…the male had red spiky hair and the girl had long black hair. They both had Sound ninja forehead protectors on, and they both seemed to be dead.
“I think you killed them with your sand tsunami…” Izuma said. “We have to tell the others…” She said, once again grabbing Gaara's hand, as they headed back to the campsite.
♦
When they reached the campsite, they told everyone about the sound ninja. “That means we have to be on our guard.” Kiba said. Akamaru barked in agreement. “We can't go off on our own…” Shino said, agreeing with Kiba. “So that's the new rule. You have to be with your team mate or someone else at all times… (Gaara groaned haha) it's too dangerous to be on your own.” Shikamaru said. “Even…to go to the bathroom?” Naruto said, looking sickened. Hinata blushed a deep scarlet. “Naruto you always twist everything in the wrong way! Of course not!” Ino said. “Naruto…sometimes I just wanna bury you alive…” Kiba said sarcastically, smirking. Everyone laughed. As it started to get dark, Ino cooked supper. Shikamaru looked into the pot of what she was boiling. “Uhhh…Ino what is that?” He asked. “Soup!” She said, giggling. “Wanna try some?” She asked, spooning some out in a bowl. He sweat dropped. “I'm not really that hungry…” He said. “Whatever Shika…you'll give into my cooking someday…” She said, hugging him, which made him turn a light pink. “T-troublesome girl…” He mumbled, though enjoying every second of the hug. She then kissed him on the cheek, but shot back from him as soon as she had done it. She was a deep scarlet. “S-Shikamaru…I don't know why I did that…” She mumbled. He smirked. “You're so troublesome…” She grinned slightly, and threw her arms around him once again. “You're a great friend Shika…and you're troublesome too…” She said. “I'll take that as a compliment…” He said, making her giggle.
“Troublesome women…”
“Troublesome men…”
♦
Tenten sat down on a rock next to a small lake. Suddenly Neji came out from behind the trees. “You're not aloud to be out by yourself…” He said. “I know…I knew you would probably follow me…” She said smirking. “So I'm not alone…” She finished. “Well it's tonight…what is it you wanted to tell me?” He asked, walking over to the rock and sitting down next to her. He saw her take a deep breath. She drew her knees up to her chest. She wasn't ready for this; she wasn't ready to tell him. But she had too…
“Neji…I…I think I'm in lo-“
But before she could finish, Naruto popped out of no where and screamed in their ears, “HEY YOU GUYS, I CAN'T FIND HINATA!!!”
“What!? You mean you lost her?” Neji yelled out. “I dunno but we gotta find her!!!” Naruto screamed. “N-Naruto, I'm here…I was right behind you…” Hinata appeared from behind one of the trees. Naruto breathed a sigh of relief. “Boy, Hinata that was a close one! I thought I lost you!” He said, patting her head, making her blush. Tenten and Neji rolled their eyes. “Naruto you can go now. Tenten and I were…talking. So go…” Neji said. “Ok, see ya!” Naruto said. “B-bye Tenten, Neji…” Hinata said, running up to Naruto's side. Tenten looked at the ground. How am I ever gonna tell him now? I was so close! Ugh, Naruto… Tenten thought. But Neji sat next to her again. “Tenten, just tell me…” He said, making her look up into his eyes. Then she looked back down again, and sighed in frustration. Standing up, she called out, “Man, why can't this be easier!? It shouldn't be that hard to just tell you I'm in love with you…” She slapped her hand over her mouth in shock. Maybe it was that easy… She thought, still shocked. Neji walked over to her and put his hand on her cheek, smirking. “I knew it…” He said. The hand from her mouth dropped by her side as she looked into his eyes. “You did?” She asked, smirking back. “Yes…I read you're diary, I read you're mind…” he said, still looking at her. She lifted her hand up, and put it on his cheek.
“Do you love me?” she asked. He looked at the ground. She removed her hand from his cheek. “That's ok if you don't…” She mumbled. However, he grabbed both of her wrists, and brought her face right up to his. “I…I think I do…” He whispered. Blushing and smirking at the same time, she kissed him. When she pulled away, his eyes were open in shock, and he was blushing. “It's called a kiss Neji, and it's not poisonous…” She said, smirking. He smirked back. “We should get back to camp now.” Tenten mumbled. Neji let go of her. “Right.”
♦
As Sasuke, Sakura, Juugo, Karin, Suigetsu, and Katara had finally came to Orouchimaru's lair, Katara fainted. “She's really that scared…” Sakura mumbled, as she laid Katara gently on the ground. “We have to take her in whether we like it or not…” Sasuke said, picking her up. “But Sasuke, what if Orouchimaru kills her?” Sakura asked. “Then he kills her…” Sasuke mumbled. “Sasuke, how can you be so cruel? She's traveled with us this whole time, befriending us, not even running away-“
“Sakura we don't have an option!” Sasuke said forcefully. Although it frightened Sakura, she wouldn't show it. She had grown!
Walking up to him, she looked him in the eye. “I'm not the weak pathetic girl I was 3 years ago Sasuke…I won't bow down to you and do whatever you want, so don't expect me to!” she said. “I'm stronger…” she added, walking away from the group. He would have gone after her, but Karin stopped him. “She…needs time to think…” She mumbled, watching Sakura walk away. “She'll be back…she wouldn't leave you, and you know it.” Karin said, walking back to Suigetsu, who put an arm around her shoulder.
♦
Sakura pulled out her shrunken and threw them in one of the trees by her. I love Sasuke, but he still thinks that the love I have for him is the fake crush kind of love…and that isn't true love…Sakura thought, as she sat down on the ground. Rumbling thunder echoed in the distance. She knew that it was probably going to storm soon, but she wanted to be alone. Not only wanted, but needed. However, she picked herself up and stood in the one spot. It started to rain. Hard. As she stood there, she thought about Naruto…he was such a good friend…he understood everything…Sasuke wasn't that accepting…But I love him and I can't let him down…I made a promise…she thought, as she started walking back to the group. When she got there Karin and Suigetsu were making out in the rain (Oh how romantic…those two never give it a rest…) Juugo was shivering and Katara was sitting down next to Karin and watching them with a smirk on her face. But…where was Sasuke? Then she saw him. He was leaning on a tree. She walked over to him, and stood there watching him. He didn't move or make a sound. “Sasuke…” She whispered. He looked up into her eyes. They were expressionless; as usual…
“We should get going now…” Sakura mumbled, walking away from him. As they all walked to Orouchimaru's lair, Katara looked…less afraid…
“Katara…are you feeling ok?” Sakura asked her. “Yea…better then before. Sasuke said he wouldn't let Orouchimaru hurt me.” She said, twirling a piece of hair in her finger. Sakura looked over to Sasuke. He was looking ahead of him, walking. “That's…very sweet of him.” Sakura said. Smiling, she took Katara's hand. “We all will protect you with our lives.” She said. When they reached the entrance of the lair, Sasuke went in first, followed by Katara, Juugo, Karin, Suigetsu, and then Sakura. Sasuke walked beside her, but stopped her and the rest of the group. Standing in front of them was Kabuto.
“Move Kabuto…” Sasuke said. When he didn't move, Sakura came up to the front, and shoved him aside with her super human strength. He went crashing through the wall. The group then followed Sasuke to Orouchimaru's door. When he opened it, Orouchimaru was lying on his bed, sitting up, and he looked like he was in pain.
“Orouchimaru, we have brought the prisoner…” Sasuke said, pulling Katara in front of him. Orouchimaru didn't move. Then Kabuto walked into the room. “I was trying to stop all of you from coming in here; lord Orouchimaru is very sick. You wouldn't want to anger him now would you?” He asked, smirking.
“Shut up Kabuto. How were we supposed to know that? The only thing you did was stand in our way! You didn't even say anything.” Sakura said, walking up to him, but stopped when Orouchimaru mumbled out, “Bring me…Tsunade…I need her…to heal me…” Everyone looked at him. “No! She's the Hokage! You can't take her! I can heal you!” Sakura yelled out. “No…I need her…!” Orouchimaru managed to call out.
“I can do all the things she can do!” Sakura protested, but Sasuke grabbed her hand and pulled her aside. “Sakura, don't argue with him, he could take you're life.” Sasuke mumbled. “Are you on my side or not?” Sakura hissed. Sasuke sent her a death glare.
However this didn't bother her as much as it broke her heart when she was 12.
“Stop treating me like you did back when we were in ninja school Sasuke.” She mumbled, pulling her hand away from his grasp. This only made him more frustrated and confused. “Go…bring me Tsunade…” Orouchimaru said. “What will we do with Katara?” asked Sasuke. “Lock her in one of the spare rooms for now…” Kabuto answered. Katara looked terrified. Sakura noticed this. “I'll stay here with Katara.” Sakura said, putting a hand on her shoulder. “No, you need to go with Sasuke. You're the only one that can convince her to come here.” Kabuto answered. “I'm not tricking my master.” Sakura said. “Then…you will…die…” Orouchimaru said. “Kabuto kill her.” He finished. “No…” Sasuke stood in front of Sakura. “She will do it.” Before Sakura could protest, he turned around and looked her in the eye with his Sharingon, making her fall into unconsciousness. “Karin…you look after Katara.” Sasuke said. Karin nodded, and kissed Suigetsu on the cheek. “Be careful Suigetsu…” she whispered. He nodded, giving her a sad smile. Sasuke picked Sakura up and held her bridal style, and walked out of the lair. After a few minutes of traveling Sakura stirred in Sasuke's arms.
He stopped and laid her down. Her eyes fluttered open, as she got up. Seeing Sasuke, she looked at him with an angry look. “I'm going back…” She said, heading back to the lair, but Sasuke grabbed her hand, making her stop. “Remember you're promise-“
“That promise was 3 years ago! I would have never made it if it was going to lead to this! You betrayed me! And the village…I've lost my trust in you Sasuke, whatever promise I've made, it's not to be kept anymore!” She yelled out, walking away from him.
“If you think you can control me by reminding me of a promise that was made that long ago then you're wrong…” She mumbled.
“Sakura, it doesn't matter how long ago it was, you said you always keep you're promises!” He yelled out. “You don't need my help. You're an avenger…you told me that back then…it broke my heart…you don't need me!” She yelled back. Lightning stroke in the distance, lighting up the gray sky. “You said I was annoying, you didn't need me and Naruto! Why should you know? Unless you've suddenly realized what love is!” Rain started to fall from the sky. “I called you, begged you to come back that night you left, but you didn't. Maybe I should do the same for you!” She cried out. Sasuke was shocked; never had she been this furious since that day he left.
“Sakura-“
“No! Don't talk to me! I'm leaving! I'm going back to Konoha with Naruto; He actually cares about me!” The rain plastered her hair against her face. He then saw that she was crying. He walked over to her and grabbed her wrists, preventing her from leaving.
“Sasuke let me go! I'm through with you!” She said, tugging with all the strength she could muster, but he wouldn't let go. She finally gave up, letting her wrists hang loosely in his grasp. The rain fell, stinging her face as she let unwanted tears fall down her face. But as she looked in his eyes, she saw something she thought she would never see; emotion. His eyes were being opened…he was finally seeing what love meant…
He let go of her wrists, and as they fell limply to Sakura's side, she felt all the warmth go from her body. “Why aren't you letting me go? Back when we were twelve…you would have done anything to get me out of your sight…” Sakura mumbled, looking up into his eyes. “You're not the only one who has changed…” Sasuke said, looking down. But she put her hand on his cheek. “Why did you kiss me?” she asked.
“Sakura…I don't know…” he mumbled. Her hand dropped from his cheek, she clasped her hands together bringing her hands up to her chest. “You still don't tell me anything…you still don't trust me…Sasuke…I'll do anything for you, and yet you can't trust me with you're feelings?” She whispered. “Sakura-“
But this time, a blond ninja interrupted him. “SASUKE!!” Naruto punched Sasuke in the face. Someone ran over to Sakura, hugging her. “Ino!” Sakura called out, hugging her back. “We're taking you back to Konoha!” Ino said, but Sakura pulled back. “I…I can't leave without Sasuke…” she said. “Sakura go with the team!” Naruto called out.
“No! I can't and won't leave without Sasuke!” she cried, still crying. Izuma stepped out from behind the group. “Summoning Water!” she cried out. The rain that soaked everyone stopped; shooting towards Izuma, she motioned for the water to go to Sasuke. It slammed into him, engulfing him in the water. She made a jutsu sign, making it turn to ice, freezing Sasuke. “Sakura…make your decision. Will you come to Konoha with us or stay with Sasuke?” Izuma asked. “No! Sasuke will come to Konoha with us!” Sakura yelled over the pounding thunder. “Sakura…he's a threat…a runaway ninja. You know the price he would have to pay for betraying Konoha.” Shikamaru said. “He can't come Sakura.” Neji added.
“The consequences he would have to pay would be death.” Hinata said, leaning down next to Sakura. “No!” Sakura yelled, running away from the group. Ino, Tenten, and Hinata ran to go comfort her, while the guys and Izuma would deal with Sasuke.
“Izuma, unfreeze him.” Shikamaru ordered. Izuma nodded, as her mark flashed, and the ice melted away. The rain pounded on the group again. Sasuke fell to the ground, gasping for air. Naruto grabbed him by the back of his shirt, making him look him in the eye.
“You betrayed her! You broke her heart!” Naruto yelled in his face. “Shut up loser…” Sasuke said, pulling away from Naruto. “You'll die if you don't cooperate.” Shikamaru said. “Why Sasuke? Why did you do it! You heartless beast, why!?” Naruto punched Sasuke again in the face, making Sasuke scowl. “Shut up baka!” (Baka means `stupid' or `idiot' in Japanese.) He said, punching Naruto in the gut, sending him flying into a tree.
“You know she loved you!” Kiba said, as Akamaru growled at Sasuke.
“Just shut up! I've done nothing wrong to her! We've been nothing but teammates to each other the time she's been here!” Sasuke yelled out.
“Then why was she crying her eyes out when we got here!?” Naruto screamed, getting up from the punch Sasuke had given him, blood dripping out of the corner of his mouth.
But before he could answer, Sakura walked out of the woods with Tenten, Hinata, and Ino. “Naruto, I can handle this…” Sakura mumbled. Naruto nodded, going over to stand next to Hinata. “N-Naruto, are you ok?” Hinata asked. “Ah don't worry about me Hinata, I'll be fine.” Naruto said, giving her a toothy grin. “W-would you like some healing ointment?” She asked him, handing him a small bottle. “Sure! Thanks Hinata!” He replied, taking the bottle from her hand.
Sakura walked over to Sasuke, and mumbled in his ear, “When Itachi dies; I'll take you back to Konoha. I'll be part of you're group, I'll help you get you're revenge…because I promised…but I'll only do it if you promise to come home when Itachi dies.”
“I will come home…I…promise…” Sasuke mumbled back. Sakura smirked, and looked over to Naruto and the group. “All of you…go back to Konoha. I'll come home… I promise. And when I do I won't come alone.” She said. Walking over to Naruto, she kissed him on the cheek. “I promise…” She whispered in his ear. “Take care of Hinata…and everyone else Naruto…” Sakura said. “I will Sakura…I promise…” he said.
Walking back over to Sasuke, she told everyone goodbye. “Itachi and Orouchimaru will die…then we'll come home Naruto…” Sakura called back as her and Sasuke started jumping through the trees.