Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 11: To Mature ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here I am with another update! I'm glad that everyone stuck behind me. Oh and as a note, please read my fanfic A Trick Gone Too Far it has the pairing KakaSaku in it. There is not KakaSaku yet, but there will be.
 
 
Also, check out Of Romance and Kunai Knives by Ohtori Akio and Beyond Your Control a joint fanfic by Ohtori Akio and I. It's the remade version of my old fanfic, Love Slave.
 
 
 
 
:*:*:*
 
Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
Lesson 11: To Mature
 
:*:*:*
 
 
 
Their sensei looked thoughtful for a moment, the whole room stood in dead silence.
 
“What's wrong, Kakashi-sensei?” Naruto spoke up.
 
“Hmm…Of course…” Kakashi pondered out loud, taking his hand from his face and looking at everyone. “ The Shinobi Hunters who manage corpse disposals are supposed to destroy bodies they kill at once, right on the spot.”
 
“So what?” The kunoichi asked, being a bit unnerved by this new information.
 
“Don't you get it? How did the kid in the mask dispose of Zabuza's corpse?”
 
“Huh?” Sakura asked aloud, and then paused to see that he was still looking at her. “How should I know? He took the body with him.”
 
“Yes, he did…Even though all he needed to take home as proof that he'd made the kill was the head…and there is a mystery surrounding the weapons that the hunter used to dispatch his prey…”
 
Across the room, Sasuke's face held a look of surprise to it. “No way…”
 
“Yes…Way!”
 
“What the hell nonsense are you all mumbling about?” Tazuna asked, not really paying much attention to the conversation.
 
“That it's likely…Zabuza is still alive!”
 
Shock spread through the room like a lightning bolt across a darkened sky. How could that be? Everyone had been so sure that he was dead…
 
What the hell are you talking about!?!” Naruto screamed, balling his fists and bringing them to his chest.
 
“But, Kakashi-sensei, you checked to be sure Zabuza was dead, didn't you?!!” The pink haired one yelled after Naruto took a turn, dread, shock and confusion coursing through her.
 
Kakashi recalled the event carefully. “I made sure of it…But…A deathlike trance could have created a very convincing illusion of the real thing…Those acupuncture needle weapons that Shinobi Hunter used can be deadly. If they hit a vital spot. If not, the mortality rate is surprisingly low…and remember, they were originally designed as medical treatment tools. Shinobi Hunters and all members of any village's corpse disposal squad must possess an intimate and thorough knowledge of the human physiology. It would be simple for one of them to place a person into a near death state. First of all, the masked boy went to the trouble to lugging off Zabuza's heavy corpse…secondly, the acupuncture needles he used as weapons, while potentially deadly, can also be used to inflict non-mortal injury…These two points suggest that the kid's objective was to give the illusion of killing Zabuza…While he rescued him. Things may be just the way they seemed but we have to consider the other possibility.”
 
“Shinobi Hunters are supposed to hunt outlaw Shinobi, right?” Tazuna asked. “Aren't you just complicating things by over thinking them?”
 
 
“Uuusually…But ignoring something that smells this fishy is a great first step to being caught completely unprepared and preparation is a shinobi's most important skill. Oh well! Whether Zabuza's dead of alive, there may still be more and even deadlier ninja in the service of our enemy, Gato.” Kakashi finished.
 
Sakura looked thoughtful for a few minutes before speaking up, “Kakashi-sensei! You said “Preparation is a shinobi's most important skill,” But right now you can't even move. What are you going to do?”
 
A small chuckle was emitted from masked lips.
 
The kunoichi made a confused face. What the hell was so funny about a situation like that?
 
“I'm going to increase your training schedule.”
 
“What!? Training!?!!” Surprise lit up through the orbs of different colors.
 
“But Kakashi-sensei, what will a little extra training now matter with what we're up against!? Our opponent is a ninja so powerful that even with your Sharingan eye power, he almost defeated you!” She blurted out.
 
“And when I was beleaguered, Sakura…Think about who it was that rescued me. You three are all maturing, progressing rapidly, and your powers growing exponentially…Especially your Naruto. You've grown the most.”
 
The pink haired girl looked over to Naruto, who was all smiles and looked thoughtful.
 
“But with that being said. The skills I teach you now will be an interim thing only, to tide us over until I recover enough to take over.”
 
Green eyes looked back to the dark figure, sitting on the futon. “But Kakashi-sensei, even if Zabuza is alive, how can we just train without knowing when he may return again?”
 
“An excellent question, but once a person has entered a near death trance, it's quite some time before their body returns to its previous state of health and readiness.”
 
“So we'll train while we're waiting!” Naruto spoke up. “Could be fun!”
 
A small child entered the room . “It won't be fun for you.”
 
Of course, Naruto had to be the first one to open his mouth. Sakura just looked confused at the matter. Who was he, anyway? He was soon introduced as Inari, Tazuna's grandson. He told Tsunami that they were going to die.
 
The blonde began to work off of the insult and yell a few of his own, the kunoichi tried to calm him down, insisting that he was only a boy while thinking to herself that the comment was a lot of good self esteem to them, especially with Kakashi being down at the moment.
 
Naruto continued to talk of how he was going to be Hokage and replied that Gato's name meant chocolate and he couldn't seriously expect him to be afraid of someone with such a ridiculous name.
 
“Hero? You're dumb! There's no such thing!”
 
This really set him off. “Wh-What!?!?”
 
“I said quit it!!” The pink haired girl grabbed his shoulder, holding him back.
 
“If you don't want to die, go home now.”
 
“Where are you off to, Inari?” Tazuna asked his retreating grandson.
 
“I'm going to watch the ocean from my room.”
 
All that was heard was a slamming shoji door and the low growl of Naruto.
 
“Please forgive him.” The old man looked to his bodyguards.
 
Naruto left the room and everyone seemed silent.
 
Green eyes went back to her sensei, who was silently staring at the door. She sighed to herself. More training! She hoped that nothing came up again or Zabuza didn't prove them wrong and show up anyway.
 
She looked over to Sasuke, who sat in silence, then back to Tazuna, then to her teacher, who was now looking back at her.
 
Viridian eyes sparkled on him; it looked like he was going to be alright.
 
 
 
II.
 
 
 
The woods were full of fall trees, whose branches and long trunks extended to the sky, as if to reach a destination they could never find.
 
The silver haired jounin was on crutches.
 
Sakura's blonde team mate was celebrating that day, until the discussion of chakra came up, and then he just looked dumbfounded at what chakra was.
 
Exasperated faces sprouted across the scenery.
 
“All right, Sakura…” Kakashi threw a hand out in her direction as she began to explain the definition and purpose of chakra to him.
 
“That's correct.”
 
The pink haired girl beamed. She had a smile from ear to ear and felt a small warm feeling within the pit of her stomach. She felt good that her teacher chose her to explain chakra and felt as if she were competent enough to describe it so thoroughly.
 
Well, the warm feeling was there, until Naruto opened his mouth. Sakura frowned and she didn't remember it being quite so cold over there.
 
Kakashi explained further, the importance of balancing chakra. After that Naruto asked what the training would be.
 
“You learn to control your body through the harshest training…Go out on a limb and learn from experience.”
 
“How do we do that?” Sakura asked.
 
“How? We climb trees!”
 
 
TBC…
 
 
A/N: Bleh…Not much here but actual storyline. There will be something different in the next chapter though. Please review! Also, check out `Blood in the Snow' by Ohtori Akio. It's not KakaSaku, but it's really interesting.
 
Also, remember to check out the other aforementioned fanfics. They are quite enjoyable.