Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 4: To Reconsider ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Seems like its going fast, it's really not. Going to explain things in this chapter. This will be a Kakashi-eccentric chapter.
 
Please review.
 
 
 
_ _
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Lesson 4: To Reconsider
 
_ _
 
`It seems wrong, in a sense. Doesn't it? But it all has reasoning behind it.'
 
Kakashi pondered to himself as he slowly turned the page of his Icha Icha Paradise book as he sat in the middle of the floor, dressed down for the day. He was clad in his black shirt and pants with no wrappings present.
 
The silver haired sensei sat in silence and ran over his actions within the last few days. He held mixed feelings about them.
 
His first task at hand was to confuse Sakura by testing her childish love for Sasuke. The sensei decided to mess with her mentality, as he did with his other students. The pink haired Genin couldn't see through his deceptions, but at the same time he let his jealousy of Sasuke override him.
 
However, it did manage to keep her mind in confusion.
 
That was the tactic, to make her ponder about Sasuke and question her love for the stoic Genin. He wanted her to think that it was some sort of puppy love and teach her that even in love, you must learn to make a choice. When two love you, who will you chose?
 
At least, this way they would become closer as friends.
 
By questioning her love for Sasuke, she would also see that she should focus more on the task at hand: to become a Shinobi.
 
He thought that, perhaps her mind would be more on task once she saw how much her sensei appreciated her, the she wouldn't rely so much on impressing Sasuke as she would on being a Shinobi.
 
`This isn't working as well as I'd like.' Kakashi sighed as he flipped yet another page, reading and pondering at the same time.
 
Things had been rough for both teacher and student, but in the pit of his guts, Kakashi had a feeling about Sakura still. It confused and intrigued him. As he looked over the events of the past few training days, he began to think on a lot more then just his teaching tactics, but more over his personal feelings as well.
 
He had always been lonely…
 
The lone man sighed to himself.
 
He took a fondness of Team 7, especially for the fact that Naruto meant business before he could utter the word “start”. That kind of attitude was one that he was looking for in someone who wanted to follow the Shinobi path. This team could actually be the type of team he was looking for.
 
The jounin sat in silence for what seemed like hours, indulging himself with the content of the book. Pondering for too long would stress the mind, so he decided not to think too hard on things for now.
 
After what seemed like a good hour of reading through his book, he leaned back lazily and bent his elbow behind his head, lifting the book above his head. Eye, moving, reading the content and pondering over his tactics to make Sakura a better Shinobi by getting her mind off of Sasuke.
 
Love and missions were two things not to be joined together. It could cause for complication.
 
Before the haze of sleep set in, Kakashi thought over his team and was glad that he finally had some students after so many years of failing immature children who could never get the hang of a simple concept such as team work. Sure, he was hard on them, but he wanted them to understand that the path to being a Shinobi was not an easy one.
 
Some of the team members, like Naruto had grown up in an interesting way. His goal was respect, and to be the best he could be, damn him to hell if he didn't go down trying. Sasuke, on the other hand, had what it took as far as physical attributes and fighting style went, but he let his emotions consume him and his mental stability was weak. He fed too much on the dark emotions within himself that had built up since the death of his clan.
 
Kakashi couldn't help but be reminded of an old friend during his teaching of Naruto. He reminded him so much of that name etched upon the memorial stone in the training field. That stone in which he visited every day. The name that reminded him of the very reason that he had the Sharingan Eye.
 
Uchiha Obito.
 
Even in looks, Naruto had reminded him of Obito.
 
But Sakura was different. Her chakra control was the best of the three. She would be a good medic-nin with the proper training. The girl lacked in mature mental structure, however, letting her childish love of Sasuke override her Shinobi training.
 
There had been many a time in which the sensei noticed that Sakura had said the wrong thing, upsetting Sasuke, to be, in turn, upset herself. The silver haired jounin sighed to himself.
 
Young people had too much drama.
 
In the recesses of his mind, he had wondered what Sakura had been thinking about him. Probably that he was just some pervert…
 
Perhaps Kakashi would lie off for a while, and see what the pink haired genin thinks after a while. He had gotten her confused, and now it was time to wait for the results. There was obviously some tension between her and the stoic genin as they were on their way home from training.
 
When he had glanced at her before, she held a look of confusion. The look that he had now became familiar with. The jounin had also noticed that she lay off the romantic commentary towards the black haired boy, and remained a bit more silent then normal.
 
The Copy Ninja felt himself succumb to the haze of sleep. His vision was getting blurry and he could feel his body tingling. The level of the book slowly dropped as he struggled to read the last page of the chapter before dozing off.
 
As the jounin finished the last chapter of the book, it slowly lowered and was sat gently on his face. The hand holding the book, draped across his chest as he lay there, in dead silence in the middle of the floor, forearm used as a pillow to prop his head up.
 
A dark eye closed slowly as a felt a warm sensation overcome him and fell into the deep trance that sleep had placed upon him.
 
The jounin had a lot to think about. Perhaps after a good sleep, he would formulate tasks for his next day of training with his new genin students.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Wow that was short. The next chapter will be normal length. I just wanted to get things straight here about the KakaSaku in these chapters. Sorry about the length.
 
My theory (of many deep intertwined ones) of why Kakashi doesn't concentrate on Naruto. I think Naruto reminds him of Obito in some ways. I think after Obito's death, Kakashi felt a lot of guilt and remorse. It's hard to explain, but it does make sense. If you really want to know e-mail me.
 
Oh to Reviews:
 
Dark Kakashi: This story will last to the end of the Zabuza fight and then skip ahead after the two years that Naruto and Sakura were separated from Kakashi, by that time, Sakura will be 15 after the skip. It will take place on her 15th birthday.
 
Ohtori Akio: You guessed it right, Kakashi had reasoning for what he did. Actually, it was my cover-up for messing up the age and now trying to give justification as to why he hit on her this soon. ^^:;;;;;
 
Mistress DragonFlame: See above. I justified most of his actions from previous chapters to make it seem like he felt that way. Part of it's true but to a small extent. I hope I'm doing a good job at trying to re-work it. From here until the skip, I have nothing but friendship planned. Thanks for sticking with me, though you're annoyed.
 
To Others: Thanks for your reviews. They mean a lot to me.
 
Please review and I'll update sooner!