Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 6: To Keep Changing Within the Shadows ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is another chapter, but first to answer some reviews:
 
The PeaceMaker: Call me what you wish, but I do not steal stories. I'm very busy and I have 79 stories under my screen name. I'm neither Male of Masashi Kishimoto, so it's obvious I don't own characters. Many authors do not write disclaimers as they are boring, non-informative and in Shikamaru's words “a hassle”. People who have never been plagiarized don't know how it feels, and if you criticize me for not putting a disclaimer up, and then do it to other authors as well.
 
Not meaning to be offensive, but I've put up with a lot of crap lately and I can only be pushed so far. I don't like you saying I'm no better then a plagiarist because I forgot to write a disclaimer. There are other authors who do the same thing and we are all better then thieves.
 
About Sakura's catch phrase, I knew that, I just choose to write little fan Japanese.
 
Sakura'sstuckinalovetriangle: That happened, I just added KakaSaku hints to it, if you choose to put it that way.
 
Hiei's Shadow Tenshi: I don't mind if you send it to me. In fact, go ahead; I'd love it if you did. I love Evanescence and Haku and Zabuza are definitely my favorite minor characters. I agree with you, Zabuza wasn't nearly as evil as he was portrayed as, he was, like Kakashi, following the path of being a Shinobi and what he said held truth it, about a ninja being a tool and a warrior. Come to think of it, Kakashi agreed with him when he compared himself to being a warrior.
 
Shikabane-Mai- I'm not sure. I think it's just deleted from fanfiction.net as you would delete a document of information, and thanks for the review.
 
Others: Thank you for your kind reviews.
 
On to the story…
 
 
 
 
 
:::
 
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Chapter 6: To Keep Changing Within the Shadows
 
 
:::
 
 
 
 
`Wow, this is some fog. I can barely see a thing.'
 
There was a substantial, dense fog which hung around the tiny wooden boat as it floated silently through the murky waters to its destination. The bodies in the boat remained unvoiced for a while, all eyes looking around the scenery for any sign of potential attack from any more mist ninja.
 
Upon looking on the scenery, a single eye decided to check out some of the “other” scenery lurking within the boat. The pink haired genin sat near the side of the boat, slightly positioned behind Naruto, leaning against the side of the boat with one leg propped up.
 
During the interval of silence, green orbs looked to her sensei's direction, to notice that he was staring at her. The meadow eyes softened upon reaching contact with the jounin's. An almost inconspicuous blush crept to her cheeks and she allowed herself to give him a kind smile.
 
A happy anime eye was produced as aftermath. Sakura was so contented that her sensei was alright after her near heart attack pertaining to the rouge ninja a few minutes ago. There had been several feelings rushing through her heart as the fleeting thought of her sensei's death. Now that she had thought about it, she had put her life on the line, assuming that he was departed and wanting to follow him to that place.
 
But why had the pink haired genin made that verdict?
 
It seems that she had grown closer to Kakashi-sensei.
 
It is within the human nature to have semi-suicidal tendencies after the death of a loved one. It is also said that after you lose someone close to you that you lose a part of yourself that can never be replaced and that you will always harbor an empty space in your soul.
 
After that specific moment in time, in which Sakura thought that the jounin was dead, a sharp tear went through her heart, so savagely inflicted that she had wanted to grab her chest and double over in pain. As she stood there, those infamous sentences ran through her head.
 
“I can't be easy on you, but I can show you that there is more to life then Sasuke.”
 
She began to wonder to herself what exactly made her want to risk her life for someone that seemed as if they were almost a complete foreigner. Was it because of what he had said to her back in survival training? Or could it be what he had done?
 
It still bemused her, when she thought about it.
 
As she continued to stare, she noticed how Kakashi held a mysterious heir about him when his body was set against the fog. The cloudy liquid softening his features against the misty background of the fog-infested lake as his glance was case back to Tazuna, the two engaging in conversation.
 
The fog seemed to play off of his silver hair, the shades being a little darker, seeming to blend together in perfect harmony as if he were a pastel figure in an artwork or oil paining.
 
The shadows of the dim lighting, playing with the tones of his skin and clothes, bringing out a more dark and mysterious heir.
 
In this light, his figure seemed more melancholy and dark, whereas in the light he seemed like a very different person indeed.
 
It was funny how the different types of light seemed to play off of what type of figure he was portrayed as. It seemed that Kakashi was a very prolific man.
 
Her teacher had so many depths to him, and almost seemed schizophrenic at times because of his constant change of demeanor. After all, he did fail, and then pass them. At times, his decisions perplexed and irritated Sakura.
 
Kakashi's lone, unmasked eye looked back to Sakura, when he and Tazuna had finished their conversation, concerning the matters of Gato. The jounin had known the whole time that Sakura had been looking at him from the other side of the boat.
The jounin found that he had a lot to ponder on.
 
The current mission on hand had not been as easy as it had seemed and not only that, his client was well worth the hassle. This was not a C Rank mission; it had been the equivalent of a B Rank mission and within the clockwork confines of his mind he could only see it as being worse. The more information that Tazuna divulged about the ninja being after him, the more complicated things were getting.
 
He had to force Squad 7 to move on, and hope that their survival training constituted as sufficient enough to face the tasks ahead. It seemed that his student's paths to being shinobi were skipping ahead to hard trials.
 
No matter if the doppelganger was speaking to gain time for the Sharingan to activate and copy his technique, he had meant every word. There had been too many times in the past in which Kakashi had made some imprudent mistakes which had caused innocents and team mates alike to lose their lives.
 
The culpability he had felt was almost unbearable to live with, and as a result he would never get close to anyone…
 
His eye looked to the hull of the boat; a painful sorrow dulled his lone eye as he sat in silence, waiting for the correct time to be out of reach enough as to not be found out.
 
Across the boat, Sakura could feel a certain wretchedness seeping from the mostly black clad figure from the other side of the boat and wondered what he was thinking about. Sasuke and Naruto were too busy paying attention to their own needs to notice Kakashi, sitting morbidly at the conflicting end of the boat. He looked so sad…
 
The girl felt a small prang in her heart that she couldn't quite place the reason why. Over the amount of time it took to go from survival training to their first mission, the pink haired girl seemed to develop some kind of small feelings for her instructor.
 
She wasn't sure about what type of feelings they were, but she had plenty of time to ponder over it. When she came to terms on what to do, she would try and gather her courage to speak to her sensei.
 
Green eyes looked to her foot stretched out to the other side of the boat. Sakura sighed to herself.
 
`How can I tell Kakashi-sensei about what I feel?' She thought to herself. `We haven't known each other for very long…Even so; he doesn't talk much to others, does he? If I told him, he might just laugh at me, or tell me to get lost or something…'
 
The girl glanced back over to him.
 
`Oh, what am I going to do? I'm afraid to tell him…I mean, I try to tell Sasuke and he…' Green orbs glassed over with a thin layer of unshed tears as she cast the stoic boy a saddened gaze before turning back to her sensei, who was keeping an eye out for any threats through the mist.
 
`I don't want to be turned down, or made fun of for something I truly feel.'
 
`You're annoying…
 
Annoying…
 
Annoying…'
 
The thought raced through her head as she recalled the sharp stab received from Sasuke that day.
 
It wasn't the only stab that she had received from the dark haired boy.
 
Sakura shivered a bit as the small boat was traveling through a tunnel. Darkness shrouded everyone on board. It was a bit colder in the shade, her body had been covered in dense mist from their trip and her skin held a thin layer of condensation, being cooled in the shade caused her to tremble a bit in the darkness.
 
Though she was in the presence of others, she felt cold and alone.
 
Everyone sat in complete silence as the boat traveled through the tunnel.
The pink haired girl could see what little light was shining through bouncing off of the figures in the boat, creating silver silhouettes in the darkness.
 
Suddenly, she felt a warm sensation overcome her when the boat reached the end of the tunnel.
 
“WOW!” The girl heard Naruto yell as the bright blue sea was set out before them.
 
Sakura looked around her to see the bright sea of blue, the sunlight bouncing off of the water, making it glisten with the brilliance of a thousand crystals. She smiled to herself, feeling the warm rays of the sun heating up the chill of her body.
 
She looked behind her to see Kakashi, who was also looking around at his environs, taking in the vast waters of the sea in all of their glory.
 
The boat finally pulled up to the dock as they all exited the boat, Tazuna first, then Kakashi and Naruto. The pink haired genin steadied herself to step off of the boat and looked up to see a hand virtually in her face. She looked up to see that the extremity was attached to Kakashi.
 
“Need a hand, Sakura?” The silver haired jounin asked, producing his happy anime eye as the golden sunlight bounced off of his form and caused his hair to shimmer against the blue sky, playing with the shades and tints of gray.
 
She flushed a slight pink and allowed a small giggle to escape her lips. The girl had never had anyone of the opposite gender make such a gentlemanly gesture to her.
 
“S-Sure.” Sakura replied innocently as her small hand was gently placed in his.
 
His large hand gently clasped around hers as Sakura felt a tingly sensation within the pit of her stomach as their appendages touched. Kakashi's touch was so tepid and tender. It wasn't the same type of warm as the sun's rays; it was an entirely different feeling.
 
This tenderness radiated from his form, filling her body with calming ambiance. The flush on her cheeks deepen as he pulled her up, his pull physically powerful and gentle, reassuring that she wouldn't fall.
 
She looked at his face…
 
There was something about it that couldn't be placed. That look in his eye. It seemed so recognizable.
 
The two of them stood there, gazing at each other for a moment stationary in time. They were still hand-in-hand as they stood there. Sakura smiled at him, and he returned her smile with his usual response of a happy anime eye.
 
She felt a wave of calm rush over her as she gazed into her teacher's face. To anyone else, it would seem that his idiom was the same as usual, but to her it was quite different then before. It held calm about it that she hadn't noticed before.
 
“Thanks, Kakashi-sensei.” She complimented.
 
“You're welcome, Sakura.”
 
There was another silence as she could feel them both being stared at by three pairs of eyes.
 
“Oh.” Kakashi opened his eye, noticing everyone was finding him a sight and let go of Sakura's hand. “Sorry about that. I spaced out.”
 
The girl slowly let go of her sensei's hand, not really wanting to, for reasons that were still unknown, even to her. Sakura didn't want the feelings or the touch to abscond her, but as he let go to turn and begin walking away with the others, she felt a cold sensation bring her body back into the haze of reality. Green orbs looked to her hand, then looked back up to see everyone walking away, she then followed behind, her mind still reliving that warm feeling and somehow, wishing that the moment would have lasted a bit longer.
 
She didn't even seem to mind that Sasuke was one of the people staring at her.
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
A/N: Here we go. Another chapter completed. Please review and I hope you enjoy!