Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Key Through the Heart ❯ The Toad Sage Appears! ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

llIVoice of Destiny/Inner Sakura
 
“Normal Talking”
 
Thoughts/Sound Effects
 
“Flashback dialogue/Japanese/Emphasis of words”
 
“Demon speak”
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Key Through the Heart
 
A fanfiction by Andrew J. Talon
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, or any of the characters or properties mentioned in this story. The story's mine, the concept is mine, but everything else is not mine. And I'm certainly not writing this for profit.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Naruto hated the hospital. Bad memories seemed to leap out at him everywhere. Glaring nurses, spiteful doctors, pain…
 
Yeah, pain definitely featured prominently here.
 
Naruto didn't care though. He ignored the glare from the nurse at the station. He was, after all, on a mission.
 
“Kakashi-sensei!”
 
The grey-haired jounin turned around, his lone visible eye looking directly at Naruto.
 
“Ah, Naruto. Just the person I wanted to see.”
 
Naruto grinned happily. “Kakashi-sensei, I need you to train me. For the finals, I mean.”
 
Kakashi nodded.
 
“I know. That's why I got someone to handle your training for the month before the finals.”
 
Naruto's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. What the… Someone else?
 
“What? Why can't you train me?” The blond's eyes narrowed. “You're going to be training Sasuke, aren't you?!”
 
Kakashi's body language gave nothing away, but Naruto was sure he was right.
 
“I can't tell you anything about it,” Kakashi replied simply. “Besides, you have needs that I can't really-“
 
“And what about Sakura-chan? Hm? Have you lined up someone for her too? Someone else to do your job?” Naruto demanded. Kakashi shrugged.
 
“She will be pursuing her own studies. And lest we forget, Naruto, that I am your instructor and commander. I think it's safe to say I can judge your abilities more accurately than you can.”
 
He gave Naruto an eye smile, which Naruto responded to with a glare.
 
“Now, now, the instructor I have for you is a much respected teacher-Oh, there he is.”
 
The Keyblade flashed into existence in Naruto's hand and he swung around, his eyes widening as he saw the man Kakashi indicated right behind him.
 
“YOU! You closet pervert! What the hell do you want?” Naruto growled. Ebisu pushed up his sunglasses with an indignant huff.
 
“I am not a closet pervert, thank you very much! And you should be honored! If I'm a good enough teacher for Konohamaru-sama, I'm certainly good enough for you!”
 
“Even though I beat you with my Harem jutsu?” Naruto shot back. Ebisu coughed, looking extremely tense. Kakashi blinked.
 
“'Harem jutsu'?”
 
“It's nothing, really! Merely a childish prank, nothing more Kakashi-sempai! But rest assured that in my care-!”
 
“Oh screw this!” Naruto growled, shaking the Keyblade at Ebisu angrily. “I'm not learning anything from you, thanks a lot! And Kakashi-sensei! Just because some snake freak is after Sasuke's ass, possibly literally, doesn't mean you get to neglect the rest of your students!”
 
Naruto turned and stalked past Kakashi, who put out a hand to try and stop him.
 
“Naruto, be reasonable!”
 
“I've got friends to visit,” Naruto said flatly, knocking his sensei's hand away and continuing down the hallway. Kakashi sighed, and Ebisu frowned, walking up to stand next to the Copy Ninja.
 
“Well, he's certainly grateful, isn't he?” The sunglasses wearing ninja sniffed. Kakashi sighed again.
 
“I suppose I should have considered his previous experiences with teachers,” the jounin mused aloud. “Aside from Iruka… No one else has given him true instruction.”
 
“What should I do then, sir?” Ebisu asked. Kakashi frowned under his mask.
 
“Approach him after he's visited his friends, and offer to train him again. A demonstration of what he can learn from you would work best, I think.”
 
Ebisu nodded and turned to go.
 
“One more thing, Ebisu-san.”
 
The younger man turned around. “Yes sir?”
 
Kakashi eye-smiled.
 
“Closet pervert?”
 
Ebisu blanched.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
209… 207… 205… 203
 
A flash of killer intent ran over Naruto's senses. His eyes met very familiar brown ones, in an unfamiliar, glaring face.
 
“Tsume-san,” Naruto nodded politely. The blacksmith narrowed his eyes, a fist closing.
He walked down the pale hospital hallway and stopped a meter from the boy. The two stared each other down.
 
“… You going to visit my daughter?” Tsume asked flatly. Naruto nodded.
 
“She's my friend,” he replied, with as much conviction as he could manage. Tsume grunted, and stalked by, eyes firmly ahead. Naruto frowned, watching him depart over his shoulder. With a shrug, he walked into the hospital room.
 
“Hey, uh… Who are you?” Naruto blinked. There was a somewhat familiar-looking girl sitting in a hospital bed, with long brown hair framing her face. Naruto blushed as the girl looked up, frowning.
 
“Naruto? What do you…? Oh.” She rolled her eyes, and grabbed her long brown hair in both hands, holding them up into some crude buns. A flash of understanding appeared in the blond boy's eyes.
 
“Oh! Tenten! Sorry, I didn't recognize you.”
 
Tenten glowered.
 
“I mean, you looked so pretty so I-No wait, I didn't mean-Not that you're not pretty but-!“ Naruto flailed about, finally stopping when Tenten began to laugh.
 
“It's okay Naruto, I know I wear my hair like that most of the time.” She smirked. “It's easier to hide shuriken that way.”
 
Naruto grinned back.
 
“Heh, cool. “
 
Tenten smiled happily.
 
“So! What are you doing here?” I thought you would still be watching over Hinata
 
Tenten squelched that bitter thought.
 
“Can't I visit my friend in the hospital? I mean, what if you were on your deathbed?” Naruto asked, with a slightly teasing smile under concerned eyes. Tenten rolled her own.
 
“I'm fine; I didn't hit the wall that hard. The chakra absorbed a lot of the impact.”
 
“So, what's with the hospital get-up?”
 
“Overprotective father… always wants me fully checked out,” Tenten rolled her eyes. Naruto shrugged, and slightly forced a smile on his face.
 
“Hey… Least he's looking out for you, right?” Tenten's eyes widened ever so slightly.
 
“Yeah… He is,” she said quietly. She cleared her throat.
 
“So… If you're willing to wait for fifteen minutes, I'll be checked out and I can take you to my shop?”
 
“Um, I'm not sure that's such a great idea…” Naruto began, but Tenten shot him a disapproving look.
 
“Naruto, your clothes are a mess, and I got a look at your weapons. Aside from your Keyblade, they're all in lousy condition. You need replacements.”
 
“Er… What about your father?” Naruto asked. Tenten smiled mischievously.
 
“Just show him your wallet and I think you'll find he'll be pretty agreeable.”
 
Naruto really doubted that, but if he wavered Tenten might wonder why her father hated him, and well…
 
He didn't want her to hate him too. He nodded and smiled happily.
 
“Sure! I'll be back. Just have to see a few other friends…”
 
Naruto stepped out of the room and headed back down the hallway, scanning for the next room. He grinned as he came across a certain one. Naruto stuck his head in the door.
 
“Hey, Fuzzy Brows! How're you…” He trailed off at the forlorn expression on Lee's face. His right arm and legs were held in thick casts, reclining in a hospital bed.
 
"Fuzzy Brows, what's the matter?" Naruto asked, and Rock Lee looked up, forcing a smile on his face as he opened his mouth to speak...

Only to be suddenly interrupted as Gai, who had been sitting beside his bed in silent sorrow, sprang to his feet, sobbing loudly.

"MY PRECIOUS STUDENT HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN IN THE PRIME OF HIS
YOUTH BY CRUEL FATE!" Gai cried. Naruto was struck silent, and a little freaked out, by the unexpected reaction.

Finding his voice, Naruto asked "What do you mean?"

"My poor, precious pupil's injuries are of such severity that he can no longer be a shinobi!" Gai answered, tears still flowing down his cheeks.

"WHAT?! Not be a shinobi?" Naruto asked, turning to Rock Lee, who nodded from his place in bed.

"Yes Naruto-kun, due to my injuries, I can... I can..." Rock Lee's voice
faltered as he clenched his eyes tight, tears flowing down his face.

Steeling himself, Rock Lee let out a slow breath, saying in barely above a whisper "I can no longer be a shinobi..."

"Fuzzy Brows... I'm... I'm really sorry." Naruto said, looking to the ground, his fists clenched tight.

However, he yelped in surprise as Maito Gai suddenly grabbed him in a tight hug, lifting the blonde Keybearer off the ground as he sobbed "SUCH YOUTH AND HONOUR YOU DISPLAY IN YOUR SORROW FOR A FALLEN COMRADE, NARUTO!"

Naruto tried to wiggle from the hold, gasping for as he squeaked "Gai-sensei... You're... Crushing... Me!"

Gai caught himself, and released Naruto, who fell onto his rear as Gai said "I do apologize Naruto. My grief over poor Lee caused me to momentarily loose control of myself."

"N-no problem." Naruto said, taking deep
breathes as Gai returned to his seat beside Rock Lee, who was looking solemnly at his bandaged hands.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"You know Kakashi, you never were good with people."

Kakashi turned quickly to face the white-haired Sannin standing behind him, arms crossed over his chest, a smirk on his face.

"What do you mean?" Kakashi asked, and Jiraiya smirked and said "You don't just go up to a kid whose had Naruto's life, say "Hey kid, here's your new sensei!", and expect him t
o go along with it. Especially if that sensei is a man like Ebisu."

"Well, what do you plan to do Jiraiya-sama?" Kakashi asked, and the Toad Sage's smirk grew as he said
, "Let me worry about that, Kakashi. You go and train the Uchiha brat."

Kakashi
nodded.
 
“I'm nearly out of range. See you in a month.” The clone disappeared in a burst of smoke. Jiraiya stood smirking at the spot the "Copy-Cat Nin" had just vacated.

'But first...
To the Hot Springs!' Jiraiya thought, a lecherous smirk crossing his face as he too disappeared in a burst of smoke.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Sasuke blinked blearily, his vision slowly coming into focus.
 
Am I still dreaming…? When he slept he usually saw the faces of his parents, sometimes their murderer, that man… But here, he saw stars. Astronomy had never been one of Sasuke's interests, but even he could appreciate how clear they were.
 
“Good, you're awake.” Sasuke turned his head and blinked, finally taking in the rest of his surroundings. Kakashi sat in a strangely shaped chair (identical to one he himself was strapped into), manipulating some elaborate-looking controls. He frowned.
 
“Where are we?”
 
The spaceship Tsunade's Bosom,” Kakashi replied. Sasuke blinked.
 
“Spaceship. Tsunade's Bosom,” he repeated incredulously. Kakashi chuckled.
 
“An interesting name, befitting its owner.”
 
“Spaceship…?”
 
“There are more things in heaven and earth than has been dreamt in your philosophy, Uchiha Sasuke,” Kakashi observed mildly. Sasuke blinked again.
 
“What…?”
 
“I'll start from the beginning,” Kakashi said with an eye smile, as he inputted the Interspace coordinates. “But first, I suggest you brace yourself.”
 
“Brace for what?”
 
There was a mechanical scream from behind, as the vessel lurched and a burst of white light filled Sasuke's vision. He activated his Sharingan, filtering through the new sensory input as best he could. His amazing eyes widened as he took in the incredible swirling energies before him.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
“Someplace safe, to train for the finals.”
 
Sasuke felt a thrill in his heart. Training I can finally gain the strength I need!
 
“Keep in mind, Sasuke… I am not going to merely teach you how to fight,” Kakashi broke into Sasuke's thoughts. The Uchiha frowned and looked over at his instructor, a question in his eyes. The Copy Ninja chuckled.
 
“Oh, you'll find out… Provided your eyes are keen enough…”
 
Sasuke scowled, confused. Does he mean I need to develop the Sharingan further?
 
Kakashi rolled his visible eye. God, I hope they can straighten him out, even a little…
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
Naruto walked down the streets of Konoha, lost in thought over what Rock Lee and Maito Gai had said. When Tenten had learned, she decided to stay with her teammate and sensei.

Naruto didn't argue, and offered to
come by the store later on. Tenten had smiled and agreed, so Naruto left the three alone, hoping Tenten could do something for the two distraught green-clad nin.

However, as he walked past the Hot Springs, he was dragged out of his thoughts by a
familiar voice crying "Hey brat!"

Naruto tu
rned to the source of the voice. Frowning, he walked up to a fence and climbed up to the top of it. He then gaped at Ebisu, as he saw the man was literally standing on water. The sunglasses-wearing ninja was on the surface of an open-air hot spring pool.

"How are you doing that?" Naruto asked, and the Ebisu smirked as he said "I'll be mo
re than happy to teach you, brat. Just accept me as your sensei for the month."

Naruto ignored the insults, more interested in learning from the teacher, and nodded as he said "Alright Closet Pervert, if you teach me to walk on water, I'll accept you as my sensei."

Ebisu nodded in agreement and casually strolled over to Naruto across the hot water, who faced him, smiling eagerly. Stepping onto dry land, Ebisu readjusted his sunglasses and looked down on Naruto, who watched him expectantly.

"Now, I understand you've already mastered the tree-walking skill, am I right?" Ebisu asked, and Naruto nodded.

"Well, this wi
ll be more difficult that that. While you merely had to put a set amount of chakra into your feet to walk up trees, to walk on water you have to constantly expel a set amount of chakra from your feet to keep you from sinking. This skill will not only allow you to walk upon water, but also teach you to properly control the amount of chakra you release at any given time." Ebisu explained, and Naruto nodded in acknowledgement.

"Now, I want you to start working on expelling the chakra from your feet and walking across that hot spring." Ebisu said, and Naruto looked at him and asked "Why the hot spring?"

"Because not wanting to fall into the hot water will motivate you to learn it faster." Ebisu answered, and Naruto nodded, turning to face the hot spring, already channeling chakra into his feet.
 
I'll show you, you stuck up closet perv!
 
He took a step out onto the water… And immediately fell straight in. Splash!
 
“YEEEEOOOOW! HOT! HOT! HOT!”
 
Ebisu sighed as the blond frantically splashed his way out of the pool, face as red as a cooked lobster's. Naruto scowled, got back to his feet, and recharged his feet with chakra.
 
“Again!”
 
Step. Splash!
 
“YEEEOOOOOOOWWWW! HOT! HOT!”
 
“You know, you could use your Keyblade,” Ebisu suggested mildly to the hard-breathing Naruto. The blond growled.
 
“Screw you! I don't need it for this!”
 
Ebisu's forehead wrinkled at this. Odd… Kakashi-sempaitold me his chakra control was much better with the Keyblade. So why isn't he using it?
 
Recharge. Step. Splash!
 
“GYEEEAAHHHH! OWWWW!”
 
Ebisu's frown continued to grow, even as Naruto gradually began to get the hang of the exercise.
 
Maybe Konohamaru-sama's respect for you is not unfounded, Naruto… You refuse to use the Keyblade even though it would make things easier for you…
 
“I… I think I'm getting it! I think I-!”
 
SPLASH!
 
“SHIT! OW! OW! GOD DAMNIT, OWWWWW!”
 
A small smile emerged on the jounin's face.
 
You have great determination, Naruto… I see now what my student sees in you… Though you could learn some cleaner language…
 
“Gah… Hey!” Naruto narrowed his eyes. “That guy!”
 
Ebisu turned his gaze and frowned. An old man in outrageous garb was peering through the fence of the woman's side of the baths. The jounin smirked.
 
“HEY! YOU! OLD MAN! HOW DARE YOU ACT IN SUCH A WAY!” He shouted, leaping forward to seize the miscreant by the collar.
 
Said old man just rolled his eyes. “Kuchiyose no jutsu!”
 
A poof of smoke heralded the appearance of a huge, orange and blue toad. Ebisu gawked, the man's face finally coming into view.
 
No! It's-!
 
“WAAAUUUGGGHHHH!”
 
WHAM! The toad's tongue had caught him like a fly and slammed him into the pavement. Naruto, watching from a distance, gaped in disbelief.
 
“Woah… How the hell did you do that? That was so cool! The blond enthused. The wild-haired old man grinned.
 
Well, how's this for convenience? Jiraiya thought.
 
“Uzumaki Naruto, right?” He prompted. Naruto grinned.
 
“That's me! Uzumaki Naruto, future Hokage!”
 
The Sannin rolled his eyes.
 
Yeah, he's hisson all right…
 
“Anyway, you kind of… took out my instructor. My trainer, for the Chuunin finals,” Naruto said, looking at Ebisu with a snort. “Not a big loss…”
 
“Hey, everyone's gotta learn water walking, right?” Jiraiya suggested. Naruto snorted.
 
“Yeah, sure That's what I learn…My real teacher in the meantime teaches my teammate some cool jutsus!”
 
“Sounds rough, kid,” Jiraiya shook his head. He snapped his fingers. “Tell you what… Since I knocked out your teacher, why don't I train you?”
 
Naruto frowned.
 
“Huh? You?”
 
“You have heard of me, right?”
 
Naruto frowned, and scrutinized Jiraiya. The Toad Sannin smiled and puffed himself up proudly.
 
“… Are you a famous actor?” The blond asked. Jiraiya faced faulted hard enough to crack the pavement.
 
“NO!” Jiraiya leapt to the top of his toad, and struck a dramatic pose.
 
“I am a lover of women! A master of ninja arts obscure and powerful, subtle and magnificent! I am Jiraiya, the Toad Sannin!”
 
Naruto blinked. Jiraiya held his pose for a few extra moments, sweat drops decorating his head.
 
“Um…Who?”
 
Jiraiya groaned.
 
Well, he isKakashi's student…
 
“I write this series!” He declared, holding up a copy of Icha Icha Paradise. Naruto made a face.
 
“What?! You write those books?! You pervert!”
 
“Pervert? I am insulted! I'm no mere pervert!” Jiraiya huffed, deeply offended. Naruto glared.
 
“Oh? If you're not a pervert, then what are you?” He growled. Jiraiya smirked confidently.
 
“I'm a super pervert!”
 
Naruto gawked. He actually admitsit?!
 
“Of course, if you don't want to be trained by a legendary ninja,” Jiraiya spoke, rubbing his nails against his tunic with a smile. Naruto scowled.
 
“I'm not even convinced you're sane, old man! Are you sure you didn't wander out of the retirement home to peek on girls?
 
Jiraiya twitched. Retirement home?! Why that little…!
 
“Fine, you need more proof?” Jiraiya smirked. “Try to take me down with your Keyblade.”
 
Naruto gaped. “What… What are you talking about, Old Perv?!”
 
“Oh c'mon kid. Your chakra signature, not to mention your magic signature, practically screams `Keybearer'. You've got one of the most powerful demons in existence sealed inside you, and a weapon that can cause entire worlds to collapse in on themselves.” Jiraiya shook his head, dismissing his toad with a wave of his hand and walking up to the frozen Naruto.
 
“How… How do you know about…?”
 
“Legendary Sannin, kid,” Jiraiya smirked. He sighed. “That thing's going to try to take you over through your Keyblade.”
 
“I… It can't take me over if I don't use it's chakra,” Naruto defended himself shakily. Jiraiya frowned.
 
“It has offered you power though, hasn't it?”
 
Naruto's silence was answer enough. The Keybearer looked up, eyes that seemed too serious, too mature for the young face they were in. Jiraiya mentally sighed. He recognized the expression all too well.
 
“It's going to keep trying to get at you… No matter how strong your will is, it's got a few thousand years of experience in dealing with humans. And it will win…”
 
“Then tell me how to stop that from happening,” Naruto stated. His eyes narrowed. “You wouldn't be telling me this if there wasn't some way to control it!”
 
Jiraiya became extremely grim.
 
“It's not going to be easy, kid…It might end up killing you.”
 
“And if I don't learn how to control it I'll end up destroying the universe. Gee, tough choice,” Naruto replied sarcastically. Jiraiya snorted with a smirk.
 
“Not the first choice of a lot of other kids your age, you know.”
 
“Well, screw `em!” Naruto grinned. “Other kids my age aren't going to be Hokage some day!”
 
Jiraiya shook his head in bemusement. Well, least he'll be interesting…
 
“So, what can you train me in?” Naruto asked eagerly. “How to blow stuff up by hitting them with my Keyblade?”
 
“As I recall you already know how to do that,” Jiraiya noted wryly. Naruto's grin grew wider.
 
“Yeah… But you can never have enough explosions, right?”
 
Yep… Definitelyinteresting… Jiraiya said to himself.
 
Unknown to both ninja, a small mage's glowing eyes were firmly locked on them both. A frown was on his mostly expressionless face.
 
Shunshin no Jutsu,” he muttered, vanishing with a poof of smoke. Jiraiya's gaze turned, his senses alerting him to the energy signature… Not of chakra. Naruto's Keyblade flashed into existence as something tugged at his awareness.
 
“What the heck was that?”
 
Jiraiya grinned.
 
“Looks like I found our first lesson.”
 
“I still have to learn water walking…”
 
The Sannin rolled his eyes.
 
“Second lesson then.”
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
“Are you sure you don't need anything Ino? I could get you ice cream if you want, the kind you like?”
 
Ino's grateful smile to her mother was getting a little strained. “I'm fine Mom, really! I just want some time to myself, to be honest.”
 
Yamanaka Yuki smiled at her daughter and shook her head. “I'm sorry honey. I'm just… Well…”
 
“It's okay Mom… I know. It was rough for me too,” Ino replied quietly. Yuki gave her daughter one last hug, before turning and walking out the door. Alone at last, the blonde sighed and flopped down on her bed, letting her staff drop to the floor.
 
“Ino!”
 
“WAH!” Ino screeched, tumbling off her bed and scrambling for her discarded staff. With ninja speed she got a grip and swung it at full speed at the invader.
 
CRACK! The staff was stopped with a single, yellow gloved finger. Ino blinked.
 
“You okay? Your mouth is really wide,” Vivi asked. The blonde closed her mouth, then opened it again.
 
“How the heck did you do that?!”
 
“Well, that was what I was going to teach you later, but there's something bigger going on here,” he said. Ino blinked.
 
“Such as…?”
 
“Your friend, the blond one, with the whiskers? He's using magic.”
 
Ino blinked.
 
“You mean Naruto? What? I use chakra, he uses chakra…
 
Vivi shook his head.
 
“No, not chakra. Magic. There's a big difference, trust me. It seems to be from that key-shaped weapon of his.”
 
“His Keyblade? Sure, it's weird but-“ Vivi frantically shook his head.
 
“No, no it's different from anything on your world.”
 
Ino blinked again.
 
My world? Then… It's from your world?”
 
“It's not from my world either,” Vivi stated.
 
“Then what world is it from? I mean, how do you know?” Ino asked.
 
It's simple. Just as you have chakra senses, the capability to sense chakra energy, I can sense magical energy. My senses are developed enough for me to actually see the energies. And that weapon's got so much magical energy it nearly blinded me,” Vivi stated.
 
“You're kidding… Naruto's got something like that?” Ino's eyes bugged out. Vivi nodded. The blonde shrugged.
 
“Well, he's certainly surprisingly,” Ino said thoughtfully. A smile began to grow on her face, alongside a plan in her head. “Tell me Vivi-sensei… Does this mean Naruto might be able to use magic?”
 
Vivi shrugged. “Well, not everyone who has a magical item can actually use it but-“
 
“Then we should find out, right?” Ino said eagerly. Vivi frowned.
 
“Well, I suppose-“
 
“Then c'mon! Let's go! We can contribute to his training against that Hyuuga hottie!”
 
“Hyuuga hottie?” Vivi asked. “WAUGH!”
 
Ino grabbed Vivi and dragged him out the window as she jumped to the rooftops.
 
“Wait a minute! I-I-I can't-!”
 
“Just turn invisible!”
 
“But if people see you-?”
 
“Would you just relax? God, you're so uptight!”
 
Vivi was painfully reminded of one of numerous lectures Zidane gave him on how to handle women. He suddenly wished he'd paid more attention…
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Even to someone as cynical as Uchiha Sasuke, he couldn't help a small feeling of wonder at the view of the world far below him. The sun peeked over the horizon of the planet, casting light across vast blue oceans, white clouds and green landmasses.
 
Kakashi felt another smile coming on.
 
Where…?”
 
“Keep in mind, Sasuke, that what I'm about to tell you is a S-Class secret. You cannot tell anyone,” he said, deathly seriously. Sasuke turned his head and looked at his instructor, focusing. Kakashi nodded.
 
“Right… You know about the three Sannin, and the Sandaime?”
 
Sasuke nodded. Kakashi smirked.
 
“You should, considering he's your namesake.”
 
“How do you know that?” Sasuke demanded. Kakashi rolled his visible eye.
 
“Who else would they name you for in the village?” Kakashi asked flatly. Sasuke glowered as his sensei continued.
 
“In any event, among the many missions they carried out were exploring the galaxy, using an alien starship we dug out from the outskirts of Konoha.”
 
“Alien starship?” Sasuke asked skeptically. Kakashi nodded.
 
“We were able to repair it, and through extensive study determined how to make it run again. Not to mention reverse engineer some of its technology. Where do you think we got our computers?”
 
“Aliens,” Sasuke deadpanned. Kakashi shrugged.
 
“I could open the cockpit, vent the atmosphere and expose us to hard vacuum to convince you?”
 
Sasuke glared. Kakashi sighed and shook his head.
 
Everybody's a critic…
 
“Fine. In any event, we found out that that vessel, and additional vessels we acquired from offworld, can jump between universes.”
 
“Universes,” Sasuke deadpanned.
 
“Yes, universes,” Kakashi emphasized. “We are currently in another universe.”
 
“… Whatever,” Sasuke muttered. “As long as I get stronger
 
Kakashi didn't stifle a sigh this time, as he raised the shields and set the ship for a course for Traverse Town on the planet's surface. Sasuke's eyes widened only slightly at the turbulence and the flames shooting around the vessel. His incredulousness decreased, and the Copy Ninja smirked.
 
Traverse Town soon came into view, and Kakashi locked onto the landing beacon. With practiced ease he brought the vessel into a docking bay. The Copy Ninja smiled at the attractive woman waiting outside the vessel. She wore a pink, embroidered dress, brown boots, and metallic bracelets. Her long brown hair was in a loose braid that went down to her waist, bangs hanging over bright green eyes and an angelic face. Kakashi opened the cockpit canopy and leapt out in front of the young woman, bowing respectfully.
 
“Aerith Gainsborough, it's a pleasure to see you again,” the Copy Ninja greeted. Aerith laughed.
 
“It's nice to see you again too, Kakashi!” She said happily. “How are you?”
 
“Not bad.”
 
“What brings you here? Another mission? The last one was a while ago,” Aerith noted, crossing her arms under her breasts. Sasuke had come out of the ship by this point, his usual indifferent expression on his face. Aerith saw him and smiled in a friendly way.
 
“Oh, hello. I'm Aerith Gainsborough, who are you?”
 
“… Uchiha Sasuke,” he grunted. Aerith walked forward and wrapped Sasuke up in a hug. The Uchiha's eyes widened, and his cheeks burned red. Kakashi just eye-smiled.
 
“Shy type, huh?” Aerith asked, still smiling in that gentle fashion. “Mmm… Here for training with Leon?”
 
“As well as myself,” Kakashi replied.
 
“Well, come to the house! He'll be back soon,” Aerith nodded. She let Sasuke go, turning and walking through the docking bay door. Kakashi just kept smirking, his student's deathglare making his smile grow.
 
“Where the hell have you taken me?” Sasuke demanded with gritted teeth. Kakashi shook his head.
 
“You'll see,” he chuckled. Kakashi then shot Sasuke a look. “You know, there are few men in the multi-verse who wouldn't have enjoyed that…”
 
“And by that you're implying… What?” Sasuke ground out. Kakashi eye smiled.
 
“Nothing Sasuke… Nothing at all…”
 
That's it, Kakashi's next on my list. Right after Itachi…And NarutoSasuke thought furiously.
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
Hinata walked out of the Hyuuga compound, her eyes straight ahead. She'd resolutely ignored her father's cold looks and avoided her little sister.
 
She was a kunoichi on a mission.
 
“Hinata.”
 
“Ack!” The girl jumped, and activated her Byakugan. She breathed a sigh of relief.
 
“Oh… I-It's you, Kurenai-sensei,” she said quietly. The genjutsu mistress smiled encouragingly at her student.
 
“How are you?”
 
“Um… I'm all right, sensei. I'm just, ah… Um…” She poked her fingers together nervously. Kurenai raised an eyebrow, still smiling. Hinata coughed.
 
“I'm, er… H-How are you?”
 
“Well. I'm here to tell your father about your performance in the chuunin exams,” Kurenai said. Hinata looked down. Kurenai narrowed her eyes, anger at the stubborn bastard in that cold house welling up in her heart.
 
“I take it he hasn't talked to you about it,” she said flatly. Hinata nodded shyly. Kurenai crossed her arms under her breasts and sighed.
 
“Well, I'm going to talk to him anyway. Have a nice day.” Hinata smiled and nodded. She turned away and walked away. Kurenai's frown deepened… before a sly smile emerged on her face.
 
“You know… You could always see Naruto. I'm sure he could use some help training for the Chuunin Exam finals.”
 
Hinata spun around on her heel, blushing brightly and opening her mouth. Kurenai held up a hand to forestall the oncoming stuttered refusal.
 
“Just… Think about it,” Kurenai raised her eyebrows meaningfully. Hinata blushed heavily, managing a nod, before turning around and walking away. The jounin smirked, whistling a cheerful tune as she strolled into the Hyuuga compound.
 
Hyuuga Hanabi saw her older sister's sensei enter the compound, looking particularly smug. The young girl grinned evilly, leaning slightly out of the window.
 
“Hanabi, why are you smiling?” Hiashi asked imperiously.
 
“No reason, Father. No reason,” Hanabi giggled.
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
Evil Hanabi is always fun. As well as evil Kurenai. And evil Kakashi. Aw hell, it's just fun for plenty of characters to be pure evil.
 
A Smartass Naruto is also fun. And Jiraiya makes his training debut.
 
Aerith hugging Sasuke. Well, she's Aerith, so she'll be okay. She can kick his ass. He obviously doesn't know this… Yet.
 
Well, how elsecould they have computers and still rely on 16thcentury weapons technology? Reverse engineered alien spaceship computers. Makes sense to me…
 
Pretty much just a fun chapter to set up most of the next part of the story arc. Sakura's role in this arc will be revealed next chapter. It will hopefully be a surprise… But I have a feeling it won't be.
 
Oh well, it should kick ass.
 
I think I say `kick ass' too much…
 
As always, please be honest in your reviews. I can't improve this story without honest input. Now, time for the reason most of you are still reading.
 
By Reform Joms: Limit: Show Time!
 
"These are not Heartless..." Naruto muttered, as he was surrounded by red and white demons wielding large blood-red scythes. Naruto, meanwhile, only held the Keyblade on one hand, and a kunai on the other, but he knew that using those would only go so far, since the demons' numbers were so great. And he was trapped between a ledge and the demons.
 
Naruto Gummi ship had crash landed in this strange world. Unfortunately, the Keyblade didn't sense any Heartless in this world; he can see why that's the case.
 
The demons slowly ambled towards him. All hopes seemed lost as Naruto prepared to take his final stand. But his ears twitched at a faint sound in the distance. It sounded like a constant purring noise. But the sound grew louder, turning into a loud constant roar. Naruto tensed.
 
Then, something came from behind him from the ledge. And a motorcycle came roaring over him, and crashed into the demon horde.
 
"WHOHO!" The voice belonged to the man riding the motorcycle. He had silver hair, and wore a long red leather coat. On one of his hands he held a massive sword with a skull-like design on the hilt.
 
Making his decision, Naruto quickly followed the charge. He swung his Keyblade to one demon, then quickly kicked another. He then jumped on another and jumped high up into the air. The demons quickly followed to as they jumped. While in mid-air, Naruto sliced one demon in half, kicked another. He then did a mid-air spin, beating down several that came at him. Then, the demons disappeared in a barrage of silver bullets. Naruto stared at the scene as he looked at the man who held one black pistol, and one white pistol.
 
Then Naruto came free-falling. But before he even hit the ground, he landed neatly on the motorcycle, sitting behind the man.
 
The motorcycle skidded to a stop some distance away. The demons had stopped at the sudden arrival.
 
Naruto had one of the biggest grins on his face as the silver-haired man turned to him with a grin that matched his. They stared at each other, a excited fire in their eyes. Adrenalin pumped in their veins as the demons slowly recovered.
 
"Naruto." Naruto said.
 
"Dante." Dante said.
 
With the introductions done, they faced the demon horde, who had began to charage once again. Their grins never left their faces as they faced the demons again. Dante held Rebellion on his right hand, while Naruto had the Keyblade on his Left.
 
Then, at the same time, they both spoke one thing:
 
"Show Time." And the motorcycle roared into life and charged into the demon army.
 
 
By The Violent Tomboy: Kankuro vs. Misumi Tsurugi
 
The puppet master smirked as he faced his opponent. The wrapped bundle on Kankuro's back was rather small, barely over a foot tall. He grabbed it, let the bandages fly off...
 
"Behold my ultimate weapon!"
 
"Mr. Kankuro, I don't think I'll ever be a real boy this way," Pinnocio said meekly, chakra strings attaching his wooden body to Kankuro's fingers.
 
"Shut up!" Kankuro snapped. "How many times do I have to tell you being a real boy is overrated?"
 
 
By Reform Joms: Was it something I said?
 
(WARNING: MAJOR SUGGESTIVE AND SEXUAL THEMES AND HEAVY USE OF LANGUAGE. NOT FOR MINORS!)
(WARNING: Very different from what actually happened. But that just adds to the fun.)
 
 
"N-Naruto-kun, a-are you a-alright?" Hinata asked Naruto when they met up on the way to the Chuunin Exams Prelims, having just finished the Forest of Death.
 
"YEAH!" Naruto shouted, "But we ran into a little problem along the way though."
 
"Pr-problem?" Hinata said, worried.
 
"Yeah! We ran into that creepy Grass-nin with the freaky tongue." Naruto began. "At first, Sasuke got his @$$ sacked by the dude/dudette, and swallowed his scroll. But I came in, after playing with a brown snake with my Keyblade."
 
Hinata just nodded, slightly scared for Naruto. She blushed slightly at Naruto's language.
 
"And then, the guy was guy revealed to be a guy named Orochimaru. He then busted out his big, purple, snake."
 
"B-big...p-purple...snake?" Hinata asked, blushing deeper.
 
"Yeah! He then swung it. Whoa, the thing was huge, like an overgrown salami on steroids! Then I countered by swinging my own Keyblade." Naruto made a few gestures with his hands, by they came out looking wrong, so Hinata blushed deeper. "Then, I got done in a tree! It hurt like hell, really. Then, Orochimaru took out a big, ol' sword! I swear, the thing was probably vibratin' with power, ya know?"
 
At this, all the blood rushed to Hinata's head.
 
"Then, me and Sasuke got beat by Orochimaru's purple snake, and his sword. Then we slept together." Hinata blushed turned to a new shade of tomato.
 
"So, Sakura took good care of us. Then the Sound-nins came. They nearly had Sakura beat. I mean, the Sound Kunoichi was on top of Sakura, pulling her hair, screaming something at the top of her lungs or something, I can't really remember. Then Lee came and nearly beat them to death with his mad beast. He was thrashing like one too!" Hinata blushed deeper. "But the guy with the bandages kicked him good. Then, Sakura was on the dude with the wind thingy on his hands. She looked like she was biting onto something between the guy's legs, and the guy was groaning and hitting her on the head, while Sakura was making noises. Then Ino, Chouji, and Skiamaru came-"
 
"Stop! Stop! No more!" Hinata shouted before she fainted because of a massive fountain of nose-blood.
 
Naruto just looked at her with a weird look, "What? Was it something I said?"