Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kokoro no Kizu, Wounds of the Heart ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 2
A/N: A big thank you to Sunsinger for helping me revise the scene with Naruto and Iruka near the end!
 
* * *
 
As I finished my ramen a dark gaze from behind stabbed me, piercing my flesh like a kunai blade drawn in the heat of battle. Sasuke. Just beyond the ramen bar out in the street I felt his gloomy presence.
 
“Hey Sasuke-kun!” I called out, trying to cheer him up. “Want some ramen?”
 
“Fine,” came the short, flat reply. Sasuke strolled over to counter, taking a seat in silence. He leaned on his elbows, pale thin fingers crossed again, and he lowered his chin, touching his nose to his hands. A breath escaped his lips, blowing under palms, deep and heavy. He cut his breath short. “What?” he hissed.
 
“I…I just thought you might be hungry, Sasuke-kun,” I replied, feeling hurt. I sniffled, burying my face in my arms, against the cold counter top. “You really hate me, don't you? I…I really wanted to be your friend…”
 
Sasuke shot at me an angry glare, black orbs, burning with the anguish of loneliness and suffering. “You never shut up, you do, idiot!?” he lashed out at me.
 
“You hate me. I knew it!” I cried back at him.
 
“For gods sake, just shut up. If this doesn't quiet you, nothing will.” Sasuke reached over, yanking by my white jacket collar. Then he closed his eyes, bent down, claiming my lips with his. Hot, pulsating flesh sucked at my mouth, licked by his tongue demanding entry. It wriggled its way in, sliding up to the roof of my mouth, swirling around, tickling mercilessly. I pulled back moaning, but he tightened his grasp, tongue diving deeper towards the recesses of my throat.
 
Struggle all want you, Naruto-kun, he seemed to say. But it's useless. You challenge me, I dominate, and you're mine!
 
I felt myself submit, sinking in his grasp.
 
Good, that's better, Sasuke approved, finally releasing me.
 
Iruka-sensei witnessed the scene, wide eyed and shocked. Iruka thought, I can't believe he did that! Sasuke ignores the girls that harass him, yet he likes Naruto. They've both suffered greatly, growing up as orphans each alone in their own world. They understand each other's feelings, so perhaps that's why each one is drawn to the other.
 
I gazed longingly into Sasuke's eyes, partly hidden by strands of ebony black hall fell perfectly from its center part on his head.
 
“What!?” Sasuke snapped, yanking my collar again.
“P-please, one more,” I begged, feeling my body grow limp.
 
He frowned, thin black brows furrowed together, creasing the skin between narrow, angry lids, heavily lashed and long. “Fine. If you don't shut up after this, I'll kill you.”
 
He delivered another kiss, this one tender, unlike the last. I melted in its touch, the heat sweet and delicious, overwhelming the senses in a barrage of sensations: pounding heart, adrenal glands on fire, respiration heavy, and sweat that drenched my clothes. I cried out within as it ended.
 
“You're quiet,” Sasuke responded, after breaking our final kiss. He breathed, relaxing his features as his lips curled up in a slight, playful smirk. He…smiled! At least that's the closest to a smile I've ever seen.
 
“I'll see you later, usura tonkachi,” he said, called me an idiot affectionately as he waved and left.
 
“S-sasuke-kun! He likes me, Iruka-sensei,” I cried, moving closer to my sensei.
 
“Ah, of course, in he does in his own way,” agreed Iruka, hugging me tight. Iruka thought to himself, perhaps to Naruto, Sasuke represents perfection, as Konoha worships him, their Uchiha prodigy. Naruto feels that if Sasuke likes him, the rest of village might too, and will stop hating him. My poor Naruto-kun, all you want is love.
 
“Naruto-kun, earlier after class today, when I said I loved you, I meant it. Do you understand what I meant?” Iruka questioned me sincerely.
 
I shook my head, confused "No Iruka-sensei.”
 
“When a person loves another, they are important to the very soul of them. They are so important that a person will lay down their life for those they love,” Iruka explained, cupping my cheeks in his hands.
 
I remembered a few days ago when I stole the scroll from Hokage-sama's house and Mizuki-sensei hunted me down. In the forest, he tried to kill me by hurling a giant shuriken. But Iruka-sensei pushed me down and took it, stabbed in the back by that awful weapon. He was willing to die for me. Is that…love?
 
“Sensei, when Mizuki attacked, you almost died,” I grabbed his arms tightly, burrowing my head in Iruka's warm chest.
 
“Because, Naruto-kun, you are like my son, I love you with all my heart,” Iruka whispered, kissing my hair gently.
“Sensei.” My eyes watered, blurring with tears. “I…I've always wanted a Father…”
 
“And you have him.” Iruka squeezed me tightly, making me feel an overflowing of a great love I never felt. It made me cry even more to feel that love crawl into myself, trying to heal years of suffering, loneliness and anguish.
“If I do, then he'll never leave me like my old parents did,” I cried, soaking his vest with my tears.
“He never will, I never will, I promise. In fact, he wants his son to come over to his place tonight, so he can make him homemade ramen, a bowl even better than Ichiraku's.”
“You'd make me ramen for dinner, Iruka-sensei?” I asked.
 
He nodded, smiling. “Of course!”
 
“Oh sensei, thank you!” I hugged him so hard, I nearly suffocated him.
 
TBC