Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kekkei Genkai Aura Manipulation ❯ Jenna ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

Recap:
After being dumped, Saiya healed fast in the hospital and was released a few days later. Kakashi goes to her and their relationship blossoms again. That is until they go on a mission and Saiya gets hurt. Kakashi blames himself and tells Saiya to stay away from him.

Chapter 10. Jenna

“Uh…Saiya?” Sakura peeked her head into my bedroom.

“Yeah?” I said drowsy.

“If you don’t get up soon, we’ll be late for Jen-chan’s training.”

“Shit!” I jumped out of bed and threw my clothes on. We ended up running to the training grounds and just made it. Everyone was there, just like when I was trained. Except, of course, Kakashi. I knew he wouldn’t be here. Still, my heart sank.

Jenna smiled at me and I smiled back. I knew she could sense how sad I was. She made a face at me.

Jenna’s training was the same as mine. Today she was doing target practice. She wasn’t as fast or as good as me, but she did pretty well.

When it was time for lunch, we went to Ichiraku Ramen, as usual. Jenna could eat. A lot. She was second only to Naruto.

“Wow! Where do you put it all?” Ino asked.

“Huh?” Jenna asked confused.

“You eat a lot!” Tenten said.

“You’ll get fat if you eat like that all the time!” Ino added.

“Leave her be,” Kiba defended. “She has a healthy appetite.” He smiled at Jenna. She blushed.

When we got back, it was time for her to use her powers. Unlike me, she didn’t stumble. Didn’t shake. Didn’t throw up, faint, breathe heavy, or even look tired. She went for hours. Her fighting could use some work, but her power was chilling. Literally. Any time she used it, the air around her would drop in temperature. That was strange. When I used aura, the air got warmer.

“That was impressive,” Tsunade complimented as the sun started to go down.

“Thanks, but can we call it a night?” Jenna yawned.

“Be here tomorrow,” Tsunade said and left.

“Jen, you did really good today,” I congratulated my sister as we walked together with Tenten and Sakura.

“Really? You think so?”

“Yeah,” I smiled.

She smiled back, then said seriously, “So what happened? Why did Kakashi dump you this time?”

“EHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?!?” Sakura and Tenten yelled in unison.

So, I had to explain why I was dumped…the second time.

“Well, you’re better off without him,” Tenten assured me.

“I agree,” Sakura said. “he has too many secrets anyway.”

“And he’s gay,” Jen said seriously.

We stopped and stared at her.

“Kidding,” she shrugged. “You’re all being way too serious.”

“Wow, I thought you were being serious,” Sakura sighed.

“In all seriousness, Sai, just forget about him.,” Jenna said. “If he wants to play head games, you should play head games right back,” she said this in a dark voice.

“What?”

“Go out with someone else.”

“No way,” I said waving my hands back and forth.

“That’s a good idea. He’d get so jealous,” Tenten said.

“No.”

“Yeah! He’d come crawling back,” Sakura said.

“I said no.”

“You’re no fun…” Jenna pouted.

“Besides. It would be awful to use someone like that. And who would anyway?”

There was a pause.

“Gai-sensei?” Tenten suggested. “His number one rival.”

“EHHHH?” I shouted. “No way in hell!”

“What about Sasuke, his star pupil?” Jenna said.

“No way!” Sakura and I yelled together.

“Kiba?” Sakura asked.

“No!” Jenna yelled. “I mean….if you want…”

“No.” I said bluntly.

“What about Naruto? That would annoy Kakashi,” Jenna said.

“Not happening. He’s one of my best friends.”

“Hey, I heard my name,” Naruto said coming up behind us. He scared Tenten and Sakura, but Jen and I both knew he was there.

“It’s nothing,” I told him. Then Jen told him what we were talking about.

“It’s a good idea,” Naruto agreed. “Just not me. That would be awkward.”

“Yep,” I agreed.

“What about Kankuro?”

“Huh?”

“He’s interested in you. Date him.”

“I don’t think so,” I said. “Let’s just forget it.”

“Alright! Kankuro it is!” Jenna yelled.

“I said ‘no.’ Drop it.”

“Okay…” Jen pouted again.
***
The next two weeks were filled with training for Jenna. I didn’t have any missions, so I went to all of them. Jenna had new clothes that I had sewed for her. She wore a short sleeved mesh shirt under a black mid-cut tank. Her pants were black samurai pants with the slits on the upper thigh area. She flashed some skin there. She also wore hobo style mesh gloves and her ninja headband was tied around her neck. Like me, she had a favorite weapon. It was twin Katana. The sheaths were strapped to her back.
Today was her last day of training. She didn’t know it, but she’d be sparing with me. Everyone came today, and they couldn’t wait to see it. The same two Kekkei Genkais going at it. It would be a fight to see. We were all waiting for Tsunade now.
“Okay, Jenna. Today is your last training day. You’ll be sparing with,” Tsunade paused, “Saiya.”
I stepped forward.
“What?” Jenna yelled. “She’s my sister, I can’t fight her seriously!” She argued with Tsunade for at least 10 minutes.
Finally I couldn’t take it. I drew out one fan and jumped into the air towards Jen. She turned just before my foot connected to her stomach. She hit the ground hard. I landed with my feet on either side of her and crouched down. I held the sharp edge of the fan to her throat.
“Don’t hesitate,” I told her. “No matter who your opponent is. Don’t ever hesitate. It may look like me, but it may not be me.”
“People can change their faces here, but not their aura!” Jenna said through clenched teeth.
I pressed the steel lightly to her chin, “You don’t know that.”
“Saiya…” She growled, “Get. Off.”
“Make me.” She glared. I felt the surge of aura and I jumped quickly back doing a flip.
Jenna stood, drawing her swords from their sheaths. I took out my second fan, “Getting serious now?”
“Think you can handle it, Onee-san?”
“Hm,” I smirked. “I know I can Nee-chan.” True we were twins, but I was first born. I didn’t give her the chance to reply. I charged her.
For a while, we just hit at each other with our weapons. She wouldn’t even attempt countering my moves. She just dodged and blocked. She wasn’t serious at all. I left her an opening on purpose and she didn’t take it. Fool. I trapped both her swords in one fan, closed the second one, and punched her in the face. Her head snapped back so I took the chance to kick her in the chest. She stumbled back a couple feet and landed on her back. I threw two kunai, each landing on either side of her face.
“Death.” I said. “You’re not being serious, Jenna! You’re not even trying!”
“Oh shut up,” she sat up.
“No! You’re doing exactly what our parents did!”
This got a reaction. Her eyes opened wide.
“That’s why they’re dead, Jenna. Dead! Because they refused to fight someone they knew, someone they trusted! That’s why our sister and brother are dead!”
“Shut up.”
“And for what, Jenna? For the honor Father spoke of? For the faith Mother spoke of? What honor and faith is there when you let your comrades die because of the face your enemy wears?”
“Shut up.”
“None! Now stand up and fight Jenna! Or our parent’s deaths are worth nothing!”
“Shut up, Saiya!!!!” She lashed out with aura. It was cold when it hit. So cold, in fact, that my shoulder went numb. I looked at it. There was a thick layer of ice covering it. Everyone stared and she stood gaping at it.
“A new power, little sister?” I asked.
She just stared at it. Surprised at what she had done.
“That’s interesting.” I released my own aura. The ice sizzled and steam rolled off as it melted. So, she could make ice. I made heat. I shot a burst of steaming aura at her. She quickly threw up her own, but not quick enough. My aura slammed through hers and threw her back into a tree several feet off the ground. She slid down on her butt.
“Ugh…” she stood up and put a hand on the tree. Ice began to spread out on it. “Saiya…” She pushed off the tree so fast that an indent was left where her hand had been. She was about to punch, so I guarded. She then faked the punch, did a back flip, and kicked me square in the chin. I bit my lip as I stumbled back. Jenna charged and jumped up. She was coming down on me fast. When she was close enough, I kicked out. My foot connected with her stomach. My power surged around me. Jenna crossed her arms in front of her face. A small shield of ice formed right before heat slammed into her, throwing her into the air. The shield melted, but did it’s job. Her arms and face were wet now and she did a flip to land further away from me.
We kept going all day. We used everything, aura, ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, tools. By the end, we were smiling. We were having fun not having to hold anything back. We were matched. It was amazing. It was the most fun I’d had in over 10 years. I could tell it was for Jenna too.
Finally, Tsunade had to stop us. It was already dark out, and we were getting tired, slower. We both plopped down on the ground panting. We looked at each other and laughed.
“That was great!” I said.
“Hell yeah!” Jenna agreed.
“Well, I think you’re both ready,” Tsunade said.
We looked up at her and said in perfect unison, “For what?”
“In one month, you’ll be entering the Chunin exams,” she told us.
The smiles we already had grew bigger. We couldn’t wait.
“I’ll have to assign another Genin to your squad so you can enter. We’ll give you some missions to get used to each other after that.”
With that, she dismissed everyone. Jenna and I said bye as we separated.
I got home and immediately fell onto my bed. I hope this other ninja can fight. No way I’ll let this kid bring me down. I will pass the exam and I will make Chunin. I know it.
I just know it.

Well, took me long enough to get this chapter done. Sorry for the wait. Please review!!!!!!!!!!