Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 7: To Face Hardships ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for being late. I was gone all weekend and didn't have time to type. Thanks for all of your reviews!
 
 
NOTE: If I don't update on Monday, keep checking throughout the week. I guarantee an update that week.
 
ALSO: I highly recommend the fanfic Misunderstandings by Hinoto Nobukaze. It's the best KakaSaku fanfic I've ever read and if you like Lessons in Shinobi Love, I think you'll love this fic. Now, on with the show!
 
 
 
 
II.
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
Lesson 7: To Face Hardships
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
II.
 
 
“Shinobi who have the Sharingan Eye…Have mastered a form of ocular ninjutsu. It enables them to penetrate and see behind any illusion of spell and reflect the power of the magic they penetrate back on those who cast them. A Mirror Wheel, or Sharingan Eye is one of several types used by the masters.”
 
Sakura turned her head to gaze at her sensei's mismatched eyes in awe. She never would have guessed that her sensei was capable of such a powerful skill, though part of her had expected to less from someone as powerful as Kakashi-sensei. After all, he was a jounin, an elite ninja, and there was no one else that she would rather have taken her under their wing then him.
 
Green orbs stared with anticipation as she gazed upon the new battle laid before her and the rest of the squad. There, their new opponent stood, high up in the treetops above, feet planted on that oversized sword of his. He didn't say much, simply gazed at those below him, more preferably Kakashi.
 
Meadow eyes also looked to her sensei, who stood tall and remained alert to his surroundings.
 
“ When I was an assassin for the Kirigakure, I possessed the usual bingo book of enemies. It had quite the extensive write up on you. Including a mention of your impressive record. The man who penetrated and copied over 1,000 different techniques…Kakashi, the mirror Ninja.”
 
Confusion lit through green eyes as they locked onto the figure of her sensei. “But…Kakashi-sensei is just…He and old man Hokage are…”
 
She stood there in a state of confusion as she thought to herself. `Are they really that powerful?'
 
After standing there a few moments, she assumed the Manji Formation with Sasuke and Naruto as their enemy seemed to disappear within a shroud of heavy mist. She stood to the left of Tazuna, clutching her kunai knife.
 
They caught sight of him after a long moment of silence. He seemed to be standing atop of the water, striking a battle pose, with one arm straight up into the air, most likely to perform another jutsu.
 
Sakura couldn't believe her eyes. Zabuza was standing a top of the water. She blinked, unsure of what exactly to think of someone who seemed to possess an ability that was notable of the events of the Bible.
 
In the back of her mind, she had to keep her cool. This was the enemy and she would protect Tazuna, as she was instructed to do.
 
The group became overcome with the heavy fog-like mist once more and the enemy was yet again hidden from view, allowing them to have the upper hand. Sakura glanced to her sensei, who was preparing to make his attack. She could feel a heavy wave of chakra emitted from her sensei's being. All eyes seemed to be locked on his body.
 
The pink haired genin tried to stabilize herself against the intense aura that he was putting off. The very presence seemed to feed off of her mentality, grinding on the threads of her sanity. She wondered if anyone else could feel it and she soon found out her answer as she looked to Sasuke, who had a look of utter dismay and dare she admit it, a frantic state of insanity on his face as he trembled under the weight of the chakra.
 
His unsteady hand clutched the kunai knife, inching it closer to his chest. A worried expression washed over her face as she witnessed the effects of that type of energy evoked on someone who couldn't handle it as well as her.
 
“Sasuke!” She blinked as she heard Kakashi talk to him.
 
“Calm down. Even if he gets me, I'll still protect you. I will never let my comrades die.”
 
He sounded so self-righteous when he said things like that. Sakura put full trust in her sensei, especially after he scared her like that while facing those rouge mist ninja earlier.
 
“I wouldn't bet on that.” The pink haired kunoichi heard Zabuza's voice so close that she could swear he was right behind her. Eyes widened upon thinking that thought and putting together the fact that he had hidden himself amongst the mist for quite sometime. Looking behind her, almost in perfect synchronization with the other team members, she could see the tall man, wielding his gigantic sword, his body placed in-between the three of them and their client, breaking and Manji Formation and leaving them all susceptible to a lethal attack.
 
“Game over.”
 
Suddenly, there was what seemed like a bust of energy out of nowhere, and she felt herself flying forward with force, as if someone shoved her violently. As if by natural reaction, she turned around to see what had done that and saw that it was Kakashi, stabbing Zabuza in the abdomen with a kunai knife. There was a sound of liquid hitting the ground in a steady stream, much to fast to be blood. It seemed like water, and upon noticing it, it was water.
 
That meant…
 
It was a clone, a doppelganger.
 
The real Zabuza was around there somewhere, still hidden in the mist…But where?
 
Meadow eyes widened upon seeing yet another Zabuza behind her sensei, and she heard Naruto yell to the silver haired jounin that he was behind him. Sakura was glad that someone had, because the move was so swift that she was left speechless.
 
And what was about to come would further render her speechless.
 
The enemy had chopped her sensei in half yet again, earning a scream from the pink haired girl. She had more faith in him, however. He surely wasn't dead this time.
 
And her assumptions where right.
 
She was splashed with water as the clone transformed back into its original state: water.
 
The silver haired jounin appeared behind Zabuza. They were almost like two children, when she thought about it. “I'll get behind you!” “No, I'll get behind you!” Sakura hoped that it would be the last time anyone got behind anyone. Perhaps Kakashi would deliver the final strike and end their encounter.
 
But it didn't seem that simple.
 
“Hee hee!” Sakura giggled with glee at the fact that Kakashi got the upper hand, but her giggling was soon silenced as Zabuza was not behind Kakashi yet again. The pink haired genin stifled an unamused look, seeing as they had just done it again.
 
The fight of who was behind who soon came to a stop, as Zabuza made his attack, swinging his enormous sword at her sensei, the intelligent Copy Ninja crouching down to dodge the attack, sending his opponent forward, but he soon changed directions, using his weapon to stop his body from going backwards and propel himself forward to kick the silver haired jounin, causing him to fly into the water.
 
`Did Kakashi-sensei just fly all that way?' The green eyed girl blinked, green eyes staring in astonishment. After all, it had been the first time Kakashi was touched in both battles.
 
After a few minutes her teacher didn't emerge, when he did, he came up slowly, as if he had some weights attached to his body, trying to drag him down. Her eyebrows furrowed in thought. Why would he be struggling to get up when he only got wet?
 
Then she found out why.
 
Suddenly, he was encased in watery sphere. Zabuza had used a Water Encasement Jutsu. Kakashi was just as surprised as she was. No one saw it coming, she didn't even think the Sharingan saw it coming.
 
The water produced yet another water clone, and it jumped in front of the rest of the team and rushed forward with great force, kicking Naruto and making him fly back, knocking off his Leaf headband.
 
Her meadow eyes looked back on her comrade with concern. The blonde slowly got up and a moment of silence passed as he bum rushed the water doppelganger.
 
“Fool!” She could hear her sensei shouting from within his watery entrapment.
 
“Naruto! What are you thinking?” The pink haired kunoichi yelled.
 
Upon noticing that the bum rush didn't do anything but earn Naruto another kick to the face, Sakura decided to give him a piece of her mind. “What are you thinking!? Tackling him all by yourself! You think you're so cool, but you're just a junior ninja like us!”
 
Who did Naruto think he was? Not even Kakashi-sensei could take him on, what made him think that he could do any better? After all, Kakashi was a jounin and they were, like she had told Naruto, only genin.
 
Confusion struck through the meadows of her eyes as she noted that Naruto only charged him to get back his headband. She blinked in confusion.
 
“What's the matter with you? I told you to run.” She turned swiftly, pink tresses hitting her face as she did. The location of the voice was from within its watery prison. “It's over…It was over the second he caught me!” It was her sensei. “You have to do your duty. Keep that in mind. We're here to protect Mr. Tazuna!”
 
She blinked and worry crossed her expression. Sakura couldn't just go and leave Tazuna to follow the Copy Ninja, but she couldn't leave Kakashi back there to be killed by Zabuza. A flicker of sorrow crossed her mind as something the Copy Ninja had told her before ran through her mind.
 
`The day could come…when one of you may be taken hostage and you are forced to make a choice. When you are on a mission, your lives will always be on the line.'
 
The girl looked to Tazuna, as if he could possibly have the answer to her question. The old man remained silent for a while and seemed to be regretting something silent and harbored deep inside.
 
He looked up and finally spoke. “Let's face the facts. I got us into this mess by lying. I've had a real long life, and it would be wrong to let you four kids die trying to save me. So go ahead and give this fight everything you've got!”
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: Probably a bit boring, but there will be some chapters like it that are just a recap of things that had happened. It makes it realistic, after all and chronologically correct. Not much romance here, and probably not in the next chapter either, but there will be soon.
 
Sorry for the lateness of the chapter, I had job interviews today and I got it half typed and just now typed the rest. Its un-beta read, but I got it posted. It's probably a little short, but that's because I'm short on time today. The next one will be normal length.
 
Please review me!