Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 10: To Soothe ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Wow, I'm so sorry about the lack of updates. Went into a depression and recently pulled out. I'm going to try to double update or make this chapter longer.
 
Here's some more KakaSaku goodness.
 
 
 
 
 
::
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
Chapter 10: To Soothe
 
::
 
 
When Naruto and Sasuke were out of the room, viridian eyes cast gaze to Kakashi, who was slumbering peacefully. Usually her sensei was very level headed, alert in battle and very incentive. He was always on the look out for any incoming danger, and though she could only see one eye (unless the Sharingan was in use) it was always clear and sharp, like an eagle's eye.
 
But now…
 
Now he looked so different.
 
He lay there eyes closed in a peaceful sleep.
 
A million thoughts ran through her head at the moment as her eyes were plastered to the figure. They scanned over the slumbering figure which lay on the ground, body cushioned by the futon.
 
`Sleep well, Kakashi-sensei…I hope you can regain your strength and will be alright. I'd hate to think of what would happen if you had any complications…' A sense of worry struck through the viridian gardens within the depths of her eyes.
 
Small hands reached up and took hold of the top of the covers and gently pulled them up around his shoulders. Green eyes looked down at him and a small smile graced pink lips.
 
A moment of silence passed as she watched him sleep, monitoring the gentle rise and fall of his chest and he slept. Sakura seemed to loose track of everything around her as her sight was locked on Kakashi.
 
A slender hand reached up over his face, casting a small shadow. The limb reaches up to his spiked hair, and she could feel the tips of the spikes against her flesh. Her orbs softened. How she wanted to run her hands through his hair.
 
After ten minutes of mental preparation, her hand slowly went into the forest of silver, feeling the silky texture of the strands. Sakura ran her hand through his tresses in a petting motion.
 
`His hair is so soft…' She thought to herself, but then her inner being protested. `What are you doing?! That's your teacher! Are you crazy? Have you lost it, Sakura?!'
 
The pink haired kunoichi blinked, lifting her hand slowly from his hair, but as she did Kakashi made a face that seemed to dig into the depths of her soul for some reason.
 
His visible brow made a `U' shape, and he appeared a bit sorrowful. Feeling herself sadden, she placed her hand back into his hair.
 
`Kakashi-sensei…'
 
The girl looked up and saw that there was no one in the room. She scanned every inch of the room and found no form of life around. She was alone with him. It was just the two of them and the oxygen in the room.
 
Sakura stared at his face. He looked like he was going into a fitful sleep.
 
`He looks so sad…' The girl thought, putting a finger to her pink lips. `You know, he's not that much older then me. There are a lot of couples out there who are 8 to 10 years apart…Argh! No way! Sasuke's my man! Remember, I went through all of this training to prove myself to him. I want to be a valuable member of the team and show him that I can be strong! But if that's so…Then why don't I feel as strongly about it as I did before?'
 
Her hand went to the side of her sensei's face, caressing it lightly. `What's wrong with me? Why can't I pull away! He's my teacher, and he's older then me, not to mention the fact that we could never…Why am I thinking about this?! I DON'T LOVE MY TEACHER!!'
 
Kakashi relaxed from whatever fit he was having and let out a sigh.
 
“Hmm?” Sakura blinked.
 
She felt her hand grow cold and noticed that his head was turned away. The jounin winced and let out a pained and disgruntled noise. His eyebrow quivered and his visible eye clenched shut. The girl made a sympathetic face at her teacher and ran her hand through his hair.
 
“It's ok, Kakashi-sensei. I'm here…and I won't leave you, no matter what.”
 
Sakura tried to hush him, running her hand through the silky tresses of his hair and trying to soothe him in his sleep. The jounin's head turned down ward and let out a small tremble.
 
“Kakashi-sensei…Oh please be alright.”
 
As if acting on impulse, she leaned down and gave him an innocent kiss underneath his closed eye. The girl left her lips there for a while, until she realized what she had just done.
 
She kissed her teacher.
 
`ARGH!! What are you doing, Sakura!?' Her inner being screamed within the recesses of her mind. `Ok, ok, calm down. It wasn't a direct kiss or anything, so it's not like you touched his lips or anything. That would just be wrong! I'd never…I respect him too much! It was just a calming kiss, like a mother would give a crying child. There was no feeling other then kindness in it…and no one saw, right?'
 
Viridian orbs bounced across the room. She was in the clear. No one had been there.
 
Sakura looked back at Kakashi. He was now sound asleep. The sensei rolled back over and looked peaceful again.
 
After another silence, she heard a loud mouth and the pitter patter of sandals on hard wood floor.
 
It was Naruto.
 
The blonde came bolting into the room and sat down cross-legged by the bed, startling Sakura, making her snap her head up and look at him with a piercing glare.
 
“What? What did I do?” Naruto asked.
 
“Do you have to come in here recklessly like that?!” She scolded. “You could have woke Kakashi-sensei up! He needs his rest!”
 
“Well, you should tone it down too. You're louder then me.” Naruto bit back. “Besides, what was your head doing so close to his anyway?”
 
“What?” The pink haired girl almost breathed the word. “I was checking his temperature.”
 
“Why are you being so friendly to Kakashi-sensei anyway? I thought you'd be hanging around with Sasuke.”
 
“Kakashi-sensei needs me. He's hurt and someone has to look after him.”
 
“Tazuna and Tsunami are around if anything bad happens to him, so why do you feel so obligated all of a sudden?”
 
“He's our teacher! We need him! I'm not going to goof off, because if he had complications and something bad happened, I wouldn't forgive myself.” Her gaze hit the floor. “He risked his life to save us from Zabuza and if he hadn't have defeated him when he did…I hate to even think about it.”
 
“Come on Sakura, he's a jounin, an elite ninja. He knew what he was doing and now Zabuza is gone so we don't really have to worry about it.” Naruto advised, and then put his arms behind his head in a relaxed manner. “So let's just wait until he wakes up, alright?”
 
She nodded silently and took her hand from his hitai-ate. She had moved it there when Naruto came into the room, so she didn't look conspicuous.
 
The two sat there, in complete silence for about an hour before the blonde spoke up.
 
“Hey Sakura.”
 
“What, Naruto?”
 
The blonde had a mischievous grin.
 
The kunoichi frowned. “Don't think about playing any jokes on Kakashi-sensei in his sleep. That's just wrong.”
 
“Haven't you ever wondered what's behind his mask?” The blonde asked.
 
Sakura's face turned from angry to questioning as she blinked in confusion. “Yes, I have. What does that have to do with anything?”
 
“Think about it. Now is the perfect time to see what he's hiding.” Naruto leaned in close.
 
Green eyes looked to Kakashi's face as she put a finger to her lips and thought. `Cha! You know you want to see what's under that mask! You've been dying to ever since you met him. Now he can't stop you! Go for it!'
 
“You're right, but how do we go about it? I mean, won't he wake up?” She looked to her partner in crime.
 
“Are you kidding? He's sound asleep. We'll just take a look, and then pull his mask back up and he won't suspect a thing!”
 
“Well…Alright, but if he wakes up, it's your fault.”
 
“What?...Oh, all right.” Naruto agreed making a disgruntled face, which soon turned back into a malicious grin.
 
Sasuke and Tazuna walked into the room, sitting down on the ground quietly. “What are you two doing?”
 
“We're going to see what's under Kakashi-sensei's mask.” Naruto said as he approached Kakashi. Sakura approached him from the other side and they both put their hands out, reaching for the cloth covering the jounin's face. The silver haired man seemed to go into a fitful sleep again. Both hands inched their way down…
 
Then, his visible eye shot open.
 
“EEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!” Naruto and Sakura screamed, putting their hands in front of their faces in surprise. Naruto fell on his back, and Sakura almost did, but caught herself with her hands.
 
`ARGH! Why does he have to scare people like that!? I knew this was a bad idea!' Viridian orbs hardened, turning into jewels that cast a cold sheen over to Naruto, who was almost hyperventilating.
 
Tsunami walked into the room, seeing Kakashi awake. “Oh, Kakashi-sensei are you awake?”
 
“You idiot! Don't be such a klutz! We almost got to see what was under his mask!” Sakura scorned, leaning over Naruto with a clenched fist.
 
The jounin put a hand over his face, and then looked as if he were contemplating on something. He held his chin in his hand and didn't speak a word, causing everyone in the room to set their sights on him.
 
TBC
 
 
 
A/N: I am SO sorry about not updating, but I am back and ready to write. The next chapter will come very soon! I hope I haven't lost anyone and I hope you're not angry or upset with me. Sorry I haven't been living up to my word, I'll try to keep it from now on.
 
Please review!